Video: “An American Carol” montage

posted at 9:00 pm on August 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

I want to love it, guys. Sincerely. Just like I wanted to love “The Half-Hour News Hour.” But … I don’t know. I just. don’t. know. Look at it this way: How many good movies has Gary Coleman been in?

Exit question: Which lefty hatchet site will be the first to cite the zombie scene as promoting a wingnut “climate of violence”? Media Matters or Think Progress?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Looking forward to seeing this movie. Give the liberals a stroke.

cjs1943 on August 29, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Egad. And those are the highlights?

Guess I’ll have to wait for Greg Gutfeld to make a movie.

Exurban Jon on August 29, 2008 at 12:31 AM

…and again I say…

“Dennis Hopper?!?!?!?!?”

MT

Mistahtibbs on August 29, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Hawthorne on August 29, 2008 at 12:15 AM

At least you are not from Ohio State..

I would wear my MSU sweatshirt when I would work in AA.. when I was asked why I would wear a shirt from a crappy school, I would say that my wife graduated from the Vet college.. then I would hear, ‘Oh, Best in the Country, their Vet school’..

DaveC on August 29, 2008 at 12:41 AM

Seems the movie review sites are already panning it as horrible.

Hawthorne on August 29, 2008 at 12:46 AM

They all looked pretty funny to me. I’d go to see it.

auspatriotman on August 29, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Yeah, I want to love it too.
The zombie scene was the only part I burst out laughing during that whole montage (though I’d seen a couple of those on TV).

eforhan on August 29, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Subtle, indeed. I thought it was pretty funny!

CP on August 29, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Well, I thought the clips were great.

As far a the Dennis Hopper one, maybe some film buffs can look up the last few minutes of “Easy Rider” and see if that “try this, it’s fun” shooting-the-ACLU-zombies line comes from that film….

Lockstein13 on August 29, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Won’t go to the theatre (no beer I’m outta here) but it looks promising.

kellyjane on August 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM

We have got “Movie Taverns” in Texas. They serve ice cold Shiner beer.

Johan Klaus on August 29, 2008 at 1:30 AM

And Allah wept, because, to borrow from the scribe,there were no more worlds of moral quandry (relativism) to conquer…
Seriously, liberal-dementia driven attacks based upon a fictitious “climate of violence,” aren’t gonna stop me from deriving a chuckle or two.

Green 6 golf on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 AM

I cracked up a few times… on this

but watch “you don’t mess with the Zohan”… now that’s funny.

Kaptain Amerika on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 AM

“They’re not people – they’re the ACLU.

BLAM BLAM

Try it, it’s fun.”

God I love Dennis Hopper.

peski on August 29, 2008 at 1:32 AM

I’ll certainly go see it, but I do expect it to be vilified by the media. Of course, movies about Bush being assassinated are fine…

TexasAg03 on August 29, 2008 at 1:44 AM

I laughed at every clip. This one earns my money.

Nessuno on August 29, 2008 at 2:35 AM

I will see it.

hadsil on August 29, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Guess I’ll have to wait for Greg Gutfeld to make a movie.

He has. Let’s just say it was geared toward a very select audience.

Jim Treacher on August 29, 2008 at 3:03 AM

I laughed at every clip. This one earns my money.

Nessuno on August 29, 2008 at 2:35 AM

Just a hunch, but I’ve got a feeling this may be a film that a lot of people have been waiting for but never thought they’d ever see made.

Box office surprise?

No matter what, I’m there opening night.

SuperCool on August 29, 2008 at 3:43 AM

Allah, what would you like to see?

A conservative version of Redacted?

EnglishMike on August 29, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Sorry. Didn’t laugh once. Not even a smile. Now Leslie Nielsen saying, “Sorry, lady. I don’t think I can take another 67 of those…” was funny. But that was how long ago??

Captain Scarlet on August 29, 2008 at 4:32 AM

Dennis Hopper blowing away liberal zombies with a shotgun?

After I saw that, I stopped caring whether the movie was gonna be good or bad or whatever.

I’m already in the theater, front seat, middle row.

SteakRules on August 29, 2008 at 4:33 AM

As long as it doesn’t turn out like Scary Movie 4 it should be pretty good.

Cr4sh Dummy on August 29, 2008 at 4:43 AM

I think the movie will do fine.

I think most of the stuff will be lost on libs, I mean I understand the scene regarding Nevil Chamberlain, but I think on most who have been raised in public schools they will be in the total dark as to why Hitler singing a folk song would be funny.

Who the hell listens to the opinion of people who watch movies for living? They fawned all over redacted and the rest and they all tanked.

RobertInAustin on August 29, 2008 at 4:46 AM

I so want this to be funny. But clips don’t make me very hopeful.

I’ll probably go see it anyway, just to help its box office numbers…

richardj on August 29, 2008 at 4:56 AM

Just remember, according to IMDb, it’s not being released on October 3rd.

(“Nopers, we’ll just ignore it and not acknowledge it and hope it goes away.”)

I hate it when a supposedly neutral site shows it’s insanely left leanings this way. They did the exact same thing with “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed”. Sigh.

Theophile on August 29, 2008 at 5:10 AM

The reason you aren’t laughing is because you weren’t shocked or surprised, nothing was over-the-top, and nobody was terribly insulted. Compare that to how hard you laughed when you saw the “Film Actors Guild” banners and heard “I So Ronry” for the first time.

If you want to be reassured this will be a funny movie, watch ‘Airplane’ or ‘Naked Gun’ again.

TMK on August 29, 2008 at 5:47 AM

I liked the “will you just stop chanting” clip.

Catches the mental level of most liberal rallies.

MarkTheGreat on August 29, 2008 at 7:25 AM

I know I’ll see it. ANY movie that pokes Michael Moron is on my list.

jdsmith0021 on August 29, 2008 at 7:25 AM

Damn, that was funny stuff. Allah, I do know, I do know.

At least these clips. Chamberlain/Hitler scene. Classic.

themistocles on August 29, 2008 at 7:33 AM

It looks funny to me.
Love the ACLU zombies.

right wing chicky on August 29, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Can I buy season tickets? Looks like a good one. Be nice if it wins an Oscar, but I’m not holding my breath.

tre on August 29, 2008 at 8:11 AM

I’m in line for this one. The clips looked pretty funny. Just gotta talk hubby into watching the baby for a couple of hours. :)

OT, but just to mention that little Christopher Jacob joined us in the world on August 21. :) Last time I posted on this film, I was still waiting for his arrival.

ScoopPC11 on August 29, 2008 at 8:20 AM

lame..very lame

RobCon on August 29, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Dennis Hopper in a black robe blowing away ACLU lawyers with a shotgun? There’s your price of admission.

Buddahpundit on August 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I’m with you Allah, I didn’t laugh. I agree with all the points made, but it just did not make me laugh.

silenced majority on August 29, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Buddahpundit on August 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM

You know, I was iffy on seeing it, but when you’ve got Judge Dennis Hopper blasting ACLU Zombies…

How can you not see it?

Jones Zemkophill on August 29, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Surprise!!

Shy Guy on August 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Looks like they have strong parts and not so strong parts. It’ll get panned because the people who support those being spoofed are going to be a bit sensitive. Still want to see it, though.

Also, a movie this hyper-partisan is going to give cover for other conservative movies. “You’ve got conservatives in your movie!” “Well, it’s not as bad as Zucker’s film.”

Besides, AP, don’t take it so seriously. It’s slapstick. It’s either funny or it’s not.

pt on August 29, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I saw a trailer for this when I went to see “Death Race” of all things. It actually looks funny to me.

TheUnrepentantGeek on August 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM