New Republican PAC ad: Barack Obama is horrible on immigration

posted at 9:12 pm on August 26, 2008 by Allahpundit

From the new conservative group “Our Country Deserves Better.” You know, I hadn’t thought about it, but I guess it would be pretty irresponsible to elect a candidate who pays lip service to border enforcement and pushes bilingualism at the expense of assimilation.

Good thing there’s an alternative, huh?

You’ll be happy to know that your party’s platform this year will not include any statement of opposition to “comprehensive immigration reform.” But then, how could it? Anything else would be racist.

Update: A spokesman for OCDB e-mails:

Hi there HotAir readers and others.

You know, part of the reason we chose to produce an ad on this topic is because we know it is unlikely Senator McCain will chose to do so given his efforts on “comprehensive immigration reform.”

We felt it important that those who believe in secure borders and assimilation and a Melting Pot (instead of an open border/pro-amnesty mindset) should speak up for our beliefs.

And so that is what we chose to do.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Fine.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Bob Barr, he’s my man
Know nary a thing about him
But with Juan and NoWhereMan the pickings are so slim
I’ll vote for him as fast as I can

MB4 on June 4, 2008 at 9:22 PM

So that is your smoking gun that he is a Barr supporter? You are an idiot.

Tuco on August 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Not totally sure how long I’ve been registered, but I’ve been reading for at least 2 years (about the time of the launch) and commenting for at least 1.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Thanks. I’m glad I get to comment, but now the Paul trolls will take over!

malan89 on January 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM

jaime on August 26, 2008 at 11:03 PM

MB4 on August 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM

It’s not going to matter. Both houses of Congress are going to have big enough Dem majorities to pass amnesty no matter what the Republicans do. Hopefully McCain will realize the fact that he has to win another Republican primary if he wants to serve a second term and throw conservatives a little bone by keeping his amnesty bill similar to the one that was defeated instead of doing what I think he truly wants to do (and what Obama would do if elected) and just give all of ‘em amnesty without any penalty and ignoring the border completely.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Ah, but as you seem not to see, even though I and others have pointed it out reperatedly, is that Republicans will be more likely to stand up to a Democrat President Obama than to a Republican President McCain.
MB4 on August 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Unless what everyone else is saying comes true and the DFL gets their majority in the houses while the GOP rants to no effect.

The public got the last immigration disaster stopped through force of will with a GOP President, we could do it again. I suppose we could just hang our hats just on immigration and hope that POTUS Baracky doesn’t destroy everything else in the meantime, but me, eh I’m not doing it.

Bishop on August 26, 2008 at 11:06 PM

jaime on August 26, 2008 at 11:03 PM

8 months. Makes sense.

So that is your smoking gun that he is a Barr supporter? You are an idiot.

Tuco on August 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Read the whole thread. We (MB4 and I) had a lengthy discussion on Barr. There are a bunch of other cases of MB4 defending Barr here. But you can do the legwork if you’re so interested.
I thought this, “I’ll vote for him as fast as I can”, was enough proof.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM

‘We’re Screwed 08′

DwnSouthJukin on August 26, 2008 at 11:18 PM

malan89,

A satirical four-line stanza is hardly proof of support.

MB4′s other references to Barr (“Keep hope alive!”) are all mocking in nature. His apparent support for Barr is a running joke of his.

Tuco=MB4. He’s temporarily changed his nick. HA allows commenters to use aliases.

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:20 PM

“I’ll vote for him as fast as I can”, was enough proof.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM

(malan89 is trying to read a note left for him and Blondie by Angel Eyes)

malan89: “I…Id…Id…”

(Blondie takes the note from him and reads it aloud)

Blondie: “Idiots. It’s for you.”

You are a complete idiot malan89.

Tuco on August 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:20 PM

I’m with you on the MB4=Tuco thing. I kinda suspected it myself.

MB4’s other references to Barr (”Keep hope alive!”) are all mocking in nature. His apparent support for Barr is a running joke of his.

I dunno. I distinctly remember having a discussion with him and some others on the whole “Does a vote for Barr equal a vote for Obama?” question and he seemed serious. I’ll let him (or his double) speak for himself.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM

malan89 is clearly a very troubled individual. I doubt that even I can help him. Especially as I am very busy trying to treat Hillary, Barak and John.

Sigmund on August 26, 2008 at 11:27 PM

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Well if he argued that a vote for Barr does not equal a vote for Obama then I agree with him and I don’t see how that makes me a Barr supporter either. Granted you may think of elections in a two-party system as a zero-sum game but many millions of people would disagree. Its the kind of argument that may never be resolved – I can imagine people in ancient Greece and Rome arguing over the same dilemma.

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:29 PM

If he (I’m still assuming Tuco is also MB4 until one of them states otherwise) really was joking, it was quite an elaborate joke. He seemed to defend Barr pretty vigorously in a lot of different threads. He’s also stated his approval for abandoning Iraq (I’m positive he wasn’t joking in this case), a position Barr holds. It’s not hard to believe.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Your condition is much to serious to leave it to mere amateurs to attempt to treat. I will leave your name with my secretary and tell her to try to work you into my busy schedule. In the mean time try to remain calm.

Sigmund on August 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Sigmund on August 26, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Ignoring the fact that I’m being personally attacked by a random person (it’s obvious I’m feeding the trolls tonight, something I don’t normally like to do) with no explanation behind their attack…what is with people spelling the guy’s name without a “C”? I used to think it was just a typo, but now it seems widespread. Is it some sort of joke? Do they think that spelling it incorrectly is funny? They’re aren’t very many things I defend Obama on, but this just doesn’t make sense.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:34 PM

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:29 PM

It’s not so much the fact that he disagreed with me (many non-Barr supporters did), it was the praise he gave Barr as he was doing it. I could be mistaking anger with Obama and McCain as praise for Barr, but at the time it seemed pretty clear.

Sigmund on August 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Hilarious….
———————
Are you another MB4 double or just some random person attacking me?

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:38 PM

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM

I can state for a fact that MB4 was arguing for withdrawal from Iraq long before the Barr candidacy got started or most people had ever heard of Barr. I’ve argued for it myself (for reasons inimical to my understanding of Islam) but it would take a while to get into all the details.

Sharing a single policy plank with Barr does not ipso facto make MB4 a Barr supporter. Incidentially I know next to nothing about Barr so I’m not sure what it is about him that makes him discreditable.

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Bob Barr, he’s my man
Know nary a thing about him
But with Juan and NoWhereMan the pickings are so slim

I’ll vote for him as fast as I can

malan89, you are dumber than a box of rocks.

MB4 on August 26, 2008 at 11:44 PM

MB4 on August 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM

———————————————————–

That has to be one of the funniest statements I have ever read. You post at Liberty Post don’t you? Or is it Free Republic? Or both? LOL

Deanna on August 26, 2008 at 11:44 PM

MB4 on August 26, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Whatever. Only you know what you believe, so I’ll let you make the call. There wouldn’t have been any dispute if you had simply said that you weren’t a Barr supporter instead of using fake nicknames to attempt to insult me. Good night.

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Deanna on August 26, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Whether or not MB4′s statement is funny its true.

Obama called himself a “citizen of the world” – a totally unobjectionable statement which George Washington also stated verbatim a few centuries ago – and suffered massive rebukes from Republicans accusing him of all sorts of things.

McCain on the other hand can do or say anything – no matter how liberal – on any issue and Republicans either cower in the shadows or cover his ass with spin. National Review is the worst for this but it is true in general in talk radio, the blogosphere and the print media.

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Are you another MB4 double or just some random person attacking me?

malan89 on August 26, 2008 at 11:38 PM

You must try to get over your feelings of paranoia. It is my professional duty to try to help trouble people.

Sigmund on August 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 11:52 PM

I observe that you are well versed in my method.

semloh on August 27, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

hot-heir on August 27, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Oh yeah, we’re so fortunate to have a different breed of candidate. We have a Democrat too.

Snake307 on August 27, 2008 at 2:12 AM

I’m not sure immigration is a winning issue for either candidate… but it was a great excuse to play the “make sure your child can speak Spanish” idiocy. They should have played the part where he said he was embarrassed by Americans traveling over seas.

twoarmman on August 27, 2008 at 3:18 AM

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 10:37 PM

alphie is a chick? That explains a lot.

misterpeasea on August 27, 2008 at 3:32 AM

May I register a complaint about the Oprah-ization of this thread??

landlines on August 27, 2008 at 3:38 AM

alphie is a chick? That explains a lot.

misterpeasea on August 27, 2008 at 3:32 AM

What does it explain? Why some men are gay?

Sigmund on August 27, 2008 at 3:57 AM

Liberals may not be intellectual genii but they’re more successful than even Communists in getting their core principles ensconced in mainstream institutions right up to and including the Republican party.

aengus on August 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM

One and the same.

Johan Klaus on August 27, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Lame

pabarge on August 27, 2008 at 9:59 AM

If I have to hear “MY FRIEND” one more time……
I understand that McCain is just left of the immigration bill and Obama is WAY left, but McCain is a crotchety, old man and he is “set” in his ways. He’s like a snapping turtle that won’t let go until lightening strikes and even the VP pick is making my leg only twitch….Romney was never really good on immigration and he is now towing that company line. Huckabee….don’t even get me started! I don’t see ANYONE that was really good on immigration…except Hunter and Tancredo..fat chance.
The local elections are the ticket.
If McCain stood up for the American people, instead of these lawbreaking leeches…I can dream, right?

HornetSting on August 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM