But of course: CNN entertainment “reporter” duped by Palin bikini photoshop; Update: Where’s Palin’s baby bump, wonders Us Weekly

posted at 12:33 pm on September 8, 2008 by Allahpundit

We’ve now reached the point where gossip sites are forced to debunk rumors being circulated uncritically by the mainstream media.

Keep updating, Charlie. No rest for the weary.

KURTZ: But if it’s a “Lifetime Movie of the Week,” Lola, then it seems to me that it’s a very mixed picture from the point of view of a ticket that is trying to get, you know, John McCain and Sarah Palin elected president and vice president of the United States. In other words, it’s great to be a celebrity, and she’ll get a book deal out of it and maybe her own television show, but does it undercut the effort to paint her as a serious, reform-minded governor?

[Lola] OGUNNAIKE: And that’s what she is going to have to guard against. I mean, McCain has been really good about painting Obama as this lightweight, using the word “celebrity” as a pejorative. They don’t want to have a boomerang effect. They don’t want that to come back on Sarah Palin, and people say, yes, she looks good in a bikini clutching an AK-47, but is she equipped to run the country?

Kurtz, who still thinks Andrew Sullivan’s “right-leaning,” naturally didn’t know enough to correct her. Exit question: Can anyone explain to me why the crowd at the convention was chanting “NBC, NBC” during the part of Palin’s speech about media smears when it’s CNN that’s been the worst offender? It was CNN that went after Palin for deserting baby Trig before the pick was even announced; it was CNN that gave Ed Schultz a platform to call her a bad mother; it was CNN that casually mentioned the rumor about Bristol Palin being Trig’s real mother, earning them an on-air rebuke from Bill Bennett; it was CNN that thought it’d be fun to air a clip by an Obama supporter goofing on McCain for allegedly checking Palin out at the podium; and of course, now it’s CNN that’s taken by the bikini ‘shop.

Oh, and of course it’s CNN that’s complained the loudest about GOP criticism of the media.

So I say again, why is MSNBC bearing the brunt of conservative animosity? Is it just a sort of lifetime achievement award for newly demoted demagogue Edward R. Olbermann?

Update: The bikini photoshop was debunked almost a full week ago.

Update: More for Charlie: Trig Trutherism at the very fair and balanced Us Weekly.

Comments

Was it this one?

carbon_footprint on September 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM

HAHA….keep on firing Howie….guess Rather didn’t teach you anything eh?

sven10077 on September 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM

If you’re serious than we need to start demanding that CNN be punished by not being on in airports, train stations, malls, default on TV in stores etc etc etc….

You hit the easier target first guys.

sven10077 on September 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM

CNN has been the worst lately. After McCain’s acceptance speech the panel debated in a fairly rational manner, then they tossed it up to their 3 ‘experts’: Donna B (Dem Superdelegate), Roland Martin (Obama hack), and Toobin, who actually called McCain’s speech the ‘worst he’d ever seen’.

But NBC has been over the top for a long time, so they win.

BadgerHawk on September 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Was it this one?

carbon_footprint on September 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Ha! That’s my favorite of your photoshops.

BadgerHawk on September 8, 2008 at 12:39 PM

And Chris Matthews.

And Rachel Maddow.

And David Schuster.

And David Gregory.

CNN has been trying very hard to catch up in the last 10 days, but there’s a lot of ground to cover.

Karl on September 8, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Communist Nutroots Nest

Aristotle on September 8, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Was it this one?

Somebody send that to Sullivan.

Jim Treacher on September 8, 2008 at 12:40 PM

PMS-NBC with Olberman and Mathews is probably the worst but that’s not what they were chanting. I agree CNN is worse than plain old NBC.

As for the pic, I believe it was this one: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2008/09/custom_1220381941522_palin.jpg

EconomicNeocon on September 8, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Clearly Not News

CyberCipher on September 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM

I vote to ban carbon_footprint…

Anyway, somebody found these on ebay…

ninjapirate on September 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Check out the Obama photoshop in the comments section at Gawker.

That guy is awesome!

BadgerHawk on September 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM

They don’t have cable in the backwoods?

RedWinged Blackbird on September 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Well Right now CNN is running the memo that Palin’s church is extremists. They actually hunted Sec of State Condolesa Rice down in Libya and the burning question they asked her ?

Hey do you think Sarah Palin is fit to be VP ?

William Amos on September 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Cronies Need News?

Meh, I fold.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on September 8, 2008 at 12:44 PM

An AK? Looks like a pellet gun or a .22 to me, that sure as hell ain’t an AK…not to mention the picture is a ‘shop.

doubleplusundead on September 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM

CNN, NBC, whichever. Just steamroll ‘em.

forest on September 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM

>Is it just a sort of lifetime achievement award for newly demoted demagogue Edward R. Olbermann?

Diogenes of Sinope on September 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM

I’ve had the misfortune of being at my gym a dozen times when Jack Cafferty of CNN was on. He literally spouts the Obama/DNC talking point of the moment. He is Keith Olberman without the talent, if such a thing is possible.

BuzzCrutcher on September 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM

I mentioned this in another thread but.. I was watching CNN yesterday and they were pimping for Obama hardcore. I mean in the 2 hours I watched, I saw nothing but the following:

A) Stories about Giuliani making fun of Obama being “community organizer”

- They had pundits, in studio “man on the street” guests, clips, a t-shirt that said “Jesus was a community organizer. Pontias Pilot was a governor.” and just wall to wall backlash talk about it.

B) General questions on Palin’s experience and rumors surrounding her.

- Bridge to nowhere (flip flop!), size of her town was mentioned at least 3 times. Size of Alaska in terms of population.

I dont know what MSNBC does, but CNN is up there.

Dash on September 8, 2008 at 12:48 PM

I vote to ban carbon_footprint…

ninjapirate on September 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Seconded!

carbon_footprint on September 8, 2008 at 12:48 PM

BuzzCrutcher on September 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Exactly. Cafferty is CNN’s Olbermann.

Dash on September 8, 2008 at 12:48 PM

No way Palin would ever let her self be photographed with that cheap a$$ pellet gun!

mad saint jack on September 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM

You missed one.

Soledad O’Brien (CNN) attacked McCain’s staff claiming Palin cut special needs funding by 60%.

When in fact, the Alaskan Challenge Youth Academy was split into a new line item, and funding increased.

But hey, fact-checking the budgets, researching numbers etc. is hard work. It’s easier to simply read web attacks in the air as though they were fact.

gekkobear on September 8, 2008 at 12:50 PM

CNN is too busy campaigning for Obama to be bothered with checking facts.

guitarplayer on September 8, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Of course it is not an AK-47, but it made the CNN reporter “feel” like it was an AK-47 – that’s all that counts, you know. I should have put “reporter” in quotes too I guess.

drunyan8315 on September 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Someone has probably already mentioned this by now, but let’s also not forget that it was a Crossman Air Rifle (aka, bb gun) and not a AK-47 that the lady in the photo was holding.

Sheez!

Mojoski on September 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Hey do you think Sarah Palin is fit to be VP ?

William Amos on September 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM

more tepid than her “support for Bambi” I guess of course she didn’t really support Bambi but “new blood”.

sven10077 on September 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Of course, this is how legends start, it was a light rifle, now it’s an AK, in five years it’ll be a Ma Deuce, and in 50 years it’ll be the main gun from an M1 Abrams tank, which she ripped out of the turret with her bare hands.

doubleplusundead on September 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM

My guess would be that it’s because CNN is a cable station and NBC is a network station (I realize that MS-NBC is a cable show, but, it still carries the NBC brand).

I think people are more willing to forgive bias from a cable station than from a network station as.

JadeNYU on September 8, 2008 at 12:52 PM

2 things..

A. That wasn’t even an AK-47.. more like a BB gun..

B. BAD photo shop of her head on a somewhat out of shape other woman’s body.

DaveC on September 8, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Oh, and in 100 years, she’ll have used one of the guns from the USS Iowa.

doubleplusundead on September 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM

doubleplusundead on September 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Crosman Powermaster 66

As far as I can tell.

mad saint jack on September 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM

At coffee Saturday, my uncle and I concluded that the campaign poster we’d like to see would have Palin in that flag bikini (for real) holding a hunting rifle and straddling a moose.

My aunt opined that people wouldn’t vote for that.

Uncle (mind you, these folks are in their late 70′s) replied “it’d get at least half the vote, immediately!”

Coffee shot from my nose.

Scribbler on September 8, 2008 at 12:55 PM

EconomicNeocon on September 8, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I f that’s it I want my money back. That’s not an AK-47.

TooTall on September 8, 2008 at 12:55 PM

CNN is also the network that repeatedly ran a “crawl” during the RNCC updating the number of deaths in Iraq; and ran one during Sarah Palin’s acceptance speech noting the number of times John McCain has been treated for skin cancer.

rockmom on September 8, 2008 at 12:57 PM

CNN is such a slow and easy target for biased reporting. I laugh at Wolf the Worm Blitzer reporting using his decoder ring from CNN’s secret underground “Situation Room.”

byteshredder on September 8, 2008 at 12:58 PM

mad saint jack on September 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Lame, Red Ryder FTW!

doubleplusundead on September 8, 2008 at 12:58 PM

From Gawker:

Kurtz never corrected Ogunnaike, on either the fake picture or on the even more absurd suggestion that some critical mass of people think the VP candidate looked good in it.

Lehosh on September 8, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Her body would be way tighter than that pic anyway

lodge on September 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Don’t know if it’s true or not, but Laura Ingraham claimed on-air that she started the “NBC” chant on the floor of the convention. Something along the lines that she just blurted it out, and then others joined in.

S. Weasel on September 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Somebody send that to Sullivan.

Jim Treacher on September 8, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Cruel man. That photo depicts femininity, Jim, you KNOW Andrew is terrified of anything with breasts and a vagina.

Vyce on September 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM

JadeNYU on September 8, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Exactly…It is the reason that MSNBC was created.

d1carter on September 8, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Was it this one?

carbon_footprint on September 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM

If that picture’s not real, Dan Rather wants to be the first to break the story.

Cicero43 on September 8, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Laura Ingraham stated on her show last week that she started shouting it, and the rest of the crowd joined in.

rslancer14 on September 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Wayyyy off topic but, anyone else notice the obama crowds seem to be only 4 rows back with some empty seats? All to fitting with the empty suit. Sorry a little on edge, still looking for Palin gear that’s not SOLD OUT!grr …now to this topic, until the empty suit I always considered CNN=Clinton News Network. My how things have changed.

christene on September 8, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I vote to ban carbon_footprint…

We don’t have a vote in such things. Only Allah has such power.

Andrew Sullivan = “right-leaning”
Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann = “politically incendiary”
Russell Brand = “blunt politics…candor and edginess”

saint kansas on September 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Not enough to prevent him from breathlessly linking to it.

Jim Treacher on September 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM

I stopped watching CNN. I used to flip back and forth when H&C, Greta, O’Reilley was being re-run. Now I’d rather watch the tv-guide channel or scrub floors or something.

HawaiiLwyr on September 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Lola Ogunnaike is a hack, not a journalist. Had seen that bikini pic, instead of just gleefully repeating the rumor it was really of Palin, she is smart enough to know that is not the body of a 44-year-old woman who runs 10 miles a day.

Sergeant Tim on September 8, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Let’s hope that the photo of Biden in a speedo is also fake.

RobCon on September 8, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Was it this one?

carbon_footprint on September 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Slublog, where are you when we need you?

Seven Percent Solution on September 8, 2008 at 1:34 PM

I think it’s more of CNN earning that lifetime achievement award first because it’s been around longer.

steveegg on September 8, 2008 at 1:36 PM

TERRIBLE PHOTOSHOP.

I mean I could start literally working for days on iron clad Obama Photoshops in all sorts of crazy shit. Don’t tempt me I have vacation time coming up.

MarcusBrody on September 8, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I wonder who Lola Ogunnaike is voting for?

awake on September 8, 2008 at 1:40 PM

We learn that [Michelle Obama] “possesses a natural and unpretentious sophistication” and that she “has the grace and beauty of a dancer”

Yeah… when she doesn’t look like she’s about to punch someone in the mouth.

And looking at that picture… weren’t they not going to exploit their kids?

crazy_legs on September 8, 2008 at 1:45 PM

TooTall on September 8, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Actually, I have yet to see any pics of Sarah with an AK-47.

An M-4, yes, but no AK’s.

Another reason why the left shouldn’t be in charge of military-anything. They can’t even recognize (or, not recognize) the most popular weapon on the planet.

yo on September 8, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Oh, and in 100 years, she’ll have used one of the guns from the USS Iowa.

Sure, bring up Palin’s role in the German’s bombing Pearl Harbor!!

/typical CNN reporter

MamaAJ on September 8, 2008 at 1:55 PM

BuzzCrutcher on September 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Keith Olbermann without the talent would be … Keith Olbermann.

tom on September 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM

I’m not even close to what could be considered a fan of McCain the politician; McCain, the man, I have the utmost respect for. Anyway, I now want the One to lose on such an epic scale that these lying, biased smear merchants can get away from their not-even-thinly-disguised advocacy and go back to their day job of pulling wings off of butterflies.

Physics Geek on September 8, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Was it this one?

carbon_footprint on September 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Or this one.

right2bright on September 8, 2008 at 2:04 PM

The stupid CNN woman wouldn’t know an AK 47 if she had one stuck up her nose.

Always remember, an AK 47 has a gas tube above the barrel.

saiga on September 8, 2008 at 2:25 PM

don’t forget all guns are automatic AK-47s to the libs, because that way, they can ban them all. Even the BB guns.

kirkill on September 8, 2008 at 2:29 PM

The Dude Abides. CNN was the worst at covering Palin. They were disgraceful. By the way, is CNN trying to scare away viewers? I mean, come on, Lou Dobbs, Jack Cafferty, Larry King, John Roberts, etc….

thedudesblog on September 8, 2008 at 2:32 PM

I thought I heard CNN shouted by some delegates, but the reason for the NBC thing is that CNN was discredited by conservatives at least fifteen years ago as a leftwing rabid pile of dog poo. NBC still had some cred to shred with conservatives, but their tin foil kool aid drinking ‘newsies’ just caused alot of the regulars to recoil and to trash NBC on the floor of the convention. It would be like the repubs calling out AP or Reuters, which have been in the tank of the anti american left for ages. But for NBC to join them, it was a fresh wound and so was the first to seek expression by the crowd.

eaglewingz08 on September 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM

I’m sure there are lots of fine folks on HotAir that have seen and even shot AK-47s…the only thing in common with the gun in that photoshop? They’re black.

kirkill on September 8, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Can we have a photoshop contest for michelle obama? Please?

peacenprosperity on September 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM

kirkill on September 8, 2008 at 2:41 PM

o/

fossten on September 8, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Can we have a photoshop contest for michelle obama?

RACIST!!!

Jim Treacher on September 8, 2008 at 3:30 PM

My opinion on CNN can be found on my blog. Language warning.

Darth Executor on September 8, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Kurtz, who still thinks Andrew Sullivan’s “right-leaning,” naturally didn’t know enough to correct her. Exit question: Can anyone explain to me why the crowd at the convention was chanting “NBC, NBC” during the part of Palin’s speech about media smears when it’s CNN that’s been the worst offender? It was CNN that went after Palin for deserting baby Trig before the pick was even announced; it was CNN that gave Ed Schultz a platform to call her a bad mother; it was CNN that casually mentioned the rumor about Bristol Palin being Trig’s real mother, earning them an on-air rebuke from Bill Bennett; it was CNN that thought it’d be fun to air a clip by an Obama supporter goofing on McCain for allegedly checking Palin out at the podium; and of course, now it’s CNN that’s taken by the bikini ’shop.

Well, most people at the convention, and thus a little “disconnected” (I’m assuming) from a lot of what CNN was up to, were aiming at the biggest regular offender.

As for the new “where’s the baby bump” nonsense… Allah or Ed, can you post any clips from the Greta special on Palin the other night, showing her CLEARLY pregnant.

BTW, this is like 9/11 Truthers. You’d have to believe that hundreds, thousands really, of people are keeping their mouths shut, when they want to say “we never saw a baby bump!” An impossible feat, unless Palin has been granted access to Rove’s brainwashing ray gun, and she blasted everyone in Juneau.

RightWinged on September 8, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Crosman Powermaster 66

As far as I can tell.

mad saint jack on September 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Good call. I originally thought Remington 7600 pump action .22 but I think you’re right. It even has the scope.

JackOfClubs on September 8, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Hey! How long has FARK had a HotAir thumbnail?

dougwinship on September 8, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Ok, Fark, get a grip. Try linking to something of substance.

Connie on September 9, 2008 at 2:36 AM