Video: Red State Update on the Palin pick

posted at 12:00 pm on August 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Not the first time they’ve captured grassroots consensus in a three-minute video bottle. Money quote: “There’s always a catch.”

The Bullwinkle ad seems oddly plausible somehow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When they are on they are on…

GO SARAH!

sven10077 on August 31, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Oh wow….imagine they went “there” the way to approach it in person is to mock them making fun of her beauty and if talking to a moderate and/or independent woman say…”all Conservative women are beautiful they have integrity”.

sven10077 on August 31, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I love these guys. I visit their site at least once a week, just for a good laugh. They should have a TV show.

ErinF on August 31, 2008 at 12:06 PM

LMFAO at the Bullwinkle ad! LOLOLOL!

lansing quaker on August 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Pawlenty was our surge general…he has more talent in his little finger than any other politician combined. he commands the info and situation…He just isn’t a Greg Brady.

tomas on August 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM

I must have only been paying 1/2 attention when I watched this the other day. It’s better the 2nd time!

Spirit of 1776 on August 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

There’s always a catch

Yeah, well there’s always 2012.

Guardian on August 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

That was pretty funny.

nailinmyeye on August 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

“What’d she do, look at it?” LOL

AdrianG on August 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

BRILLIANT!

fossten on August 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

The Bullwinkle bit was good.

And a good way to imagine Obama and Biden. Bambi and Bullwinkle.

Can’t wait for Palin to serve up some moose stew at the VP debate.

(And of course, the “there’s always a catch.” line hit the mark, didn’t it.)

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM

crippled chinaman

Please dude. The preferred nomenclature is “Asian-American”.

D0WNT0WN on August 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Who’s this McCain guy I keep hearing about?

Star20 on August 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM

SARAH’CUDA…yeah, baby. Time to take down Bullwinkle.

ManlyRash on August 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Who’s this McCain guy I keep hearing about?

Star20 on August 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM

The great American who is gonna pass the torch to our next Candidate for POTUS as she gfrows into the job and put to bed the lie that this party does not reward successful self-made women.

sven10077 on August 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Golden.

I need that pic of Palin wielding that gorgeous piece of hardware.

Bullwinke’s strong, principled objection to Palin is so laughable as if they ever crossed paths she’d have him pwned!

PolitiNOOB on August 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

LOL. “…Hillary Clinton put 18,000,000 cracks in the ceiling…what did she do? Look at it?…”

Sue on August 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

He just isn’t a Greg Brady. – tomas on August 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM

True. Then again, he isn’t on the ticket.

ManlyRash on August 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

“That whole ‘TAKE HER ON THE TUNDRA’ thang”

That would be on the back of his 4×4.

And can we PLEEZ stop calling her SON TRIG, “IT”! I am already sick of that “special needs” child meme. It is WONDERFUL, but it is PATRONIZING.

seejanemom on August 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

John Woo Style!!!

Their comments regarding her special needs child could’ve been distasteful but they really hit hard against those who are dismissive of bringing such a child into the world and loving it.

Yakko77 on August 31, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Awesome. I knew that picture from Kuwait would make it’s way in there somehow!

Renwaa on August 31, 2008 at 12:15 PM

And I always thought Boris and Natasha were the commies on that show

flyoverland on August 31, 2008 at 12:15 PM

“There’s always a catch.”

Funniest part of the clip.

Weebork on August 31, 2008 at 12:15 PM

seejanemom on August 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Good point. I have a cousin with Down’s Syndrome and we call him by his name of course.

Yakko77 on August 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Haha @ Hillary cracking the glass by looking at it.

SouthernGent on August 31, 2008 at 12:17 PM

So I’ve been reading and watching, and…

Here’s something: The talking heads–many of them–are blathering on and on about the supposition that by picking Palin, McCain has wasted his greatest argument, the argument of experience.

But I wonder. It occurs to me that more importantly, what he might just have done is steal Barry’s whole reason for being right our from under him.

For ever, it seems, we’ve been bombarded by Barry with the word change.

And there’s no doubt many want a new direction. Hell, I didn’t know until I actually heard it from McCain’s own lips that he’d picked Palin how much I wanted it myself.

So here we have Barry, who’s been haranguing us about change for so long that he’s become a fixture, and what’s he do? He gives us Nancy and Teddy the K and Bill and Hillary singing all their golden oldies about the trails and tribulations of living in mean old America.

Then just to show he’s not fooling, he gives us the fake-teeth, fake-hair embodiment of the good-old boy insider as his running mate; the man no one really dislikes but no one takes at all seriously, Joe Biden.

And just in case you didn’t get the message, he gets 40 million Americans to tune into a speech that could have been given by Kerry or Dukakis or Carter.

I was only fooling on that change thing, folks. Kind of like–well, you know, everything else I’ve promised you.

If–and it is indeed a big if–Sarah Palin impresses America as she seems so easily to have impressed all those before who have gotten to know her, you can stick a fork in Barry O.

He’s done.

Typhoon on August 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

True. Then again, he isn’t on the ticket.

ManlyRash on August 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Don’t you mean, “The CHICKet“?

***thank you..thank you…thankyouverymuch*** I bought that domain name a couple minutes after she was announced. It is only a matter of time before that is what the Bubbas will be calling it.

seejanemom on August 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I’m just another redneck Texan who spend over twenty years in the US Army and lived in more than five different countries, but my new hero is Sarah Palin.

WildBillK on August 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I don’t know what you guys see in these two…ugh…

JetBoy on August 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Fringe Kooks contingency plan Enjoy!

sonnyspats1 on August 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Methinks Obama should have picked Bullwinkle. :)

irishspy on August 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Classic!

dugan on August 31, 2008 at 12:23 PM

That one’s a keeper.

RedWinged Blackbird on August 31, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Typhoon on August 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

The talking heads are just upset that their Romney (4 more houses!) joke doesn’t get to be used now.

lorien1973 on August 31, 2008 at 12:31 PM

The world can be a dangerous place. If you were out huntin’ moose, wild boars, or bear in the wild’s of the world, who would you rather have leading you? Sarah Palin or Obama/Biden?

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Washington is terrified of the change Sarah Palin will bring to them…

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:35 PM

That was funny! FOX TV should have had these guys on that flop of a comedy that was their answer to The Dailey Show.

Chimpy on August 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I bet she could drink Hillary (and the rest of the Demos
for that matter) under the table.

And how about this–McCain serves one term and hands it over to Palin in ’12?

m064404 on August 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Off-topic….just what percentage of the time has The Dali Bama and Juan “Z-Visa” McCain voted together???

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM

PRICELESS !!!!

MAVERICK/SARAHCUDA ’08

RocketmanBob on August 31, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Easily their best yet. I laughed pretty good at that. Good stuff.

Dash on August 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM

And how about this–McCain serves one term and hands it over to Palin in ‘12?
m064404 on August 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM

He could only hand it to her if he was re-elected and then stepped down the day after. Palin, Just like Al Gore and George HW Bush would seek the party’s nomination and get the most votes. But of course you are right, he brought Palin to the ticket and hopefully to the administration where she should be very much in the news and take as active a role in her capacity as VP so that when the time comes, she can attract the support to possibly be president.

And that would be wonderful. All she has to do is continue being great at what she does and listen to her advisers and her heart to avoid the potholes in the road ahead.

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM

That was pretty funny.

Bob's Kid on August 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Juan “Z-Visa” McCain
DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Good grief.

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 12:43 PM

There’s always a catch! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My sentiments exactly!!!!

conservnut on August 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM

“I dont care what the Democrats or Bullwinkle say” needs to be a bumper sticker. Right now.

Dash on August 31, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Juan “Z-Visa” McCain
DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Good grief.

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Yeah, it’s real bitch to have to hear that huh? If Juan “Z-Visa” McCain would come out and repudiate his AMNESTY PLAN for continued enforcement of our laws and deportations of Illegal aliens here in America? McCain would beat The Dali Bama by at least 13%!!! I guarantee it!!!!!

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Maverick ‘n Moose! (I say that with total admiration!)

Someone else suggested P.O.W. & WOW!

McCain/Palin ’08 V I C T O R Y!!!!

J.J. Sefton on August 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Juan “Z-Visa” McCain
DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Good grief.

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Yep. Just when we thought it was safe to go back to the general election…

JetBoy on August 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Hey AP,

Where’d my last response to wise_man go?

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Maverick ‘n Moose! (I say that with total admiration!)

Someone else suggested P.O.W. & WOW!

McCain/Palin ‘08 V I C T O R Y!!!!

J.J. Sefton on August 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Mac & Cheesecake

?

JetBoy on August 31, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Sarah Palin hunts moose for sport….Moose stew anyone?

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:53 PM

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Sometimes you make a comment and it doesn’t show up for a few minutes.

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Okay, let’s take a careful look at the narrative that the Anti-American/Pro-Jiahdi Leftist Democratic Traitor Nutbags are now trying to frame for the world, with the support of their fellow Anti-Americans in the Mainstream Media, now that they have their collective panties in a wad over McCain’s selection of Sarah Palin as his VP running mate:

Sarah Palin’s oldest child conceived/born out of wedlock (according to Democratic rumors) = BAD!, BAD!

Obama himself conceived/possibly born out of wedlock, in 1961 = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin is a proud American = BAD! BAD!

Obama hates and despises America = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin is Pro-Life = BAD! BAD!

Obama supports Infanticide = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin married to a Native American = BAD! BAD!
Obama himself 50% minority, and has self-radicalized to the point where he hates the “white” half – GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin married to a Blue-collar, outdoorsy-type who loves his country = BAD! BAD!

Barack Obama married to an Anti-American/Anti-White Racist who despises America = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin born in America, proud to be an American and is a white Christian, and doesn’t lie about it = BAD! BAD!

Barack Obama born Muslim, registered overseas as a Muslim in grade school; was given Indonesian citizenship that we have no idea if he has ever renounced, and later joined for 20 years, an Anti-American/Anti-White/Anti-Semitic “Christian” “Church” = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin is a Capitialist, and proud of it = BAD! BAD!
Barack Obama is a Marxist, and tries to hide it = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin has executive experience on a Local and State Level = BAD! BAD!

Barack Obama has NO executive experience at any level = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin has attacked corruption, even against her own party, at both the Local and State Level = BAD! BAD!

Barack Obama is a product of the digustingly corrupt Daley/Farrakhan Chicago Democratic Political Machine, and has not only been embraced by them, but enabled them = GOOD! GOOD!

Sarah Palin would rather shoot a terrorist, than been seen with one = BAD! BAD!

Barack Obama was mentored by an Anti-American/Anti-White Communist Pedophile named Frank Marshall David; self-admittedly hung out with Radicals and Marxist Socialists in College; has been in the backpocket of Anti-American/Pro-Jihadi/Anti-Semitic Radical and Corrupt Palestinians and Arabs such as Edward Said, Tony Rezko, et. al. since college; and has his political career jumpstarted and nurtured and supported till this day by unrepentent domestic terrorist & Date Rapist, William Ayers, and his equally repellent wife, Bernadine Dorhn = GOOD! GOOD!

I could go on and one, but you get the point.

I just want to make sure I understand the “rules”!

PS: if anyone has any doubt about the FACTS, as I have posted above regarding Barack HUSSEIN Obama (PBUH)(SAW)(SWT), please let me know, and I will provide the Proof!

Dale in Atlanta on August 31, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Just too funny. Faux geezer’s facial expression during the “there’s always a catch” was perfection.

darkpixel on August 31, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Barack Obama has NO executive experience at any level = GOOD! GOOD!

Dale in Atlanta on August 31, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Now dale being a “Community Organizer DAMNIT!” trumps the executive experience of being a “small town mayor*”

*and Governor of the 47th most populous and largest state in the Union.

sven10077 on August 31, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Just seeing Jackie getting all excited like that when Palin’s Kuwait pic popped up was hillarious. Without a doubt their funniest bit yet.

thekingtut on August 31, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Bullwinkle a commie.

Maxx on August 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Dash on August 31, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I second that.

forest on August 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Gov. Pawlenty is a good guy, and I would have been happy to support him as V.P. He’s clearly not a barn-burner, but he makes his points and there’s a lot to be said for quiet competence.

Jill1066 on August 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I’ve already seen the Palen for VP bumper stickers (from Melanie Morgan I think). When will the Palen/Jindal 2012 t-shirts be available?

kcfrommt on August 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Was this meant to be insulting? I saw this on the screenshot of the DU – do they think it is insulting to conservatives?

Because oddly enough, I wasn’t insulted. I thought it was a hoot!

I guess conservatives really DO understand irony.

Queen0fCups on August 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Oh ,wait, I mean SATIRE! LOL

Queen0fCups on August 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I just want a bumber sticker that says: “Go Sarahcudda”

Queen0fCups on August 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM

er, Sarahcuda!

Queen0fCups on August 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Dale in Atlanta on August 31, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I’m printing this out and using it as well.. Good job!

CCRWM on August 31, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Can’t argue with any of that.

Valiant on August 31, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I haven’t had a TV for many years, so I’ve never seen Harry Reid and Helen Thomas do a skit like this before.

They’re much more talented than I ever imagined.

Loxodonta on August 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM

There’s always a catch…

But I will deal with four years of President McCain for the pleasure of seeing VP Palin kicking Hillary down the stairs in 2012!

All of a sudden, Hillary’s 2012 strategy went up in smoke. If Obama wins, she’s toast. If McCain wins, she’s burnt toast!

gridlock2 on August 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Bullwinkle a commie.

Maxx on August 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

No. Boris and Natasha commies. Kill moose and squirrel. Like this.

Shy Guy on August 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I feel Bullwinkle’s Pain..lol

Capt-Dax on August 31, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Yeah, it’s real b-tch to have to hear that huh? If Juan “Z-Visa” McCain would come out and repudiate his AMNESTY PLAN for continued enforcement of our laws and deportations of Illegal aliens here in America? McCain would beat The Dali Bama by at least 13%!!! I guarantee it!!!!!
DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Are we really going to re live the last two months of this same exact talk here … for the next two months until the election? Is that what you want?

FYI, don’t use the “B” word in comments. They tend to miss the train and are held up at the station.

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 1:49 PM

my bumper sticker:: Vote Sarahcuda, or she will kick your ass!

custer on August 31, 2008 at 1:59 PM

we were going to talk about Obamas big speech .
Obama made a speech ?

Ive watched this already a dozen times and it keeps getting funnier

Mojack420 on August 31, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Well, I suppose if McCain drops off the ticket we could all be spared that indignity.
But as long as McCain agrees with Obama on certain issues like immigration and global warming, he’s fair game. Having an ‘R’ next to his name doesn’t make his position on those issues right. And having Palin on the ticket doesn’t mean he’s changed his mind. You are reacting to Palin’s choice exactly the way McCain probably hoped. He’s no longer the focus of the ticket. She is. She’s conservative so everyone starts making assumptions. Just remember, MccAin is the head of the ticket, not Palin. He’s going to decide the direction his administration goes on drilling, immigration, global warming and the rest, not Palin. And based on his last 8 years, his direction on those issues SUCKS. Celebrate the Palin pick, but don’t believe for a minute McCain has changed anything of what he’s going to do.

austinnelly on August 31, 2008 at 2:10 PM

I loved: Awww, there’s always a catch.

Tim Burton on August 31, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I believe I have my campaign quote.

“I don’t care what Democrats or Bullwinkle say…”

Jimmie on August 31, 2008 at 2:12 PM

We have tried to reach Rockey the squirrel for his comments on Bullwinkles political ad . Unfortunately Rockey has meet his demise in Mike Huckabee popcorn maker .

Mojack420 on August 31, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Mojack420 on August 31

I don’t get the popcorn maker reference. Is there a news story I missed somewhere?? BTW, I think it’s spelled Rocky, short for Rocket J. Squirrel. Some of the best cartoons ever made. Then again, I always thought the Three Stooges was funny as hell, so what do I know?

SKYFOX on August 31, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Mojack420 on August 31, 2008 at 2:14 PM

There it is. I just had a comedy heart-attack!

RushBaby on August 31, 2008 at 2:31 PM

This is the big one! I need paper towels, STAT!

RushBaby on August 31, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Just remember about having to vote for McCail to get Palin; McCain is already rather old…

Neo on August 31, 2008 at 2:43 PM

What’s with all the morbid talk I here?I thought that 60 was the new 40,and we were all going to live forever.McCain isn’t that old anymore,in fact for his age,he looks pretty healthy to me,Palin/Jindal 2012!
Bob

Bobnormal on August 31, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Why…did Jackie actually blush?

Jaibones on August 31, 2008 at 3:21 PM

You cain’t vote for her without voting for McCain two…

Best laugh EVAH

Kini on August 31, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Is it just me, or do conservatives have more of a sense of humor about themselves than liberals?

Paul-Cincy on August 31, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Sarah Barracuda is so much better than Jack Kemp in 1996. I’ll continue to believe that even if she occasionally lapses into “valley girl” mode. I guess the question is, is she a good campaigner. Campaigning is a heck of a grind. I could never do it, with its neverending combination of faux enthusiasm, talking points, glad-handing, smiling, and schmoozing.

Paul-Cincy on August 31, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Libs just ain’t got it like we got it.

Mojave Mark on August 31, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Jackie and Dunlap… high-larious.

silverfox on August 31, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Sarah Palin is all ready under investigation in her howe state so she has all the experience she needs to go to washington.

I nearly fell out of my seat laughing so hard!

RAB on August 31, 2008 at 4:25 PM

“Fuc* it – McCain/Palin”

Dunlap

Jaibones on August 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM

“…take her on the tundra..”

WOW…loudest laugh ever..

Sir Andrew on August 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM

“Two guns, John Woo style!”

Damn straight!

Sarah Palin Fact: Sarah Palin has never bumped her head on a glass ceiling because everytime she’s encountered one, she’s shot it to pieces!

SuperCool on August 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Ewww…. I think I get to say it FIRST!!

Sarah Palin: All your Mooses belong to us!

Romeo13 on August 31, 2008 at 5:43 PM

wise_man on August 31, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Not really!

That’s up to Juan “Z-Visa” McCain….

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Have ol’ “Z-Visa” do what I suggest and he’s home free. Who’s advising him on this? Needs to stop listening to them…

DfDeportation on August 31, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Ya know? I never much cared for those guys. Because I felt they were insulting to southern folks like myself.

But that was funny.

LibertarianConservative on August 31, 2008 at 6:36 PM

“What’d she do, look at it?”

I had to rewind it back to that point a couple minutes later.

Jim Treacher on August 31, 2008 at 7:00 PM

seejanemom on August 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

That is his name Trig Paxson Van Palin

tjexcite on August 31, 2008 at 7:12 PM

(Yeah, did she think “Trig” was some kind of politically correct term or something?)

Jim Treacher on August 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM