Video: “I Am Sarah Palin”

posted at 4:00 pm on September 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Courtesy of John Hawkins, a little moral support for our heroine from the boss and others as the smears pile up faster than FactCheck can debunk them. Desperate times call for desperate measures, so behold: Team McCain’s got a brand new Palin Truth Squad.

I have a hunch she’s bearing up okay under the circumstances. Below the clip, a quickie vid of Meghan McCain showing some support of her own for another of the Palin women.

Comments

HOOOAH!

mindhacker on September 9, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Wow, Mccain would let his 14 year old daughter make the decision of whether or not to slaughter his own grandchild. How about since he’s ‘dad’ and she lives under his roof, that he makes the decision for her and tells her not a chance. Is this the kind of leadership that we have to choose from in our election. Just to think, this guy is supposed to be the one on our side.

NeverLiberal on September 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM

It was the dreaded hypothetical and it was eight years ago. McCain stepped in it and therefore probably ended up having to buy Ms. Bloggette a very nice gift.

I thought that Meghan was really sweet as the Mama Bear. She should go over and smack some Daily Kos a** over Bristol.

Illinidiva on September 9, 2008 at 7:53 PM

I just love you guys !!!!!!!I surprise at Johns decision…

beachkatie on September 9, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Atlas rocks.

kcfrommt on September 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Hey, where’s MKH?

madmonkphotog on September 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Good start…………

ackrite55 on September 9, 2008 at 8:33 PM

What’s conservative about raising a child who has sex before marriage? Sure it’s a family matter, but just because it shouldn’t be talked about doesn’t make it non-existant.

For that matter, I understand they choose to keep the baby, and they chose to support their daughter instead of leave her behind – both are commendable acts. What’s not OK, is never once explaining to the American people that, “yes at first I was angry, at first I yelled at her (or something to that effect), but afterwards I told her that we would be here for her.” But then again it’s just a family matter so why should they have to answer to that…

You can be a “Conservative Women” but can you explain what that means?

PresidenToor on September 9, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Strong American women delivering body blows to the hapless, spineless, cowardly liberals. Well done ladies. Thank you.

Zorro on September 9, 2008 at 9:47 PM

I’d like to see Palin say “I am Michelle Malkin.”

Tony737 on September 9, 2008 at 10:09 PM

PresidenToor on September 9, 2008 at 9:46 PM

I’ll bite. Being a conservative does not mean that your kids will live in a bubble. It is in no way hypocritical to have conservative views and have a child who gets themselves into this kind of situation. Being raised by conservatives does not make you a saint. You still face the same temptations as anyone else.

The difference is that conservatives believe in taking responsibility for your actions. You ask what’s conservative about raising a child who has sex before marriage. Well, there’s nothing unconservative about it. In fact, if the child gets pregnant and you’ve instilled her with a sense of responsibility, she will make the same choice that Ms. Palin’s daughter did–that the child inside her has a life and is valuable, and to take responsibility for that life. It doesn’t matter if that life came about in a less than ideal situation, it is still a blessing.

One point in conservatism is personal responsibility. Caring for a baby that nobody expects is very much in line with that. Why should Palin have to say that she was upset when she found out her daughter had sex before marriage? That goes without saying, but the important thing is that she instilled the conservative ideal of responsibility for one’s actions into her daughter, and supported her in that area.

p40tiger on September 9, 2008 at 10:42 PM

…and I’m Spartacus!

Eukardios on September 9, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I know a young Hillary supporter who can’t stand Biden and is now curious about Sarah.

When she asked for my opinion, the first thing that popped out of my mouth was, “She’s just like us!”

It was my own spontaneous, “I am Sarah Palin” moment.

Domino on September 9, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Where is Charles Johnson in that vid?

Calm Before the Storm on September 9, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Love the pic your Michelle…:) Gorgeous as usual..:)

I would love to see you have a interview with Sarah too.

dec5 on September 10, 2008 at 3:03 AM

Love your picture Michelle…:) Gorgeous as usual..:)

I would love to see you have a interview with Sarah too.

dec5 on September 10, 2008 at 3:06 AM

NeverLiberal on September 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Rather then basing a whole ideology on one sentence, try to think how long this would play out. How intricate family matters are, how complex.
No one knows how one would really react when faced with a hypothetical situation. McCain was probably (not being in the lengthy conversation), I will stand by you, support you, love you, no matter the decision…and what was her decision, it would be not to have an abortion. You would have told your daughter not to have one, McCain has taught his daughter not to have one…I think he is the role model, raise you kids right, and they will make the right decisions.

right2bright on September 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM