Video: Megyn Kelly destroys Us Weekly bottom-feeder over Palin story

posted at 6:55 pm on September 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

“Babies, Lies, and Scandal” runs the front-cover headline over a photo of the Barracuda. What exactly are the “lies,” asks Kelly? Simply the lies that are being told about Palin, comes the reply from this galactic tool, live on satellite hook-up from the media’s tank for Obama.

And it’s all downhill from there.

Not really an interview so much as a cross-examination. Awesome.

Comments

I hope they read it while in the check out line and put it back on the shelf upside down and backwards like the POS it is…

How’s that for a final word?

TheCulturalist on September 4, 2008 at 12:34 AM

PALIN / KELLY in 2012!!

Griz on September 4, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Ok so not all lawyers are bad…right?

HawaiiLwyr on September 3, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Jury’s still out.

Tho I concede Ms. Kelly is persuasive evidence supporting your case.

soundingboard on September 4, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Gee- was that Kos’ boyfriend?

FiveWays on September 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Ya gotta admit..our side has the most intelligant women EVAH!

Sarah Palin
Megan Kelly
Laura Ingraham
Tammy Bruce
Ann Coulter
Michelle Malkin (the Boss)
Mary Kathrine Ham
Monica Crowley
Cindy McCain
and alot more that I know I’m forgetting at this moment.

We also have the Babe factor. Hello!!!!

Did you all notice how much more attractive the women at our convention are than the women at the DNC?

The liberal feminazis have a scowl and pinched look on their faces.

Winebabe on September 4, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Finally, someone demanding accountability from the scum. Why doesn’t this happen more often? Who and what are we afraid of?

Halley on September 4, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Too bad she didn’t ask why no story on Rezko or AYers

clnurnberg on September 4, 2008 at 1:15 AM

Too bad she didn’t ask why no story on Rezko or AYers

clnurnberg on September 4, 2008 at 1:15 AM

Resko? Ayers? Who are they? One might think you were talking about a criminal or a terrorist or something.

Johan Klaus on September 4, 2008 at 1:48 AM

Is she single?

coyoterex on September 4, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Nice job, Megyn. I’m glad there are level-headed news media folk who are holding lousy media folk accountable.

jediwebdude on September 4, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Galactic tool indeed. Never let the facts get in the way of a “good” story.

infidel4life on September 4, 2008 at 2:19 AM

“But it was a huge breaking story over the weekend– we didn’t have TIME to investigate EVERY angle…”

Out with the garbage, jerk.

leftnomore on September 4, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Winebabe on September 4, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Leftist tools are always befuddled by strong, conservative women. Anyone who represents a threat to their “media-created” celebs must be destroyed. Let them keep it up. There are lots of “hockey moms” who will see this trash while standing in the checkout line at Wal-Mart. My guess is that they will take note and vote accordingly. We’ll see.

Ramlady on September 4, 2008 at 3:46 AM

That guy got ROASTED by Megyn! She was 100% spot on at every turn and further exposed US Weekly for the sham rag that most people already know it is.
His double talking trying to justify his attack story was a complete joke.

Great job, Megyn.

Megyn Kelly for attorney general!

MannyT-vA on September 4, 2008 at 4:28 AM

yowza!

a righteous brow-beating from a seriously lovely lady!

am i the only one seeing a theme emerge here?

two words: “bring it!”

homesickamerican on September 4, 2008 at 7:30 AM

Way to go Megyn. I cannot tell you how much of a pleasure it was watching this guy get destroyed.

jdsmith0021 on September 4, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Winebabe on September 4, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Yeah, I’ve noticed but don’t tell my wife.

As for the interview, the best part was at the end when Megan handed off to Bill Hemmer(?) and she sat there with a skeptical smirk on her face before they cut away. I thought it summed up the entire interview. That guy didn’t have a chance.

You go girl!

JohnnyD on September 4, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Wow, that was awesomely awesome.

One of the things I am most enjoying about this campaign is seeing some new faces covering it. Megyn Kelly is a star in the making herself. So is Chuck Todd at NBC. Even Campbell Brown, despite her nasty inteview on Tuesday, is refreshing to watch.

rockmom on September 4, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Megyn Kelly is the ‘Sarah Palin’ of Fox News…a HUGE star, with chops as a lawyer and journalist. Smart, strong, beautiful, funny and sharp!

ArmchairEnergist on September 4, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Ya gotta admit..our side has the most intelligant women EVAH!

Sarah Palin
Megan Kelly
Laura Ingraham
Tammy Bruce
Ann Coulter
Michelle Malkin (the Boss)
Mary Kathrine Ham
Monica Crowley
Cindy McCain
and alot more that I know I’m forgetting at this moment.

We also have the Babe factor. Hello!!!!

The liberal feminazis have a scowl and pinched look on their faces.

Winebabe on September 4, 2008 at 12:59 AM

I would add Laura Bush and Ann Coulter to that list and, though she is out of favor around here right now, I think Peggy Noonan is quite lovely.

Glynn on September 4, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Megyn was way too rough on that guy. She should have a little sympathy. Doesn’t she realize what he went through to get that job being jann wenner’s butt boy?

peacenprosperity on September 4, 2008 at 9:34 AM

though she is out of favor around here

Because rinos hate her. I love her because I love hearing the truth spoken out loud.

peacenprosperity on September 4, 2008 at 9:36 AM

What’s the difference between a Fox News Babe and a pit bull?

RogerOnTheRight on September 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM

This is just the tip of the iceberg of attacking the MSM. Keep up the attacks, the MSM is losing readership and most are not anything more then a typical rag sheet.

right2bright on September 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Glynn– Noonan redeemed herself yesterday, wrote an article last night on the open mike thing. Seems plausible to me.

RogerOnTheRight on September 4, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Ya gotta admit..our side has the most intelligant women EVAH!

Sarah Palin
Megan Kelly
Laura Ingraham
Tammy Bruce
Ann Coulter
Michelle Malkin (the Boss)
Mary Kathrine Ham
Monica Crowley
Cindy McCain
and alot more that I know I’m forgetting at this moment.

We also have the Babe factor. Hello!!!!

The liberal feminazis have a scowl and pinched look on their faces.

Winebabe on September 4, 2008 at 12:59 AM

That’s because the left has women that have been scarred by their own evil for so many years.

leetpriest on September 4, 2008 at 10:20 AM

The Sr. Editor for US would not know fair and balanced if it hit him in the face. I have read the article and it was approved by a WHIMP (White Heterosexuals in Meno Pause).

I sense that the WHIMP’s photo shopped the real US cover shown on Michelle Malkin’s blog.

US Weekly is a rag that shares the rack with the other rags such as the Examiner, Inquirer, and other E.T. mongers. The title says alot. US indicates its focus is on the Me Me Me generation. Further, US can never say it represents the U.S. because it does not have any periods.

MSGTAS on September 4, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I would love to see Megyn take on some of the NYT and WSJ pinheads!

theRealMcCoy on September 4, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Line from the movie ‘True Grit’ comes to mind.

‘You haven’t done nothing when you’ve bested a fool!’

PappaMac on September 4, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Take the magazines and put them in plain site in the feminine hygiene or bath soap aisles. The women who read US will never find them.

GoodBoy on September 4, 2008 at 10:35 AM

That Megan is smoking is several ways.

TheSitRep on September 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Personally, I think he was right to describe the article as “measured.” He measured the distance between objective reporting and his article, found that it could be measured using an odometer, and he was satisfied with that measurement. (“Miles and miles and miles and miles…”)

EWTHeckman on September 4, 2008 at 10:45 AM

The face Megyn makes at the end of the interview is PRICELESS. The slight head cock just read “Dude, you are the entire toolbox on this.” Awesome.

pt on September 4, 2008 at 10:46 AM

..anybody else hear that snipping sound?

That doofus looks like that guy on Arrested Development–shark smile and all.

nyrofan on September 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Did Megyn give him his nuts back when she was finished with them?

Frozen Tex on September 4, 2008 at 1:04 PM

I wouldn’t read that piece of crap anyways. Good God it’s almost funny to watch these “journalists” tank while trying to defend their “reporting”. Megyn did a great job, she could have been even harder on him and it would have been totally in bounds.

4shoes on September 4, 2008 at 1:38 PM

They should rename US to USELESS after that on-air ass-whuppin. I’ll never even glance at that rag AND Rolling Stone ever again!!!

bryan2369 on September 4, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Megan Kelly is one of my favorites on FNC…

dalec on September 4, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Also, Bradley is hereby renamed Galactool the Effeminate.

bryan2369 on September 4, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Further, US [Weekly] can never say it represents the U.S. because it does not have any periods.
$nbsp;
MSGTAS on September 4, 2008 at 10:21 AM

You’re exactly right! No periods… just eternal PMS.

Mary in LA on September 4, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Good looking…and a nutcracker. Love it!!!

joeyb1955 on September 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM

an equivalent cover on the big O would have said something like, “Obama, why he loves other women besides Michelle” then the story itself would reveal that the ‘other women’ are his Mother and Grandmother. IMHO

brewser on September 4, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Is anyone adept at tracking down email addresses of the rich and famous (Jann Wenner)?

Mr_Magoo on September 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Yes, but, if I published it, I’d be ruined, if not already what with my disdain for Obama and his supporters (includes donors).

I agree that Megyn’s work with this, uhh, idiot from US Magazine was excellent. I only wish she’d had more air time to do so. My confidence in FOX is amplified every time Megyn Kelly, Neil Cavuto, Brit Hume and Sean Hannity take the airwaves (but they really need to do something about Colmes).

How about that work O’Reilly’s begun with the Obama interview? Saw first portion last night, rest is due to broadcast next week in Monday-through-Wednesday segments (at least I know Monday/Tuesday, not sure about Wednesday).

Fox should give Megyn Kelly more lead altogether. Let her do more of these “interviews with the ~media~.”

S on September 5, 2008 at 3:44 AM

That was the statement that had me laughing way out loud.

S on September 5, 2008 at 3:47 AM

I am SO tempted to photochop a cover of US…I can feel that tingle…it’s not going to be pretty, be forewarned.

S on September 5, 2008 at 3:49 AM

Metrosexual? Hah! That suggests ambiguity. Nothing of the sort. This is a total eunuch who should be pitied not vilified. His mother is the culprit here. She should be excoriated. Everyone who sees her should scorn her for producing such a “son”.

aloysiusmiller on September 5, 2008 at 8:00 AM

What would the response be if there was a photo of Senator Obama wearing muslim garb on the cover with a headline “The Truth About Obama’s Muslim Heritage” on the cover and somewhere in the story, a comment of “He isn’t a muslim”.?

CC