Matt Damon suckered by nutroots smear of Palin? Update: Dowd suckered too?

posted at 6:50 pm on September 11, 2008 by Allahpundit

Impossible to say for sure but Ace makes a compelling case. Skip ahead to the last quarter of the video and you’ll find him exercised by the possibility that she thinks dinosaurs roamed the land 4,000 years ago:

Could a Harvard grad be so stupid as to have read this and taken it at face value?

On oil exploration and drilling in the ANWR:
God made dinosaurs 4,000 years ago as ultimately flawed creatures, lizards of Satan really, so when they died and became petroleum products we, made in his perfect image, could use them in our pickup trucks, snow machines and fishing boats.

That comes from this very broad lefty parody purporting to be quotations culled from the Anchorage Daily News. Follow the link to see just how broad. Sample quote: “There is nothing natural about a dorky moose!” There are, apparently, more than a few people who bought into it or else this page at WikiAnswers wouldn’t exist. Whether Damon is one of them or just the victim of the endless game of Telephone the left is playing with her, wherein “progressive” jokes about Alaska’s trailer trash governor metastasize into rumors of changeling babies that end up on dKos and CNN, is known only to him. Exit question: Given her devotion and the fact that many Americans buy into this general timeline, is it wise to get too outrageously outraged here?

While you meditate on that, enjoy this special bonus clip from another deep-thinkin’ celebrity.

Update: Seixon e-mails to point out another appearance of the 4,000-years smear — in Maureen Dowd’s last column.

CLINTON: I’ve got a little news flash for you, Annie Oakley. Dinosaurs disappeared a lot longer than 4,000 years ago. I admit you’ve had a profound influence on America, and I’m not just talking about all the women wearing up-dos and rimless titanium $375 Kazuo Kawasaki designer frames.

Anyone want to do a little Google sleuthing and see if they can track down which highly respected left-wing media source is pushing this? My money’s on dKos.

Comments

Hey, Maxx. Sorry for the delay. Weekend and all. I’ve got some comments. I’ll post them below.

apacalyps on September 14, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Hey, Maxx. Yeah, Walt Brown’s site is great! I’ve got him in my favourites. I agree with his Hydroplate Theory about the global flood. Yeah, it does appear we read much of the same material. We’re on the same page. Praise God. I knew there were others out there like me (smiles). Reading what you said, it’s an interesting idea the earth naturally producing it’s oil. I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m doing research on the subject. Nothing wrong with questioning things. Uh, on the Canopy Theory, how the water could have stayed up there, well, of course I can’t prove any of this, it’s only a theory, but if the Bible says there used to be water above the firmament (ie, a layer of water above the atmosphere; Genesis 1:7, Psalm 148:4) out of all the theories I’ve read on it, I lean towards the layer being water or ice, maybe even ice because ice at low temperatures becomes magnetic. See, the idea is a thin layer of super cold ice (say 6 inches just to pick a number) could be held up there because ice at low temperatures becomes magnetic and you can actually suspend it in the magnetic field of the earth. It is called the Mysner Effect. (make that emphasis). A canopy like that would make the whole earth like a big greenhouse. Increasing air pressure and filtering out all the bad stuff from the sunlight — water blocks alot of the damaging effects of the sun (ie, X-rays, Gamma rays, Beta rays, the stuff that causes wrinkles and skin cancer, etc). Anyways, the Canopy Theory would explain why they had 30%-50% more oxygen than we have today, and why people lived to be over 900 years old; why plants and animals grew to such gigantic sizes. Anyways, it’s only a theory that’s all. I cannot go show it to you. It all fell down at the time of the Flood so today we do not have it. One of the reasons I think everything is so much smaller nowadays and people don’t live as long. Uh, I don’t have a link that explains it as well as one of my heroes in the faith, Kent Hovind. Incidently, I know the difficulties Kent’s had recently, but I think he’s innocent. One thing that I have learned in all my time sharing the gospel, if someone is doing a great work for God, someone else will accuse him of doing wrong. P.S. Lastly, Kent agrees with Walt Brown’s Hydroplate Theory too. And I think they’re friends. Anyways, here’s a better explanation of the Canopy Theory. Jump up to 27:48, it goes to about the 42 minute mark. Sorry for the long message. Cheers.

apacalyps on September 14, 2008 at 12:01 PM

It is called the Mysner Effect. (make that emphasis).

apacalyps on September 14, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Sorry. That emphasis remark was a reminder to myself to do this Mysner Effect. I need to improve my proof-reading… lol…

apacalyps on September 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM

apacalyps on September 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Thanks for the link. I want to understand this theory. Frankly I just don’t know enough about it yet. I agree the Scripture seem to say it was there, so it must have been. But how is a fair question and I can’t explain to others what I myself do not understand.

Yes, Brown’s Hydroplate theory explains Noah’s flood in a very plausible and scientific way, its a great site, I’ve learned a lot from it.

Maxx on September 14, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Maxx on September 14, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I agree Maxx. I always encourage people question what you’re being taught, question what I say, question the Bible. “Come now, and let us reason together, ” the Lord says (Isaiah 1:18). Nothing wrong with questioning the Bible. It’ll stand up to scrutiny. On the Canopy Theory, I make sure to say it’s only a theory. I can’t prove it. What we can prove though, what the evidence shows, is that life was much different before the flood! The question is why? That’s the question. I think Hovind explains this Canopy Theory best. He talks about it in many of his videos, not just the link I gave you.

Yup! Walt Brown’s very insightful. Great website for learning! I research there often. God bless, my friend.

apacalyps on September 14, 2008 at 1:29 PM