Video: Barack Obama’s greatest hits!

posted at 11:10 am on August 28, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

With Barack Obama preparing to give his acceptance speech in the arena-rock setting of the Barackopolis at Invesco Field tonight, perhaps it’s fitting to review his campaign’s greatest hits.  Danny Glover at Eyeblast has compiled a Top Ten Moments of Obama on the campaign trail, set to appropriate music:

1. Farewell To Arms — Obama’s plan to dismantle U.S. defenses
2. Loveable Rogues – An open invitation for talks with global thugs
3. Bomb Iran — Maybe, depending on what day you ask
4. Baby Be Gone — No one wants to be “punished” with babies
5. Workin’ 9 to 5 — Tough questions are “above my pay grade”
6. The Gospel Of Barack — The gay marriage Sermon on the Mount
7. Take The Race Bait — Typical dollar bills … and white people
8. Bitter — The guns ‘n Bibles crowd
9. Jeremiah Was An Albatross — Tossed under the bus with Grandma
10. A Gaffe A Minute — Fallen heroes in the 57 states of America

Don’t forget to break out the lighters every time Obama mentions Hope and Change, “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for”, and “This is the moment”. You may want to stock up on Bics before the show starts, however.

Exit question: How many encores will the crowd demand from Obama?

Comments

#11 “I will turn back evolution!”

lobosan5 on August 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM

CHANGE: Democrat Minority.
Change We Can Believe IN!

maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM

isn’t he going to heal the world and lower ocean levels??

right4life on August 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Eh…Bitter clinger in photo…finger inside trigger guard? Real smart…NOT.

fossten on August 28, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Barack will meet with terrorist leaders with no preconditions but wouldn’t participate in a debate on Fox. Hypocracy.

TooTall on August 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM

I just want to know if he is going to smash a guitar on the stage after his set and which groupies in the front row he picks out to come backstage.

grdred944 on August 28, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Exit question: How many encores will the crowd demand from Obama?

57. One encore for each state’s delegation.

Weight of Glory on August 28, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Excellent. Was only disappointed that they didn’t sneak in the “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died—an entire town destroyed,”

It’s not as important has how his kids shouldn’t be “punished” with a baby, but it’s one of the first I recall of his goofs.

And another one that could have been added was the ‘this was the time that the sea level stopped rising, and we began to care for the sick,’ …

But an very good video.

wise_man on August 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Hilarious… well, no, its sad… well, no, its hilariously sad.

lionheart on August 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I think no one makes it clearer than Senator Obama does that Senator Obama should not be elected president.

Delta Wild Man on August 28, 2008 at 11:24 AM

I’d like to point out 2 math errors in the “57 state” vignette… first, he says that he’s been to 57 states, with only one more to go (58 states?), then says that he also hasn’t been to AK or HI (59, 60?).

I’m confused. I need a refresher on geography AND math.

lionheart on August 28, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Some of those statements are so damning its amazing he’s even considered a plausible candidate for the Democrats. Had any Republican uttered even a tenth of those ridiculous lines he/she would have been tarred, feathered and ridden out of town in shame.

smfoushee on August 28, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Just Words, gone all useless.

Just Truth, gone AWOL.

Just to much, gone all boring.

Just a Putin Puppet of old commie lies and fraud.

Just Not Obama.

badtothebone on August 28, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Awesome.

becki51758 on August 28, 2008 at 11:25 AM

That first one needs to be shown over and over again. “I will slow the production of new weapons.” Yeah, that’s what we need during war time. Which goes nicely with part 3 and Iran spending 1/100th of what we spend on the military, Zues wants to make it a fair fight.

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Their title: “Obama’s plan to dismantle U.S. defenses” isn’t that far off the mark of what Obama would like to do. I didn’t like John Kerry’s plans that were slightly similar back in 04. But I knew that while Kerry was a democrat, he wasn’t stupid. I think that maybe some of that was just talk to attract the moonbats in the democrat party who think that Bush knew about 9/11 and lied & invaded Iraq for the sole purpose of boosting Cheney’ sHaliburton stock. The same cant be said of Obama when it comes to our nation’s defenses.

wise_man on August 28, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Obama’s chickens,,, comin’ home to roast?

TheSitRep on August 28, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Please stop the lies. He never said there were 57 states. That’s twisting his words.

If you listen to what he said, the gaffe is even worse. He said that as of whenever he was speaking, he had already been to 57 states. He went on to say that he had not been permitted to go Alaska and Hawaii. So he’s apparently talking about the continental 57?

Since then, his handlers apparently relented on the Hawaii probibition, so by my count he’s now made it to 58, all but one of all 59 states. I’d like to see that flag design.

EconomicNeocon on August 28, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Too bad his mother was punished with a baby.

DeweyWins on August 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Barackopolis! HA! Could this convention be considered “Barackapalooza?” I wonder if he’s planning a “Baracktober Fest” to raise money? Is the crowd size a “Barometer” of the…oh wait…that’s an actual word.

robblefarian on August 28, 2008 at 11:42 AM

I trust it’s pronounced bear-a-kop-o-lis?

EconomicNeocon on August 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Last night, it occurred to me why the statement “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for” sounded so familiar, along with the rest of the One’s rhetoric. He lifted it from Michael Jackson.

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one.
There are people dying and it’s time to lend a hand
To life – the greatest gift of all.
We can’t go on pretending day by day
That someone somewhere will soon make a change.
We are all a part of God’s great big family
And the truth
you know
love is all we need.

We are the world
we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
so let’s start giving.

There’s a choice we’re making
we’re saving our own lives.
It’s true
well make a better day
just you and me.

Well
send them your heart
so they’ll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free.
As God has shown us by turning stones to bread
And so we all must lend a helping hand.

We are the world
We are the world
We are the children
. . .
We are the world
We are the children

YellowDawg on August 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM

I wonder if they’ll be serving “Baracklava” tonight? It would go well with the Greek theme!

robblefarian on August 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

robblefarian on August 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I don’t know but I bet ya there will be plenty PITA there.

And plenty Flwaffle.

TheSitRep on August 28, 2008 at 11:55 AM

11) Invade Pakistan.

jbh45 on August 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM

3-10 are worrying, but 1 and 2 are downright DANGEROUS.

lodge on August 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM

and some hamas.

TheSitRep on August 28, 2008 at 11:57 AM

As if a Rocky Mountain coronation were not lofty enough, Barack Obama will aim for Mount Olympus when he accepts his party’s nomination atop an enormous, Greek-columned stage – built by the same cheesy set team that put together Britney Spears’ last tour. But the set is designed to evoke the White House and the Lincoln Memorial, not the Acropolis, said staging supervisor Bobby Allen, a Spears set vet.
“We’ve done Britney’s sets and a whole bunch of rock shows, but this was far more elaborate and complicated and we had to do it in far less time,” said Allen, of RDA Entertainment.

Brat on August 28, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Nice!

Torch on August 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Only 10?

Shy Guy on August 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM

12. Start negotiations with whoever it is in charge of Gaza.

mjk on August 28, 2008 at 12:03 PM

I wonder if he’s planning a “Baracktober Fest” to raise money? – Rob

Ha! You’re on a roll! (Or is that a gyro?)

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Love it, love it. (Especially the pic at 3:33 ;-)

More please!

Gilda on August 28, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Of course he’d meet with Chavez. Bill Ayers’ step son, Chesa Boudin is an advisor to the Venezuelan govt and could make the travel arrangements.

moxie_neanderthal on August 28, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Ha! You’re on a roll! (Or is that a gyro?)

Mmmmmm…gyros. I think I might have that tonight. Now if I can just find my toga…

robblefarian on August 28, 2008 at 12:16 PM

[Lyrics to “We Are the World” snipped]

YellowDawg on August 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM

And, of course, PJ O’Rourke analyzed this some time back. I don’t have the complete critique, but here’s the money shot:

We are the world [solipsism],
we are the children [average age near forty]
We are the ones to make a brighter day [unproven]
So let’s start giving [logical inference supplied without argument]
There’s a choice we’re making [true as far as it goes]
We’re saving our own lives [absurd]
It’s true we’ll make a better day [see line 2 above]
Just you and me [statistically unlikely]

That’s three palpable untruths, two dubious assertions, nine uses of a first-person pronoun, not a single reference to trouble or anybody in it and no facts.

ErikTheRed on August 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

ErikTheRed on August 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

:D

thanks for that. Amazingly, you could apply those criticisms to Obama’s campaign.

YellowDawg on August 28, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Where’s Al Queda when you need them?

leftnomore on August 28, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Exit question: How many encores will the crowd demand from Obama?

As many as the house fluffer can incite them to demand.

FlatFoot on August 28, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Thanks, this is good. I have a personal goal of converting at least one OBot per week, and I need stuff that says a lot in a short time- since I’m finding most of them have a very short attention span. Hopefully the video link will stay up through the weekend.

Too bad his mother was punished with a baby.
DeweyWins on August 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Priceless, DeweyWins!

dinobalz on August 28, 2008 at 1:17 PM

As the comments here have shown, there are many more goofs and gaffes that didn’t make the video. Showing all of the The One’s missteps would require a full-length film.

backwoods conservative on August 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM

#11 In hindsight, I would’t do the surge even though we all now see it worked. (video)
btw…not hearing a lot about Iraq at the convention…hmmm…I wonder why.

dont taze me bro on August 28, 2008 at 1:34 PM

dont taze me bro on August 28, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Oops…correct link to video.

dont taze me bro on August 28, 2008 at 1:36 PM

#12 Ayers is just a guy in my neighborhood.

dont taze me bro on August 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM

#13 “Plugs” Biden is my choice for VP

sabbott on August 28, 2008 at 1:56 PM

#14. Boneheaded and inartful.

TexasDan on August 28, 2008 at 2:09 PM

#15. Receding oceans.

TexasDan on August 28, 2008 at 2:10 PM

This is GREAT… Have you seen the youtube John McCain “Remote Control” video? It is really, really good.

reshas1 on August 28, 2008 at 2:13 PM

reshas1 on August 28, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Yup, here’s the hot air thread on that one:

dont taze me bro on August 28, 2008 at 2:27 PM

“We’re the ones your waiting for to go away, already.”

Seriously, I cannot fathom having to listen to this clown’s schtick for four or eight years, not to mention whatever circus sideshow of a cabinet he would pick.

NoDonkey on August 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Those are not the greatest hits that I once knew.

My collies says:

Just words?

CyberCipher on August 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM

I had a nightmare a few months ago. We had been invaded by Russia and China. Pres. Obama stood at the podium, his head bent forward. Without looking up he said, “This is a very sad day for America. In order to save millions of American lives, we have no choice but to surrender.”

Think it couldn’t happen? Think again.

mushroom on August 28, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Obama is quite the gaffe machine. I seem to remember VP Dan Quayle spelling potato “wrong” and the MSM acted like he was some kind of moron. They just would not let go of it. Obama makes more mistakes in one hour and the MSM ignores it. Just wonderful!

Flint Stone on August 28, 2008 at 7:01 PM