One difference between the two campaigns: competence

posted at 12:13 pm on August 29, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

The rollout of the pick of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate demonstrates a very obvious difference between the two campaigns.  The contrast between the tight, focused operation at Team McCain and the botched announcement from Barack Obama could not be more dramatic, and it points to a competence gap between the two candidates.

Last week, Barack Obama promised an announcement of the most important decision of his campaign, but how did he do it?  He relied on a gimmick designed to capture phone and e-mail information from a wide number of interested parties, instead of working it in relation to maximum media impact.  He then delayed the announcement all week long, wasting days of earned media while needing it more than ever to boost his flagging poll numbers.  When did he finally make the announcement?  In the middle of the night, when most of the people who offered their personal information were asleep.

John McCain planned this with care and precision.  I predicted months ago that the Democratic convention schedule made this the most obvious day to make this announcement.  McCain took advantage of the opportunity to steal the thunder and media spotlight from Obama’s acceptance speech, and more importantly, his campaign made sure to tease it early in the morning to get the media humming.  When the announcement came — at around 11 am ET — it was in plenty of time to ensure the maximum media exposure for today.  McCain made sure he owned the next three media cycles.

Once again, McCain proved his experience and his competence.  Team Obama buried their most significant announcement of the season, and threw away one media cycle and had the media buzzing about their failure in the next two, which stepped all over Obama’s uninspired choice of Joe Biden for running mate.  McCain has shown that Obama has a lot to learn on many subjects, campaigning among them.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Obama in a landslide – 55% of the popular vote, > 340 EVs

You heard it here first.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Next week will tell the tale. Biden is a blow hard with no substance. He is a paper tiger she should be able to handle if she is worthy.

Time will tell.

saiga on August 29, 2008 at 1:10 PM

I wear her hairdo everyday myself.

Believe me. I am so NOT personally ragging her. I am TELLING you, though, those VIEW witches will be all over it….YOU WATCH>>> PRECISELY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.

seejanemom on August 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM

1st Polls after the weekend will be very interesting
Lets look for a McCain/Palin bounce before the convention

caprian on August 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Obama’s up eight in the Gallup tracking poll right now, and the bounce from his convention isn’t even over yet. Expect it to be about 10-11 tomorrow.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Just perused Sarah’s family tree.
Hum, can’t find any Muslims

TheSitRep on August 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Obama McCain/Palin in a landslide – 55% of the popular vote, > 340 EVs

FIFY

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Ha ha ha !!!! I love That woman….!!! need to get my bumper sticker NOW!!!!!!

beachkatie on August 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM

…going to get out my “smart girl ” glasses….

AND PAINT MY CAR WITH “PALIN ROCKS”

I have deeply enjoyed celebrating with you guys in real time.

seejanemom on August 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM

On what? Wooten, the pyscho State Trooper who tazed his OWN SON! Give me a damn break. Sarah is squeaky clean…

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM

You better believe it. Also, she said in an interview she doesn’t know what the VP does – juxtapose that against the McCain “I don’t understand the economy” clip, and you’ve got another gem. Finally, Obama can attack the Republicans on abortion now that McCain has nominated a fairly extreme pro-lifer. A week ago, people were crowing about Obama’s vulnerability on BAIPA, which is gone now. This is a disaster of a pick.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Sarah Palin is a bright light for the future of the Republican party!

Obama’s politics suddenly seem old, ossified even. Taking pages out of Saul Alinsky’s playbook from decades ago ain’t gonna cut it anymore.

I am SO much more optimistic for tomorrow with
Governor, and Commander of the Alaska National Guard Sarah Palin on the ticket. Yesterday’s Messiah can go take a long walk off a short pier!

Edouard on August 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Expect it to start dropping precipitously, especially after Barry-O and his gang-o-thugs commence launching attacks that will serve only to bite them on their collective arses. As for the Drive-Bys, they are screwed no matter how they report this. Start stocking up on Mylanta – you’re gonna need it.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM

McCain has already jumped big on Intrade. Obama’s teensy bounce there is gone already.

econavenger on August 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM

MSNBC just can’t seem to let go of the fact they didn’t expect Palin.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (-Michael Palin)

The Monster on August 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM

You have been one of the FEW who hated her when ever mentioned and I am getting sick of it.

There is evidence that will put that “Wooten, DoC, State Trooper” crap to rest. If Obama uses it… McCain has AYERS. How dumb can some people get?

Stop, if you don’t like it vote Obama…

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:17 PM

This is a disaster of a pick.

Given the source of this tidbit, I’m more certain than ever it was a stroke of political genius. The Obamassiah is toast, Big S. Start getting used to it.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM

“…The contrast between the tight, focused operation at Team McCain and the botched announcement from Barack Obama could not be more dramatic, and it points to a competence gap between the two candidates.

Competence gap, perhaps…

Unless you actually forgot who you originally had in mind…?

J_Gocht on August 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM

The State Trooper thing is not going away. I have yet to see any of this “evidence” the Palin supporters claim exists. All we have are increasingly questionable denials and obfuscations, and we still have about two more months of investigation.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Woo-hoo! The base is fired up!

Dariaanne on August 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM

BTW, Sarah Palin’s natural, regular-person political instincts make the difference in this selection. She does have more actual on-the-ground GOVERNING experience than The One, who can talk so freely about a world-changing agenda but has no freaking idea how to implement it.

Edouard on August 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM

When did he finally make the announcement? In the middle of the night, when most of the people who offered their personal information were asleep.

Can you imagine (if you were a Dem) waking up all bleary-eyed in the moring and seeing a Biden is VP message on your display?

That would be a serious WTF moment right there.

pseudonominus on August 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Big S — I’ve looked into this State Trooper affair and truly it is a NOTHING issue. All the positives now injected into the Republican campaign are going to blow it away. People are not going to care — they want smart optimism for the future and Sarah Palin is going to bring it BIGTIME.

Edouard on August 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM

You don’t live in my State. Stop being a penis wrinkle!

And until you can say she is guilty… and the investigation is going NO WHERE. I think you will be eating crow real soon. Back down troll!

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM

I gave to both the RNC (ugh) and McCain (woo!).

p0s3r on August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM

upinak,

I thought her speech was terrific, hit all the right notes. Her story is real. The family is beautiful. She’s positive, and she loves her country. That’s something Americans need to hear – love of country – instead of the incessant whining and complaining of the Dems.

And her hair is fine with me. I’d shave my head if I could get away with it because I hate fussing with my hair.

Palin ROCKS!!

Cody1991 on August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM

The State Trooper thing is not going away.

So you’re alleging that Gov. Palin improperly tried to get a trooper fired who tased his stepson, and threatened to kill his father in law.

Do you really want to go there?

The Monster on August 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM

You will certainly keep the candle of that hopeless vigil burning, Big S. But you keep tending that desperate flame. Keep hoping against hope.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Edouard on August 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM

You don’t live in my State. Stop being a penis wrinkle!

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM

I asked for evidence, not name calling. If you got it, show it.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Cody1991 on August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM

It is an Alaskan thing. Cold weather.. put your hair in a bun or a clip due to the cold. I do the same thing.

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Obama can attack the Republicans on abortion

How can they attack anyone on abortion, when they can’t even say the word?

Good luck on trooper-gate, too. Then we can all see how the union went to bat for the trooper who threatened to kill her (and of course, her sister’s) father (among other things).

Any of their attacks are meaningless anyway, and can’t do anything to curb the enthusiasm on the right with this pick.

The irony is just delicious, the dems criticizing a governor on experience and a trooper scandal. ROFL.

reaganaut on August 29, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I asked for evidence, not name calling. If you got it, show it.

Let it go, Upinak. This pathetic little hope is all that Big S is bitterly clinging to, so to speak. Let him/her/it continue to cling.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I asked for evidence, not name calling. If you got it, show it.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM

I have given you the SITES on this. I have ALSO given it to other HA readers. They have stopped arguing with me on it due to the news reports… obvioulsy YOU didn’t look at them. With that said, I am not going to bother with you and your crappy attitude.

Either you go LOOK IT UP with the links I have given you… or pretend to KNOW everything.

Have a great day!

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM

While you are digging up your “evidence” we will just post the evidence and facts about Ayers and the rest of Obamaramas friends.

Old Hippie Vet on August 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Don’t ruin it for me. I’m still dwelling on the naughty librarian fantasy.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

“I asked for evidence, not name calling. If you got it, show it.”

I didn’t call you names. But your lack of perspective is showing.

This non-issue is truly tiny, Big S. TINY! Don’t you get it? Can’t you see the way the winds are blowing here? This State Trooper affair is totally inconsequential compared to the instant revolution now beginning in the Republican party.

That growing sound you hear is elephants on the rampage, preparing to trample the donkeys.

Edouard on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

seejanemom on August 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Does anyone with a brain cell even watch that show???

Dariaanne on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

reaganaut on August 29, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Lets see what happen when they ask Sarah about abortion.

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM

I love it when you bring the smackdown!

RushBaby on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM

You mean by extreme pro lifer because she has 5 children and her new born has Down syndrome I know in obama world that would be the first to be aborted.

Mojack420 on August 29, 2008 at 1:29 PM

I’m seeing a lot of ‘DeMcCrat’ rumblings. Let’t hope it builds. I think they are seeing the hypocrisy, after Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, and now Palin. Which party talks and which party walks….

Vashta.Nerada on August 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I love it when you bring the smackdown!

RushBaby on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

LOL! Umm, well everyone think Sarah is great. Alaskan woman don’t play games. We also don’t back down.

I guess you can call Alaska women “Chuck Nordic”!

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Same here in the South because it’s so hot most of the time. ;)

I’m very impressed. Be proud, upinak!!

ps My trip (many years ago) was one I’ll never forget – fabulous country, great people

Cody1991 on August 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Cody1991 on August 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM

hope you liked it.

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM

McCain.Kicked.Their.Butts

originalpechanga on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Mojack420 on August 29, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Um, no. She opposes the option of abortion even in the case of rape and/or incest. She’s in a very small (10%) minority there, and the Obama campaign will make sure everybody knows that she’d get to cast the tiebreaking vote on any bill, even if she never becomes president.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Has the left put out the fact that Sarah Palin just had her Down Syndrome child to make the left look bad in case she ever got nominated for VP? This was her plan all along wasn’t it?

Obama will look very insincere in comparison. Can’t wait for the VP debates. Joe Biden will come off as the pompous windbag that he is…

originalpechanga on August 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM

True dat.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:34 PM

I think it’s great that so much of the base is interested in this VP pick by McCain, and is excited to see where this goes. I applaud Gov. Palin for her efforts towards reform, her pro-life stance, as well as her support for the 2nd amendment and hunters. Social and fiscal conservatism, as well as executive experience all are positives in my book.

My enthusiasm is tempered by reports of the investigation surrounding a state troopers’ dismissal, and additional questions about tax increases on the ‘big oil’ companies (accompanied by the $1200 rebates issued to Alaskans.) While I am fairly certain that the state trooper issue is not a big deal, I am less comfortable about Palin’s support for capitalism. Perhaps there is some reasonable explanation for these actions, but I’m going to take the ‘wait and see’ approach until I know more.

karmatis on August 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM

It is amazing how little coverage Obama is getting today.
Even in my own my mind he seems like a distant meomry.
The highlight of there convention was the clintons and not him.
Then today, this stunner(in more ways than one) of a pick
Can not wait to hear Olberman has to say. My guess is he is in a state of depression right now. hoepfully this will put him over the edge. Andrea Mitchell seems to need a stiff drink and Valium right now.

kangjie on August 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM

upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM

I did! I’m considering relocating, and Alaska is one choice. Wyoming is another. There’s something about those wide, open spaces. The people are so fantastic, too.

Cody1991 on August 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Gee, I thought you Dems planned on swamping the House and the Senate with veto proof majorities. Starting to sweat?

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM

What does (s) stand for anyway?????

beachkatie on August 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM

What does (s) stand for anyway?????

Stupid? Shallow? Sophomoric? Small-minded? Sour? Silly? Soporific? Take your pick.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM

ooops!! I meant big (s) !!!

beachkatie on August 29, 2008 at 1:38 PM

He he :) Thanks for the response!!!I thought so!!

beachkatie on August 29, 2008 at 1:41 PM

I guess you can call Alaska women “Chuck Nordic”!upinak on August 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM

That is perfect for my earlier theme!

Sarah Palin is so tough they call her “Chuck Nordic!”

I’m still working on my Mitt, grief.

petunia on August 29, 2008 at 1:41 PM

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM

you left out SCARED

Mojack420 on August 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I think this is a wonderful pick. Do I care the VP selection is a woman? Hell no. I vote care about the person’s leadership, integrity and core beliefs. You know who are concerned about race & gender? It isn’t the Repub’s.

I have such hope now for the future of the Repub party. SP gave gain the experience as VP and be in a great position to run as Prez in 12 or 16. What other Repub’s picks could have done that?

VikingGoneWild on August 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM

you left out SCARED

Ah yes. SCARED SH!TLESS.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Indeed. All that…and she is HOT.

ManlyRash on August 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM

The ‘opposites attract’ motto will make mileage from Arizona to Alaska, male to female, even in weakness to strength, RINO to Conservative; it’s the best combo complement package ever not only to combat the Obamarx threat, but to strengthen America domestically and internationally.

Obama chose Biden precisely because he knows Biden will croak, allowing Barry to replace him with Michelle VP midterm given a DNC shoo-in majority.

Dethrone the DNC who tossed Americana under the bus.
Vote the Democrats into the MINORITY ’08.

maverick muse on August 29, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Where’s our Grue? There’s enough sour grapes in the leftosphere that he’s going to need medical attention after his feast!

RushBaby on August 29, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Grue was late to work today. BUT DAMN WAS IT WORTH IT!!!

*eats!*

Grue in the Attic on August 29, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I don’t like writing much,but i have to say I’M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TICKET!!!!!!!

beachkatie on August 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM

I have 3 main problems with McCain:
1. stand on immigration
2. acceptance of “climate change” lunacy (pro cap & trade)
3. part of RINO membership in congress
I prayed for months that he would pick Palin. This is a bold, intelligent and forward thinking selection. This will go a long way in bringing conservatives like me to support him. If this is an example of his decision making, I’m very impressed. He could have made the “safe” pick. Palin is a grand-slam homer. She has it all. Everybody needs to support this ticket, especially considering the ultra-liberal DemoncRAT alternative .

mountainmanbob on August 29, 2008 at 1:52 PM

“Big S” just left out a few letters. It’s supposed to be “Big A*S”

Buford Gooch on August 29, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Just perused Sarah’s family tree.
Hum, can’t find any Muslims

TheSitRep on August 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM

She’s a descendant of one who arrived with the Mayflower. Impressive.

newton on August 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Ed, genius at work: “I predicted months ago that the Democratic convention schedule made this the most obvious day to make this announcement.”

Now this announcement occurs between our national LABOR DAY holiday and the commemoration of Women’s Suffrage, not to mention Obama’s “news” fell off the American interest plank.

Geez, America’s had the media thrusting Obama thrust down our throat to where any normal response of “isn’t that nice, anything’s possible” has become an outright aversion where “Just say no” is the automatic response. Let Obama swear himself blue in the face. It won’t CHANGE the fact that we are sick of him, and we are sick of Biden.

maverick muse on August 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Team Obama must be in panic mode right now. First an attack, then a congradulatory message from Barry and Joe. Which end’s up? What do we do next? THINK! %$#& Maverick would pick a %$&# woman! Now what’ll we do? Hey, is Hillary! still available?

Exit question: Is Joe Biden the next one under the bus?

GarandFan on August 29, 2008 at 1:59 PM

I now actually believe Juan John when he says that he understands he has to secure the borders first

phreshone on August 29, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Exit question: Is Joe Biden the next one under the bus?

The Acela will hit even harder than a bus…

phreshone on August 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Well, check which outlet has a “Replay the Biden/Barrack speeches” banner on their front page.

scalleywag on August 29, 2008 at 2:01 PM

She’s a descendant of one who arrived with the Mayflower. Impressive.

newton on August 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM

If so, blue bloods have nothing on this Western woman who can survive in any wilderness as well as in any cosmopolitan capital.

maverick muse on August 29, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Just perused Sarah’s family tree.
Hum, can’t find any Muslims

hehehe

urbancenturion on August 29, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Obama in a landslide – 55% of the popular vote, > 340 EVs

You heard it here first.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:03 PM

that with or without the dead and illegal caucusing?

sven10077 on August 29, 2008 at 2:02 PM

This was a most excellent choice. The base is now firm. Barry will lose. But please remember, no staying home. Every vote will truly count.

Bhagwani on August 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

MSNBC just can’t seem to let go of the fact they didn’t expect Palin.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (-Michael Palin)

The Monster on August 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Is he one of her relatives???

RocketmanBob on August 29, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Obama in a landslide – 55% of the popular vote, > 340 EVs

You heard it here first.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Behold the despair of the crackhead

LimeyGeek on August 29, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Hmmmmmmmm…A couple of words to sum this all up?.?…

Executive
Judgement
citable track record

But, perhaps more than those…

MAVERICK !!!

Way to go Mav, I’m on board all the way with this!

You’ve now got:
My unqualified support
My enthusiastiasm
My campaign donation…

AND MY VOTE IN THE FALL !!!

RocketmanBob on August 29, 2008 at 2:16 PM

And Obama was kind enough to choose Biden, a choice that didn’t thrill many liberals and just shows that Barack is indeed run by handlers of which greasy Joe is one.

There’s no getting around the contrast between the two tickets now.
Democrats can attack Palin all they want and their hypocrisy will just show up as the sludge it really is.

Speakup on August 29, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Obama’s campaign can feel free to dump on the old guy, but McCain’s campaign completely let the air out of Obama’s balloon. The announcement news monopolized the Morning Joe. At one point, they were trying to avoid new updates.

MSNBC staffers are probably still scraping gray matter off walls and furniture in Denver where the heads of Mika B., Schuster, Mitchell, Olby, and Matthews exploded. They wanted to talk about Obama’s speech, and all the news was in Dayton, Ohio, and Minneapolis.

Obama got totally scammed. Mr. Tech-savvy got outdone by the guy who doesn’t do e-mail. I love it.

You really have to laugh at how Obama and Biden got left holding the bag.

Dare I say, it was one of the best pimps…evah!

BuckeyeSam on August 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM

I asked for evidence, not name calling. If you got it, show it.

Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Um, where is your “proof”? If you give us a link to DU or DK, we’ll just laugh in your face (again).

P.S. Chill, dude. You need to keep your blood pressure down, so you can show us the way again, in 2012. You know, for the Palin/Thompson vs Hillary/Gore ticket.

drunkenmaster on August 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Just perused Sarah’s family tree.
Hum, can’t find any Muslims

TheSitRep on August 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM

And if I’m not mistaken, Palin’s friends shoot caribou, they don’t bomb federal buildings.

Any word on her pastor(s)? He or they cannot be any worse than Wright and Pfleger.

BuckeyeSam on August 29, 2008 at 2:32 PM

I think its inappropriate to refer to the future VP as HOT.

She’s a mainstream Alaskan-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking

tmitsss on August 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Sarah Palin is the second best looking Alaska native (the first being Kirsten Powers).

Hilts on August 29, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Obama in a landslide – 55% of the popular vote, > 340 EVs. You heard it here first.
Big S on August 29, 2008 at 1:03 PM

This guy keeps cracking me up.

exlibris on August 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM

RushBaby on August 29, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Grue was late to work today. BUT DAMN WAS IT WORTH IT!!!

*eats!*

Grue in the Attic on August 29, 2008 at 1:47 PM

It says a lot that people are asking where you are.

Well done, Grue, you’re a HotAir celebrity.

Like I said yesterday, this crop of newbies is turning out to be pretty good.

fossten on August 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Okay I looked at the geneology too. With geneology that well done she most certainly has Mormon relatives. Hope she likes them…..

And she’s pretty related to me!!!! My Mayflower people are her Mayflower people. The Howlands and the Warrens and the Hopkins… Cool.

petunia on August 29, 2008 at 4:12 PM

The difference between the DNC and GOP:

DNC: Recationary

GOP: Proactive

madmonkphotog on August 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Big S : You wouldn’t and can’t believe the truth. It’s been proven that two of the state police commissioners had lied and since resigned. If they came by you house and told you this your rely would be ” See they’re proven liars and you can’t believe them”.
Why show you the proof, because you’ve made up your mind already and your not going to change it.

BruceB on August 29, 2008 at 5:35 PM

…those VIEW witches will be all over it…
seejanemom on August 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Does anyone with a brain cell even watch that show???
Dariaanne on August 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Unfortunately, I must tell you that the flat-screen wall TV in the lobby of my workplace has “The View” on every day. :-( (I think of it as the “telescreen”.)
Even worse, our Help Desk technicians used to leave their TV on Fox News all day long, but management made them change it to CNN.

Mary in LA on August 29, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Big S — watch the whole clip. That’s not what she said or how she said it.

desertdweller on August 29, 2008 at 9:59 PM

The difference between the DNC and GOP:

DNC: Recationary

GOP: Proactive

madmonkphotog on August 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM

A form of poll-driven government followed to the letter by B.J. Clinton

Definitely “followship” driven instead of “leadership” driven.

desertdweller on August 29, 2008 at 10:02 PM