Rich Lowry goes there: Huckabee for VP?

posted at 11:20 am on August 26, 2008 by Allahpundit

Not the first time Lowry’s blown this little bubble, do note. And in both cases he’s punctuated his thought with words to the effect of, “Too bad he’s so awful on economics and national security and pretty much everything else.” Yeah, too bad.

But wouldn’t Huckabee make a lot of sense given the things we’ve learned the last two weeks? 1) McCain might have a “wealth problem,” and certainly Democrats are going to try to hit his wealth for all its worth in their play for working-class voters; Huckabee doesn’t have a problem on this front, and has lots of working-class cred. 2) The pro-choice trial balloon hasn’t been well received, and it’s clear that a pro-choice nominee would create a major disruption; Huckabee is pro-life. 3) Obama picked Biden who is going to a vivid presence (for better or worse) on the stump and could be formidable in debate; Huckabee is a great campaigner and might be just the guy to puncture Biden in a debate. 4) (This is a less important point.) The McCain folks have made a huge deal about differences between Obama and Biden during the primaries; McCain and Huckabee didn’t have much in the way of differences and went out of their way to praise each other.

The only one that’s persuasive is number three, and really, how important will the VP debate be? Huck’s blue-collar-ness won’t get McCain off the hook for his wealth, and needless to say, there are other pro-life candidates available who are blessedly unblemished by an anti-McCain record — the current frontrunner notably excepted. In fact, almost everything here applies as well to Pawlenty as it does to Huckabee. The big difference (as Lowry later acknowledges) is media savvy — worth $125 million in Huck’s case according to one estimate, remember — but Pawlenty can deliver a soundbite when needed. On the prospects of facing off against Barry O’s windbag of a VP: “They’re going to have to extend the length of the debate to two or three hours.” And of course, unlike Huck, Pawlenty could flip his home state.

Isn’t the real problem with Huckabee that a lot of conservatives simply loathe him? He and Mitt are similar in that regard, ironically, although of course there’s practically no overlap between one group of haters and the other. In fact, Jonathan Adler’s already threatening at the Corner to walk the plank if the Lowry plan is put in play. Exit question: Gosh, I wonder how the Hot Air faithful will greet this idea. Huckamania?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I can see some Huckabytes possibly setting new speed records for getting registered and getting banned…

Think_b4_speaking on August 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Dude you must either be blind or out of your mind if you have not seen the many hundreds of anti-Christian statements on this site.

Your statement reeks of hypocricyhypocrisy.

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 1:31 PM

There, fixed yer again.

Does your keyboard keep shorting out, or do you have a slobber-proof cover on it?

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Your statement reeks of hypocricyhypocrisy.

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 1:31 PM

There, fixed yer again.

Does your keyboard keep shorting out, ‘cause you could get yourself a slobber-proof cover for it?

There fixed mine too.
trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 1:51 PM

It’s a problem I’ve wrestled with, Mormon Doc. Yes, arguing with St. Olaf and apacalyps, et. al. is pointless. And it does feel like facing down the Roman lion, to a limited extent.

But not standing up for what I believe in, and letting the anti-mormon brigades run riot and spewing what they claim we believe is doing anyone who doesn’t have an axe to grind a disservice either. I don’t want people’s only knowledge of Mormon beliefs to be what St. Olaf claims they are.

So I don’t know. I hope I do more good than bad.

Vanceone on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

I’m Mitt Romney and I approve this sacred undergarment.

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I expect nothing less from Hucksarmy of idiots. Stay classy Hucksters.

Look, I don’t agree with the man’s faith either. It is theologically way off base, but when it comes to politics, I leave religion at the door. Romney wasn’t my first choice, but he’s a hell of a lot better than the bitter baptist minister. I respected Huck before he started to sow the seeds of disunity in the Republican party. Hucksters are an irrational version of DNC Pumas.

hot-heir on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Another post where Huckabee and Romney posters con fight LMAO

Hopefully Mccain will pick Rudy, Thune or Palin avoid that mess. I would lean more toward Thune at the moment.

Chakra Hammer on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

In answer to the original question posed by Allahpundit, I would have a very hard time pulling the lever if Huckabee were on the ticket. I think he brings negatives from the primaries and no positives from his record. He also seems to be a loose cannon as evidenced by his recent assertions that Romney should have ignored the MA court ruling on gay marriage. McCain can do better.

I am not interested in getting into an argument about religion, but I would like to correct something from a previous post. I can find no evidence to support Olaf’s claim that the Catholic church teaches that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a cult. I have never been taught that, I have never heard any other Catholics speak or behave that way, and I can find no evidence at either the Vatican or US Council of Bishops’ websites. The Vatican reaffirmed/clarified current teaching about other religions last year with no declaration of “cult status” to other religions and the US Council of Bishops website has several references to cooperation with the Mormon church.

Back to the topic… I really think that McCain should pick a young, energetic running mate who brings a major domestic policy plus, preferably one relating to energy/oil. I do not think that running on hard-line social conservative issues (like gay marriage) is the way to win the election this year. People are worried about terrorism and their pocketbooks, IMHO.

Y-not on August 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Another post where Huckabee and Romney posters con fight LMAO
Chakra Hammer on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Hey Chakra, do you have any A to LO anymore?

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Yes MormonDoc I left a comment for you too on the other Huck post regarding my position on mormonism…

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Vanceone on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Perhaps we need a Redstate type control here. One warning, then zap.

The only reason I can think of to allow St.Olaf and marki baby and the rest of the bigots here is to get used to the rhetoric for campaign purposes.

They detract from any substantive discussion, providing nothing to anyone’s enlightenment.

AP is a big support of liberal type discourse, where you insult until someone gives up or you shoot someone. Or smoke a joint to calm down.

eaglesdontflock on August 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM

No wonder most of Hotairs readers and staff take a dim view of Mr. Huckabee.

2theright on August 26, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Much of the dim view is due to policy differences. Much is also due to the way he campaigned, and the way his supporters conduct themselves here at HA. Many of us consider them to be representative of the way he would govern.

a capella on August 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 1:59 PM

I think even the newbs are quite clear on your position on Mormonism, ScentLoaf. No need to refer to earlier posts, since they are 99.9% the same as your newer posts, and disdained by 99.99999% of HA posters.

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

So I don’t know. I hope I do more good than bad.

Vanceone on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

I hear you. I feel the same way about my comments here.

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Y-not on August 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM

As another lifelong Catholic, it is not the position of the Catholic Church. Way back when there were some radicals screaming about everyone that wasn’t
Catholic, but that died a good death.

Catholics do not condemn Mormons. St.Olaf scours ancient history to find anything small thorn with which to scourge the Mormons in this forum, regardless of truth.

eaglesdontflock on August 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM

eaglesdontflock on August 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Naw, it is fine as is. Once it gets too controlled, all you hear are echos. I’ve learned a lot about Huckster just getting to know his disciples.

a capella on August 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

If I was a mormon like you, I wouldn’t try the 99.99% argument. What % of this country is mormon BTW?

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

I actually don’t care a wit about the religious aspect of this topic. I don’t like the Huckster because he’s fake, he’s condescending, he’s petty, he’s a tax-hiking nanny-stating amnesty shill.

Darksean on August 26, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Chakra Hammer on August 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM

For the record I am not now nor have I ever been a Romney supporter. I loathe him nearly as much as I do the Huckster. There was a brief period when I took a serious look at the Huckster but after giving his record a close look I realized that I would have to a STARK RAVING LUNATIC to support someone with whom I fundamentally disagree about so many issues.

My issue is when certain people use Romney’s faith as a reason to disqualify him. It is a disgusting practice and I believe it is fundamentally unAmerican. Those low browed neanderthals engaging in such practices shouldn’t be allowed in polite society. Instead they should be relegated to the toothless backwoods where such genetic mutants congregate and stew in a pool of their own execrable ideaologies.

Oh and I don’t think they are nice either.

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:10 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 1:59 PM

I care why?

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Careful there; that’s 78% of the country you’re demonizing…

/sarc

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:10 PM

I think the fun of the huckster was that he had that little bit o’ crazy in him. I would never vote for him, but he was fun to watch. He and Paul made the debates entertaining instead of a Romney-McCain snipe-fest.

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Get real.. would you vote for a militant atheist or a sharia law enforcing muslim?

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Because Jesus wants you to care Doc. He is saving your soul not being a sanctimonious prick.

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:14 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Since Mormonism poses no threat to anything but your manhood, Olaf, I dont think your comparison is valid.

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:14 PM

It’s either/or?

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Does it matter? Does a majority mean Korrect? Just quotin yer useless stats back to you, ChINO.

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 2:16 PM

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I don’t know if this helps but I grew up surrounded by anti-Mormons and had some biases against the church. Eventually I decided to check out why there was all the anger and prejudice against a group of people that had always embodied Christianity in their actions toward me. I had been to a number of different churches but eventually converted to the LDS faith. Organizations, beliefs, people and behaviors that are pure and good cannot be obfuscated by statements of hate and libel.

I understand why certain statements bother you but I firmly believe that those who traffic in the comments you find offensive will always be found out for who they are. The logic, reason and aid you provide in the political discourse demonstrates the best possible side of the church.

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Honest to God, if Rich Lowry were the last man on earth I stil think I would say, “No, thanks.”

National Review is lost. Their brand is Bill Buckley; half of the editorial staff is center/left and they have no idea what they’re doing. They think Rush Limbaugh is out of touch. They have no perspective beyond that of the Northeast corridor, making them boring and utterly unoriginal. Their online editor has no expertise in anything, including electronic media. Anyone there worth reading can be read elsewhere.

BigD on August 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

They think Rush Limbaugh is out of touch.

BigD on August 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Out of touch? No.

Blowhard idiot? Yes

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Don’t forget the money the Dems spent on Huckabee. I think there is some terminal naivete going on here regarding how Romney lost his bid for the nomination.

eaglesdontflock on August 26, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I believe it all started in West Virginia and McCain sank to a lower depth against a fellow Republican than he ever would against a Democrat…

Unless you’re talking about the hordes of Mass. and Vermont Dems who crossed the border to sham the New Hampshire primary. That didn’t help Romney any.

I think we may need to return the favor:

Operation Payback 2012: If they’re going to New Hampshire to screw with our primary, we’ll go to New Hampsire and screw with their’s.

SuperCool on August 26, 2008 at 2:23 PM

SuperCool on August 26, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Conspiracies and whining are the last refuges of a loser.

I remember when everyone was claiming that Charlie Crist cheated here in FL to deliver it to McCain. Did it ever occur to them that alot of FL Republicans are just his demo. Old, vets, Cubans.

The only reason he lost FL last time was because it was already all over but the shouting.

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:26 PM

What a nice thread. I don’t care who is in which religion. I want the best team for the Republicans; I’ve been boosting Mitt Romney here for over a year,for the very good reason that I believe that he would be the best possible President/Vice President.
His outshining McCain may cost him the slot on the ticket, but my conscience is clear: I will vote Republican to avoid Democrat. Even if it’s McCain/Huck. But McCain/Romney is much more palatable for me. Please don’t ask me about McCain/Hillary.

Doug on August 26, 2008 at 2:28 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Your comparison is representative of your ignorance of the LDS faith.

I haven’t ever met a militant atheist. Are those people who don’t even believe that the Bible exists?

If a Muslim was intent on imposing Sharia law I wouldn’t need to oppose him because of his faith I would be able to oppose him because he was usurping the Constitution. You know that neat little set of rules that we have in this country. You should read it. It’s AWESOME!

Truth is that I don’t care what faith someone is when it comes to selecting a President. I care about their values and their willingness and ability to support/defend the Constitution.

I don’t know why you think anyone cares what you think about the LDS faith and why you think it is relevant to the political discussion. At least 96% of your arguments are based on information that is 78% comprised of theories that you or someone else made up. See I can make up statitistics too. Hey, it’s kinda fun.

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:30 PM

I think those country club rugrats over at NR spend way too much time trying to be clever.

peacenprosperity on August 26, 2008 at 2:34 PM

There’s zero indication” that McCain is considering Huckabee. Slublog on August 26, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Best news I have heard in weeks.

Think_b4_speaking on August 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Out of touch? No.

Blowhard idiot? Yes

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Whatever you think, bud. Although, if you have an opinion, I assume you must be listening.

I was thinking about all the NR articles and book pitches about the need for the Republicans to proactively participate in the nanny state. I don’t think the books did so well. Rush has 20 years on the top and a recent $400 million contract and the NR types say people like him are out of touch.

BigD on August 26, 2008 at 2:37 PM

As I said in the headlines above, part of what has helped McCain is the fact that McCain has managed to avoid the demonization of conservatives that has happened over the years. Because on occasion McCain will defy his party, the Democrats and media couldn’t afford to spend years setting the narrative of McCain as the yes-man to the eeeevil Religious ReiKKKh.

Huck is every squirrel-frying, Gomer-Pyle, amend-the-Constitution-for-Jesus stereotype the Left uses to scare moderates and conservatives away from voting Republican. He would become the nail on which the Democrats and media would use to paint the whole ticket as the mouthpieces for Pat Robertson.

BAD. IDEA.

Sekhmet on August 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM

No indication?

Mike Huckabee has already been vetted for VP consideration long ago.

It’s obvious that Mccain camp is taking a serious look at their internal polling that shows Huckabee helps him the most.

Just the fact that Rich Lowry(RINO and infamous Huckabee slanderer) is even mentioning it, shows that these RINO’s are beginning to come to grips with a Huckabee Vice Presidency.

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:44 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:44 PM

No, Saint Olaf. Rich Lowry was trying to get some attention and traffic to NRO.

BigD on August 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Mormon Doc on August 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Thanks, Doc, I really appreciate that.

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

And there it is.

Mormonism compared to Sharia and millitant atheism.

Question for you, SaintNutbag: say Queeg puts Mitt on the ticket: would it be preferable to you to support Queeg or would it be preferable to you to stay home on election day, with however many people that think like you, and guarentee victory for Obama, a guy who, in the name of the ONLY thing Dems hold sacred (diversity) appointed (with a massive Dem majority to confirm them) militant atheists, closet wahabists, neo-pagans, etc… to positions of high power?

I think you’re one of two things:

1. An Obama supporter mascarading as an angry evangelical, trying your best to paint evangelicals as the over-zealous, bigoted characitures that you believe them to be.

Or

2. You’re just too damn stupid to realize what constitutes a real threat to your faith. Just for reference, the last Dem president, another portly dope from Arkansas, had quite an extensive domestic wiretapping and survielence program of his own. Thing is, he wasn’t keeping an eye on possibly millitant Islamists, he was keeping tabs on evangelical Christian churches and organizations.

It was called VAAPCON.

Google it.

SuperCool on August 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM

There is a better chance of Obama becoming pro-life by Friday than McCain picking Huckabee for VP.

coolrepublica on August 26, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Ok, I’ll risk answering this question.

I would not vote for a presidential candidate who intended to impose sharia law on the country because, as I understand it, that would entail some major restrictions on my civil liberties. If he practiced strict religious law in his personal life, that might be ok, if those following those laws didn’t prevent him from performing his duties. For example, if one’s religious views prohibited cooperation with an ally like Israel or negated the possibility of ever exercising a military option, all bets would be off.

I do not know what a “militant atheist” is. Is that someone who wants to remove “In God we trust” from our money and keep manger scenes off of courthouse steps? If he was sound on the big issues (terrorism, defense, border control, economy), then yes, I would vote for that person.

I do not think it behooves the Republican party to appear to exclude (or disparage) people who aren’t practicing Christians or even religious. As long as candidates know how to separate their responsibilities as elected officials from their faith, I don’t care what their religious views are. I’m sure there are some people of deep faith who decide not to pursue careers in public service because their religious views take precedence. Those people deserve our respect. So, too, do politicians of sincere faith who try to act in the country’s best interests in their secular lives while being true to their religious views.

In short, I would rather lose this election than belong to a party that caves in to a special interest group who apply a litmus test to people’s religions. I’m not super enthusiastic about Romney as a VP choice and doubt McCain will pick him, but I would be alarmed and dismayed if I learned that he did not pick Romney because of the threats made by some evangelicals who have a personal axe to grind.

Y-not on August 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM

SuperCool on August 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Hey, leave SO alone. He’s doing so much for his own cause.

“You take the lies out of him, and he’ll shrink to the size of your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he’ll disappear.”
Mark Twain

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 3:01 PM

That would be about the only thing that could turn me against John McCain to the point where I even CONTEMPLATE staying home.

Agreed. Most of my family says the same thing.

JohnAGJ on August 26, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Conspiracies and whining are the last refuges of a loser.

Squid Shark on August 26, 2008 at 2:26 PM

You’re totally ignorant of how things work up here in New England, so I’ll let the loser bit slide.

When you get a chance, take a look at the requirements for voting in the New Hampshire primaries.

You’d be surprised that a state could run something so important while leaving open so many ways to game it.

New Hampshire’s about as accurate a barometer for a national campaign as the San Francisco Bay area, except colder and with a quarter of the population…except on the day of the primary.

SuperCool on August 26, 2008 at 3:10 PM

I think it would be great if we could all meet and talk out our differences calmly in an enlightened way but it ain’t gonna happen.
Huck is a fart sniffer sycophant who tried to weasel is way into the VP slot but mcain proably saw right throuh it and used him to get through the primarys.
His son alone would do so much damage to the ticket as to rule him out.
GTFO and KMA huckmen and huckwomen

kangjie on August 26, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Huckabee for for VP! Romney for PJs!

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Evacua cratera latinalem bis, Texas procul est

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Huckabee for for VP! Romney for PJs!
marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Some of you Huckabee supporters make Paulbots look reasonable.

Slublog on August 26, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Huckabee for for VP! Romney for PJs!

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Still on the undies kick, are we? Let’s move to Jewish kippahs next, k? Got any good ones?

hot-heir on August 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM

It is great fun insulting Huck and his supporters but now I grow tired and must rest.
I have nothing against ugly people marrying or spending time together but why breed and pass these flawed genetics on? How selfish

That is really the question

kangjie on August 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM

מנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסין

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 4:29 PM

McCain needs to pick a woman.

My collie says:

And we’re not talking about Rudi in drag here.

CyberCipher on August 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Ah, Cipher – you and your collie are a breath of fresh air and Snausages.

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 4:45 PM

SaintOlaf on August 26, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Dayum! What *is* in that kool-aid you’re drinking?

Look, Huck lost. Huck’s brand of bigoted “if you aren’t a baptist you aren’t shit” brand of feel-good populist politics *does not play* outside the farm belt.

McCain can’t win the election just by carrying Missouri, Iowa, Arkansas, etc.

Huck can’t help put *anything else* in play.

To quote Ferris, “It’s over. Go home”.

Mew

acat on August 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Are you people thick? Middle class men LIKE HUCKABEE MORE THAN ROMNEY. Period. Nothing else matters in this comparison.

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM

מנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסין

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 4:29 PM

My thoughts exactly. I was having a hard time finding the right characters on my new Babylonian keyboard. The Hebrew is much easier.

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM

marklmail on August 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Umm, no?

Mew

acat on August 26, 2008 at 5:04 PM

The Hebrew is much easier.

I think so as well.

‘course, it’s all Greek to me. (*rimshot*)

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 5:07 PM

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Wow, εγγράμματοι και Μορμόνοι.

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Not that εγγράμματοι I’m afraid. I’m just really good with Google. :)

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Not that εγγράμματοι I’m afraid. I’m just really good with Google. :)

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Now I’m torn – on the one paw, the thought of Huck as veep makes me nauseous – but on the other paw, gyros is sounding really good.

Mew

acat on August 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Ahh, stop with the false modesty. We’re all Googleoids now.

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Mew

acat on August 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM

mmmm fried goat parts…drenched in yogurt…mmmmmm

trailboss on August 26, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Mew

acat on August 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Go for the gyros. O’pa!

sulla on August 26, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Huckabee and Hillary, what a team taht would have been :)

JC Silverberg on August 26, 2008 at 5:42 PM

YellowDawg: See this post I made trying to explain the Huckabee dislike on HotAir.
I hope it explains more of what’s going on.
Vanceone on August 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Vanceone – Thanks for the link. I read your post and #1 is spot on! as quoted below:

“Huckabee is the most hypocritical and corrupt person we had running in this cycle. Even Ron Paul, crazy as he is, is more trustworthy. For most people on this site and my guess is, most Republicans, Huckabee represents the worst form of used car salesman/ tv evangelical you just know is preaching against immorality right before his appointment at the local hooker bar. Is Huck immoral? No idea, but his vibes scream that he’s selling us something.”

I couldn’t agree more with your take on Huckabee! The part about the “local hooker bar” might not be far off! Huck and his band play music about these things (such as Honky Tonk Woman by the Rolling Stones, about getting drunk and having sex with a hooker and then a divorcee)! If Huck has no problem as a minister singing the words….maybe he’s got no problem doing the deed?

All I know is that he makes my skin crawl!

Shelby on August 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Excellent choice!

Mike Huckabee is the only VP candidate that:

1. Appeals to blue collar voters

2. Strongly unites and inspires grassroot support from Christians

3. Would make a great president if something were to happen to Mccain

4. According to ALL of the most reliable polls; helps Mccain win more votes than any other VP candidate by far

5. Helps Mccain take a large portion of the youth vote and part of the black vote

6. Unites the party. i.e. If Mccain does not pick him, almost all of Huck’s supporters will not vote for Mccain.

SaintOlaf on August 27, 2008 at 8:02 AM

If Huckabee is nominated I’ll sit it out.

The man is despicable, dishonest, inconsistent, and a religious bigot. He’s also a damn poor manager.

If the country is going down the sewer one way way or the other then why not get the process over with faster? Rather than boil is slow like lobsters maybe the quick shock of heat will wake the country up to reality.

{^_^}