Quote of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on September 1, 2008 by Allahpundit

“I think they have to be held accountable… She has to be held accountable.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

seejanemom on September 2, 2008 at 6:48 AM

Considering your remarks about Kennedy I thought you and the person in the audience and you are probably related…

Bradky on September 2, 2008 at 7:05 AM

wasn’t it an Obama supporter who said Obama expects the media to take up his attacks. Do we know who said that?

tomas on September 2, 2008 at 7:10 AM

alphie is here. I would say that between alphie and freevillage this thread can be declared a dung pile..time to move on as they say.

Terrye on September 2, 2008 at 7:12 AM

The interesting thing to me in all this is that Obama was able to hide Jeremiah Wright and Tony Rezko and all sorts of stuff so well for so long with the disinterested press in all, and Palin is not on the ticket for more than 48 hours and the vultures are circling. I wonder why that is? It almost speaks of a double standard.

Terrye on September 2, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Terrye on September 2, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Not so much as it tells the story quite clearly of the agenda driven press. How many reporters are dissapointed that they didn’t get the video they hoped for, massive death in New Orleans from a hurricane? How many reporters are going to follow any leads on a candidate they want to win?

On the other hand, how many are going to constantly hound any conservative claiming hypocrisy? How often do we hear about the press cheering when Obama speaks? Matthews with his leg comes to mind? Republicans barely manage to keep from groaning when McCain speaks. No, it’s an agenda driven news system. The agenda is clear, they want liberals in power, and the liberal answer is the proper one. Most Journalism students think they’re going to change the world. It’s funny, but for some reason, I haven’t heard many poly sci students say the same thing. Perhaps that’s why Palin is so effective, because she is a Journalism Major, and thus believes she can change the world.

Snake307 on September 2, 2008 at 7:25 AM

Christian values

1. Love God, love your family, love your neighbor, and be an example of charity to those too abusive to say thank you.
2. Do not judge others. Your plate if full enough with your own imperfections.
3. Do not expect ideal perfection from any but God. Humans fall short.
4. Babies are absolutely innocent, and to be loved, protected, and raised to become good people.

Taking responsibility for your own choices is a good thing. When you fall short, Christian values teach repentance of abusive behavior and to pray for good outcomes in difficult circumstances.

The hypocrisy that fuels hardship and public condemnation for a youth’s difficulty come from cold, hard hearts that take pleasure inflicting pain on others. Enabling and perpetuating abuse in is direct contradiction to Jesus’ teachings.

The Palin family is as all American as can be. They are good people, working hard to take care of each other and to do all they can for their country in hard times.

maverick muse on September 2, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Palin minored in political science, majored in journalism. But to attribute Palin’s mind to her degree plan misses her essence. Her choices in studies enable her ideas into achievements.

maverick muse on September 2, 2008 at 7:43 AM

I’m with maverick muse. I couldnt have said it better myself.
Thanks, MM.

abcurtis on September 2, 2008 at 8:09 AM

I must be off my game! Terrye you are spot on! It is truly amazing that the BLOODhounds of the left managed to break this story so quickly when for months and months all we knew of the Obamassiah was he looked good walking out of he water ala Daniel Craig

stu.b.con on September 2, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Trolls 1, Hot Air 0.

RushBaby on September 2, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Having read almost the entire thread, I leave it with that impresssion foremost in mind. It was thought-provoking and informative until we allowed the trolls to divert it.

petefrt on September 2, 2008 at 8:25 AM

I had enough sense not to have sex until I was in my 20s.

freevillage on September 2, 2008 at 12:30 AM

I can’t say I agree with you on many issues, but this,at least, was smart behavior on your part. I’ve seen many women seriously hurt themselves this way. In 65 years, I’ve learned life’s rules aren’t that difficult, but following them is.

Elsewhere, I notice you mention a wife. Considering your handle, I wonder if you have any little “hamlets”? [Joke]

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 2, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Bradky on September 2, 2008 at 7:05 AM</blockquote

Step away from your bong and stop typing double, dude.

And my comments about Kennedy stand. He is a tumor.

Thanks for being such a loyal troll of my blog.

seejanemom on September 2, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Barry O, in his own words, wouldn’t want his daughters punished with a baby.

Bristol Palin will be honored to have her baby, the grandchild of the Governor, and possibly of the Vice President.

Steve Z on September 2, 2008 at 9:33 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how “ABC” would never say it, but…………GOLLY GEE Beav…if some bloated chauvinist, mouth breathing PUS BAG in the unwashed audience of an Obiden cultfest says it……..well then…..

WE GOTTA PRINT THAT nugget of wisdom.

seejanemom on September 2, 2008 at 6:48 AM

We need to focus on this. Kos preaches to the choir, CNN is losing market share to Fox every day and, in terms of viewership, MSNBC is a cable-access channel.

NBCABCCBS – that’s where the damage gets done. The rabbit-ear stations are where the vast majority of the trailer park set get their news.

logis on September 2, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Christian values

2. Do not judge others. Your plate if full enough with your own imperfections.
3. Do not expect ideal perfection from any but God. Humans fall short.

maverick muse on September 2, 2008 at 7:39 AM

And the values of liberals are the precise opposite of that. No wonder they refer to themselves as “anti-Christ.”

logis on September 2, 2008 at 9:55 AM

So the movie Juno, which is about teen pregnacy, is lauded and critically acclaimed; yet when it happens in real life, to real people, then

she has to be held accountable.

m064404 on September 2, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Lifting passages from the Bible and claiming that they have some sort of meaning vis-a-vis something like teenage pregnancy discounts the depth and history of the texts in question. When you simplify something as complex as the Bible by turning it into a self-help book for Christian families, you insult its rich heritage.
Melchiz on September 2, 2008 at 4:16 AM

You’ll have to enlighten me with regard to how I was taking Scripture out of context. I’m quite certain about the context and author’s intent on this verse:
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” ~1 Timothy 3:16-17

Send_Me on September 2, 2008 at 4:44 PM