Video: “Build the Fence” sign suppressed at Republican convention?

posted at 3:10 pm on September 8, 2008 by Allahpundit

No proof that McCain’s people knew, but given his penchant for pretending his deflation in the polls last summer stemmed from his support for the surge and not from a certain other minor issue he was involved in at the time, it’s no big stretch to assume. I’ve been thinking about this story in The Hill for the past five days and wondering (a) how likely is it that Palin’s views on immigration will differ significantly from McCain’s after a few weeks of debriefing by Team Maverick, and (b) if she does toe the line on amnesty and sanctuary cities, what effect will that have on her standing with the base? In fact, if the Anchorage Daily News is right that her chief political talent isn’t crafting policy but rallying voters behind certain issues, it’s not hard to imagine McCain tapping her to lead the charge on the next comprehensive piece of shinola to come down the chute on the assumption that conservatives will be too deeply in love to say no this time. Exit question: Can this marriage be saved?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This is one of my bread&butter issues…it may not be a deal breaker but errrrrrr….

a capella on September 8, 2008 at 4:42 PM

feet to the fire…

jerrytbg on September 8, 2008 at 4:57 PM

I think on this particular issue, McCain isn’t going to give in. He’s hung up on the “all God’s children” bit for some reason

a capella on September 8, 2008 at 4:42 PM

All the inmates in San Quinton are God’s children too.

I think “xenophobic” is over used to describe people that recognize the catastropy amnesty will be. The 1986 amnesty created a new 20 million illegal immigrant proplem in 2008.

Training people through demonstration that lying, cheating, and stealing is how to achieve your goals is bad policy. Then, millions more will follow because like 1986, they will know for a fact that cheating pays off in the USA.

If these cheaters get amnesty, they will vote based on their corrupted values our government helped instill in them. Then, the USA will be just another third world $hit hole latin country.

We must preserve the values of fair play and the rule of law. If you want to live in the jungle, move to Africa.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM

ryandan on September 8, 2008 at 4:25 PM

LOL…. sorry, but I have to laugh at this attitude.

McCain is for open borders, and amnesty… that has not changed.

He stated AFTER he said he wanted border security first that one of the FIRST things his admin would do would be “comprehensive immigration reform”.

It amazes me that the same people who applaud him for his hard stands against his own party on Pork and such, say that we will be able to “convince” him to change a LONG HELD stance on immigration.

Not gonna happen… with a Democrat Congress, he will sign just about any immigration reform they put in front of him… don’t try to kid yourself, or us, about that.

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM

xenophobic

Bingo….You are right on….McCain is a serious threat to the soverignty of the United States.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM

No doubt.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Yea, but what happened the last time they tried…
WE, must be diligent and stop them again and again until they get the message…

jerrytbg on September 8, 2008 at 5:03 PM

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Just to clarify, when I said “xenophobic,” I was thinking of Pat Buchanan and his ilk, not people who are stridently for border control (but are not voicing concerns about us becoming “Mexamerica”). In my opinion, he epitomizes that word.

Unfortunately, he is frequently used by the liberal media to represent the “conservative” side. Someone should put a stake in that guy’s blood-pumping organ.

Y-not on September 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM

All I can say is …. for better or for worse, it will be a different Congress and a different President. And hopefully, a different bill, or series of bills to address different issues. Although there will be some form of amnesty.

One would think they might have learned something.

BigD on September 8, 2008 at 5:05 PM

.McCain is a serious threat to the soverignty of the United States.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:00 PM

That’s ridiculous. Based on what? A bill he doesn’t support any more and calling immigrants God’s children? The guy who took one for his country and then went back for more is a threat to our sovereignty? Absurd. What does he have to do for you? Admit he was wrong? Oh wait. He did that.

You won. Have a beer. McCain is going to secure the border, and by the time he’s done, he’ll be done.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Good! In a perfect world we’d take border security seriously, but the agriculture and food service industries aren’t going to let that happen. In the real world, McCain-Kennedy would’ve done a lot to help communities that are struggling with illegal immigration.

The worst immigration policy is to do nothing at all. Sadly, that’s precisely our current immigration policy

RightOFLeft on September 8, 2008 at 5:08 PM

RightOFLeft on September 8, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Your sooooo wrong…

Arizona passed some laws with employer sanctions in them, and the Illegal community is SELF DEPORTING.

I’m all for a Guest worker program… come in, work, then go home… no problem…

But, to work you have to have a Soc Sec Number, so any illegal working here is either using a fake number, a stolen number, or working illegaly…

Condoning this behaviour by giving amnesty in a society that is based upon the Supremacy of the Rule of Law? Sorry, just won’t work.

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:07 PM

McCain has been consistantly for amnesty. I firmly believe amnesty is a very serious threat to our soverignty because it rewards cheating, encourages more illegal activity, and will corrupt the voting pool with voters trained that lying, cheating, and stealing is how to acdhieve your goals in the United States.

1986 amnesty got us 20 million more in 2008. 20 million in 2008 will get us 100 million more in 2020 on top of the 20 million amnesty recipients. Thats more pewople than in a half dozen States. and, these people are here from ill gotten means, and that corruption will manifest itself in their voting decisions.

So yes, I see McCain as a threat to out soverignty to be sure.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:17 PM

McCain has been consistantly for amnesty.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:17 PM

No he hasn’t. You’re thinking of Reagan.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Y-not on September 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM

People like you cause me problems. You love to claim you aren’t racist but that simply isn’t true. This whole issue is about racism, and I can prove it. You claim your only concern is the law, but what if you change the law to completely open borders? Your whole argument collapses, and so it is obviously about race, but that isn’t a bad thing.

What nations are success stories? Are African nations, or maybe nations from Latin America successful? There has only been two groups to put together a successful modern style nation, and those groups are Europeans, and Asians(Japan, South Korea). What if the ugly truth is that race does play a part in this? I realize what I’m saying, and I don’t care. Call me a racist but I fear that this feel good policy is going to turn the U.S. into a third world slum.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:25 PM

As for the fence, people got through the Berlin wall for God’s sake. The wall wont stop $hit. It will take enforcing all the immigration laws agressively to stop illegal immigration. The magnet must be turned off including aschor babies.

And, don’t tell me we can’t deport illegal immigrants. If we can put a man on the moon and win WWII, we can deport illegals.

As for the economy depending on them, it is like a drug addiction that needs to be broken for the best intrest of the Country.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM

No he hasn’t. You’re thinking of Reagan.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM

McCain hasn’t consistently supported amnesty? Maybe you should order you’re Palin style glasses with Rose color lenses. They probably carry them on that website you link to in your user name.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:29 PM

No he hasn’t. You’re thinking of Reagan.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Excuse me, but McCain has been and is for “comprehensive immigration reform”. When peeling off the flowery description, amnesty is at the core. If you don’t think McCain is for amnesty, you are sadly mistaken because he clearly is.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:30 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:25 PM

No, its not about race, its about upbrining and culture.

Just as I believe that Democracy will fail in the Middle East due to Islamic culture and religion being imcompatable with Western Domocracy (which must be secular to work)…

The Central American and Mexican peoples have been raised in a cesspool of corruption. Their countries are pretty lawless, where the powerfull can literaly get away with murder.

Now, allow them to break our laws, and come here and get rewarded with Citizenship… it just reinforces their cultural upbringing. That lawbreaking and corruption WORKS and its the way you get ahead….

Its no coincidence that MS13 is considered the most dangerous gang in America… and it sure is NOT HOMEGROWN.

Its culture, not race…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:29 PM
saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:30 PM

He said he was wrong. He said he no longer supports it. Either you believe him or you don’t, but he has said nothing on the subject of amnesty since that bill. I’m not mistaken; I just don’t make things up.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:34 PM

He never said he was wrong, he dodged the question at every debate, with basically non-answers. “Would you sign the same bill if it came across your desk?” “It wouldn’t.” Not a real answer…

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Its culture, not race…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM

You may be right, since genetic science is in it’s infancy we just don’t know yet, but I think within 20 years we may well know whether its nature or nurture.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Don’t get me wrong, Obama will be worse. But if you believe McCain opposes the bill he co-wrote himself 2 years ago, you’re probably one of the people who got us stuck with this guy in the primary…

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:34 PM

It will be my top priority yesterday, today and tomorrow,” McCain
>declared at a forum this morning before the National Association of
>Latino Elected Officials.

Please LOOK AT THE DATE HE SAID THIS!!!!

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:37 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Sorry, but I know too many people of Latino descent who are Law and Order types of people… so I don’t buy that there is a “genetic” component there.

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:15 PM

I’ve heard the reports about illegal immigrants self-deporting, which are based mostly on word-of-mouth and a rumored increase in requests for forms from the Mexican consulate. Some of the “self-deportation” reflects a downturn in Arizona’s economy more than the employer sanction law. What I’ve seen with my own eyes, in my working class neighborhood in Phoenix, is less impressive.

I don’t actually mind that they’re here. They’re my neighbors, some of them are friends, and they’re mostly good people in an impossible situation. They can live in squalor in Mexico or bring their families here. Many of them have children or immediate family who are American citizens. What would you do? We tell them they’re not welcome, but we’re always hiring. I just want them to do 2 things – be able to speak English, and be able to cooperate with the police/community officials. I think McCain’s bill would have gone a long way to helping on both of those counts, but a few opportunists decided to base their political careers on courageously championing more rigid immigration laws (that they know won’t be passed), and McCain made the perfect villain.

If the employee sanctions law demonstrably reduces illegal immigration, then that’s great, other states will pass similar laws, but so far I haven’t heard of any action being taken on it. Politicians, especially local politicians, don’t have much to gain by going after businesses. I think Sheriff Arpaio’s “immigration sweeps” have convinced some immigrants to leave more than any laws.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I’d just like to see something done to help my community. At least amnesty solves the problem, that you mentioned, of rampant identity theft. The vocal anti-illegal immigration guys like Tancredo are just protecting the status quo. They have the perfect issue to keep getting elected – a problem that they know will never be solved. That’s really why certain politicians were so upset about McCain-Kennedy – it actually would have made illegal immigration more bearable, which would’ve cost them votes. The Democrats do the same thing when they “fight” poverty. Ok, sorry for the long rant…

RightOFLeft on September 8, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Well thats the thing about statistics. There are examples of great men from every race and evil men from every race. It’s about the total population, and honestly if there is scientific evidence that supports racial differences I don’t know that any good could come of it. I don’t know how any kind of policy could correct that and be consistent with our ideals. I just know that I don’t want to conduct this social engineering experiment with this nation.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:44 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:25 PM

I don’t care what you call it, all I want to do is protect the United States and preserve the values and society that is tried and true and has made this country the greatist in the world. 100 million latin peasants flooding the electorate will jepordize that greatness in a profound way that I don’t want to see.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:44 PM

You love to claim you aren’t racist but that simply isn’t true.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:25 PM

“You don’t know me,” Catlett said, his voice quiet now. “You only think you do.”

Get Shorty, Elmore Leonard

“Have a nice day.”

– Author unknown

Y-not on September 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Its culture, not race…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Race discussion can get too ugly. I have read the Nobel Prize winner William Shockly, and he wanted the US government to pay blacks to get sterilized to protect the United States against a dropping intellegence level.

The world has grown past that kind of thinking. Today, it is all about individuals, and having traveled extensively throughout Latin America, I have concluded there are a lot of individuals down there that need to stay there and not come here.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:51 PM

– Get Shorty, Elmore Leonard

“Have a nice day.”

– Author unknown

Y-not on September 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM

I hope you’re quoting the book and not the movie. The movie sucked.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Hey, show me a quote where I don’t have to read between the lines to figure out what you think he said, and I’ll believe you. This is silly. He said he’ll secure the border first. That’s going to take up his first (and last) term. I’m just not seeing a major problem here.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM

RightOFLeft on September 8, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Sorry, but there is a VERY easy fix for all this, that some business men, and some politicians, fight against.

Its time for a National ID. Make it FREE, and tie it to immigration, national Electon voter registration, and your Drivers License (innerstate commerce clause works here).

No ID? No worky… no school… no hospital… cause you should not be here.

We let 1 MILLION people in every year LEGALLY… IMO that is quite sufficient… or if its too low, than raise it, but do it LEGALLY or we have the problem we have now in California, where there is a large breakdown in law and order.

I am for LEGAL immigration… but not for ILLEGAL immigration…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM

LOL…. read between the lines? He was speaking in JUNE to a Latino organization and said the Comprehensive immigration reform was his top priority…

Please, take your fingers out of your ears… you don’t need to read between the lines, just listen to what he said…

Done here…. I could have him tell you this HIMSELF (which I just did) and you wouldn’t believe… I’m just wasting my time…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM

I am for LEGAL immigration… but not for ILLEGAL immigration…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Me too. I want immigrants that obey and respect out laws. I want illegal cheaters to be gone.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I am for LEGAL immigration… but not for ILLEGAL immigration…

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:56 PM

We’re over 300 million now, and we’re well on the way to 500 million. 500 Million is going to be a serious drain on resources like water. I think we’re full now and should start policies to promote a stable population.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Oh, so comprehensive immigration reform is the code word. Why didn’t you say that in the first place? I was looking for the “God’s children” references.

Guess what. Comprehensive immigration reform, according to the recently enlightened John McCain, means securing the borders first. He said so. I believe him.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Oh brother. Here come the human infestation arguments.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM

I don’t.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:00 PM

I believe there are too damn many people here now. Too much traffic, all the good hunting spots around here are now subdivisions or Walmarts. You have to wait in line at the boat launch to go fishing, then get to your spot first before the hoards get there. My quality of life has gone way down because of all the new people.

I remember when the US was 2 millipm people, at thar didn’t strike me as being underpopulated. Now it’s like living in an ant mound.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Yes, so long as the border governors “say” it is secure, then its secured and here comes the amnesty. Gee, I wonder how secure it has to be to win the approval of Bill Richardson or Arnold Schwarzenegger?

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Oh brother. Here come the human infestation arguments.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Look what a shortage of oil has done to the nation. What will a shortage of water do, you may not want to think about it, and most don’t, but that won’t stop it.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:06 PM

I don’t.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Don’t you have a human extermination program to work on?

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Don’t you have a human extermination program to work on?

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Why would you say that? I don’t want to exterminate anybody, but I do want a grown up discussion of how were going to deal with our population, and maintain the American dream.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:09 PM

yeah, immigration is why I haven’t totally drunk the Koolaid even when it was served by our delightful Sarah. I think this issue is the GOP’s Achilles heel and McCain’s nightmare, so we must discreetly, so, so discreetly, let him know that he must not even think of stiffing us on this. We need to give a quick tug on Maverick’s leash. But how?

dhimwit on September 8, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I just can’t vote for McCain so long as he is completely committed to amnesty. If he takes an oath against amnesty, I will vote for him in a heartbeat. I take the preservation of American culture, values and greatness very seriously, and amnesty represents the greatest threat to the US on the radar screen today.

Nuclear bombs will kill some of our people, but amnesty will kill our country.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Oh, you’re one of those people who thinks water is consumed, disappearing from our planet forever. OK, yeah, we’re all doomed.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM

dhimwit on September 8, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Our only influence over him is our vote, and really…what are we going to do? We’re better off fighting congress on the issue than McCain, and hope he doesn’t go for some executive mandate.

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM

The earth is a water planet, but how much of that is suitable for human consumption? It’s either i% or 3% I forget.

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:06 PM

You just lost your argument. McCain is for amnesty and it is a serious threat to the soverignty of the United States.

Facts can be such pesky things.

Case closed.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM

If you’re not voting for McCain/Palin, I think you can just quit pretending that you care about what happens to our country.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM

DFCtomm on September 8, 2008 at 6:11 PM

So stop drinking water.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:15 PM

You’re getting ahead of yourself. That McCain/Boxer bill doesn’t come through till 2011.

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM

ah, so you think fresh water is an unlimited resource? You may want to tell the Corn Famers North of Denver… who had their water cut off last year, so they could have Green Lawns in Southern California?

Lake Powell is still at very low levels… Central California San J Valley is having water problems… and water PRICES are becoming a real problem for farmers…

But don’t let the facts get in the way of your open border rhetoric…

Hmmmmm… you said you live in Arizona? Tell me, just where does YOUR water come from?

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Facts can be such pesky things.

Case closed.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM

The self-declared champion of the world, still undefeated, even after more than a hundred self-officiated bouts — saiga!!!

Congratulations on your victory. There was never any doubt.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM

The Republicans and McShame censoring the discussion of border security??? No, say it ain’t so! Of course they don’t want to talk about his love for “god’s people” to the south because they’re hard working, family-minded and can be PANDERED to!!!! Not to mention that they like to have lots of kids out of wedlock too!

DanKenton on September 8, 2008 at 6:21 PM

ah, so you think fresh water is an unlimited resource?

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 6:17 PM

No. I never said such a thing. Anyway, water is used, not consumed, so the point is irrelevant.

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 6:17 PM

You’re not good with facts, are you?

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:22 PM

DanKenton on September 8, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Oh I get it! Cause “Cain” and “Shame” rhyme…sorta. Wow. A Democrat attacking someone for having a kid out of wedlock, will wonders never cease? I almost hope she goes on welfare just to see what you’ll say next!

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Make no mistake, McCain does not want to address the immigration issue, especially now.

Here’s hoping a McCain administration would do the right thing, and enforce our laws.

Suffice it to say that, for all my enthusiasm for the ticket, I’ve no illusions about McCain’s reluctance to do what the conservative base wants, and what is right for our nation.

The man who champions “Country First” will hopefully understand that.

Hawkins1701 on September 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM

You’re not good with facts, are you?

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:22 PM

I’ll rephrase so someone of your superior intellect will understand my poor phrasing…

Tell me, just where does YOUR fresh water come from?

I’m sorry that we were so obtuse that you could not figure out we were speaking of USEABLE (ie fresh) water.

But please, enlighten me as to the FACTS that I seem to have such problems with?

I have yet to see you site ONE SINGLE FACT yet….

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Huck2012: Who needs facts when you’ve got jokes?

thecountofincognito on September 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Nuclear bombs will kill some of our people, but amnesty will kill our country.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM

We already have amnesty. Illegal immigrants are already here, they’re not going anywhere. We need immigration reform, not only to improve border security but to help communities with illegal immigrants. McCain-Kennedy would have at least addressed half the problem. I hope you reconsider.

Look at it another way – even if you think McCain won’t act on border security, I can promise you Obama won’t, either. This isn’t the only issue facing the country, and McCain is better on every issue besides immigration (he’s better on that, really, but I’ll play along).

RightOFLeft on September 8, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Any candidate, especially one from a formerly conservative party, that says he advocates for the middle class and homeland security while not securing the border and favoring amnesty is a liar and hypocrite.

These things are mutually exclusive. Which is why McCain won’t get my vote.

voiceofreason on September 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM

He IS trying to get the hispanic vote, lets hope that is whats up here.

Yet we know McCain wants open borders and amnesty!

We MUST be ready to fight this fight again.

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM

My fresh water probably originates from a major river nearby. Before that it was probably rain. And before that some of it was probably what you would call unusable. It’s a cycle. It never goes away — just moves around a lot, getting used, getting filtered, evaporating, condensing. It’s nature.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Forever vigilant!

jerrytbg on September 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM

I’m getting me one of these. I live on a sailboat and this will be one of my last major purchases.

jerrytbg on September 8, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Hmmm… so those are your “facts”?

Looks like only about 40% of the water you use comes from the ground water you have there, rest comes from elsewhere… where OTHERS can not use it. If you increase water use, like they have done in southern California, due to population pressure, just where do you think that fresh water will come from?

Farmers here in Colorado don’t have enough water to grow everything they could because the Feds won’t let us use all that water… it has to go out of state… including to water lawns for illegals living in Southern California… or illegals living in Arizona…

Do you even begin to see the problem here?

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Well, my first “fact” would be that I don’t live in Arizona. If people choose to build a city in a desert, that’s their problem.

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 7:40 PM

In this country, we believe everyone has something to contribute and deserves the opportunity to reach their God-given potential, from the boy whose descendents arrived on the Mayflower to the Latina daughter of migrant workers [which would obviously include illegals]. We’re all God’s children, and we’re all Americans.

So then if it OBL can make it to say Dearborn, then by Juan McVains’ philosophy, he is home free.

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM

And I am suppose to vote for that creep!?

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 8:05 PM

The compromise that they should set is that they will expand the visa program, but ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAW. The majority of migrant workers don’t want the hassle involved in becoming a citizen anyway.
My guess is that Sarah is for preserving the rule of law, and America’s sovereignty, but McCain’s handlers may muzzle her…This has been festering in my gut since she was tapped. It won’t be Sarah we will be fighting. BTW, I think McCain’s stance on immigration isn’t compassion, it’s about getting the Hispanic vote and the backing of all the corporate globalist pigs that will make the money and power flow to the ‘right’ places. Follow the money folks…it will take you right to the fact that China wants the US to be their supermarket. Why else would they be behind the NAFTA Superhighway that runs from coastal Mexico all the way up to Canada? (NAU, NAU, NAU!) Jerome Corsi has it all documented in his bestseller. Read it and weep.
Bottom line: “We MUST be ready to fight this fight again.”
allrsn: Bingo!

Christine on September 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Romeo13 on September 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Ronnie on September 8, 2008 at 7:40 PM

This is the long term solution for any area that is near the ocean or gulf of mexico and at a “reasonable altitude”, for obvious reasons. The headwaters of any given river should be for the locals. Israel, the Saudis, hell, even Tampa Bay did it. It’s the only long term solution.

jerrytbg on September 8, 2008 at 8:07 PM

The compromise that they should set is that they will expand the visa program

Christine on September 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM

The z-visa/serf program for the anti-American campaign briber contributor plantation owners?

America is, or should be, better than that.

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM

America is, or should be, better than that.

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM

We have a energy problem, we have a water problem, in a couple of years we have a food problem and a inflation problem, lefties claim we have a carbon footprint problem. YET YOU promote bringing in untold tens of millions more to add to all those problems and also create more?

Where is your brain?

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM

O I forgot — we also have a gang problem and a drug problem

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 8:34 PM

What!!! ?

Where is your brain?

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Well I know where mine is. Yours now? I am not so sure.

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Mine is on border control in reality. SO now where is yours? In the destroy America at any and all costs crew?

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM

allrsn on September 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM

I have no idea what you are blathering on about.

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 10:48 PM

MB4 on September 8, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Of course you don’t.

allrsn on September 9, 2008 at 1:34 AM

The young men in the video had the right sign. I have been stumping against illegal immigration for nearly three years now and I’ve about given up. No matter what John McAmnesty does with the invaders already here, the problem will not go away until one of two things happens:

An effective fence is completed along our southern border or…

Mexico’s cultural cleansing comes to a halt.

McCain doesn’t seem to get it. We can run out of low level jobs and they will still pour across our borders until our entire social services are shut down. Mexico is a Pit. It has nearly no law enforcement or medical services and the drug cartels hold sway over nearly every everything. It is no place to raise a family. So why not sneak into America where the child can be born in a safe clean hospital for FREE and then have the wellfare system provide food and housing and the medical industry provide FREE health care.

Border security is NECESSARY to stop this continuing invasion. Without it all efforts are a joke.

Politicians are either so lost in their elite world to understand the reality on the ground or, being the power junkies they are, are willing to sell out America for a chance at one more term. Sometimes I think that all America’s problems render down to term limits…. a concept we depend on politicians to empliment. Yeah, sure.

So while all the Republicans oooh and ahh over McCain/Palin, I see a man who most likely is selling us out for a chance at that “Real High” the presidency of the United States… an old power junkie grasping for his last hurrah. SO GET THAT DAMNED SIGN AWAY FROM OUR CONVENTION, BOYS.

Ernest on September 9, 2008 at 10:19 AM