Important: Matt Damon horrified by Palin

posted at 3:05 pm on September 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

We cannot afford the possibility of an Alaska hockey mom with no experience having to face down Vladimir Putin, which is why we must elect an Illinois suburban dad with no experience who’ll definitely and immediately have to face him down. Who’s already embarrassed himself with the weakness of his response to Putin’s incursion into Georgia.

The odds he gives for McCain surviving his first term are also off, of course. Exit question: He sneers that Palin was picked for “political purposes” and nothing more. Remind me again, which important policy proposals landed trial lawyer turned first-term senator John Edwards on the national ticket four years ago? And whom did Matt Damon endorse at the time?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

All we can hope for is that when all of these Hollywood elitists like Matt Damon and the Baldwins start threatening to move to Canada if McCain wins in Nov., they actually follow through on their threat this time.

Dagnar on September 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM

My father used to have a ready retort when someone he was talking with would quote some third party individual’s opinion about something. His question would always be: “Where does he tend bar?”

Such is my reaction to the never-ending opinions being offered out of Hollywood to us common folk. Now we can add “action hero” actor Matt Damon to that ever-expanding list of Hollywood know-nothings who are decrying the choice of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s VP running mate. It seems this latter-day Lionel Barrymore, who has made his career starring in nonsensical movies about some guy named Jason Bourne (or was it Jeremy) and the evil CIA, has “misgivings” about the choice of Palin and her potential to be president in the future.

Sprinkled with a liberal dose of “you knows” and “reallys”, Damon has explained to an AP reporter why Palin’s candidacy is a “joke”.

“I think there is a really good chance that Sarah Palin could be president. And I think that’s a really scary thing because I don’t know anything about her. I don’t think in 8 weeks I’m going to know anything about her…..”

Comment: That’s because you are a know-nothing, Damon.

“…I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town. And she’s Governor of Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand…I think the pick was made for political purposes, but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster.”

Comment: Well, Mr Political Science Professor, certainly political considerations went into the pick. Welcome to the real world, genius. Of course, Professor Damon doesn’t weigh in on Barack Obama’s experience as a “community organizer”, invisible term as state senator and less than one term as a do-nothing US Senator-Oh, sorry. He has done one thing as US Senator-run for president.

But there is more:

“You do the actuary tables, and there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that McCain doesn’t survive his first term and it will be President Palin. And it really….we were talking about it earlier…and it’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom. “I’m just a hockey mom from Alaska.” And she’s the president. And it’s like she’s facing down Vladimir Putin and using folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink. It’s absurd. It’s totally absurd. And I don’t understand why more people aren’t talking about how absurd it is. It’s a really terrifying possibility. The fact that we’ve gotten this far and we’re that close to this being a reality is crazy, crazy.

Comment: “We were talking about it earlier..” Who? You and George Clooney?

Bad Disney movie? How about a bad Damon movie?

And why not this: “I’m just a community organizer”?

“I need to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago, that’s an important… I want to know that. I really do…..because she’s going to have the nuclear codes.”

Cmment: No, Matt, she doesn’t. Now you really know.

Enough. I can’t take any more.

It’s sad that so many reporters and so many people really care about what these Hollywood flakes think about the world. We already know that 99% of them want the Democrats to win. They are entitled to spout off all they want, and we are entitled ro respond. The fact of the matter is opinions of celebrities are worth nothing more than the opinion of the local bartender.

Or, as another great philosopher once said, “Opinions are like noses; everybody has one.” (Only he didn’t say noses.)

gary fouse
fousesquawk

gary fouse on September 11, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Damon thinks Palin is like a really bad Disney Movie.

Which Disney movies? The ones made by the late Walt or the ones made by the politically correct non-Walt Disney?

Since the two Disneys have nothing in common, I will guess he likes the modern non-Walt pro-gay, pro-global multicultural non-Christian Disnycrat movies. Gay priates and drag Queen Witches and Sea Hags

Palin might be like the bad old original Walt Disney. Brave Tinkerbell, hard working Cinderella, or sweet little Bambi and Thumper. I can hear Jiminey Cricket now, “When you wish upon a star, Makes no difference who you are…..”

entagor on September 11, 2008 at 2:36 AM

Didn’t Team America take care of him? Americaaaa… F’ Yea!!!

Irenaeus on September 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM

“I once played a savant Southie math whiz” stands up with “I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night” as on the credibility totem pole.

thirtypundit on September 11, 2008 at 4:29 AM

Actors: pretending to be something they are not, to get the public to part with their dollars, to increase their personal wealth and status so they don’t actually have to work for a living. Was that actors or Democrats?

SKYFOX on September 11, 2008 at 5:08 AM

Two words for you and your boyfriend Ben Affleck: Team America…………

adamsmith on September 11, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Did he even graduate from high school?

trader67 on September 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Jeez, I gotta scratch off ANOTHER hollyweird idiot who thinks his opinion is better than mine simply because he has a camera in his face?

So much for watching any more movies where this guy is involved. No more money for you, from me Bro!

tx2654 on September 11, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Sarah has that effect on people… Sarah Palin is so tough she scares Agent Bourne!

petunia on September 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Petunia!

And what is he afraid of? The unknown.

shick on September 11, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Matt, I just showed this to all my co-workers in the back of the store here. It is unanimous. You are a F-stick.

kahall on September 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM

MATT DAMON, I feel so sorry for you, you POOR BASTARD… Come the 2nd Tuesday, after the 1st Monday in November, I don’t see DISNEY, I see GROUNDHOG DAY… “De ja vu all over again, so sayeth YOGI!!!

pueblo1032 on September 11, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Wake up, Matt. We know less about Barack Hussein Obama than we know about Sarah Palin, her family, and her experience as a leader rather than a lawmaker who only knew how to vote “present.”

{^_^}

herself on September 11, 2008 at 3:13 PM

No more money for you, from me Bro!

tx2654 on September 11, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Dittos, tx, dittos. What a loser. It was bad enough to see him fawning all over “Three Purple Hearts” and “Silky Pony” but to see him trash Palin? There goes that all important movie dollar to American Carol!!

Califemme on September 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM