Maher on MSNBC’s Obama coverage: “I mean, these guys were ready to have sex with him”

posted at 7:30 pm on August 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

I had three tasty MSNBC goofs to choose from but went with this just because it best captures how far they’ve sunk. To paraphrase the Edward R. Murrow of our time, when Bill Maher and Jon Stewart are using you as punchlines for lefty audiences, it’s time to shut. the hell. up.

The two clips that were passed over: MSNBC running a graphic during the VP announcement wondering how many homes Palin adds to the GOP ticket and Olby Watch’s remix of Kayo’s mind-blowing hypocrisy in giving Michael Moore a pass last night in praying for the sinking of New Orleans. Be sure to watch the latter, as he’s bound to distort something some conservative says this coming week about Gustav and you’ll want the full frame of reference of just how corrupt his double standards are. Click the image to watch.

Comments

I kinda think Olby is a catcher, not a pitcher. So it’s moot.

Wuh?

lorien1973 on August 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

They really are like cuckolded wimps.

SouthernGent on August 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

I kinda think Olby is a catcher, not a pitcher. So it’s moot.
Wuh?
lorien1973 on August 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Still chuckling here…….

Patrick S on August 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

It just got mainstreamed… The smoking hot Julie Banderas just reported Moore’s quote on The Fox Report.

RightWinged on August 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM

I love blue-on-blue…

Notice Maher was careful to add that Obama doesn’t think he’s “all that”, but the media does.

JetBoy on August 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Saw it on Fox earlier and Bill Hemmer was LHAO. I loathe Bill Maher more than just about anyone. But it is nice to see him take pops at the left.
Stuart and now Maher.
Who’s next?

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

The smoking hot Julie Banderas

Yes! And she is also smoking hot. ; P

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Sure, they know how conservatives feel about Reagan. We admire Reagan for his achievements. Libtards admire Obama for his aura.

Just another example of left-minded thinkers ignoring facts, principles, the “truth”, and core values, caring only about feelings.

stonemeister on August 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

Stuart Stewart and now Maher.
Who’s next?

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

PIMF

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

yeah…it *almost* looks to me like the comedians are hedging their bets a little of late….

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM

PIMF PILF

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

So now Olby’s going to make Maher his “Worst Person in the World”.

There’s a reason I don’t watch MSNBC.

rbj on August 30, 2008 at 7:48 PM

I kinda think Olby is a catcher, not a pitcher.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew

flyawaybird on August 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM

GoodBoy on August 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

sven10077 on August 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Um…with all due respect, Sven: “PILF” was mine. And yes, I do take guilty pride in the prurient genesis of that neologism.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

When the man’s right, he’s right.

Every now and then Maher nails something.

I wish I could find the video of him kicking the screaming Truthers out of his audience. That was classic. Seems to not be on Youtube anymore. (Would love to be proven wrong.)

Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

When the man’s right, he’s right. – Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice every day.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Here you go.

Spirit of 1776 on August 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Stuart and now Maher.
Who’s next?

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Possibly Saturday Night Live. They did such a dead-on job of skewering the media over the softy questions and fawning Obama got in the debates, and the “hard” ones Hillary got, that when the next debate was in Philly, the questions for Obama were sharper and focused on matters like Wright and Ayres, right? I think SNL has done Matthews drooling over Obama before; don’t know about Olbermann.

Wethal on August 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM

If someone has the money to back me… I think Obama Kneepads would be a great moneymaker… – GoodBoy on August 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Pffft. I’ll see the Obama Kneepads and raise you: “Obama Feminine Hygeine Wash“. Because every woman loves a good douche.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Hey Keith, if you don’t acre about alaska NOW, how about us drilling there, if it’s such a meaningless wasteland of nothing???

How about it douche?

benrand on August 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

SNL. Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. If she doesn’t f**k up, her career will be solid. If she pulls a George Clooney, she’s toast.

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM

benrand on August 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Oh, that’s a pretty good comeback my friend.

TheBigOldDog on August 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM

I dislike Maher almost as intensely as Olberman.

Borislav on August 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM

They are not even subtle anymore. It is like highschool.

Terrye on August 30, 2008 at 8:04 PM

on the houses issue, sarah and todd own 1 house in wasilla iirc. For the past 2 years they also happen to crash out at this little place in juneau, but that’s courtesy of the voters of AK …

Buckaroo on August 30, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Maher is just plain ol’ bitter that
he didn’t get to cling on to any
of the action!!!haha.

canopfor on August 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Want to have???

I think it’s pretty clear that Olby’s been swallowing something from Barry for at least a year, maybe more.

Gartrip on August 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Please forgive my off topic but I want to get this to those I’ve noted in recent threads planning to donate to McCain/Palin in the near future:

Folks, the message I got after I donated to McCain/Palin yesterday includes this:

You may already know that I have decided to accept federal matching funds for the final months of this campaign- keeping a campaign promise I made. But that means that August 31st marks the last day I can accept your primary contribution.

You can still send to the RNC after Septmber 1st, but to give hard money to McCain you gotta do it by Sunday August 31st!

Maybe there’s some loophole somewhere, I can’t say, but I wouldn’t risk waiting to see.

Maquis on August 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Chris should change his name to Neil and Keith should change his to Bob.

abinitioadinfinitum on August 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM

We were out all day, but I wanted to get home and see what new was going on in the race. True to form:

CNN was supposed to be airing a ‘know John McCain’ piece – instead, they were still questioning Gov. Palin’s credentials and how obscene it is of McCain’s camp to assume women would vote for McCain because he has a women running mate. Oh, and once they finished that bashing, they went directly to Obama/Biden spreading more hate in Ohio.

MSNBC was showing Obama/Biden uninterrupted, even by commentary.

So, pretty much, bi’ness as usual. I have to read the news to really know what’s going on.

Hannity is still right: Journalism is dead.

madmonkphotog on August 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Stuart and now Maher.
Who’s next?

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Wethal on August 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Great point. And Tina Fey was a Hillary supporter and I bet a PUMA extraordinaire.
Tina Fey could even play Palin in the sketches.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM
carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM

See what a mean about the synergy thing?

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Maher:

“I think there is a problem,though,with the media gushing
over him too much.I don’t think he thinks that he’s all
that,but the media does”.

“I mean,the coverage after,that I was watching,from MSNBC,
I mean these guys were ready to have sex with him…..”

“Its embarrassing”.
————————————————————

I remember that night well,I said the Liberal media was in
a Orgasmic Nervona!!!

Pardon the pun,a hem,but how fitting,so to speak!! haha.

canopfor on August 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM

There are too many terms in this thread that I don’t understand, and don’t think I want to understand, for me to contribute any more than this. Yikes!

Loxodonta on August 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM

That is hilarious!

keepinitreal on August 30, 2008 at 8:22 PM

That’s funny. I watched the MSNBC post-game just to see what Matthews and Olby were up to. My first thought was to wonder if two guys constitutes a circle jerk.

tbradshaw on August 30, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Maher…?

You mean the slimebag who dressed up as Australian Steve Irwin (who died a freakish accidental death) for his jokey Halloween costume?

Maher …*spit*

May he and Obama be caught in a cheap motel room together.

profitsbeard on August 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Olberroach is indeed a catcher… a friend who works in makeup at MSNBC says he has to wear a diaper 24/7, and not because he ate a spoiled plate of Oeufs à la Provencale.

George Orwell on August 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

How about CNN’s reporters being caught off camera on mic talking about her butt. Would love to see that get some play and see how they defend it

America1st on August 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Mahr’s weed must have wore off after the speech!

LOL!

He Mahr, IF Obama doesn’t have a HUGE Ego, just why in the hell did have to give this speech in a football stadium? When they already had a venue bought paid for and decorated?
HUH?

If the inside venue was good enough for a former President, Former first lady and runner up, and your running mate to speak in WHY ARE YOU SO SPECIAL?

Malignant narcissism

Megalomania

Anyone?

Chakra Hammer on August 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Maher’s weed must have wore off after the speech!

LOL!

hey Maher, IF Obama doesn’t have a HUGE Ego, just why in the hell did have to give his speech in a football stadium? When they already had a venue bought paid for and decorated?
HUH?(Not very frugal is he, I hope he doen’t waste our tax dollars like that)

Malignant narcissism

Megalomania

Anyone?

Chakra Hammer on August 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM

See what a mean about the synergy thing? – carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Like great minds, kindred spirits illume alike.

Seems like you, me and Sven will have to get together after Gustav has passed. Assuming, of course, the dumb Swede survives. (which he better, because I forgot my wallet).

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Did you see the campaign video of her house… with the seaplane being loaded up out front. That is soooooo out there for us in the lower 48 to even wrap your head around. Is a seaplane an elitist things or just like having a big truck in Texas.

dako on August 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM

The sad and most alarming thing about it is that people like Matthews, Olberman, and Maher always say it is not the Messiah it is someone else. This is one very scary time.
For Bill Maher to equate the Messiah to Ronald Reagan is to say the very least a reach.

Jdripper on August 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Is a seaplane an elitist things or just like having a big truck in Texas.
dako on August 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM

For Alaska?

Those who can afford them, or use them as a taxi service when you need to go multiple dozens or hundreds of miles in the winter … it’s a truck.

And as a comparison, John Kerry windsurfs for pleasure. If you have a seaplane in the lower 48, then maybe so.

wise_man on August 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Well now, lighten up a bit. I’m in Love with Palin so its’ OK that Chrissy M. and Olberdork are in love with 0bama’ After all the Democrat party is home to most of the gays, not that theres’ anything wrong with them.

Its’ no wonder they gush at his speeches as Hillary pointed out thats’ all hes’ got! Unless Chris and Olberdork get more that they aren’t sharing with the rest of us.

dhunter on August 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM

85-90% of the time, Maher says things that make me want to smash that smug grin off his face with a shovel.

Then every once in awhile, he’ll say something that’s just so right on, I want to hug him.

As mad as he often makes me, I’m glad that we have people who don’t fit into an ideological box. They keep the rest of us on our toes.

juliesa on August 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Oh, that’s a pretty good comeback my friend.

TheBigOldDog on August 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM

I knew it.

You’re John McCain, aren’t you ..

cgoode777 on August 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

I kinda think Olby is a catcher, not a pitcher. So it’s moot.

Wuh?

lorien1973 on August 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Yep,

That explains that lovely “hair piece” he’s sporting;

It cushions his head against the bed post when his ass is in the air.

Good Lord…..I just made myself sick*……

FiveWays on August 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

The “hair piece” reference is just as disturbing as the imagery described here.

lobstress on August 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM

I dunno’ .. questioning the guy’s sexuality?

Sure it’s funny, maybe true .. it just smells a little like we’re acting like HuffPo posters with this pitcher/catcher stuff.

Of course, I’m not always the classiest cat in the room around here .. so .. I’ll shut up and go back into my glass house.

cgoode777 on August 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM

I dunno’ .. questioning the guy’s sexuality?

cgoode777 on August 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Still….that’s a snappy little toupee!

FiveWays on August 31, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Still….that’s a snappy little toupee!

I prefer Biden’s plugs.

cgoode777 on August 31, 2008 at 12:28 AM

The Dems will indeed do anything to gain victory. That makes for a nice contrast with the real and honest GOP reformers. Go McCain/Palin!

T J Green on August 31, 2008 at 3:01 AM

Maquis on August 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM

I’m no expert, it not being my country and all, but I think that means August 31st is the last day you can donate to the primary campaign.

After that I guess you can donate to the general election campaign.

I’m also guessing that if you want to donate twice, you’d have donate for the primary today, then again for the general campaign.

EnglishMike on August 31, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Then again… just saw this in the post about Palin bringing in $7million:

The money comes in just under the wire — after McCain accepts the GOP nomination Thursday, he will accept public funds and no longer be permitted to raise private money for the campaign…

Does that really mean private individuals can no longer donate? Why did McCain leave it so late to announce a running mate guaranteed to bring in cash, meaing people only had two days to donate?

Can supporters donate to Palin? or the RNC?

EnglishMike on August 31, 2008 at 8:57 AM

ManlyRash on August 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Is that his appeal to women? I thought it was his metrosexual persona and telepromter-fed charm.

SKYFOX on August 31, 2008 at 2:41 PM