AP poll: Obama losing on experience to … Sarah Palin

posted at 6:52 pm on September 12, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

How did that massive attempt to define Sarah Palin as dangerously unprepared to become the “standy President”, as one wag put it, work out for Barack Obama?  Decidedly mixed.  On the good side, he got 36% of the voters in the latest AP poll to agree with him.  On the bad side?  Well ….

The poll suggests that perceived inexperience is more of a problem at the top of the Democratic ticket than in the No. 2 spot for Republicans.

Eighty percent say McCain, with nearly three decades in Congress, has the right experience to be president. Just 46 percent say Obama, now in his fourth year in the Senate, is experienced enough.

Fully 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience — an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about McCain running mate Sarah Palin, serving her second year as Alaska governor after being a small-town mayor.

Hey, thanks for making experience an even bigger issue than before, Senator Obama!  After the first shrieks of “untested” went out about Palin, the Democratic offensive got everyone wondering about the credentials of the top of the Democratic ticket.  Result?  Epic fail.  More people believe Obama lacks enough experience for the job than believe him suitably prepared.

Overall, McCain takes the lead among likely voters by four, 48-44.  He has more base loyalty now than Obama, by eleven points.  And while Obama leads in younger voters, McCain’s lead is strongest among older voters — who show up more reliably to vote in elections.  He also has a large lead among white voters of all educational backgrounds, a sign that Obama may have the same problems he had in the later primaries once out of the urban areas.

The AP poll also confirms the Gallup findings that the generic Congressional ballot has narrowed considerably.  They have the Democrats with only a five-point lead, which bodes ill for any expansion of the Democratic majority.  Given the trends since the beginning of August, a Republican victory in the House appears a rational possibility instead of a pipe dream.

Democrats have to be dumbfounded at the state of the race with less than eight weeks to go before the election.   Their presidential ticket was supposed to usher in a new era of Democratic control.  I’d start watching for overt signs of buyer’s remorse in the next few days.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Sorry to be so how-I-am, Ed, but this one goes in my trophy case. (There was plenty of room, if you know what I mean.)

After the selection of Palin, whenever it was AP came out of hiding and declared that McCain had idiotically given up the “experience” issue, I was crowing that Palin was a genius selection because there was no way the the Obamidiots would dare mouth the word “experience”.

I was wrong; they did; their bluff has failed (yes!), and I got it right. I was wrong before I was right! Wooooooooohooooooooo!

Jaibones on September 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Checkers may win but I doubt it.

sven10077 on September 12, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Chess versus checkers is a good analogy. For the first time in eons, we’re the ones playing chess. Finally!

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Grove Parc and several other prominent failures were developed and managed by Obama’s close friends and political supporters. Those people profited from the subsidies even as many of Obama’s constituents suffered. Tenants lost their homes; surrounding neighborhoods were blighted.

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM

By the way- who was the MAIN PERSON to profit from this “communist organizing”?

Why, none other than one TONY REZKO!

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 7:42 PM

You’re insulting Jindal, as if there’s any comparison when it comes to intelligence or knowledge of foreign policy. Please take your scorn for Jindal elsewhere, you won’t find any sympathy here.

bayam on September 12, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Ok, I guess bayam is just posting randomly. There’s not much difference between Jindal and Palin, except that unfortunately Jindal exposed himself to significant criticism down the road when he failed to veto the law allowing Intelligent Design to be taught in science classes in public schools. Both are rising stars in the Republican party, both first term governors, neither is a white guy, and both have been compared (favorably) to Reagan.

Since he has supported Rudy, Fred, and Jindal in this thread – three pretty different guys – and keeps mentioning “intelligence” and “knowledge” as the consistent knock on Palin, I gather that is his main complaint. ‘Not sure I see where that comes from, unless we have another case of someone mistaking academic credentials with leadership skills or political acumen. Is that it?

Y-not on September 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Rod Blagojevich, the Illinois governor, thinks Palin has plenty of experience.

The Obama campaign is running out of issues…well, they never really had any issues. But, they certainly have “issues.” They are still making it up as they go along. And Obama has said many times, that his experience running for President is sufficient for him to be President, and he will run his Administration as he has run his campaign.

And people still want to vote for Obama?

coldwarrior on September 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM

waiting for Harry Reid to say this election is lost for the dems and surrender . Oh wait no he only dose that when its out men and women fighting over seas.

Mojack420 on September 12, 2008 at 7:47 PM

waiting for Harry Reid to say this election is lost for the dems and surrender . Oh wait no he only dose that when its out OUR men and women fighting over seas.

Mojack420 on September 12, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Poor Joe Biden must be in fear for his life. Obama will do anything to win.

surfer girl on September 12, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Team Obama:

Your strategy is weak. No one is buying and ya should not be selling.

Waterboy on September 12, 2008 at 7:55 PM

What a debacle.

Terrye on September 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Gee, never saw this comming![/sarc

Fromer mayor and current governor vs. community oragnizer (Chicago’s murder rate an excellent example of just how good he was at that job…) and career memoir writer/part-time Senator.

McCain’s playing chess and Obama playing tic-tac-toe.

SuperCool on September 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Jaibones on September 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM

I agreed with your POV too. How could Obama attack her inexperience without spotlighting his own. And then the bottom line would be (1) she had more executive experience and (2) she was running for #2 while he was running for #1. So attacking her would be undermining his own candidacy.

Team McCain seems masterful at drawing them out. McCainiacs are setting traps daily, and getting great bags. One of today’s best traps was laid when Palin said she thinks Obama now regrets not picking Palin. I can hardly wait to the Team Obama’s hysteria over that.

But, even as we pursue the emotional warfare to keep them off balance and on defense, we need to redouble the rational debate. Let’s hear more now for drill-here-drill-now-pay-less, lower taxes, homeland security and such.

Early on, I thought Palin would be a winner, but I had no idea she’d be this BIG! How sweet it is.

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Read the record of Obama…Not much at all!!

beachkatie on September 12, 2008 at 8:03 PM

How truly astounding.

With a president with this approval rating. With portions of the economy going in the tank.

Once again, the Democratic Party proves no matter how good an opportunity is, they have the ingenuity, stubbornness and endurance to totally screw it up.

olddeadmeat on September 12, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Read the record of Obama…Not much at all!!

beachkatie on September 12, 2008 at 8:03 PM

I disagree. Obama’s record contains plenty of corruption.

Chicago Politics as usual- Change You CAN’T Believe In!

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM

I don’t know if Team McCain is playing chess or just taking advantage of both the repeated self-inflicted wounds AND an organization remarkably easy to knock off balance.

Would anyone want the bozos at Team Obama to run the USA after this debacle?

iconoclast on September 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Would anyone want the bozos at Team Obama to run the USA after this debacle?

iconoclast on September 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Wait till the debacle known as ChicagObama’s “community organizer” career, comes out in the form of GOP champaign ads.

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 8:24 PM

One of today’s best traps was laid when Palin said she thinks Obama now regrets not picking Palin Hillary. I can hardly wait to the Team Obama’s hysteria over that.

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Repaired.

electric-rascal on September 12, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Glug.. Glug.. Glug goes down the Good Ship Obama.

Maxx on September 12, 2008 at 8:32 PM

How did the Breck Girl’s experience in 2004 compare to VP Cheney’s? He certainly isn’t and wasn’t as qualified as Sarahcuda.

trainwife1962 on September 12, 2008 at 8:37 PM

electric-rascal on September 12, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Heh. Thanks!

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 9:04 PM

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 8:24 PM

I agree, FiveWays. I suspect here’s where the real dirt lies, hence Obama’s defensiveness about those days in Chicago. The history of what he actually did as a ‘community organzizer’, which Rush today said he was preparing to chronicle, will be le coup de grace.

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM

which Rush today said he was preparing to chronicle, will be le coup de grace.

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Oh trust me….it’s been chronicled….during the Democrat Primaries Hillary’s people at The Chicago Sun Times and even a few at the Tribune began to run articles of Barry’s embarrassing “community oraganizing” days….

…it’s coming….(rubs hands in excitement!)………

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Can the Eagleton the Presidential Nominee?

BKennedy on September 12, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Can the Eagleton the Presidential Nominee? – BKennedy on September 12, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Zombie Eagleton.

ManlyRash on September 12, 2008 at 9:37 PM

I er, they wha.. um so, how but did you? waaaaah waaaaah /s
tee hee

sonnyspats1 on September 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Wasn’t this the point of a walkback I read at the Corner on the Palin selection?

He/She thought Palin would neutralize (to some extent) the “experience” argument; and never expected Obama to take it up and beat himself half to death with it.

Ha, found it:

The experts misunderestimated Obama’s ego, arrogance, and foolishness (or that’s how I read it). Obama saw these attacks work (at least to his feeling) on him; so he thought they’d be good attacks to use on Palin.

Something about glass houses, beams in eyes, or such would probably apply here.

gekkobear on September 12, 2008 at 9:41 PM

EGADS! Obama up by only 3 in New Jersey (likely voters)?!?!!? WTH?

SouthernGent on September 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Jaibones on September 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Great one, Jaibones. I still cannot believe the number of attacks on Palin’s experience since the convention.

You would think that someone on Obama’s staff would have had the sense to say, “Guys, do we really want to bring up the issue of experience right now?”

glendower on September 12, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I can’t wait to watch Barry crash and burn. He should slink back to Chicago with all the other political trash and never show his face again.

UnEasyRider on September 12, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Perhaps having the world’s smartest woman on the ticket would have been a plus about this time, but nooooo the man with the best “judgement” had to go it solo.

Hog Wild on September 12, 2008 at 9:52 PM

[SouthernGent on September 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM]

That’s definitely good news.

Just as good was Washington, yesterday where Rasmussen put Obama as up just +2%. But here’s the thing, this evening Rasmussen put out the WA Governor’s race and Rossi is up for the first time at +6% over the Dem’s Gregoire. I see a push-pull here that could put WA in the red in Nov.

I really, really want to see Oregon, now.

Dusty on September 12, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Well I must say McCain isnt the blundering, no-clothes-fit him, politician I used to see him as. At least lately he isn’t. Selecting Palin was a great move to battle Obama if thats all this country can produce in the line of candidates on any side President or otherwise. Its a minority battle right now. Remember folks the world isnt playing games. Russia is getting ugly again and we need people who can make some good long term decisions as well as maintain this new country we are living in where our rights are being challenged.

johnnyU on September 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Some of you have mentioned chess and checkers. I’d say it’s chess with McCain (King) laying back while Palin (Queen) hounds Obama (opposing king) and Biden (opposing knight) wanders around the board ineffectivley.

Palin’s closing in on Obama. He should be very afraid. He’s getting disemboweled by Palin…and I’m loving every minute of that empty, arrogant SOB who’s the most recent heir of the un-American hard-left agenda.

I’ll be watching for checkmate.

BuckeyeSam on September 12, 2008 at 9:59 PM

EGADS! Obama up by only 3 in New Jersey (likely voters)?!?!!? WTH?

SouthernGent on September 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM

It’s called implosion, in the great Donk tradition of Carter ’80, Mondale ’84, and Dukakis ’88.

Don’t know if Mav can swing Jersey all the way (if he does, the election could be over by 10 PM EST at the latest…)
but I’m keeping my eyes locked on Penn. and Michigan, because if he flips them, and retains Ohio, it’s over. I think Palin can deliver Penn. and Michigan and nail down Ohio. He flips Jersey on top of that…well, I wouldn’t want to be on the set at BSNBC after that one’s called, mainly because I’ve heard Andrea Mitchell can be a mean drunk.

SuperCool on September 12, 2008 at 10:03 PM

I really, really want to see Oregon, now.

Dusty on September 12, 2008 at 9:53 PM

You want to see OREGON? Meh…this very latest Oregon poll is not such great news. :(

SouthernGent on September 12, 2008 at 10:04 PM

[SouthernGent on September 12, 2008 at 10:04 PM]

Thanks for the link, SG. Still, I’ll wait for something from an org I know. In 2000 and 2004, OR consistently ran about 5% lower than WA in voting Dem — OR in the 0-5% range while WA was in the 5-10% range. The story says OR hasn’t changed one iota since July-August, yet look at how many others have tightened and considerably so, including it’s neighbor, WA. To tell the truth, I don’t believe OR is the only state bucking the trend.

Dusty on September 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Libdorks launch their boomerang and it wheels back around and smacks ‘em in the face.
YeeHaw!

whitetop on September 12, 2008 at 10:33 PM

” Whites lift McCain to slim lead over Obama in poll”

Good lord that headline is disgusting. It plays right in with the Associated Press and the liberal’s ‘if you don’t vote for Obama you are racist’ narrative that they are tying to push. If McCain does win, expect the left to constantly give us four years of reporting along the lines of ‘racist America denies black man the oval office – we have a long way to go’ instead of ‘the people have spoken, and they have chosen the right team for the job.’

wise_man on September 12, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Wow… I’m starting to feel guilty about my emotions over all of this.

I’m not.

Jim Treacher on September 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Y-not on September 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Bush has ‘leadership skills’ and ‘political acumen’. Herbert Hoover and Taft did as well. Are you seriously stating that those are the characteristics that Americans should look for when electing the nation’s top leaders? You think that elections are a popularity contest, devoid of concern over who has the intelligence, experience, and wisdom to lead this country, its economy, and foreign policy in today’s world? You don’t seem to realize the complexity of the challenges the US faces in world affairs, in global competition, and in energy and entitlement policies. You can’t elect someone just because you like their values.

If you have kids, in 15 years you’ll understand how the rise of China, India, Brazil and other nations is changing the world and the allocation of its resources.

Jindal, Rudy, and Fred are all heavyweights, in every key aspect. If you need to see a woman in the list, I will grudgingly add Hillary. But no matter how charmed you were by the ‘hockey moms and bull dogs’ speech, Palin is nowhere in the same league. She’s a lightweight that’s been hidden by the McCain camp for weeks from the press. Even after weeks of coaching, she still doesn’t seem to have a general grasp of US foreign policy. (Jindal, by the way, would have answered those questions easily and without coaching.) The kind of image people are trying to build around Palin is ridiculous.

bayam on September 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM

[bayam on September 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM]

Your opinion and that’s all it is. Oh except for the non-fact that McCain kept her hidden for weeks. Weeks. Weeks. Weeks.

It was a mere thirteen days from announcement to the first Gibson interview and she was hardly being “hidden”.

Dusty on September 12, 2008 at 11:19 PM

But, but…Osama Obam doesn’t look like Sarah Palin! And he has a funny name! And he’s a community organizer!

Looks to me as if the Lightworker didn’t pay his electric bill.

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving arrogant, inexperienced punk who thought he could steamroll the country with a line of highfalutin’ b.s. and some styrofoam columns.

MrScribbler on September 12, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Gosh, it looks like I might be some kind of political genius…when Barry started harping on Sarah’s lack of experience I asked:
What could possibly go wrong?

These guys just keep digging the hole deeper. This thing they’ve got going now claiming that Obama is like Jesus and Sarah is like Pontius Pilot is so offensive and arrogant that it’s actually a laugh riot.

Even Barry knows she will be responsible for his political death.

Dorvillian on September 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM

This thing they’ve got going now claiming that Obama is like Jesus and Sarah is like Pontius Pilot is so offensive and arrogant that it’s actually a laugh riot. Even Barry knows she will be responsible for his political death. Dorvillian on September 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Pontius Pilot voted “present” the day Jesus was crucified.

Mojave Mark on September 12, 2008 at 11:54 PM

EGADS! Obama up by only 3 in New Jersey (likely voters)?!?!!? WTH? – SouthernGent on September 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Already on it, SouthernGent. My object is to deliver NJ to Sarah and that old guy on Nov 4.

ManlyRash on September 12, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Just got back from visiting DKos. I hate to give them the traffic but it’s so much fun to scroll through the comments. They’re all “we’ve got to get moving and work hard and tell it like it is and hit it hard and if Obama/Biden loses I swear I’ll kill myself!” Of course they all have these little ponderings and quotes from famous “thinkers. I stopped at the YouTube video entitled “The Prettiest Hitler.” You can imagine…

PS: I read that Daddy DKos was on KO tonight calling Team McCain liars. OOOOOOOOOOO, I’m scared. All the comments were he’s “awesomley awesome.” KO is so brave to face down the opposition like he does. What one semi-conservative in two years?

Has anyone ever registered on DailyKos and played the troll game? Just curious.

Mr_Magoo on September 13, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Quite the contrary of the 3 other people manuevering she has by far the best balanced energy policy experience amongst them….but “do go on”.

You’ll understand that whether we have kids or not. Luckily I think China/India/and Russia are heading for a slam dance on the horizon.

bayam on September 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM

You’re right Buy’em she needed more “um” in her answers on foreign policy.

Sarah Palin is no less a heavyweight than Beijing Bill was at the same stage of his career. People make too much out of the office of the Presidency anyway. You have access to all the advisors you could ever want and have very little direct power on domestic issues or legacy foreign issues at any rate. A person can have their incorrect foreign policy data altered. Most people cannot ahve faulty morals and judgement fixed.

Barry can’t even give an answer on why he launched his career with ayers beyond “what can I say”.

Well I dunno Barry but I know what I can say “thanks for playing”.

Sarah Palin drinks Barry’s milkshake let alone our #1 vs your #1.

sven10077 on September 13, 2008 at 12:28 AM

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Washington finds Barack Obama still ahead, but barely. It’s Obama 49%, McCain 47%. A month ago, Obama was up by twelve percentage points. Recent polls have shown McCain gains in Montana, New Mexico and North Dakota.

How’s that 50 57 state strategy working out for you now

Mojack420 on September 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Same crap that came out of Bush supporters before his election. The results are clear enough.

bayam on September 13, 2008 at 1:03 AM

13 days = 2 weeks and that’s plural. And after 2 weeks, Plain grants a total of 1 interview. Yes, she’s really putting herself out there, you’re completely right. A heavyweight all the way. Let me ask you something- do you tink that a male VP candidate would be given the same leniency without people asking what the hell was going on?

If Rudy, Fred, or Jindal had been elected VP… yes, I can imagine Fred requring weeks of coaching. Hold on, Jindal doesn’t fit the Palin mold, so that wasn’t going to happen.

bayam on September 13, 2008 at 1:10 AM

bayam on September 13, 2008 at 1:03 AM

Yup, 7 years of no attacks on US soil succeeding, US economy stable, etc etc etc

you are indeed correct.

sven10077 on September 13, 2008 at 1:23 AM

One dissenting post is enough to get you banned at Kos, that home for peace loving, open minded progressives.

zmrzlina on September 12, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Sorry to have to dissent on dissent among the dysentery, but I dissent.

I have a Fever Swamp registration, and I am my good old, vitriolic, ridiculing self on the rare occasion that I go there. I laugh at them, and tell them what a fevered bunch of vermin they are.

Every time Allah links to that shithole and I go there – like a fool – I expect to find I have been banished to the world of light. Not a chance. I could go there right now with my telltale rightwing user name, and post up a storm.

Sorry to pop your balloon. Markos may be a nitwit, but he’s not anxious to squelch dissent.

Jaibones on September 13, 2008 at 1:48 AM

Jaibones on September 13, 2008 at 1:48 AM

depends on how you dissent, I got banned in about fifteen minutes for denuding their “grapes of wrath” fest back in the wake of Rita and Katrina by pointing out the policies that were actually being decried in the novel and what party and ideology he was mocking.

*plonk* *nuke*

sven10077 on September 13, 2008 at 1:52 AM

glendower on September 12, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Smarter people than me noted the exact same thing, even though they didn’t seem to like the pick. It was like it just dawned on them – “wait, if he attacks her on the experience issue…oh, hell yes!”

I’m still loving it. And every single day, I talk to some apolitical woman, non-ideological, never talks politics, and they say “boy, I sure didn’t like the way Charlie was attacking her last night”.

It’s too perfect.

Jaibones on September 13, 2008 at 1:53 AM

petefrt on September 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM

It’s great fun right now. And the left is getting really nasty as they see this thing implode again. But you’re absolutely right. It’s time to point to the larger Democrat disasters and McCain’s major strengths: WOT, Iraq, his military record, his (ahem) new energy policy, his (dolly) VP, etc.

Jaibones on September 13, 2008 at 1:58 AM

I am so totally the only one on HotAir tonight. I need to go to bed…

Jaibones on September 13, 2008 at 1:58 AM

13 days = 2 weeks and that’s plural.

[bayam on September 13, 2008 at 1:10 AM]

Bah. Either you use a different calendar, can’t count or don’t know what an equal sign means. And in two weeks she held two interviews, though I’m being conservative for many might rightly claim it was four.

You make too much of this short period of time, bayam. Palin had much preparation work to do in the first week and that work was to address party members first.

And coaching? No. Preparation! I’d much rather have someone who prepares for the work ahead, than another who rushes into things unconditionally and unprepared. The former has the mark of professionalism and wisdom.

Do you think Charles Gibson walked in unprepared for the interview and just asked questions off the top of his head? Would you say he was coached because of all the assistance he had prior to the interview? If you ask me, he spent too much time on the questions and not enough time on presentation and demeanor. He should have taken advantage of some ‘coaching’ there.

By the way, in school, did you just wing it on the day of the test, or did you crack the books in the days beforehand?

Dusty on September 13, 2008 at 2:38 AM

How’s that 50 57 state strategy working out for you now

Mojack420 on September 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM

I am growing impatient. I sent a TIP to Hot Air and MM several days ago requesting/suggesting a cool Photoshop of a 57 state red/blue America.

And a contest to name the additional 7 states. Rezkobama? North and South Jeremiahland?

Still waiting. Anyone???

I’d buy a few dozen T-shirts.

fred5678 on September 13, 2008 at 3:34 AM

FiveWays on September 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM

EXCELLENT link! This article and the Krauthammer expose of Gibson should be force-fed to the Obama-maniacs.

I want to see TV ads based on these two stories!!

As I was writing this, Conan had a satire of the Gibson interview with Gov. Palin speechless during the entire “interview”. Clever comedy. For 3rd grade.

fred5678 on September 13, 2008 at 3:46 AM

i CAN’T WAIT FOR CRASH AND BURN!!Sorry, i am only human!!!

beachkatie on September 13, 2008 at 4:22 AM

Goodnight all!! Sweetdreams!

beachkatie on September 13, 2008 at 4:23 AM

Poor little Barry! I’m starting to feel just a tad sorry for him…(smacks head on desk)…BWAAAAAAAAAAA! He deserves everything he is getting and more, more, more!!!!

sabbott on September 13, 2008 at 5:39 AM

I can’t wait for the VP debates…

Moderator: Senator Biden, why are you so great?

Moderator: Governor Palin: why are you so inexperienced?

sabbott on September 13, 2008 at 5:53 AM

13 days = 2 weeks

Fuzzy math?

Kevin71 on September 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Has anyone ever registered on DailyKos and played the troll game? Just curious. – Mr_Magoo on September 13, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Nope. I have my hands full dealing with the troll infestation on this site.

ManlyRash on September 13, 2008 at 9:24 AM

I don’t hold any negativity towards Gov Palin for restricting interviews in the first two weeks, the first week or so was the convention, the second week was campaigning and arranging for interviews, among the non koolaid tinfoil hat wearers. Naturally that’s a list that the McCain team needed to go through carefully. I also love the fact that Palin caused another media celeb, Gibson, to pull an Al Gore, and to lose his credibility with fellow media types and the public. Everywhere she goes, Gov Palin vanquishes those who rise against her. Definitely someone you need on your team.

eaglewingz08 on September 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM

AP poll: Obama losing on experience to … Sarah Palin

So sound government management beats Saul Alinski community organizing!

byteshredder on September 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Keep 0bama running against Sarah Palin.
Of course he wants to, since his experience and knowledgs are so inferior to that of John McCain.

Amazed on September 13, 2008 at 12:16 PM

coldwarrior on September 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Well, if that’s true then there are a number of really great, experienced choices…. Pat Paulson and Alfred E. Newman come to mind….

CC

CapedConservative on September 14, 2008 at 12:39 AM

AP poll: Obama losing on experience to … Sarah Palin

WOW, a governor of a state has more experience than a union/community organizer. I’M SHOCKED WHO”D THOUGHT? /SARCASM

byteshredder on September 14, 2008 at 2:34 PM