Nielsen: McCain’s speech draws more viewers than Obama’s — while airing on fewer networks

posted at 2:58 pm on September 5, 2008 by Allahpundit

Just across. BET and TV One apparently decided that with Barry O already pulling 90-95% of the black vote, they needn’t bother turning any precious airtime over to McCain. In fact, all four nights of the Democratic convention aired on both networks. The GOP convention didn’t air at all.

Do note: Palin finished just shy of both candidates in total audience running on only six networks, two fewer than McCain and four fewer than Obama. Telemundo and Univision didn’t bother with night three coverage.

Sweet news, although it would have been sweeter had Maverick’s speech been a home run rather than a bloop double. Exit question: How’d he beat The One? Ridin’ the wave of Palinmania, or ridin’ the wave of football fans looking for something to watch after the Giants-Redskins game ended? I want to believe it’s the latter, just because the network that would have made the difference in that case is … NBC.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

JOHN-MC-CAIN! JOHN-MC-CAIN!

BadgerHawk on September 5, 2008 at 3:02 PM

To be honest, even though I am a big Mccain supporter and Giants fan, I was switching back and forth to the speech, not really watching it. I sure did not stay on NBC.

William Teach on September 5, 2008 at 3:02 PM

I watched the end of the game, and Brandon Jacobs was great for my Fantasy Football team, but then I switched to FoxNews for McCain.

I was opining about how when the McCain campaign e-mailed me around Feb./Mar. and I snapped back with a “No way would I support him, he’s not a conservative! yada yada”, Eatin’ crow now, cuz I’m sending cash.

kirkill on September 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I’m hoping that both are true. NBC ends up giving McCain the win, and everyone hunting for more Palin.

Vanceone on September 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

The speech didn’t start until the game was over Will.

BadgerHawk on September 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Not if you count NBC first and the others after ;)

Trying to find you a half-full glass here AP :D

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on September 5, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Go Mavrick!

talking_mouse on September 5, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Big shocker/s

Look it is the same speech they have been giving us for 40 years…

He Biden’d Mario Frickin’ Cuomo for God’s sakes in the O’cropolis….

It is like Jimmy Carter and Mario Cuomo had a baby.

His chintzy crap looked awesome when in essence the MSM stifled us so bad we may as well not even have been running.

McCain was quiet letting Barry blow his energy and “freshness”. When McCain finally started to move he has not been behind Barry mentally once strategy wise…

Barry’s OODA loop is busted.

O-Force One and Vero Possumus are part of his problem not any solution.

Barack “I was a Teenage Candidate” O’bama-you should have waited as a VP kid.

sven10077 on September 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM

The term “double-standard” has lost all meaning.

Buckley F. Williams on September 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM

I don’t think this is accurate. 2 weeks from now people will remember at least two things about this speech: “They broke me” and “Fight! Fight with me!” I actually think this speech is like wine, it’s going to age very well.

I also am skeptical of any impact of decreased number of networks. If you wanted to find it, you could on free air, so eh, not sure how much impact that had.

Spirit of 1776 on September 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Honestly, I don’t care if BET and Telemundo and Univision choose not to show it, but please do not rant and whine about the Fairness Doctrine anymore liberals. The Jig is up.

Topsecretk9 on September 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Nielsen is RAAAAAAAACIST!!!!

tre on September 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM

It’s after Labor Day. Election is 60 some odd days out.

This is when a number of Americans finally start paying attention, trying to figure out who to vote for.

Wonder how many are expecting DemCon to be *next* week?

Mew

acat on September 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM

The news is not just “sweet”, its incredible!

Given the “Obama as Messiah” meme, the “Obama is the New Face of Politics” meme, the “Obama is Black” meme…the fact that more people wanted to hear what McCain had to say is astounding!

Things are looking up!

pseudonominus on September 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Eatin’ crow now, cuz I’m sending cash.

kirkill on September 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I know the feeling.

Esthier on September 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Spirit of 1776 on September 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM

That’s a great point. No one is going to see clips of either of the speeches. They’ll maybe see text of them online, but that’s it. McCain’s text was much more compelling, positive and uplifting than Obama’s even if he can’t read a prompter.

BadgerHawk on September 5, 2008 at 3:10 PM

On the WaPo story about McCain’s speech vs the football game, several Uh-uh-uh-bama fans were leaving comments that they were praying for overtime.

Looks like that backfired on them. The game helped McCain almost as much as Sarah did.

I did put in on NBC to see if the game would finish in time, then immediatly put it on FNC after confirmation.

ynot4tony2 on September 5, 2008 at 3:10 PM

THE MAVERICKS STRIKE AGAIN!
MCCAIN/PALIN 08!

jencab on September 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

bloop double.

???? How so?

Kini on September 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

You can hardly blame BET for not running the Republican convention. They’ve got bills to pay. If we are going to reach that audience, we’ve got to find another way than free coverage on that kind of network.

pedestrian on September 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I thought Univision was owned by a Republican?

jp on September 5, 2008 at 3:13 PM

pedestrian,

I’d normally agree with you that a station shouldn’t run programming that’s not going to make it any money. But this is for the Presidency of the United States. If you’re going to cover an entire convention, you should at a bare minimum cover the acceptance speech of the other guy’s party.

BadgerHawk on September 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Barry is changing his underwear…..what a week….who would have thunk when we went to bed last Thursday night that this would be the next 7 days????

SDarchitect on September 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM

(Insert left leaning talking head name)
*Gulp*
“The people are less interested in Obami?”

/Sarc

I think many were like me. Interested to see if they had misjudged McCain based upon his VP choice.

In the end I think the answer is yes.

Marine_Bio on September 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM

JOHN-MC-CAIN! JOHN-MC-CAIN!

BadgerHawk on September 5, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Remember:

They chant Obama’s name.
We chant USA.

MadisonConservative on September 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

bloop double.

???? How so?

Kini on September 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Bloop double is being generous. After RINO night, I can’t believe there is still support around here for him.

Valiant on September 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

I say we need the Fairness Doctrine. White Entertainment Television (WET) would surely show McCain but not bother with Obama since 90% whites will be voting for McCain.

carbon_footprint on September 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Needless to say, as soon as the Giants game was over I switched channels.

JammieWearingFool on September 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM

pedestrian on September 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM

rotflmao….

hahaha they are one of the most vocal backers of the fairness doctrine IIRC and are basically a free O’bambi campaign ad….

priceless.

sven10077 on September 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM

pedestrian on September 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM

They ran the DNC. For nothing.

They are using public airwaves. Where’s the fairness?

jaime on September 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Thank yous to all that help push this over the top:

KOS, DU, HUFPO, TNR, AP, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, WAPO, MSNBC, and CNN. I’m sorry if I forgot anybody out there but know I do thank you for all of your help.

jukin on September 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

carbon_footprint on September 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Snort

Ya gotta LOVE double standards.

Marine_Bio on September 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Spirit of 1776

I think you can add Mac’s line about “Americans don’t watch history. Americans make history” to the list. I know I loved it.

raz0r on September 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

I can’t believe there is still support around here for him. – Valiant on September 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Believ it. Now move on.

ManlyRash on September 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Here is the speech in MP3 form.

chiefeditor on September 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Although McCain’s speech was not a barn buster, IMHO, I think it is still great that so many people tuned in. It will allow them to judge for themselves the accuracy of the media/Obama camp spin about McCain’s supposed rancor, partisanship, etc.

At the end of the day, I gotta’ believe that the folks who watched both speeches and whose votes are in truly in play recognize the fundamental difference between a smooth-talking politician with a rock concert set and an earnest public servant who has dedicated his life to his country.

Y-not on September 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Thank yous to all that help push this over the top:

jukin on September 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Our special operatives indeed…

they are like an earnest puppy chasing their tail they just simply do not know what they are doing for us.

sven10077 on September 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Didn’t Obama appear on the Cartoon Network as well?

After all, dead people and housepets vote for Democrats, why not the minor-American community?

If the Democrats can figure out how to give fetal-Americans the right to cast multiple votes for Democrats, we can all finally agree on a ban on abortion.

NoDonkey on September 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

They chant Obama’s name.
We chant USA.

MadisonConservative on September 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

I’ve really liked that about the convention. I know it seems cheesy to some people, but I think it’s actually true with us. We really are proud Americans.

Esthier on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

pedestrian on September 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM

They ran the DNC. For nothing.

They are using public airwaves. Where’s the fairness?

jaime on September 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM
—–
NO. NO “fairness doctrine”. NO.

(besides, thought BET was cable-only…)

We do need to get some conservative programming out there, but this is not how to go about it.

Mew

acat on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

dude, that was a booming double off the left field wall. mccain took third when the cutoff throw air mailed the short stop and ended up in the visiting dugout where is struck a code pinko above the left temple and lodged itself under her ‘no war for oil’ protest sign.

DrW on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Valiant on September 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Surprise, I guess!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

carbon_footprint on September 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM

For shame. Next you will want to join the NAAWP….Come to think of it, we are a minority now so maybe it will be OK.

saiga on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Yeah, if you chanted U-S-A at the Democrat convention, you’d probably get a hammer and sickle slammed upside your head.

NoDonkey on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Y-not on September 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Somewhat preaching to the choir, but I’ll say it.

Amen.

Marine_Bio on September 5, 2008 at 3:21 PM

This is wrong. While I give BET a pass as it’s really an entertainment network, Telemundo and Univision should have been covering at least McCain’s speech. Spanish speaking voters deserve to be able to watch the speeches from both candidates.

This is terrible that Univision and Telemundo did not cover McCain’s speech.

gabriel sutherland on September 5, 2008 at 3:21 PM

had Maverick’s speech been a home run rather than a bloop double.

I know McCain was getting mostly walks & singles, but I believe his last at bat at the Convention is going to be remembered for many, many years by millions of Americans:

Stand up! Stand up! Stand up and fight! Nothing is inevitable here! We’re Americans, and we never give up! We never quit! We never hide from history! We make history!

That was and is incredibly awe inspiring.

Loxodonta on September 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM

had Maverick’s speech been a home run rather than a bloop double.

That was and is incredibly awe inspiring.

Loxodonta on September 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM

That’s a signature moment in life, in history, etc…. That is like JFK’s “Ask not.”

indythinker on September 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM

NO. NO “fairness doctrine”. NO.

Yeah, I was just joking about that.

(besides, thought BET was cable-only…)

I was giving them a break on that point. Since corporations aren’t allowed to contribute to campaigns, the president of BET should go to jail for illegal campaign contributions to the DNC.

jaime on September 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM

McCain is a celebrity and an American hero.

Obama is a celebrity and, um, a community organizer.

Dusty on September 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM

The football game allowed them to miss the warm up acts.

tarpon on September 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM

This is terrible that Univision and Telemundo did not cover McCain’s speech.

Read it again. They did cover McCain’s speech; they didn’t cover Palin’s.

Allahpundit on September 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM

B-b-but… he didn’t write it?

Jim Treacher on September 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM

raz0r on September 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Yes, that’s a good one too.

The beauty of it is that we never have to watch the, pardon me, duller moments again. And his high notes were crystal shattering. He did very well in the spots that he did well and that, like all excellent, sticks in the mind.

I’m thrilled it was seen by so many people and I completely agree, though my problems with John McCain are extremely well cataloged on HA, that his genuineness was a tremendous asset and selling point that came through in spades last night.

Spirit of 1776 on September 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM

This is terrible that Univision and Telemundo did not cover McCain’s speech.

gabriel sutherland on September 5, 2008 at 3:21 PM

the absolute LAST thing the Dems want is for CATHOLIC Hispanic women to see Palin (strong Pro Life woman) and McCain (Mr. Amnesty).

If Latino’s actualy knew what this Republican ticket was saying on issues important to them? ouch…

Romeo13 on September 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Spirit of 1776 on September 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Agreed – plus you need to apply a bit of Mcluhanism to comparing political speeches: Even in the era of widescreen HD, a speaker on TV has been invited into your home. Obama was a dangerous doofus who you were afraid might knock over a lamp with his waving arms and wake up the kids with his unhinged shouting. McCain was a guy talking with you and telling you a story.

The climax of the McCain speech was built to be a kind of re-mastering of a moment that has frequently appeared in McCain commercials – the “we can do it, we are Americans” pep talk before a cheering crowd. Contrary to what someone else said above, there was much in the speech that we, or battleground voters, can expect to see again and again – a McCain pep talk “amidst” (thus the staging change) a cheering throng. Truman for our time – and also the coach a wayward country needs.

The Obamanauts wanted to portray the One as virtually already President with those styrofoam columns, just as with the Presidential Seal and the Berlin speech. It’s because they want to remove uncertainty about him. But they can’t help but also emphasize two counter-messages, as accenturated by the McCain campaign: 1) The guy’s a fake, and also 2) he’s already “made history” (no need to overdo by actually making him President on a lark). On this note, it’s ironic and I hope telling that the shout “Enough!” was the most memorable moment of Obama’s speech.

CK MacLeod on September 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Of course, as a Redskins fan, the other value for me of last night’s convention program was having alternative viewing available. (What happened to our secondary for pete’s sake?) Joe Gibbs’ appearance gave me a warm fuzzy.

Y-not on September 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Univision and Telemundo

Aren’t they owned by Keith Olbermann’s fan club?

indythinker on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Stop it, Ed.

McCain did not hit a bloop double.

He hit the 7-10 split. And Obama threw a gutter ball.

rockmom on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Hypothesis:

1. BO gave middling speech last week;

2. MSM created huge curiousity about Palin;

3. People got their first look at Palin and said, “SECOND LOOK AT McCAIN!”

Karl on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

…this did not include those of us who watched live stream, right?

oh well…

*** McCAIN / PALIN ’08 !!! ***

Lockstein13 on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

The “Fairness Doctrine” in action.

Blaise on September 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM

“McCain is a celebrity and an American hero.

Obama is a celebrity and, um, a community organizer.”

Obama is a celebrity hero.

NoDonkey on September 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Heh.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Remember how we complained as kids when anything political came on and it was on every damned channel? Of course, we only had 3 national networks, 2 local channels, and PBS. So we had to turn it over to whatever crap was on the channels that became Fox and the WB (or whatever it’s been renamed to now).

The good ‘ole days but we didn’t know it yet.

Now, you kids get off my lawn!

slug on September 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM

CK, agreed. A speech vs. a conversation. That is a point that can’t be dismissed. I mean Rudy is a great example, he completely invited everyone into his speech.

Haha, true.

Spirit of 1776 on September 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Y-not on September 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I can’t believe I missed that. I adore Joe Gibbs. He would be a great surrogate f they can get him. Hugely popular with the NASCAR crowd and throughout Virginia and Maryland.

rockmom on September 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Barry, that sound you hear is “career” headed down the ol’ water closet.

PappaMac on September 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM

It turns out having McCain speak right after the NFL opening game of the season was absolutely brilliant. There are a lot of male undecided voters out there and a lot of them watched McCain last night.

indythinker on September 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Hypothesis:

1. BO gave middling speech last week;

2. MSM created huge curiousity about Palin;

3. People got their first look at Palin and said, “SECOND LOOK AT McCAIN!”

Karl on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM
—–

Concur.

Between those who are just starting to look and those who are taking a second look, McCain got quite an audience.

Mew

acat on September 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

“Remember how we complained as kids when anything political came on and it was on every damned channel?”

I remember the Watergate hearings canceling my cartoons.

So I started hating Democrats early on.

NoDonkey on September 5, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I mean this half-jokingly, but it was a little discombobulating switching between NBC showing the Redskins and C-SPAN showing Joe Gibbs.

indythinker on September 5, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Stop it, Ed.

McCain did not hit a bloop double.

He hit the 7-10 split. And Obama threw a gutter ball.

rockmom on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

It was the inciteful™ Allahpundit that got to me, per usual, and all these sports analogies are beginning to make my head spin. Can we stick with something like awesomely awesome, please?

Loxodonta on September 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM

DrW on September 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM
dude, that was a booming double off the left field wall.

Heh. Perfect.

labwriter on September 5, 2008 at 3:40 PM

I started to nod off during McCain’s speech and felt guilty about it. So I braced myself and saw it through to the end. There is only one rational conclusion.

Sarah Palin is an alpha female in a contest with 3 delta males. She is the only one with an unimpeachable character and unwaffled political views.

HelenW on September 5, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I wish I would have watched BET or Telemundo before, only so I could stop watching now. Dangit.
And for the record, the RNC needs to clip the final crescendo of Maverick rattling off the “fight with me” “stand with me” stuff over the roaring crowd and continually loop that baby in every battleground state. Make THAT the memory of the speech. It’s all f*&^%ing spin, right? Hell, they’ve got the money now. Media blitz baby!

Sugar Land on September 5, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I stayed up to watch the speech, and I’m paying for it today. I’m glad I saw it, even though I thought Palin’s was better. Still, he reminded me of how proud I am to be an American.

Also, not that my daughter is old enough to count, she saw parts of the Palin speech too. I want to make sure the indoctrination in school has nothing to stick on with my kids. : )

Anna on September 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM

indythinker on September 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Not only that, but while all the medn were watching the NFL, the RNC put up all the squishy RINOs, ran the film about Sarah Palin, and then brought out Cindy McCain with their seven children, while all the women were watching.

Best. Campaign. Ever.

rockmom on September 5, 2008 at 3:54 PM

We watched the speeches by Palin and Mccain on PMSNBC, not because we can stand Olberman, et al, but because my wife is hearing-impaired, and for some reason Fox News had no closed- captioning! What’s up here? Can’t Fox News afford some closed-captioning?

etaoinshrdlu on September 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM

I had the Giants on the moneyline and they won so life started out good.

I wouldn’t look into the ratings as really mattering all that much. Between football and the Palin circus I expected McCain to draw a big crowd. What will be interesting is when the VP debate draws a bigger TV audience then the prez debates. The Obama crowd will go ape when that happens.

grdred944 on September 5, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I watched on Fox with closed captioning.

Buford Gooch on September 5, 2008 at 3:58 PM

AP, ask Louis Gonzalez how it feels to hit a blooper.

2001 World Series – Arizona Diamondbacks vs. New York Yankees.

Gonzalez came to the plate in the bottom of the 9th inning of game 7, with the game at a 2-2 tie, the bases loaded and 1 out. The Yankee pitcher was Mariano Rivera, one of the game’s most feared closers with an especially good record in the postseason. Gonzalez swung at one of Rivera’s pitches and hit a bloop single into left field that won the 2001 World Series for Arizona.

That’s why they play the games and it ain’t over ’til it’s over!

Mr_Magoo on September 5, 2008 at 4:03 PM

What a great speech after a lackluster performance of my Washington Redskins! I was feeling down about the game that they could have won, but then McCain came on and suddenly I felt a lot better. I loved the fact that he just laughed off the looney protester(paging Ron Paul), saying something about ground noise and static. LOL!

McCain/Palin 08!!!

bryan2369 on September 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

I thought the speech was very strong. It didn’t having me standing up and cheering like Palin’s, but I found it very ‘presidential’. There were many lines that really tugged at me, and I liked his somewhat awkward, humble delivery. It was very real. Palin made me cry with pride and excitement. McCain made me cry with patriotism and respect. The two together have me crying with joy that there might actually be HOPE for us yet.

I need a tissue.

pannw on September 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM

But…But…But…Why didn’t BET and TVone show any of the RNC???

Obviously they’re RAAAAAAAAAACISTS !!!

RocketmanBob on September 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM

The tide…..she’s turning…..

FiveWays on September 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Fair and balanced, right? F*** ‘em.

After all that Obama Invesco Field build up, McCain’s being cast as the celeb. That’s rich. Even the Dems don’t believe their spin. How can a guy be a celeb after Paris Hilton tweaked him (good naturedly, of course) as “the old white-haired dude”?

Speaking of Paris, how about this for a McCain ad: get Paris to do an ad touting McCain’s energy policy (citing differences from Obama–say on nuclear and voting). Then, near the end of the ad have McCain stroll in from stage left with Paris cooing over him and concluding, “Vote for John McCain. He, his running mate, and their energy policy are so hot.”

I can see the gray matter exploding out of Olby’s ears now!

BuckeyeSam on September 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM

The tide…..she’s turning…..

FiveWays on September 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM

The Waters are rising! Quick Obama-sama, do something~!

/iSarc

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on September 5, 2008 at 4:12 PM

I think the reason Univision and Telemundo did not cover Palin’s speech is that she was overdressed.

bloggless on September 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM

He isn’t getting enough bump

tomas on September 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Allah:

I thought McCain’s speech was pretty damn good. He is not Olivier, his rhetoric does not soar..but he is the real deal and I think that came across.

And most of those viewers knew when they tuned in that McCain was not known as eloquent. So I doubt that they were disappointed. Unless of course they had completely unrealistic expectations in the first place.

Terrye on September 5, 2008 at 4:48 PM

tomas:

Bump? I think we need to give it sometime. It took a week to see any bump for Obama.

Terrye on September 5, 2008 at 4:49 PM

I hope your right…The possibility of having the house the senate and the presidency in democrat hands makes me quite ill.

tomas on September 5, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Drudge Report:

FLASH: MCCAIN SPEECH BEATS OBAMA BY 500,000 VIEWS…

MCCAIN SPEECH 10-11:15PM

FOXNEWS 9.2 MILLION
NBC 8.7 MILLION
ABC: 6.0 MILLION
CBS: 5.3 MILLION
CNN 4.8 MILLION
MSNBC 2.5 MILLION

FiveWays on September 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Hypothesis:

1. BO gave middling speech last week;

2. MSM created huge curiousity about Palin;

3. People got their first look at Palin and said, “SECOND LOOK AT McCAIN!”

Karl on September 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Let me re-phrase that:

1. BO gave middling speech last week;

2. MSM created huge curiousity about Palin;

3. People got their first look at Palin and said, “SECOND LOOK AT McCAIN!”

4. ????

5. Profit!

pseudonominus on September 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM

But Obama is more popular in Germany though. You have to look at the bright side on these things if you are a Dem.

Corsair on September 5, 2008 at 5:40 PM