Video: Huckabee on Palin’s readiness

posted at 10:45 am on August 30, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

I have always liked Mike Huckabee, even though in the end I didn’t support him in the run for the Presidency. He has a disarming manner that belies real steel underneath, and last night he proved his value to the GOP in a debate with Alan Colmes. Colmes asked Huckabee whether he really thought Sarah Palin was ready to be President on Day 1, and Huckabee gave the answer of the day:

AC: Do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready, Day One, if God forbid something happens to John McCain?

MH: I think she’s far more ready to be President if something happens to McCain than Barack Obama would be if something doesn’t happen to McCain.

Colmes tried to make the argument that McCain didn’t show leadership by making this “reactive” pick of Palin.  Huckabee laughed this off, saying that Colmes must have been invited inside McCain’s head.  However, it’s worthwhile to ask, as I did in my previous post, who really had the reacticve pick.  Obama picked Joe Biden after the Caucasus blew up and he floundered in his response, while McCain looked prepared, informed, and ready to lead.  Suddenly, Biden went from “I’m not the guy” to the running mate within 96 hours.

Would McCain have picked Palin if Obama had selected Hillary Clinton?  It may have played against the choice, only because McCain would not have wanted to appear reactive.  In this case, he has plenty of reasons for selecting Palin, mostly because of her record on reform and her executive experience, which both Democrats lack entirely.  He wanted to “shake up” the race, as ABC reported, but that’s not a reactive impulse, either.

And I find it exceedingly strange that Colmes would accuse the first Republican to name a woman as running mate of not showing “leadership”.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Googled ‘Sarah Palin religion’ when her name first surfaced and today as well.

Sarah Palin — Religion: Non-Denominational Protestant

According to http://videoinside.org/show/Sarah_Palin – More sources »

1. Sarah Palin is a true American conservative with the right to belong to any church she chooses.

2. Neither Wikipedia nor MSM bother substantiating data for public consumption.

maverick muse on August 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM

……Excellent CC

try again later on August 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM

sorry… wanted this post on the current page:

Poptech:

Then you should at least get her bio correct…..

Sarah Palin

Poptech has it correct up to the point of Political Experience.

Then some clarification may be needed…..

Political Experience:

- Elected to Wasilla City Council… twice… against actual opponents… you know, didn’t have to have opponents eliminated from the ballot
- Elected to Mayor of Wasilla… twice… against actual opponents where she made actual executive decisions
- Chair, Alaska Conservation Commission
- President, Alaska Conference of Mayors
- Elected Governor of Alaska… where she beat the incumbent Republican governor in the primary… an actual opponent and went on to beat a previous Democrat governor… an actual opponent where she made actual executive decisions and enjoys an 80%+ approval rating
- And…. In 67 days or so, first female Vice President of the United States

Oh, did I leave out beauty queen… yep… still is. As a matter of fact, she is the very first attractive, clean, articulate white woman to run as a Republican for Vice President….

CC

CapedConservative on August 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM

This coming from someone whose handle sounds like it was lifted from an 80′s Berlin-Euro-trash techno band. And please, ask me how I got the rash. I’d love to repeat the smack-down I gave you on another board yesteday.

F**king troll.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 12:43 PM

[Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:20 PM]

Shouldn’t the resume also include:

- Memoir Writer, University of Chicago, 1992 to 1995

Also, foreign experience could also include three months in Bali with his wife because he couldn’t finish his book in the office UofC gave him to write it.

Busy, busy, busy Lightworker.

Dusty on August 30, 2008 at 12:44 PM

maverick muse on August 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM

You didn’t just link me to a site that copied an version of the Palin Wikipedia article?

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Should we list all the commitees Biden has been on too? Sure why not…

Foreign Relations, Member
Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, Member
Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Member
Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, Member
Subcommittee on African Affairs, Member
Subcommittee on Children and Families, Member
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs, Member
Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety, Member
Subcommittee on European Affairs, Chair
Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security , Member
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs and International Environmental Protection, Member
Subcommittee on State, Local, and Private Sector Preparedness and Integration, Member
Veterans’ Affairs, Member

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM

CapedConservative on August 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Former Mayor, Wasilla City, Alaska, 1996-2002 (pop: 6,715) (Votes: 909)

Yes please hype her Mayoral Duties of a town of 6,715 where she won with 909 Votes = VP MATERIAL!!!

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Committees….I just spit my coffee all over myself… we are now resorting to committees. I suspect Palin got more done on the PTA than Senator Biden accomplished on all of these committees combined… committees… God help me stop laughing.

CC

CapedConservative on August 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM

I laughed too when you listed – President, Alaska Conference of Mayors!!!

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

[Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM]

Don’t forget:

Collector of Titles Committee, Lifetime Member

Dusty on August 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Huck has always been an “anybody but Romney” guy so I’m sure he’s tickled pink and thinks his sniping kept Romney off of the ticket.

jnelchef on August 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

It’s such a shame that so many pathetic, Christian bashing, hate mongers feel so comfortable bashing the entire base of the republican party for their religious beliefs.

SaintOlaf on August 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Calling Huckabee on his Mitt-bashing is not Christian-bashing. It’s calling a jerk on his jerkiness.

That said, he did well here. He looks mighty relieved Mitt wasn’t VP. Palin’s someone the party can unite behind.

sulla on August 30, 2008 at 12:53 PM

sweet! A POSITIVE post about Huckabee. Thanks Ed. For real, I had been wondering if people here had a problem with Republican governors. I don’t agree with a lot of what Huckabee ran on, but he lost. I agree that Huckabee is an asset to the Republican party. But there is no need for the hatred shown toward him on this board. Thanks for the positive post Ed.

ThackerAgency on August 30, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Should we list all the commitees Biden has been on too? Sure why not…

Foreign Relations, Member
Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, Member
Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Member
Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, Member
Subcommittee on African Affairs, Member
Subcommittee on Children and Families, Member
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs, Member
Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety, Member
Subcommittee on European Affairs, Chair
Veterans’ Affairs, Member

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Merely proof that you can have a lot of time in grade and still be an idiot who makes all the wrong decision. Experience is necessary but useless without judgment.

jnelchef on August 30, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Poptech:

Okay, I give… you win… Obama ’08. Your brilliance in pointing out the strengths of Senators Obama and Biden over Senator McCain and Governor Palin is so overwhelming I must submit…. I fear I must vote Obama. But, write this down with care. As I have stated in many previous posts on HA, Senator Obama will break the record of ALL prior extremely liberal Democrat candidates and manage to lose 50 of 50.

In each of those elections where the extreme liberal lost huge, they were all WAY WAY up in the polls at this point in time. Given the current standings, he will set a new losing record.

CC

CapedConservative on August 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM

I agree that Huckabee is an asset to the Republican party.

I agree that Huckabee can be an asset to the Republican party.

sulla on August 30, 2008 at 1:01 PM

There is a reason she has an 80% approval rating… when americans get to know her she will bring McCains #’s up.. .

DarianCounts on August 30, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Unfortunately we will not be able to see the look on your troll face when Sarah’cuda cleans the floor with Plugs in the October debate nor will we be able to hear you gnash your snaggled troll teeth when she cruises into office on November 4.

On the other hand, assuming you are still lurking under the HotAir bridge on November 5 we will have the pleasure of abusing you. I look forward to it.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Mobys tend to fade when “my work is done here back to Kos” time hits.

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:16 PM

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:16 PM

You are really not that bright.

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

You are really not that bright.

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

you’re really not that conservative or libertarian to not want to stop a man who sues dissent and blogstorms investigative journalism….

keep firing

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I am not one of the collective of idiots who does not do their homework, sorry to disappoint you. I prefer the most qualified…

Mitt Romney:

Age: 60

Family:
- Wife: Ann
- 5 Children: Tagg, Matt, Josh, Ben, Craig

Religion:
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Education:
- B.A. Brigham Young University, 1971
- J.D. Harvard University, 1975
- M.B.A. Harvard University, 1975

Political Experience:
- Governor, Massachusetts, 2003-2007 (pop: 6,437,193)
Total Career Political Votes: 6,839,107

Professional Experience:
- Vice President, Bain and Company, Incorporated, 1978-1984
- CEO, Bain Capital, Incorporated, 1984-1998
- CEO, Bain and Company, Incorporated, 1991-1993
- President, Salt Lake Winter Olympics Organizing Committee, 1999-2002

…Then again I have high standards

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

You are really not that bright. – Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Neither are you, asshat.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 1:44 PM

…Then again I have high standards

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

and an obvious agenda that does not include winning the culture war obviously

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Then again I have high standards – Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

But your high standards aren’t running for office, dummy. McCain and Palin are. Get used to it.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 1:46 PM

SaintOlaf on August 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM

This is why you can never be taken seriously.

Most of the people who dislike Huckabee are evangelicals.

Elizabetty on August 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Ralphie is stuck

He observed-wow Mitt is a good choice(no argument)

He oriented-I need to back him and put faith in him (ok)

WE Decided-no McCain is better we need to use this attack

He refuses to act-damn why Palin YEAAAARGGGH

Howard Dean ain’t the decision matrix I follow in conflict

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM

You need to stop watching the Loofah man. I am just worried about the economy. I am not for Theocratic Fascism.

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:59 PM

You must be if your dogmatism precludes stopping a man who violates public disclosure laws, and wants to use the DoJ to stifle dissent.

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Education:
- B.A. Columbia University, 1983
- J.D. Harvard Law School, 1991

It takes three years for a full time student to finish law school. This gap is eight years. What was he doing the other five?

Also, there’s something odd about being an employee in a law firm and being a sitting Illinois Senator, don’t you think? Wouldn’t that fall under the rubric of “conflict of interest?”

JDPerren on August 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

JDPerren on August 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

No no conflict at all….

the GOP looks at politics as a sadly needed evil…

Look at Barry’s church and “organizing” and you’ll see a guy who conflates faith and religion in a way that would make him a Republican if it was not imbued with marxism.

The IRS would not tolerate Barry’s church’s overt political bent if it were not a minority church.

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Poptech,

I admit, Romney would have made a good pick. He has a lot of experience. But it would have been quite risky for McCain, in terms of votes. He apparently loses votes among Southern evangelicals (I didn’t think he would so much, but unfortunately he does), which isn’t a terrible thing (the states would have been winnable, just with reduced minorities, but the more northern ones might be put into play) but still a net loss. Nice guy, but can’t see him turning any more states red than Palin. Also, Palin inexplicably wins a fair handful of Hillaryites, fortifies and enthuses the conservative base, apparently attracts many Barrites and Paulians (Paul was reportedly mulling over Palin for veep if he won) and is probably the least offensive VP candidate to libertarians.

For Obama, it might’ve been even easier to attack Romney than Palin, what with his differences on the issues with McCain in the debates, plus his wealth. Palin’s experience issue is fairly easily answered (she’s for VPOTUS, BO’s for POTUS; BO spent 2-3 years basically voting, she’s actually ruled for 2 years, being what is basically President of Alaska, with its own Guard, veto experience, neighbour negotations, etc.)

That said, “What if he had chosen Romney?” will resound for many years to come, no matter who wins. McCain can always use his experience in his cabinet, anyway.

An t-Oibriche Criosdail on August 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM

I’d rather have Sarah Palin, a real middle-class American, who is in touch with things that we care about – like gas prices and public education – than Barak Obama who believes we care a wit about the price of Arugula.

smfoushee on August 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:59 PM

3 point what percent GDP growth? I think it’s something like 0% over here in the U.K., and in a lot of Europe. Economy’s fine, relatively speaking. Besides, who says Romney can’t be in McCain’s cabinet, in a financial post of some sort?

An t-Oibriche Criosdail on August 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM

just with reduced minorities,

An t-Oibriche Criosdail on August 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM

s/b “majorities”

An t-Oibriche Criosdail on August 30, 2008 at 2:19 PM

neighbour negotations

s/b “negotiations” (and, probably, “neighbor”). My first long post on HA, and the spelling is dire. Apologies.

An t-Oibriche Criosdail on August 30, 2008 at 2:25 PM

jnelchef on August 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Oh don’t think this is the last we will hear from Huckabee on the subject of Mitt. He was so sure that his staying in the race bought him some respect that when it was clear that Romney was vetted and seriously considered his ego turned to destorying Romney. You can bet that desire is not met yet. Romney still lives. Huckabee has been a leader in the anti-Mormon wing of his church for many years. He will not stop.

petunia on August 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM

I like him when he’s not being a dick to Mitt Romney….There was just no reason for him to continue those underhanded cheap shots.

Huck: PRIMARY’S OVER, MAN!

But you’re right. He’s got charisma and knows how to play a crowd. When he’s not in attack dog mode, he’s likeable.

Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Okay my bitter snip about Huck is over.

I truly think this was a masterful stroke by McCain. I live in AZ and supported McCain in 2000. But he became a truly self-serving senator between then and now. So it is taking me awhile to get behind him again. But that pick was brilliant. It had purpose beyond rewarding any group of the party. Palin truly does represent a CHANGE of American politics.

My daughter asked me this morning if I thought a University of Idaho graduate in Journalism could ever really be President. She said she doesn’t have an education even as good as yours and mine. (We both graduated from “better” schools.)

Hmmm that would truly change America wouldn’t it. If the top politicians didn’t have to come from the Ivy league (or elite military). And if inate intellegence untrained by graduate school but trained instead by caring for an American family.

That is the change I am looking for! Common sense government. Built on the God given lifestyle of America.

petunia on August 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I respect Colmes a lot more than the likes of, say, Bathtub Boy. (Admittedly that’s not much of a compliment.)

But this is why I still can’t stand him. Typical hyper-partisan liberal, who has to ALWAYS find something bad to say about conservatives. He can’t, for once, put it aside and say “Good choice.”

At least Colmesy doesn’t support the Fairness Doctrine, although he doesn’t think it’s aimed at destroying conservative talk radio.

I’d love to just figure out what world these people live in sometimes. It’s not the real one, that’s for sure.

Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM

…Then again I have high standards

–coming from a Mittens’ misogynist who would unabashedly devalue Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Non-denomination Christians, Protestants and others falling under various categories including Gentiles, apostates, Catholics and Orthodox Churches.

On the national front, Romney’s persisting bane boils down to his over-zealous propagandists bringing their man down advertising their own brand. nuance

Get over the disappointment.

Time to pass around the olive branch and shake hands if you’re on board.

maverick muse on August 30, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Major: journalism
Minor: political science
Over 12 years elected executive experience.

That’s solid footing to launch our VP.

maverick muse on August 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM

SaintOlaf on August 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM

This is why you can never be taken seriously.
Most of the people who dislike Huckabee are evangelicals.
Elizabetty on August 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM

True and well said! As an evangelical myself, I despise the charlatan “Christian” Huckabeen.

Shelby on August 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM

In other words, the ultimate insider for Team Hope ‘n Change? Just clarifying.

NTropy on August 30, 2008 at 4:04 PM

You are really not that bright.

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Senator Biden? Joe!?! Is that you???

NTropy on August 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

You forgot net worth which, for better or worse, would also have come into play and not in a positive manner for the GOP.

NTropy on August 30, 2008 at 4:10 PM

If you had been advocating as well for McCain this whole time rather than jockeying for VP, you might actually have been vetted.
Dead Hand Control on August 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Love it! I enjoy seeing karma and hateful idiots doing themselves in.

Shelby on August 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

With Sarah’s history of fighting corruption in her own party, I’m hoping at some point we get to see her kick Huck’s sorry butt out.
JA on August 30, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Amen to that!!! Huck is an embarrassment to the Repub party. He needs to switch to the Dems side.

Shelby on August 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Major: journalism
Minor: political science
Over 12 years elected executive experience.

That’s solid footing to launch our VP.

maverick muse on August 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Whoah, wait, hold the phone –

McCain’s VP pick is a JOURNALIST!?!?!

Maverick is the Devil.

sulla on August 30, 2008 at 5:57 PM

…Then again I have high standards

Poptech on August 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

And an absolutely GARGANTUAN chip on your shoulder!!! Jealousy is a very unattractive attribute…

dominigan on August 30, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Sarah Palin likes eating caribou … and Huckabee liked eating squirrel.

Anthropologists state that it was the act of consuming animal flesh which accelerated mans reasoning ability amongst other brain/cognizant activity.

Seeing how there are so many vegetarians on the left, this thought is making more and more sense to me.

Benjamin9 on August 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM

It’s called getting inside the other guy’s OODA loop. Do that and stay there and you control the dogfight. John Boyd would be proud.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on August 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

I have always liked Mike Huckabee…

I believe you like Mike Huckabee, Ed. I immediately sensed that listening to you interview him. Too bad he isn’t going up against Obama in the debates. Mike would have made conservatives extremely proud. He’s a wonderful speaker – Ronald Reagan like – a true God-fearing conservative. What this country DESPERATELY needs right now. So I don’t care what anybody says, he was the guy that should have represented us. He would have, and could have, with our dedicated support, turned this nation around and brought God’s blessing upon us once again.

apacalyps on August 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

“Vice President Biden! Russia and Iran have started a nuclear war! The missles will be striking here and in Israel in 10 minutes! President Obama is still on vacation in Africa-WHAT SHOULD WE DO?”
“Simple, man. Get us to a conference table and I’ll debate the hell out of them!”

Doug on August 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM

I believe you like Mike Huckabee, Ed….- a true God-fearing conservative. What this country DESPERATELY needs right now. So I don’t care what anybody says, he was the guy that should have represented us. He would have, and could have, with our dedicated support, turned this nation around and brought God’s blessing upon us once again.

apacalyps on August 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

You have got to be kidding if you truly believe Huck should have been our nominee and we’d have seen God’s blessing???!!!! Do you even know much about Mike Huckabee? The guy described on these threads as a ChINO (Christian In Name Only) and for good reason!!!

Are we talking about the same guy with the sticky fingers (missing Gov. mansion furniture, on Judicial Watch’s list of 2007 MOST CORRUPT POLITICIANS, etc.); he freed over 1,000 criminals including violent felons, one who murdered shortly after his release from prison; Huck raised a son who tortured a dog to death (the Bible says “By his fruits you shall know him”; he “joked” at the NRA about a GUN POINTED AT OBAMA; Huck and his band play music about getting drunk and having sex with hookers and divorcees (Honky Tonk Woman), and the list goes on and on!

Is it THAT Huck you are referring to???!!! I thank God that he saved us from the charlatan Huck-a-me-some-money!

Shelby on August 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Do you even know much about Mike Huckabee?

Shelby on August 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM

That’s a silly question. I wouldn’t support him if I didn’t.

Huck and his band play (sinful) music (Honky Tonk Woman).

I don’t agree with some of the songs they play, but it doesn’t mean he’s not saved and not trying to be a good Christian. I’ll sometimes use a song or two I know is bad for effect, but it doesn’t make me a bad person. There are Christians who use bible versions I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole, but some of them are my heroes in the faith. Ray Comfort for example. Look, Christian’s grow in their faith, meaning there may be things they are doing now that in the future they won’t be doing. So there is a difference between a phony Christian and a Christian who doesn’t know any better yet. We must be careful how we judge others.

The guy described on these threads as a CHINO (Christian In Name Only)

And who’s doing the describing? You think these threads are filled with true Bible-believing Christians? How many people survived the flood 4400 years ago? 8 people out of millions. That’s not a lot. I suspect there aren’t as many Christians leaving messages for Huckabee as you might think. These threads are filled with neocon secular Republica anti-God conservatives who have helped destroy the conservative movement in America.

He “joked” at the NRA about a GUN POINTED AT OBAMA;

This comment tells me you’re not being an honest broker here. Mike made an honest joke which didn’t go off well. That’s it. Actually, I kinda liked it. But, because people are so politically correct these days he apologized. End of story. Anybody who exploits this incident and turns it into more than it really was, is not somebody I trust to have good judgment.

apacalyps on August 31, 2008 at 2:23 AM

My Palin video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quvBbcFDPI0

D0WNT0WN on August 31, 2008 at 2:41 AM

So we hear from Huckabee regarding Palin’s readiness. Might we also hear from Huckabee his thoughts about Palin campaigning for Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell AGAINST CORRUPT GOP congressman Don Young?

Uh, maybe not. That’s because Huck-a-me-some-money ENDORSED CORRUPT DON YOUNG!

Check out:

Hogs of a Feather
“Mr. Huckabee is endorsing pork barreling Rep. Don Young of Alaska”

and

Huckabee’s endorsement of Alaska Congressman Don Young

“Huckabee’s Huck PAC is supporting Young against Sean Parnell, a principled conservative. I doubt that very few of the contributors to Huck PAC knew their money would end up helping Young’s re-election campaign.

“Young, who is under federal investigation for illegal gratuities and unreported gifts, is a world-class porker, infamous for his Bridge to Nowhere and hundreds of millions in other earmarks.

“Young is an essential part of the massive culture of corruption in politics that runs hand-and-glove with Big Government and is causing almost all Americans to lose confidence in Congress.”

Shelby on August 31, 2008 at 2:51 AM

Do you even know much about Mike Huckabee?

Shelby on August 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM
That’s a silly question. I wouldn’t support him if I didn’t.
apacalyps on August 31, 2008 at 2:23 AM

Sorry, but I think your responses are pretty lame. Huck is an ordained minister and he’s playing music about hookers??? C’mon! What kind of minster does that? Maybe someone who is a ChINO?

The NRA “joke” that you thought was funny was rather not funny for many who actually felt it was vile and outrageous. Google “huckabee obama gun”. You will GET A MILLION HITS! This was a big deal and another example of Huck being a loose cannon (and he frets about not being vetted for VP?!).

You had no responses to the 1,000 released prisoners, the dog toruture and his being ethically-challenged. Oh well, I really don’t have much confidence in those who see Huck-a-Me-Some-Money in a favorable light.

Shelby on August 31, 2008 at 3:14 AM

You had no responses to the 1,000 released prisoners, the dog toruture and his being ethically-challenged. Oh well, I really don’t have much confidence in those who see Huck a Me Some Money in a favorable light.

Shelby on August 31, 2008 at 3:14 AM

Well, Shelby, I don’t believe he’s the way you portray him. You’ve got a “when did you stop beating your wife” approach going on here. Why should I waste my time entertaining your Huck-hating neurosis and answering every little hateful attack when they are just like Doritos: Defend away, we’ll make more. Your attacks remind me of the “Bush lied, kids died” nonsense. You started your comment with the question of whether or not Huckabee is a Christian. But you really never were in doubt about the answer in your own mind. So, think what you want. Mike is a liar and not a Christian. That’s your right. I’ve heard it before – ad nauseum. Enjoy yourself. Obviously, this is a matter judment day will settle.

apacalyps on August 31, 2008 at 11:15 PM