Bill Maher: Are we sure Trig is Sarah Palin’s baby? Update: Bill Maher, media critic

posted at 2:30 pm on September 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

Just asking questions, mind you, like those Truthers he once threw off his show. My capacity for outrage at his “used-car salesman speaking truth to power” shtick expired seven months ago but some of you will find this an invigorating mid-afternoon shot of outrage espresso, so I’m happy to play barista. Besides, it’s useful as an insight into just how stupid and/or lazy Maher is. This rumor was convincingly debunked Monday morning and conclusively debunked Monday afternoon, when Bristol Palin’s five-month-old pregnancy was disclosed. How’d she give birth to Trig four months ago, then? Who cares? The point is to impress the audience by broaching irreverent subjects, not to be coherent. Mission accomplished.

If you’re looking for something stronger, try this L.A. “Progressive” smear piece accusing the governor of Alaska, famous for having political enemies on both sides of the aisle, of casually uttering racist slurs at a restaurant within earshot of other patrons. Apparently she hates Eskimos, notwithstanding the fact that she’s been married to one for more than 20 years. I trust you’ll find it precisely as compelling as those Larry Sinclair accusations against Obama. Click the image to watch.

Update: Video biscotti to go with your espresso of Maher out-Olbermanning Olbermann.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What an umitiagated piece of crap.

As a fsther, I would like to volunteer giving him a right hook to the head.

TexasJew on September 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Did we expect anything different from this alcoholic loser?

Wyatt Wingfoot on September 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I remember when Maher used to be funny. And when he used to not drink the Kool-Aid.

MikeknaJ on September 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Fascinating, scary, and impossible to ignore.

SouthernGent on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

His ratings must suck. Why else would he dredge up the carcass after it’s been buried for a week?

My kitty says:

He needs somebody to tune into his worthless show and make his sponsors get their advertising dollar’s worth out of it…

Et tu Brute on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

I love it when liberals show their true colors. Keep it up you little pissant.

John Doe on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

BDS is morphing into new syndromes.
And it is not pretty.

bridgetown on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

“I remember when Maher used to be funny”

see, i can’t even recall that …

Buckaroo on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Actually, with all due respect, Maher was NEVER funny. Ever.

Just like Janeane Garofalo and Al Franken were never funny.

They tried… oh how they tried to be funny. But when the funny careers went SPLAT, they turned to leftist smears.

Maher is not just a dick in real life, he also plays one on TV.

Always Right on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Didn’t some posters here this week include Maher in the list of Libs that they respect? Scratch him from the list. FWIW I was confused at the inclusion in the first place.

HawaiiLwyr on September 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Is Bill Maher really relevant to anything? Just asking.

TooTall on September 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Smarmy, diminutive scumbag.

ManlyRash on September 6, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Bet they love him in Cedarburg,Twit.

bbz123 on September 6, 2008 at 2:38 PM

How’d she give birth to Trig four months ago, then?

But that’s not the point. It’s the seriousness of the charge that matters. Building 7, anyone?

Tony737 on September 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM

This from the man who refused to talk about Bill Clinton’s impeachment or his lies under oath on his ABC show because we had no right to talk about his private life.

Skywise on September 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Trig troofer.

pt on September 6, 2008 at 2:41 PM

You know, he could have made the joke about the incredibly biased US weekly, but noooo, his flaming libtard core convictions had to stop all over that opportunity. The idiot.

aikidoka on September 6, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Is Bill Maher really relevant to anything? Just asking.

TooTall on September 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM

If you repeat something over and over it becomes true to less informed people. That is why he is relevant.
Is is not because he says the sky is falling or the house is on fire it is because he has a megaphone and says it.

He must be squashed

kangjie on September 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM

I not sure we’d be hearing about Trig if John Edwards was the father.

John Doe on September 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM

“Trig troofer.”

bumper sticker!

“warning! Driver is a Trig troofer!”
:-)

Buckaroo on September 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM

These guys think they are being so cute…they are all Lenny Bruce wannabe’s…and Lenny ended up where? Once he crossed the line from comedy to boring, tedious, angry social commentary, his audience walked away from him. He was found, in his bathroom, naked, dead, with a syringe and a burnt bottle cap next to him.

Bill Maher, Al Franken, et al., take notice.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Shhhhh! If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of liberals rusting.

saved on September 6, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Are we sure Trig Palin’s IQ hasn’t already eclipsed Bill Maher’s?

Tengripundit on September 6, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Maher has never deserved his own thread. He still doesn’t.

Metro on September 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Advertisers for his show seriously need to consider whether they want to continue paying so much to pursue the fringe demographic of the wide-eyed, the hopped-up, and the lunatic, who must be about all Maher has left watching him by now.

Edouard on September 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Yup Kool-aid poisoning

grapeknutz on September 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Sorry i can’t watch that POS.

Chakra Hammer on September 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Why do they insist on running with a theory that is so insane it it’s impossibility? It makes my head want to explode everytime I hear this.

celtnik on September 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Message to Bill: You do not want to insult Trig. Because Piper will kick your ass.

Tengripundit on September 6, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Yeah, this is from the idiot who made Religulous, the movie in which he claims that Jesus was actually based upon Horus. Anybody who had researched that claim in the slightest would know that the Egyptian god that he should have referenced was Osiris. Yet he mocks people for their supposed stupidity. A minor detail perhaps, but not when you are pretending that you have a much higher IQ.

Lazy indeed.

darclon on September 6, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Just watched the Palin appearance in Colorado on Fox, she recycled all the lines from her convention speech again. They’re starting to get stale now, they really should at least rephrase them. It’s verbatim.

Though I guess its aimed at people who didn’t see it the first time, not us hacks to watch everything we can, even here in Australia :P

What do they say?

When the pundits start getting sick of hearing a message, thats about when it is sinking in with the general apolitical types.

cyclosarin on September 6, 2008 at 2:52 PM

I heard a clip of Maher referring to Sarah Palin as “the stewardess.”

I was wondering just to what extent Maher would be screaming and wailing if any Republican referred to Obama as, say, “The Cabin Boy.”

Liberals can’t handle reality. Maher’s a prime example of a twisted mind high on being twisted. Sure makes HBO look worse with every week’s broadcast.

S on September 6, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I can’t watch. I hate that dude.

CP on September 6, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I love it when liberals show their true colors. Keep it up you little pissant.

John Doe on September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM

I think piss ant is two words… But, it was very green of you to “not waste the space” on a person like this that gives sheep a severe case of heebeejeebies

;)

CC

CapedConservative on September 6, 2008 at 2:54 PM

BTW, comments at “LA Progressive” are filtered — I tried but my comment doesn’t show. I suspect no disagreement will ever show. The Progressive Left is, after all, open minded and prepared to openly debate issues. Right.

johnsteele on September 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM

What do they say?

I just listened to the Colorado speech by Palin (AND McCain, too). I noticed a few repeats but what else is new — all candidates repeat these significant lines, it’s just political campaigning.

It’s not an issue, in my view. Complaining about it somehow suggestive of Sarah Palin now “getting stale” is like rumoring about her kitchen dishes being “out of order in the cupboard”: it’s not an issue.

S on September 6, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Clearly Bill Maher thinks Us Weekly is a solid new source. He probably gets his news from Kos on the other six days.

Maxx on September 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

“We know she is fertile…knocked up”

Can you imagine the outrage on the left if someone on the right had said just those words about a female? And then get your mind around the fact we are talking about a 17 year old?

Sue on September 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Maher should have Track as a guest on his show.

Wade on September 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

kangjie on September 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Even though I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment you make some excellent points.

TooTall on September 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Jerk.

Absolute jerk.

drjohn on September 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

The Sarah-Cuda needs to read this quote on the campaign trail:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag….

By Father Dennis Edward O’Brien, USMC

FiveWays on September 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

He probably should start drinking again. If he could get any ratings, he would be making money on network tv. He is a loser ….

gstrickler on September 6, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Did we expect anything different from this alcoholic loser deranged coke-head?

Wyatt Wingfoot on September 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Fixed that for you.

Bill Maher, the guy who called Palin a stewardess.

Yeah, got some news for the Maher crowd: Palin’s every bit as much a “stewardess” as Maher is a “comedian”.

What a disgusting cretin.

SuperCool on September 6, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Are we sure Bill Maher isn’t a pedophile? Not that we have any proof that he and Olberman molest kids, but why not ask the question.

rbj on September 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM

BTW Allah-

This article is you using your cynicism at its best.

FiveWays on September 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Five words Bill Maher will never hear spoken to him…

“And the Emmy goes to…”

coldwarrior on September 6, 2008 at 3:08 PM

My suggestion, stop watching HBO. Or, we could pull a nutroots maneuver and flood them with mail expressing how Shocked! and Outraged! we are…

Or, we could simply use it as more ammo with the PUMA’s of the sexism of the far left. Feed their indignation and recall their recent memories of Hillz humiliation at the hands of the far left punks.

This guy is a pusillanimous, palavering, putz anyway~

RocketmanBob on September 6, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Far be it from me to criticize if he wants to use his expensive airtime to talk about that piece-o-crap untrue story….he’s only hurting himself.

His intelligence is receding along with his hairline.

bethany on September 6, 2008 at 3:08 PM

I seldom find Maher funny. His opinions are generally ignorant, but backed up by unsupported assertions that he is the voice of reason and science. But he gives a forum to many that the liberal mainstream has tried to block out. So he’s a useful idiot. Let him rant and make a fool of himself.

snaggletoothie on September 6, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Gah, Maher doesn’t even border on funny.

Toobin the tool insisting that the media is fair, and taking the demure and saintly road (none too strenuously, of course)
in the absurd pregnancy issue — now that’s funny!

Nichevo on September 6, 2008 at 3:10 PM

If this keeps up…second look at Sinclair and the dead guys.

Maybe the MSM will set up a big investigation to finally look into Obama’s life and college career. Oh no that’s right! That’s just for “easy target” white women who dare threaten their power. Liberal black men have a “get out of vetting free” card.

econavenger on September 6, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Nothing to add, Maher has never had anything of substance or in line with middle America to say.

Hog Wild on September 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM

“Maher has never had anything of substance…”

Hog Wild on September 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM –

Au contraire…I am positive he has injested all sorts of substances.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Do I get a free bar of soap after watching this?

RobCon on September 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Well when The Atlantic gives you the green light to rely on the fever swamp, is is a surprise Bill Maher is not that far behind?

Mr. Joe on September 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM

I guess Maher’s still upset that he was born via rectal-birth.

…he’s what happens when you have unprotected anal sex….

FiveWays on September 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Good news: My pro choice Democratic wife is voting McCain-Palin after watching Real Time last night. Thanks Bill for bringing votes to McCain.

Mr. Joe on September 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Re: LA smear piece

Ever heard the story of the boy who cried “wolf”?

obladioblada on September 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Maher should be locked in a room with Al Franken…where they should both stay until at least one of them can prove he has some talent or useful skill.

landlines on September 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Remember when comedians were so mesmerized by Obama’s holiness and racial differentness they couldn’t even come up with jokes?

The MSM trashes an avg white woman, and voila! Bold, brave humor.

econavenger on September 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM

I’m thinking that the Bristol-Truthers haven’t ever really been gynecologically savvy.

Savvy?

nukemhill on September 6, 2008 at 3:25 PM

There was a time when Maher attacked both sides and at least seemed fair minded. It all started going downhill with the remarks about the suicide attacks on 9-11. I had to stop watching several years ago. My blood pressure went up too high watching the show. If Mark Steyn or VDH were to be guests, I might tune in again, but I just don’t see Maher taking them on.

redshirt on September 6, 2008 at 3:26 PM

remember when Maher dressed up like the crocodile hunter, blood and sting ray barb and all?

tlynch001 on September 6, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Just canceled my HBO service.

jukin on September 6, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Skywise on September 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM

well um er uhm

“at least he was not a hypocrit”….

er Bill what part of uphold and defend do you miss at inaugurals?

sven10077 on September 6, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Hey,I just invented a drinking game we can play with all our Mormon friends! Take a shot every time Obama says “Victory in Iraq”!

redshirt on September 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Bill Maher reportedly has not molested any goats in the last three weeks. Before that, we cannot say.

/See how easy this is?

john1schn on September 6, 2008 at 3:38 PM

I get the feelings this guy is fundamentaly unhappy with his empty life, so he must lash out at others better than him.

ThePrez on September 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM

That second video! Allah, you slay me. hahahaah

aikidoka on September 6, 2008 at 3:41 PM

redshirt on September 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Better yet…every time Obama says “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

coldwarrior on September 6, 2008 at 3:41 PM

I am actually getting a free weekend from HBO and this is the fare they are offering no lie I watched this today this morning…Well Thanks but not Thanks HBO. Bill Maher is acting like such a tool I thought his schtick was like he was intelligent or something. He sounds like Jerry Springer.

Dr Evil on September 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Go smoke another joint, Bill. He claims he is a libertarian. Yeah, right. Moonbat is more like it.

Philly on September 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Why is Maher repeating the same mistake Us Weekly and the rest of the MSM? Did he not see what happened when the media got their panties in a twist over Sarah’s status as a female, her pregnant daughter, her shooting animals, her Down’s baby?

I don’t have HBO but if I did, you’d better believe I’d be canceling it.

mjk on September 6, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Hey, me too!!! Excellent waste of time and resources, HBO. (I just checked the channels because you said that)

mjk on September 6, 2008 at 3:46 PM

I lost interest in Bill Maher a long long time ago.

He is so irrelevant these days, he doesn’t even qualify as being an assclown.

pilamaye on September 6, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Thankfully, The Sopranos and Deadwood are no longer on HBO. This makes it easy for me to boycott the channel.

I wrote to HBO and promised them I would cancel my subscription until they took Maher off the air. I also pointed out that the rumor Maher is spreading was dropped by the far-left Daily Kos website because even they admitted it was false.

I’m sending them copies of my “before” and “after” cable bills to show them I’m not just talking out my Maher.

ynot4tony2 on September 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM

FiveWays on September 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Gee…disgusting, at first, but I think you are on to something. Maybe someone should ask him about that also. And maybe how often his mother is sheered. And exactly who is his daddy. I would think all of these are valid issues now. The gloves are off.

JonRoss on September 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM

If the GOP got very serious about boycott power we could do some damage. It will be interesting to see if US Magazine gets hit hard again next month even after the initial 5-10K cancellations.

econavenger on September 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM

If Bill Maher and Keith Olberman were on fire, which one would you not pee on first?

Sugar Land on September 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM

MAHER is a hack who couldn’t make it in B movies and found his niche being a caustic jerk. The sad thing is that there are enough people out there to keep his show going. Why even give this man any credence?

Irenaeus on September 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM

redshirt on September 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA…

S on September 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM

No doubt he’ll have regular guest and fellow Trig Troofer Andrew Sullivan on to discuss it. Indeed, it’s a decent bet that Maher felt comfy going with this because of Sullivan’s Trig Trooferism.

Karl on September 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Bill Maher and Arianna Huffington, together again, on stage, for a full hour: HBO stocks plunge to $(0.02) each.

S on September 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Sugar Land on September 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I make them both watch while I peed on their boyfriends.

john1schn on September 6, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I just wrote HBO and told them I would have my cable company stop my subscription to HBO. If HBO has made a corporate decision to support this kind of smear, they’ll do it without my money!

MCPO Airdale on September 6, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Thankfully, The Sopranos and Deadwood are no longer on HBO. This makes it easy for me to boycott the channel…ynot4tony2

Yeah, and the latest “vampire blood sucking fest” that HBO is introducing as it’s “new series” this month is not exactly conducive to keeping their subscription going.

I was going to cancel HBO after The Sopranos ended, then after ROME ended, then I thought I’d wait out until after GENERATION KILL, now, well, let me put it this way, they are not exactly coming up with Red Blooded excellent fare of late. Maher’s ghastly, deserves nothing more than A Cartoon by Robert Smigel. HBO could at least relocate Maher to “On Demand (only)” like, say, retitled as “The Cooking Show for Anorexics” or something.

S on September 6, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Yet more reasoned, fair, thorough political analysis from the star of CANNIBAL WOMEN IN THE AVOCADO JUNGLE OF DEATH.

fusionaddict on September 6, 2008 at 4:09 PM

The sad thing is that HBO is owned by Time-Warner. Guess who provides a large amount of Cable and Internet Service in the US?

Yeah, I know there are others, but in my neck of the woods, I can get Time-Warner, or I can go to AT&T and get shite for service and as a bonus, pay more.

john1schn on September 6, 2008 at 4:09 PM

john1schn on September 6, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I hate to burst media’s bubble any more than it already has been wantonly but deservedly burst, but, guess who owns US Magazine?

If you guessed Time-Warner, you’d be a winner. Jann Wenner, editor and publisher of US (among other titles), accepted Time-Warner’s buy out of US a while ago. He’s still responsible for the wretched, umm, compromised content decisions overall but Time-Warner controls ownership. That means, despite all nuance, Time-Warner holds the bag, Wenner’s, uhh, in the bag, US is in the ditch.

S on September 6, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Eh, Maher stopped being funny a long, long time ago.
We stopped getting HBO a long time ago too, now that I think of it…

4shoes on September 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Rabbit, meet briar patch.

Keep it up, lefties, keep it up, and you’ll be shoving each other under the bus to try to get elected dog-catcher.

Merovign on September 6, 2008 at 4:24 PM

What a Dork…complete waste of skin, but at least no brain matter was wasted.

keldog on September 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM

For Bill’s information, I was back to work 3 days after my baby was born. I know a lot of strong women who don’t take the full “prescribed” time off. It would be nice, but not always possible. In my case, it wasn’t. What an idiot.

Glynn on September 6, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Time-Warner holds the bag, Wenner’s, uhh, in the bag, US is in the ditch.

S on September 6, 2008 at 4:14 PM

When I read this the first time, it looked like you said that Time-Warner is holding Wenners bag.

I now need a new keyboard.

john1schn on September 6, 2008 at 4:43 PM

john1schn on September 6, 2008 at 4:05

LOL!!!!!
Thanks. Now I have to clean champagne off of my computer screen. You win. That was the funniest post I’ve seen here … ever.

foxforce91 on September 6, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Maher used to volunteer for midget tossing…
except w/o the big strong men.

rhodeymark on September 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM

A cheerful mom with glasses is making the entire media and punditry industries undercut their own credibility, and all she had to do was show up.

Jim Treacher on September 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM