Video: New golden age of race relations dawns as Obama mocked for elitism

posted at 11:35 am on August 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

Cute, especially the line about PBS, but in its own snide way it helps put the lie to the left’s demagoguery of subliminal messages in McCain’s ads. There are stereotypes at work in the GOP’s messaging, of course, but they’re stereotypes aimed at ideology, not race, which is how Obama ended up stamped with the same snobbish, disdainful brand that waylaid Waffles four years ago.

Fortunately, the left is above such stereotyping. They are, after all, the adult party.

Portrayal Of Obama As Elitist Hailed As Step Forward For African Americans

Comments

… Harvard educated smart-azz …”

Hahahaha classic!

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM

If the Onion is discussing Obama’s image as that of a snob, then the message/image is getting across and being accepted.

Mig on August 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM

That black actor better watch his back!

ctmom on August 28, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Voting for Obama?”
“Hell, no , I worked all my life!”
Classic

bbz123 on August 28, 2008 at 11:45 AM

That black actor better watch his back!

ctmom on August 28, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Its Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder

err something….

dc84123 on August 28, 2008 at 11:47 AM

“the Harvard-educated smart ass underneath”

“I take it you’re voting for Barack Obama?” “Of course not. I’ve worked my entire life, I’ve got nothing in common with the man”.

Perfect.

amerpundit on August 28, 2008 at 11:49 AM

He may be a Harvard smart ass, but he’s still “dangerous and ignorant”.

Disturb the Universe on August 28, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Good one!

If Fox branded him as a snob, the rest of the MSM branded him as viable.

TheSitRep on August 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

HAHAHA! At the end it said, ‘John McCain giving another speech trying to distance himself from his policies’.

The Onion rocks!

ThackerAgency on August 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

The elitism charge was used right after the gun clinging jesus freak remark. The fact that they focused on “elitist” as their sticky message and not something else like “condescending” just shows how horrible Team McCain is at driving a narrative.

ninjapirate on August 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Funny!

drjohn on August 28, 2008 at 11:54 AM

I’d love to see O’Reilly attend the Image Awards for reals.

Typhonsentra on August 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM

You can always tell a Harvard Man when you see one.

But, you can never tell him very much.

Loxodonta on August 28, 2008 at 11:57 AM

teh funny

rockmom on August 28, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Priceless!

Connie on August 28, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I don’t think that really worked, for the same reason Obama was forced to admit that his daughters were undeserving of affirmative action. It is, as Obama demonstrates daily, entirely possible for a black man to elitist and out of touch.

Infidoll on August 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM

We are healed! (What a bunch of horsecrud.)

saved on August 28, 2008 at 12:00 PM

THIS is too good to be true.

As if a Rocky Mountain coronation were not lofty enough, Barack Obama will aim for Mount Olympus when he accepts his party’s nomination atop an enormous, Greek-columned stage – built by the same cheesy set team that put together Britney Spears’ last tour.
But the set is designed to evoke the White House and the Lincoln Memorial, not the Acropolis, said staging supervisor Bobby Allen, a Spears set vet.
“We’ve done Britney’s sets and a whole bunch of rock shows, but this was far more elaborate and complicated and we had to do it in far less time,” said Allen, of RDA Entertainment.

Brat on August 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM

No, I’m not voting for him. I’ve worked my whole life. I’ve got nothing in common with him.”

PRICELESS.

Lockstein13 on August 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM

They don’t get it Allah.

coldshot on August 28, 2008 at 12:36 PM

I find it somewhat ironic that they give Fox News credit (and show Bill O’Reilly} for portraying Barack Obama as elitist. To me they (and especially Bill) have handled this with kid gloves for fear of being portrayed as racist. Course I admit this could depend on whose ox is being gored.

TooTall on August 28, 2008 at 12:43 PM

“We’ve done Britney’s sets and a whole bunch of rock shows, but this was far more elaborate and complicated and we had to do it in far less time,” said staging supervisor Bobby Allen, a Spears set vet of RDA Entertainment.

RDA Entertainment claims to have performed one of the false messiah’s miracles in preparation for Obama’s manna from heaven encore act.

No, I’m not voting for him. I’ve worked my whole life.

College kids quickly convert from liberal into conservative voters once they land a job paying taxes instead of living off taxpayer funds benefiting welfare recipients, students, and the bulk of non-profit organizations. No offense to conservative non-profits! But the taxed pork fed to liberal non-profits, particularly those aimed at perverting education and voter registration to overwhelm America with Marx, and to funnel tax dollars into developers’ pockets for delivering nothing good, makes one accept the criticism as it applies if the shoe fits.

maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM

visa versa

[sic]

maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Laughs!

the Onion is far more balanced than MSNBC and CNN combined.

TroubledMonkey on August 28, 2008 at 12:48 PM

O’Reilly has been handling Obama with PRAISE because he has wanted to score an interview with him since January. Obama keeps brushing him off. But Obama is O’R's Moby Dick.

ThackerAgency on August 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM

So much for Libya’s advice to Obama; at all costs, avoid being an American black with an inferiority complex, as that end result leaves Obama good for nothing and bad at everything.

There go the vain Obamas with their angry chips on their shoulders beneath their fabricated masks on stage, neither able to admit to themselves or anyone else exactly who they are and what it’s all about. Funny how inferiority complexes motivate superiority complexes in the vain. Mr. Malleable can’t hold onto anything except his lack of credentials.

maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Very funny. I can easily see the New York Times publishing a piece like that.

Next, maybe they’ll be inspired to parody the idiot anchor at the Kansas Fox affiliate who saw a conspiracy to put the “hang” in “change” (see Allah’s link to “Stereotyping” above).

Buy Danish on August 28, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Better word–snob

texette on August 28, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Hilarious!

But, really, why are the Republicans trying to portray Obama as elitist and all that stuff? They’re supposed to make racist and bigoted attacks on him. Didn’t they read Obama’s script for how this election is supposed to go?

backwoods conservative on August 28, 2008 at 1:05 PM

I think that might be Garrett Morris. It’s hard to tell with the beard.

exlibris on August 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Dude,
I almost spit my coffee on my monitor.

WhoooHoo, That’s RICH.

Marine_Bio on August 28, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Hilarious!

They don’t get it Allah.

coldshot on August 28, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Oh ye of little faith… :)

RD on August 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Oh ye of little faith… :)

RD on August 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM

You’re right.☺

coldshot on August 28, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Ha!! Really the best part:

Guest: “I remember there was a time when a white person would see a black man on the street and cross to the other side for fear he’d get mugged–

White news babe: ” [enthusiastically] Oh, it wasn’t that long ago…”

LOL….

Joe Comment on August 28, 2008 at 2:55 PM

So when did The Onion start putting on serious news?

- The Cat

MirCat on August 28, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Whole thing was priceless, and I have to agree with “especially the part about PBS”. Teeheehee

OneGyT on August 28, 2008 at 7:40 PM