CNN: Hey, won’t Palin be neglecting her Down’s syndrome baby?

posted at 4:21 pm on August 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

This is phase one. Phase two will be, “Wouldn’t a strong, responsible, authentic feminist woman have aborted it?” Man, I’m downright giddy at the thought of where the next eight weeks are going to take us.

Ace helpfully offers the left a new campaign slogan. Exit question: Sure, Palin’s running for VP while raising a family of five that includes a special needs baby, but has she “walked through fire” the way Hillary Clinton has? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

WOW…such class.

And they say right-wing conservatives are sexist. YEAH RIGHT…John just contradicted that.

ChuckInHawaii on August 29, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Well, she didn’t subject it to a barbaric partial birth abortion and leave it to suffer a slow and agonizing death in a soiled laundry room like that feminist whose right to kill her child The One so gallantly fought for.

Disturb the Universe on August 29, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Joe Biden left his 4-year old son who survived the car crash that killed his mother, to take office as a Senator. He sure as hell put his political career ahead of his family.

rockmom on August 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM

rockmom on August 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Here, I’ll read that back with liberal glasses on:

Joe Biden bravely put his personal grief and agony behind him and went on to shoulder the burden laid on him by the Nation, not wishing to hinder his son in the pursuit of his education.

/do I have to?

Mary in LA on August 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Gads, I’m a jerk. I shouldn’t have made fun of Sen. Biden’s loss, which I’m sure was devastating. I’m sorry, folks. :-(

Mary in LA on August 29, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Interesting note…

O’Reilly was just furiously raving about the MSNBC Breaking News banner, “How many houses does Palin add to the ticket.”

It is obscene. In 8 hours, every MSM person on TV has torn apart the “lack of experience” of a VP candidate but still refused to talk about the problem of Obama’s non-existent resume.

How is it that everyone is all of a sudden more concerned about the Vice President than the President. Palin’s job as VP is to preside of the Senate, which I am sure she can more than handle with 16 yrs. of executive level political experience. Obama has spent more time running for office than in a legislative office during his 11 years and has has zero legislative accomplishments, put he is somehow qualified to be President. Go figure.

Damiano on August 29, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Dispicable.

curved space on August 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM

(1) An argument that a mother should put maternal care of her child ahead of participation in governing her country is more persuasive if her child is intelligent and less persuasive if her child is stupid.

(2) The outcome for an infant with Down’s Syndrome seems likely to be much the same whether the mother stays home or not.

Kralizec on August 29, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Media Matters actually reported this…defending Palin! When I saw that, I had a stroke!
Now I can only type with my left hand…

Glenn Jericho on August 29, 2008 at 11:01 PM

This will bite the Left in the shorts… guaranteed. Especially with the moderate-to-even-moderately left leaners this will be a turn off. Not to mention how highlighting Palin’s “lack of experience” will ony offer the glaring reality to BHO’s TOTAL lack. Comeuppance will be sweet.

Independent Conservative on August 29, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Damiano…don’t forget the “box” from MSNBC this morning that had her age, her job, and that she was under state investigation…..hard-hitting journalism takes a dump.

HornetSting on August 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM

El Rushbo predicted today, and bet Snerdley (his call screener) on it, that the drive-bys would say that Palin was irresponsible for getting pregnant at such an old age, thus risking Down syndrome.

Because, you know, the responsible and reasonable thing to do is to kill it.

I think Rush, as usual, is right. This one has “See, I told you so” written all over it.

Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2008 at 3:01 AM

The “progressive” ranks are filled with socialist eugenecists (look up what the acronym N-A-Z-I means). They can’t help what will naturally pop out of their mouths:
They will accuse Palin of lack of judgement for not aborting a Down Syndrome child.
Heck, you wouldn’t believe how rude some doctors got to my sister when she wouldn’t abort my niece, who has Downs. One pediatrician even offered to “take care of it” a few weeks after she was born… clearly implying euthanizing her. Had I been there I’d have performed Riverdance on him.
The public will be revolted at how amazingly evil “progressives” are. Have at it, fools.

Consanescerion on August 30, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Hah! That idiot did NOT just say that!! Like, wheres she supposed to be, in the KITCHEN or something? What a damn chauvinist!

tx2654 on August 30, 2008 at 7:16 AM

This is disgusting. CNN is now recycling talking points from lefty blogs.

However, in this case I cheer them on. Go ahead and complain that a woman neglect her career for her children while you cheer a man for neglecting his children for his career. That will just drive the Hillary voters to McCain/Palin. Also, pointing out that the child has downs’ syndrome just opens the door to pointing out to the pro-life voters that Palin is truly pro-life.

ynot4tony2 on August 30, 2008 at 8:20 AM

This means nothing to anyone but me, but my mother raised seven boys, divorced and alone, while working a full and part-time job, and with one severe down’s syndrome child (back then, even we called them retarded – we had never heard of down’s syndrome). She wasn’t Vice-President, but then again, Vice-President Palin won’t be divorced, alone, or have three of her oldest being miserable law-breaking miscreants either. She can handle it. Have a little faith.

SKYFOX on August 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM

If eliminating the defective from the ranks of the living went as far as some would like it to go, most of them wouldn’t be around.

Jewel on August 30, 2008 at 10:25 PM