Video: Barack Obama’s greatest hits!
posted at 11:10 am on August 28, 2008 by Ed Morrissey
With Barack Obama preparing to give his acceptance speech in the arena-rock setting of the Barackopolis at Invesco Field tonight, perhaps it’s fitting to review his campaign’s greatest hits. Danny Glover at Eyeblast has compiled a Top Ten Moments of Obama on the campaign trail, set to appropriate music:
1. Farewell To Arms — Obama’s plan to dismantle U.S. defenses
2. Loveable Rogues – An open invitation for talks with global thugs
3. Bomb Iran — Maybe, depending on what day you ask
4. Baby Be Gone — No one wants to be “punished” with babies
5. Workin’ 9 to 5 — Tough questions are “above my pay grade”
6. The Gospel Of Barack — The gay marriage Sermon on the Mount
7. Take The Race Bait — Typical dollar bills … and white people
8. Bitter — The guns ‘n Bibles crowd
9. Jeremiah Was An Albatross — Tossed under the bus with Grandma
10. A Gaffe A Minute — Fallen heroes in the 57 states of America
Don’t forget to break out the lighters every time Obama mentions Hope and Change, “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for”, and “This is the moment”. You may want to stock up on Bics before the show starts, however.
Exit question: How many encores will the crowd demand from Obama?