Video: Andrea Mitchell, reporting live from the balloon drop

posted at 11:41 am on September 5, 2008 by Allahpundit

Credit where it’s due. After enduring the trauma of watching 9/11 footage that cable nets routinely run on the anniversary of the attacks, our modern-day Murrow actually gets off a decent line at the end here.

These weren’t the only balloons being popped last night, incidentally. Exit question: How long before Team Barry starts running ads accusing McCain of being the biggest celebrity in the world?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

At the end is that Kool & The Gang playing? Hahahaha!

/singing
Celebrate good times, come on
(Let’s celebrate)
Celebrate good times, come on
(Let’s celebrate)

There’s a party goin’ on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times
And your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Come on now

(Celebration)
Let’s all celebrate and have a good time
(Celebration)
We gonna celebrate and have a good time

It’s time to come together
It’s up to you
What’s your pleasure

Everyone around the world
Come on
/end singing

Andrea, hit those balloons, girl, and celebrate! It’s alright!!! Happiness! I love it!!!

Sultry Beauty on September 5, 2008 at 1:45 PM

OPRAH UPDATE

Oprah has issued a statement to TMZ — she won’t put Sarah Palin on her show until after the election.

Here’s the statement: “The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates EXCEPT BARACK OBAMA. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! KILL WHITEY!

CanadianGuy on September 5, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Fixed.

Damiano on September 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Don’t touch the makeup…whatever you do don’t touch the makeup!

d1carter on September 5, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Smack those balls Andrea

RobCon on September 5, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Only one thing to say after seeing that video………..

BBBBBBBBWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seven Percent Solution on September 5, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Perhaps a lower interest rate from Mrs. Greenspan was appropriate last night.

gabriel sutherland on September 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I love how the cameraman is trying to swat them away and everyone else is tossing balloons on her.

The base knows where they stand with MSNBC, and they are learning how to deal with MSNBC.

phelps on September 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

At the train station in Young Frankenstein:

Elizabeth: Taffeta, Darling!
Frederick: Taffeta, Sweetheart!
Elizabeth: No, the dress is taffeta, it wrinkles so easily.

Elizabeth: Don’t touch the hair!

Elizabeth: Nails, darling, just had them done!

eaglewingz08 on September 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM

ROTFLMAO

I could watch that fifty times!

capitalist piglet on September 5, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Ok…that staffer that forgot to include the anvil in the balloon drop is soooo fired!!!!

BigWyo on September 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I watched this last night and it sure seemed like the Republican delegates off-camera kept pushing the balloons on Andrea. Olberman was beside himself. I am sure they were setting up a negative/attack piece that just could not get off the ground due to the constant rain of balloons. It was great!

jerseyman on September 5, 2008 at 3:49 PM

With all the hot air (ahem) in both Andrea and Keith Overbite — she should have levitated right above those ole balloons!

Gull on September 5, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Did she say, “The REAL McCain supporters here?” Was she making sure nobody mistook her for a McCain supporter.

Elizabetty on September 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Man, that’s some tasty Schadenfreude.

sulla on September 5, 2008 at 5:01 PM

The falling balloons are a metaphor for the hopes and dreams of B. Hussein and his mind-numbed follower.

Jarhead68 on September 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM

The horror! A balloon assault! ley’s hope they don’t bring out the dreaded Comfy Chair”!

Jim M. on September 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Well, I meant to say followerS but by the time anyone reads this it may just be one follower. He’s toast.

Jarhead68 on September 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM

If only Butters would have been doing his tap dance act on stage at the same time just opposite Andrea. Maybe in 2012.

andycanuck on September 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Beautiful Balloons !

sonnyspats1 on September 5, 2008 at 6:08 PM

I am still laughing after viewing this no less than 10 times.

SouthernGent on September 5, 2008 at 6:51 PM

You’ve reached 911,state your emergency!

Hi I’am Andrea Mitchell,and I work for CNN,
and I had a bad feeling about covering the
RNConvention,but since I’m a Liberal,the girl
can’t help it,anyhow you need to send in the SWAT
TEAM,I think Bush,and Rove are trying to snuff
me out with balloons!

Hello,Hello,Damm#t I’ve been cut off!!!haha.

canopfor on September 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Yeah

they were. They knew exactly what they were doing and I say “well done!”

Bob's Kid on September 5, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Geeze, she looks like she’s at a funeral. Lighten up, have some fun, at least smile a bit.

PS What are the chances the people around her were intentionally throwing balloons her way? I’m thinking pretty good.

amkun on September 6, 2008 at 12:32 AM