Hot Air TV@DNC: Crazy Gitmo madness

posted at 10:51 am on August 28, 2008 by Michelle

What happens when Hot Air TV special correspondent Jason Mattera puts on his orange jumpsuit to petition DNC protesters in support of Netflix and MSNBC (and Jihad Olympics!) for the deprived Gitmo detainees?

Instant classic, awesomely awesome video! Enjoy the best of Jason’s undercover work and send it to all your friends. Special thanks to the People’s Press Collective for their camera and editing help.

Too many favorite moments to name, but I’ll alert you to a few of mine. Watch out for the eco-conscious couple’s reaction when Jason suggests the ultimate carbon footprint solution. Hackysack with Little John Edwards. And: Jason’s got some mad ballroom dancing skillz.

Comments

Oh the Humanity!

Lance Murdock on August 28, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Michelle, I hope HA is going to pay Jason for the decontamination he’ll need after being around all those smelly hippies.

Lance Murdock on August 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Deprived? Not so much. There’s a reason they’re all getting chubby – that’s why we created the Gitmo cookbook. It’s good stuff.

Laura on August 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM

They enthusiastically agreed to eHarmony, Jihad Olympics, Netflix, MSNBC/Al Jazeera and gift certificates to Best Buy. Holy f*cking sh*t.

amerpundit on August 28, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Jason is my hero.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Give them their own jihad Olympics, e-harmony, but no Netflix for Aghanistan without subtitles as well…

love it or die replaced love it or leave it

maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I’m an Army wife and we’re stationed in Korea and AFN (Armed Forces Network) just showed V for Vendetta. Seeing those Gitmo actors makes me feel like I’m in that sick movie. What a buncy of crap!

Amy Proctor on August 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM

These HotAir videos need to be made into commercials for the RNC.

pullingmyhairout on August 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM

I don’t know if I should feel sorry or feel angry. This is absolutely brilliant on Jason’s part as he reveals the sheer ignorance and stupidity of these people.

kyarnes on August 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, remind us of Bill Clinton’s Era.

Americans recall Black Hawk Down and the Branch Davidian Massacre at Mt. Carmel outside of Waco.

The DNC enforced federal murder of innocent children and babies, coerced a Cuban refugee boy from his relatives arms to return to Cuba and be Fidel’s pet boy, and decimated our military numbers, and enforce policies preventing the military from functioning properly to protect themselves let alone the nation. TOP IT OFF WITH THE CHERRY: Clinton had Osama bin Laden over 10 times in his hands to finish off, and NEVER ONCE made the POTUS move to protect the USA. Instead, Carter placed Khomeini in the Shah’s place WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PRECEDENCE FOR REMOVING A LEGITIMATE MONARCH. And Clinton finishes mutilating America during his 8-year stint in the Oval Office.

So Barack’s “CHANGE” mantra is truly simply to erase their own record in order to do it over with higher stakes and worse outcome this time around.

Change the Democrats into the Minority!

maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Nice job, Jason!! It’s seems so fitting that all those losers, old and young, who have nothing better to do and have little or no understanding of current events, are all in a place where those INSIDE the convention halls are telling America that we need to take care of all those poor people…..outside the convention hall. Beautiful!

HomeoftheBrave on August 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM

“Hey, if al-qaeda can take it, you can take it.”

hahahaha

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Rotating turns for police like jury duty?

Do these morons put ANY thought into these stupid ideas of theirs?

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM

hahaha These are great! Jason rocks!!

These people freak me out!

becki51758 on August 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM

How can he keep a straight face?

pb5000 on August 28, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Jason is the man! He is not long for major gigs. If FOX was clever, they would put him in a pilot of some sort. CO-Produced by the MM team of course.
Thank you Jason for being on our side!

Hummer53 on August 28, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Gift certificates to Radio Shack was my favorite. Great stuff.

mikeyboss on August 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM

That’s a whole lotta stupid.

Sefton on August 28, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Notice how much nicer the Gitmo cell is than George Obama’s hovel in Kenya.

Disturb the Universe on August 28, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Any chance Jason could publish the names of the people who signed the petition? I think the rest of the world needs to be aware of who these wackos are…

richardj on August 28, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Does Jason go back to his room and wring his brain out like a mop to get rid of this stuff…this could mentally affect a sane man.

right2bright on August 28, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Notice how much nicer the Gitmo cell is than George Obama’s hovel in Kenya. – Disturb

Ha! Good point, that should be in Mac’s new ad.

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Any chance Jason could publish the names of the people who signed the petition? – Rick

And make sure they’re taken off the voter registration, nobody that dumb should be allowed to vote.

This reminds me of when the “Man Show” had a booth at one of these hippie conventions and they were getting people to sign a petition to End Women’s Suffrage because “women have suffraged enough in this country”! It was friggin’ hysterical!

Tony737 on August 28, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Eliminate your carbon footprint!

infidel on August 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Hahahah I love how he pulls the biggest BS out and they agree with him. “You have the right to dynamite” Grade A. Even better might be Jason’s idea of guns strapped to camels.

Rbastid on August 28, 2008 at 11:50 AM

I suspect these are the same people who used to follow the Grateful Dead around the country.

Disturb the Universe on August 28, 2008 at 11:51 AM

I’m thinking a couple of the petition signers might have been on to him. The quy questioning the addition of Netflix in particular.

Love how his barbs go right over their heads.

Anna on August 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I’m at a loss for words to describe the total awesomeness that is Jason Mattera.

Hilarious! He should have his own show. I expect we’ll be seeing a lot more of him in the future.

Gilda on August 28, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Jason Mattera, you are a god amongst men.

Pestilence on August 28, 2008 at 11:55 AM

All I can say is ROTFLMAO…the gift certificates are priceless!

Conagher on August 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM

I really would like to know if he has to seek out idiots or is only showing the idiots. I just can’t believe that he is showing the average demonstrators. If he is I feel sorry for the human race.

jmarcure on August 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM

The first one’s a classic, and IMO the best segment yet. Great hook, great middle, great ending. Nicely done. Best part: the one guy breaks out of his haze for 2 seconds to disagree with Jason about Netflix, and all Jason needs to say is “subtitles”. Nicely done.

pt on August 28, 2008 at 12:03 PM

personally I like to start off my conversations with a pre-emptive punch to the face just in case an argument arises /sarcasm

theguardianii on August 28, 2008 at 12:09 PM

I don’t know if anything can compare to listening to a well off middle aged woman explain how you can get yourself “waterboarded” like it’s the latest fashion craze. And I guess among the demented they really think that constitutes torture. It boggles my mind.

4shoes on August 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Jason, you are awesome. Keep up the good work and be careful.

American on August 28, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I don’t know how Jason finds these people (I am so afraid to think they are really there for the taking-surely he has to search)! I am laughing so hard but then so horrified at the same time. I want to believe there are only a handful of people IN THE WHOLE WORLD that are that stupid.

greenacres on August 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM

greenacres on August 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM

No, I don’t think he had to search, these were people running the booths.
Let these people feel comfortable, and their real identities come out.

right2bright on August 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

amerpundit on August 28, 2008 at 11:01 AM

I wonder if they would sign a petition to provide all these ameneties to the Troops who are covering their sorry a$$ess

ronsfi on August 28, 2008 at 12:59 PM

If these clowns won the lottery they still couldn’t buy a clue.

TooTall on August 28, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Great work, Jason. Your videos make it easy to see how the democrats have been able to sell just about anything to these nitwits. It is also very depressing to think that they now may represent the majority of voters.
Keep the good stuff coming and stay safe. You’ll want to be around to pick up that Pulitzer.

dinobalz on August 28, 2008 at 1:10 PM

My only question is why arent those ppl giving the keynote address

historian on August 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM

He needs to lay off the hacky-sac, that is a shibolith that will blow his cover.

TheSitRep on August 28, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Jason is absolutely a genius. He has a bright future in film, politics, or the media. If he could ever escape the discrimination against young Republicans to apply to those entities.

Well done, Jason.

Subsunk

Subsunk on August 28, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I think he almost blew his cover not being able to play hacky..

but it’s funny that some of the lines he drops would have caused an uproar if some mainstream blogger on the Right used it.. among their ‘own’ kind.. no problem..

DaveC on August 28, 2008 at 1:50 PM

lol come on now we know jason is just getting a list of people that are to stupid to breed evah .

Mojack420 on August 28, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Watching these is one of the best parts of my day.

Phred on August 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Jason’s looking a little scraggly! Funny funny stuff.

mimi1220 on August 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM

I love that face Jason gives after saying the gitmo sympathizer girl is “really smart.” Classic!

Grafted on August 28, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I look forward to Jason’s postings! Great job!
Keep exposing the loons!

rightwingmom on August 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM

LOL at that lady asking Jason after trying to explain fake waterboarding:

“Um, do you like to go on the Internet?”

inviolet on August 28, 2008 at 2:52 PM

These should be on Jay Leno, seriously. Jay, call him.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 28, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Police should be like Jury Duty? They dude’s are crazier than Sandoval.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 28, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Jason is absolutely great.

Black Adam on August 28, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Fun and games for Jason Mattera, perhaps…?

Not so much for Binyam Mohamed, held at Gitmo…!

J_Gocht on August 28, 2008 at 3:28 PM

LOL I thought that you would burn the petition or something.
I don’t have enough $$$ for netflix, much less to pay for terrorists to use netflix.

They were great. I think you should publish those names.

johnpaul on August 28, 2008 at 3:33 PM

OMFG!!!! We have GOT to get Jason to do this more… like an awesome man on the hippy street segment. Just ship him back to Frisco after the convention and go to town with the freaks. Sweet Sweet fun. There are not words to describe the awesome.

bigskinny on August 28, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Whoa…!

“The Bush administration must be very worried about war crimes charges if they’re willing to go to these lengths to bully an ally into keeping torture secret. But if the High Court rules for Mohamed, then the British government won’t have a choice. It cannot overule the Court.

Dusting it up with The Ruskies and the Brits at the same time…?

I thought our military was presently, a bit “short handed”…?

J_Gocht on August 28, 2008 at 3:39 PM

God, I wish these videos weren’t blocked here at work!

Torch on August 28, 2008 at 3:40 PM

The Gitmo cell, way better than the tents US CITIZENS dwell in here in the Arizona heat for offenses such as DUI.

What really makes me sad is that just one of those Yo Yo’s cancels out my vote.

VikingGoneWild on August 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM

coerced a Cuban refugee boy from his relatives arms to return to Cuba
maverick muse on August 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Coerced? How about kidnapped at gun point? This event alone should discredit Clinton and the Democrats from any discussion regarding protection of Americans and our families.

jerseyman on August 28, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Now I really see why they are called Moonbats – eye opening and hard to believe – Jason, simply leads these people by the nose.

Bhagwani on August 28, 2008 at 3:57 PM

By the end of the second one I was in a trance, almost thinking that what the loonies were saying was normal. I came to my senses and realized that i was just re-living my senior year in college…I was surrounded by these people, and here they are again, some of which were spawned by my generation.
I’ll be sending those links fer schure.
As far as this is concerned: “Not so much for Binyam Mohamed, held at Gitmo…!” J_Gocht
There are exceptions in all prisons; some are innocent. I’m a bit biased in favor of what our military does rather than say, the border patrol in the SW because they have recently taken the side of drug smugglers over their own (decorated) BP agents who put their lives on the line every day.
Research it, you may find that Mohamed isn’t so innocent.
Lawyers will murder The Truth if it means a big payday.

Christine on August 28, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Christine on August 28, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Christine, you slice and dice my naughty bits and I’d swear to the devil you were a saint…!

Honest honey…!

J_Gocht on August 28, 2008 at 4:13 PM

WOT, St. Christine? I was accused of being a healer when i worked at The Golden Door. My answer was that I wasn’t paid enough to be a healer…so, sorry to say that I’m way too non-pious to be a saint. ;-)

Christine on August 28, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Take one for the team, that’s hilarious!

crabtree on August 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Judging from your comment, methinks think that you’re pulling our legs. Jolly good fun, J! Christine on August 28, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Praise the Lord, Christine…you still have both of your’s…!

Thousands and thousands havn’t been so fortunate.

J_Gocht on August 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM

And these tools are too stupid to see that they’re being played. Can we really trust these idiots to run our country? I think not.

PS. Jason has a really quick wit and balls the size of church bells.

Big John on August 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Hey, I want Jason’s job and that awsome orange fish house!

allrsn on August 28, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Afghani, they understand Afghani… I think he is referring to Pashtu (Pashto). Most of those in Gitmo are Arabs, the few Afghans that are there speak dialects of Dari, Pasthu, Farsi…. I thought they were the ones who are supposed to be the educated, not us dumb hick conservatives and independents…..

joe99jpn on August 28, 2008 at 5:37 PM

“What we need to do is let these people back on the battlefield.”

[loontard nods in agreement]

“…clearly, back on the battlefield.”

Genius.

anuts on August 28, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Awesome stuff Jason! Practice your hackysack technique. It almost gave you away…..hehe…..

nottakingsides on August 28, 2008 at 5:48 PM

You just can’t make this stuff up. How does he not laugh out loud at this idiocy?

Jeffersonian on August 28, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Jason deserves an Oscar Award. I don’t know if he’s having more fun than us watching him or if it’s the other way around. Either way, he deserves an award or maybe his own tv show on Comedy Central.

Geronimo on August 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM

“You can accidentally come up to a battlefield and trip on a bazooka and pick it up and accidentally set it off”, classic.

Geronimo on August 28, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I don’t know if those folks don’t think or can’t think.

Johan Klaus on August 28, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Everybody gets a turn at doing everything. That’s great. How can people be that clueless and still function?

Maxx on August 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Praise the Lord, Christine…you still have both of your’s…!

Thousands and thousands havn’t been so fortunate.

J_Gocht on August 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I took one to the head and lost my right eye. The grandson was wounded in Afghanstan. The Marine son has yet to come home. Several uncles did’nt make it back from WW2. I have got several friends with missing limbs. You know what, you deal with it and thank God that you live in the greatest country on earth.

Johan Klaus on August 28, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Jason and his cameraman must spend a good 3-4 hours in the shower after a day of filming to get the hippie stink off them.

By the way, that Gitmo cell would go for a good $600/month where I live and there would be a line for applications.

Well, the good news is that most of these folks will be too stoned to vote on election day; hell most are too stoned to do much of anything most days, and that includes bathing.

Jason, I LOVE your attempt to convince those libtards to eliminate their “carbon footprint” (what exactly does that term mean anyways!?!). Funny how they are not as willing to help out Momma Nature the best way they can, they are after all walking, unregulated, CO2 generators (and they have been since birth!) as they are to tell others how to behave. F@#k them!!!!

I do feel sorry for the clean up crews afterward though; double glove, make sure the mask fits very snuggly, double tape on the hazmat suits, get out the long, long tongs and lots and lots of bleach guys!!!

Bubba Redneck on August 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM

They should stick with protesting,…wait they suck at it too… nevermind

gr8inferno on August 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Wow…Just think about it–these people vote!
No wonder we got Bubba, twice.

jgapinoy on August 28, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Michelle’s delicious revenge after the Moonbat attack of the other day. My heavens, these fools come complete with nose rings and plugged ears. Just yank and they’ll follow any Leftist Lemming path!

Mattera’s working on an Oscar…

T J Green on August 29, 2008 at 3:02 AM

Jason Mattera is my hero! LOL.

BobUSMC on August 29, 2008 at 9:48 AM

ROFLMA!!!

This proves that you cannot parody liberals, but it is absolutely 100% entertainment that I can watch for hours.

Bleed_thelizard on August 29, 2008 at 9:58 AM

God Bless you Jason.
Best line….”take some extra pills and reduce your carbon footprint by 100%”

arbin82 on August 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM