Michael Moore: This hurricane is proof that there is a god in heaven

posted at 9:41 pm on August 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via the Autopsy, it comes about a minute in. Not the first “progressive” to admit to rooting for a hurricane, but the setting alone makes this special. Rest assured, had a conservative offered something like this about the Democratic convention, it would have earned a 28-minute speshul komment replete with light show and opening act. Coming from Michael Moore, it earns nothing more terrible than an oafish, shinola-eating grin followed by a moment of incandescent ironic beauty as Olby sneers at the viscerally distasteful prayer for rain during Obama’s speech made by one of James Dobson’s spokesmen, blissfully oblivious to the fact that Moore delivered the secular equivalent to the “Countdown” faithful assembled not 30 seconds earlier.

Moore does say he hopes no one dies; all he’s after is a heap of destruction and demoralization that can be exploited for political advantage. Exit question: Does that sound familiar?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

How can a sack of crap interview an even bigger sack of crap?

Not too difficult under the farcical masquerade called “American journalism” these days.

electric-rascal on August 30, 2008 at 6:06 AM

Well, perhaps it’s because Hillary IS a bitch. Ever think about that Chrissy?

MsUnderestimated on August 30, 2008 at 6:42 AM

Haven’t read all the comments and so I apologize if its been noted already, but obese Michael Moore criticizing John McCain for having “a big cake” is a little over the top. He hasn’t missed out on too much fattening food himself.

jackmac on August 30, 2008 at 6:52 AM

Is it getting fat in here?

Coronagold on August 30, 2008 at 7:05 AM

Someone teach that tool how to shave. There’s no excuse for appearing on national television looking like that.

CherokeeJack on August 30, 2008 at 7:10 AM

Ah….so what flavor koolaid do libs drink?…….sour grapes?

grapeknutz on August 30, 2008 at 7:22 AM

I was a newbee once. Getting up at 6:00ish to hurl insults at our would be fascist overlords. But gee, sleep in on a Saturday morning, recharge. Then go shave this morning and take a shower, sprinkle on a little flea powder, brush your teeth this week whether they need it or not, so you will not be mistaken for Michael Moore.

JonRoss on August 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Why is he still living in America, when he could be living in beautiful sunshiney Cuba with their wonderful healthcare? What a dolt.

ErinF on August 30, 2008 at 7:42 AM

Down here in Louisiana we really appreciate people rooting for our destruction.

roux on August 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Down here in Louisiana we really appreciate people rooting for our destruction.

roux on August 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Heh.
I wish fata** would make a trip down there.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2008 at 8:13 AM

What blithering idiots, both Ober and Moore. For what human misdeeds did God create them?

docdave on August 30, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Hadn’t read a thing about Moore in such a long time I assumed he had died. Bummer.

T J Green on August 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Drop him on Mecca.

lizzee on August 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM

I can’t wit to see “An American Carol.” It’s coming in early October to a theatre near you!

chipandcharge on August 30, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Thinking back to a poster here from a couple of days ago, who said something about Olbergoebbels and Chrissy being a couple of guys in clown suits jumping up and down on fart cushions.(I’ve laughed hard every time I see Olbermann since). As soon as I saw Michael Moore, I’m thinking he brought his own clown suit, hopefully with an industrial strength fart pillow. You can’t make this crap up………

adamsmith on August 30, 2008 at 9:18 AM

I wonder how many Dem Mayors in Louisiana are already in preparations with the Mainstream Pravda to screw over the Governor.
“The flooded buses? Governor Jindal said to park the buses under water!”
“The broken levies? Governor Jindal told us to help Bush blow up the levies!”

JellyToast on August 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Women aren’t dumb, Michael. You and Olby are just idiots. This clip should be used in a new ad for conservatives.

Travis1 on August 30, 2008 at 9:26 AM

I actually did watch this segment on “Meltdown” last night. Both Olbergoebbels and Moore looked like two guys on the way to a GratefulDead show, until someone told them Jerry died a few years back…..With Palin, they know they are finished. The Misogynistic Olbermann will not be able to contain and hide his misogyny any longer. His head will explode in 5,4,3,2,………….

adamsmith on August 30, 2008 at 9:26 AM

jackmac on August 30, 2008 at 6:52 AM

I believe the term you are looking for is penis envy.

jdkchem on August 30, 2008 at 9:32 AM

adamsmith – you actually watch the show?????

HawaiiLwyr on August 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM

he does look like Kevin Farley a bit now..

i’m looking forward to ‘An American Carol’

DaveC on August 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Who wears a hat indoors, except as part of a costume? In the long run, it can’t help a political party to be tied to a figure who so re-inforces his own image as a cracker Jabba the Hutt.

Kralizec on August 30, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Their(libs, commies, fascists, whatever)philosophy never ceases to amaze and disgust me. Human life(sacrificed in abortion, as flood victims, or Vince Foster, whatever)for expediency is just so much jetsam.

Benjamin9 on August 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM

That’s the Chicago way… some twit on our side prays for rain on their convention, they bring a major hurricane on ours. But how they got hold of Rove’s Weather Maker, I don’t know.

Laura on August 30, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Moore thinks that a hurricane is proof of God, wait till the big one hits L.A.

Coronagold on August 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Both are mentally unstable. They have been driven crazy by their hate of Bush. Frankly, I love that they are tortured by it daily. LOL

marklmail on August 30, 2008 at 10:24 AM

I live in Mississippi, and I have relatives in Louisiana that are right now deciding what to take with them, realizing this may be the last time they have a connection with their current life. This is being repeated over and over again where this hurrican might hit.

Michael Moore’s statement underscores everything that’s dirty in politics. Thousands may be homeless, hundreds may die and for him it’s all a political calculation.

Michael Moore, you are one sad excuse for a human being.

itsspideyman on August 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM

What a fat f*ck….

reshas1 on August 30, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I think we should email the freak..

mike@michaelmoore.com

reshas1 on August 30, 2008 at 10:57 AM

JellyToast on August 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Ah, but here is the answer to OlbyMoore’s stupid assertion that Republicans were at fault for Katrina. Sit back and watch how a REPUBLICAN Gov. deals with the crisis the way a corrupt-inept DEM establishment should have dealt with it 3 years ago.

This is far from a problem for the GOP convention – it’s a massive opportunity to show what committed conservative leaders can really do!

The Ritz on August 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM

My God, could you imagine living with this porker? I can smell the odor emanating through the airwaves.

And the crassness and inhumanity shown by asinine comment is over the top. To put your commie agenda above the safety and needs of your fellow Americans is just reprehensible! And for Mr Olberman to allow this comment to go unchallenged, puts him in the same category.

An unhinged Olberman is the face of MSNBC.

hopefloats on August 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Michael Moore believes in God, and doesn’t think he is God? Since when?

Dr Evil on August 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I’m watching the coverage for the Gustav prep and, for some odd reason, I haven’t yet seen hide nor hair of Mr. Chocolate City.

Maybe he’s too busy setting charges at the base of the levees…

“It wasn’t my fault, it wasn’t my fault. Bush did it and I’m going to make sure he takes the blame again. Damn, how am I going to light a match in the rain? Now I feel like the Shoe Bomber”

Oh, wait, there he is. Good, the levees are secure.

I guess he finally dusted off the city’s emergency plan.

He was asleep at the switch with a Cat 5 heading his way, now he’s all over a Cat 4.

What a putz.

TheCulturalist on August 30, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Why isn’t MM making a movie about how the man made global warming crowd isn’t using their 100% accurate out to 100 years super duper climate forecaster computer programs to figure out where Gustav will track? I mean, it’s good enough for people to want to spend trillions (not a typo) on preventing what they say will happen. Why not use that same awesome technology to save some money in the mean time by only evacuating those cities that will be effected.

I mean, those climate models are perfect aren’t they?

TheCulturalist on August 30, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Now Gov Jindal is being interviewed in N.O. about the evac plans.

What were the former Dim Gov and the Chocolate City Mayor doing 2 days before Katrina?

Contrast people, contrast.

TheCulturalist on August 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM

So Mikey Moore thinks a hurricane that might hit New Orleans, a city under sea level, is a good thing? New Orleans is a city with a majority population of blacks and Democrats. The thought processes of these liberals is very convoluted.

TooTall on August 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Michael Moore….

The backbone of liberal thought and ideals.

The world is a scary place.

thedarius on August 30, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I used to like him. Now he is just playing stupid. People in Louisiana are not going to think it was funny.

coolrepublica on August 29, 2008 at 9:43 PM

On behalf of my fellow Louisianians.

Michael Moore can FOAD.

soundingboard on August 30, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Dear N’walins…..can’t you listen I sent you a message 3 years ago….DON’T LIVE BELOW SEA LEVEL

-God

sven10077 on August 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM

It’s N’Awlins.

It’s where I was born.

It’s a great city in spite of its shortcomings.

And I’m glad I don’t live there anymore.
;)

soundingboard on August 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Sorry. I tried, but as soon as I heard that voice (olby) I had to stop the video. I just can’t do it.

oakpack on August 30, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Laura on August 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Greetings from da nortshawr.

Hope y’all stay safe & dry.

soundingboard on August 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Good Old Liberals, What’s terrible for America is great for they and their ilk. How can anyone with any semblance of civility be a member of this tribe is simply beyond comprehension, unless of coarse Savage is correct in his assessment of liberalism being a mental disorder.

BDS and Liberalism, that’s why they all want and need free health care, they need it more than most.

chicagoray on August 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Michael Moore has earned a much deserved Urban Dictionary Award

sonnyspats1 on August 30, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Why did God make liberals so ugly?

DarkeningCloud on August 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Michael Moore is a media ho’er, come on, this is all about him he is an opportunist he can’t help himself. How do I get someone in the Media to mention my name I know I’ll say something low class and trashy. If he was posting here we would all be leaving don’t feed the troll comments.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

That man is a fat, disgusting blob of fail and socialism.

I don’t like Michael Moore, either.

ZK on August 30, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Michael Moore is proof that the Devil has a sick scence of humor!

christene on August 30, 2008 at 8:50 PM

One can only wonder how many small families countries could live off the amount of food he must consume in a week.

JellyToast on August 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM

FTFY

soundingboard on August 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM

LickyLicky on August 29, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Damn. Just how many of my neighbors are posting here?

Show of hands?

(northshore)

soundingboard on August 30, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Stand back and watch how the grown-ups do it EX gov. Blanco.

Mojave Mark on August 29, 2008 at 11:48 PM

that would be Kathleen-what do I do? I’m drawing a Blanco.

[August 28th, 2005;
Federal Official; Governor Blanco, we need your official request for federal assistance. The US Constitution requires a formal proposal.

Governor Blanco; Well, ummm...uh...oh no...well...uuhhh...I'm gonna need 24 hours to make that decision.

Federal Official; But Governor, New Orleans could be under 20 feet of water by then.

Governor Blanco; Oh my! In that case I may need 48 hours.]

soundingboard on August 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Why did God make liberals so ugly?

DarkeningCloud on August 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM

To lower their rate of reproduction.

soundingboard on August 31, 2008 at 12:25 AM

I am really hoping they are playing this clip in the Gulf region over and over again, since Michael Moore thinks that God sent the hurricane to stop of the Republican Convention.

Play that clip again and again, so that people down there can see this fat slob for the certified idiot he really is and how just cold blooded liberals really are.

pilamaye on August 31, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Both of these idiots are so full of themselves they will never understand there are realities that are far greater then them. They are nothing more than ‘Useless Idiots”.

Well maybe not totally useless – because I feel a sudden urge to purge when I saw them.

These two idiots are so full of hot air we should capture and turn ‘Gustav’ into a major depression. Because depression is the Demoncrates primary goal. They want you fully depressed. Because, Demoncrates will always tell you they are the only ones that can cure you.

MSGTAS on August 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM