“Was she right?”: New RNC ad hammers Obama with Hillary’s “experience” jab; Update: Hillary refuses to tell delegates to vote for Obama

posted at 1:15 pm on August 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

This is the one I had in mind in last night’s post; as it is, I can’t wait to see what they’ve got in the chute for tomorrow. She turned up at the New York delegation’s breakfast this morning and fired back with a feeble “I do not approve that message” joke, but the beauty of these ads is that pretty much no one — including her supporters — really believes that. The clips of Biden knocking Obama in the debates don’t have the same zing because he never had a chance to win, never displayed or has been rumored to display any animosity towards The One, and never, for all his ego, has been known for the sort of fanatic thwarted ambition that fuels Billary’s alleged resentment. Doubtless her speech tomorrow will convince some PUMAs to pull the lever for Obama, but there’s a distinct sense in the reporting on this that they’re doing it as a “favor” to her, because they know she has to play the good soldier, than out of any genuine persuasion. She’s not convincing anyone, in other words, she’s simply asking them to … “fall in line.” How many Hillary nuts will discern that her true heart’s desire lies elsewhere and act accordingly? Exit question: When do the first DNC ads using Romney soundbites against McCain start to roll?

Update: See what I mean? Awesome:

Speaking to reporters after her address to the New York delegation, Clinton offered delegates no instruction on how to cast their votes, Amie Parnes reports.

“I will be telling my delegates that I will vote for Barack Obama,” she said. “How they vote is a more personal decision. They want to have their chance to vote for me. That is what traditionally happens … some people are having to make up their minds because there are arguments pulling them both ways.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

WHOA!

This is AWESOME!

upinak on August 25, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Fantastic. Kick the tires and light the fires, Hillary. My popcorn is ready.

Flyover Country on August 25, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I’m waiting to see what big daddy Bill has to say…

right4life on August 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

“offered delegates no instruction

isn’t that pretty much the unofficial theme for denver ’08 at this point?
:-)

Buckaroo on August 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Unless McCain puts Romney on the ticket, Romney soundbites aren’t going to be effective because the general electorate isn’t as familiar with Romney as they are Hillary. So to answer the exit question, I don’t think we’d see those unless Mitt lands the veep spot – otherwise Obama would be wasting his cash. Which isn’t to say he is entirely against wasting money.

TheNolan on August 25, 2008 at 1:20 PM

maybe they can re-run the 3am ad?

MarkTheGreat on August 25, 2008 at 1:20 PM

You need to stop calling her supporters nuts. It’s offensive and juvenile. Not to mention incorrect.

If I was a democrat delegate, no way could I cast a vote for Obama/Biden. Just read Ed’s post about how both of them have strong ties to Rezko and his crowd.

funky chicken on August 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

This is going to be a FUN week! I can’t wait to see what happens…

TexasAg03 on August 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Party Unity My A$$!!!

Or, to quote Kent Dorfman at the end of Animal House, “Oh boy, this is great!!!”

thirteen28 on August 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I’m gonna run out of popcorn…..

Jim M. on August 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Hillary supporters, a vote for McCain is a Vote for Hillary in 2012!

Chakra Hammer on August 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Was she right?
Um, yes.
I still can not believe Barry is such an egotistical loser that he chose Biden instead of Hillary. I mean, she get’s 18 million votes in the Primaries and Biden got about 2,000 at Iowa. Sure, he was smart in going after the Delaware electorate.

carbon_footprint on August 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

And the RNC has $70 million in the bank for these ads.

rockmom on August 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I agree, respectfully, AP. Why call her supporters ‘nuts’ when the nuts are the Obama lemmings?

carbon_footprint on August 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM

So this is what Hillary meant when she ran the 3 am phone call ad. She has the experience and insomnia to take delegates’ phone calls 24/7.

Fletch54 on August 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

What are the odds now that Hillary accidentally says Osama instead of Obama in her speech?

50/50?

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

I’m waiting to see what big daddy Bill has to say…

right4life on August 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

I think it will go something like this……don’t quote if I’m wrong.

BJ: “Suck it. Suuuuuuuuck it, baby. Suck it hard and suck it long. Oh, am I on?”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmm………….. when their craniums are removed from their rectums?

(Note to self………….. pick up popcorn on the way home from work.)

Seven Percent Solution on August 25, 2008 at 1:25 PM

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

I don’t know about “Osama” per se, but any mention of “Palomino” would be hysterical.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 25, 2008 at 1:26 PM

This is great!!!!! I wake up to a slew of stories that make me chuckle in my coffee – this is gonna be the best week evah!

HawaiiLwyr on August 25, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Hillary supporters, a vote for McCain is a Vote for Hillary in 2012!

Not just that but a rejection of the extreme liberalism that has taken over the Democrat Party where all moderate voices are silenced and kicked out.

Maybe IF a message is sent to Howard Dean then the Democrats will learn a lesson that they cannot be controlled by the kooks on the extreme left.

Chakra Hammer on August 25, 2008 at 1:26 PM

50/50?

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

75/25 in favor of

HawaiiLwyr on August 25, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Note to self: Buy popcorn today.

batter on August 25, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Tee hee. She should also tell her supporters that if McCain wins, she’ll run again in 2012. i.e., vote for McCain.

rbj on August 25, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Thanks for the link to the CS Monitor article. Romney may well have cooked his goose for the VP spot. I didn’t realize he was quite that nasty in his anti-McCain statements in those debates. bummer….

I still like Pawlenty though. And Sanford, and they really should vet Bob Riley of Alabama if he’s willing to accept the job.

funky chicken on August 25, 2008 at 1:30 PM

all the Romney quotes in that link deal with conservative policy positions- some of which have been changed since then. none of them are existential criticisms like “he is not ready to be President” or “he has no experience”. i don’t think they would be nearly as effective.

are there more Romney quotes out there that are worse?

Ridiculous on August 25, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Seven Percent Solution

Oops. Didn’t mean to plagiarize.

Second note to self: read other posts first before posting something someone else already said.

batter on August 25, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Is this the perfect time to get my Hot Air handle and password, or what?!

J.J. Sefton on August 25, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Hope these aren’t the ones he’s been waiting for.

Tony Soprano on August 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Maybe Hillary is going to go all Bull Moose at the convention.

BDU-33 on August 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM

thirteen28 on August 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

However “Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.”

Too bad no one told that to Ted Kennedy. (too soon?)

Mormon Doc on August 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM

If McCain (or anyone in his campaign) has an ounce of brains, he’ll put a woman on the ticket. He does this and this election is done. He’d be giving all of those disappointed Hillary supporters a legitimate reason for voting for him instead of the Chosen One.

Dagnar on August 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Unspoken rule in DNC politics
“Don’t cross the Clintons”
Hillary in 2012

RobCon on August 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM

I can’t wait to see what they’ve got in the chute for tomorrow.

This is not a rodeo, AP, where you open a chute and out comes a big, furious, red-eyed, hoofed animal that sh*ts all over the place…
Oh…wait…

whitetop on August 25, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Biden and Hitlery attacked Al Burack about experience, which is fair game for all.

Romney attacked McCain from the right. DNC would be incredibly stupid to use that.

Aristotle on August 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM

rbj

This is all about the Clintons in 2012. Obama blew it by snubbing her, telling her supporters to get over it, and throwing a paltry sum to retire her debt. Hillary is nothing if not wrathful.

John the Libertarian on August 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM

oh yeah, and hat tip to Rush and Operation Chaos.

John the Libertarian on August 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Aristotle on August 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Brilliant point.

carbon_footprint on August 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

is a female VP pick announced Friday the nail in the coffin?

jp on August 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

The clips of Biden knocking Obama in the debates don’t have the same zing

Perhaps. But it certainly has more bite now that he’s the vp pick. Just think what the Dims would have done had Cheney said that Bush didn’t have the experience to be president.

Rod on August 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

funky chicken (first post)
I feel the same way. These people aren’t nuts. They are pissed! They feel that they have been railroaded by their own party and the press. My whole family supported Hillary and I really don’t know that any of them will vote for Obama now. They are leftards, but more of the Union voting type, not the Marxist/Socialist kind that Obama advocates.

Hilary is a socialist for sure, but Obama is just plain dangerous.

JAM on August 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

“Dagnar on August 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM”

If a woman is the best possible choice, sure. However, 1. I’m not sure of the identity of said woman [KBH is the only one that comes to mind at all]
2. He doesn’t NEED to since the1, in a major rookie move, has gone with greasy joe …

Buckaroo on August 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Sometimes, the enthusiasm here for Hillary and the PUMA’s is awesomely funny. It sort of reminds me of Jack Lemon in “Some Like it Hot.” So, while having fun, please remember to keep on saying,”I’m a Republican. I’m a Republican.”

Loxodonta on August 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM

is a female VP pick announced Friday the nail in the coffin?

jp on August 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I think Barry’s VP pick announced early last Saturday morning was the nail in the coffin.

carbon_footprint on August 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Here’s the deal though seriously. Hillary is trying to permanently destroy and bury Obama with no blood. She knows what happens if he loses…he can never run again. If he gets crushed in the general election which is very likely now, his name will represent a supernova turned to dirt. He may as well go live in peace with his brother George.

“Pulling an Obama” could even become slang for empty audacious presumption crushed by reality. He’s trying to “fake it ’til he makes it” as another saying goes, but can’t even get out of the starting gate. He got caught before the primary and now the Dems are stuck with him and Hillary is loving every moment.

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:41 PM

I’m waiting to see what big daddy Bill has to say…

right4life on August 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

What can he say? He’s got to talk about Barry and foreign policy – - there’s nothing there. Bubba will come out, and for the first time in his life, stand there and say: “uhh..uhh…” He’ll probably then finish it with: “as I’ve said before, this is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen. Now, where are the groupies?”

Rick on August 25, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Let’s review Barry’s VP selection.

Biden: Choice
Hillary: Prime

Oops.

fogw on August 25, 2008 at 1:42 PM

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Hillary can’t really afford to have “accidents” like that. She’s gonna need the Dim party for her 2012 run. She can’t afford to tick them off too much now. But Bill, on the other hand, doesn’t have such constraints . . . .

AZCoyote on August 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM

I agree with those who don’t think it’s constructive to mock and denigrate the Hillary supporters. I think most of us would agree that we’d be better off loosing to her than loosing to him. Her positions are objectionable, but known. She also is vulnerable to shame to some degree.

Immolate on August 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Got caught before the convention I should say

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM

what percentage of the female Dem vote is needed to defect to McCain or 3rd party to make this unwinnable for Obama? Females are their largest demographic

jp on August 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

I think McCain should pick Hillary as his VP…I bet she would accept. That would be a winning ticket for sure and Obama would feel oh so stupid :)

SoCalInfidel on August 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

This is great. Jim M., xtra butter and salt on that popcorn, please. For a hallucinogenic moment I was thinking the Maverick might choose Hill as VP, but I’m afraid too much urine would be spilled over that. Now everyone stay tuned to MO’s keynote address tonite at the DNC because it’ll be the last time you hear from her this year. She’ll be spending the entire winter of 2008-9 in Chitown with BO Plenty.

gracie on August 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

“Don’t cross the Clintons”
RobCon on August 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Dozens learned the lesson the hard way.
Killing an opponents political career is a Scientific Specialty of the Arky Duo.

Tony Soprano on August 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM

If McCain taps a qualified woman as his VP choice, he will be a slam dunk. The moderate, middle-of-the-road females who so proudly backed Hillary can not vote for an empty suit male that slick-talked himself into a job that was hers (thanks, Rockmom).

Never mind that Hillary’s own mistakes and strategic blunders sunk her campaign. The Hillary Girls’ meme of having been robbed by chauvinism is aflame.

GulfCoastBamaFan on August 25, 2008 at 1:47 PM

The only way this election can any more awesomely awesome is if McCain picks a robot at his vice president.

pseudonominus on August 25, 2008 at 1:48 PM

SoCalInfidel on August 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Keep in mind we are talking about the Clintons being part of a Republican administration.

Rick on August 25, 2008 at 1:48 PM

AZCoyote on August 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM

As much as I agree with you about Mrs., but to say the left arm isn’t connected to the right arm via the body is foolhardy. Bill’s always has a way with that mouth of his, and most of the time that way lands him in trouble…

SkinnerVic on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hillary is willing to wait until 2012. She misjudged the ’08 primary situation and paid for it. She won’t make any more mistakes.

Mr_Magoo on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Yeah she can’t go overboard with this brilliant plan of hers.

I was sorta picturing her trying so hard not to say Osama, knowing how bad and intentional it would look, that she actually slips and says it! Much like her Freudian assassination comments.

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

“John McCain will bring a lifetime of experience, I will bring a lifetime of experience, and Barack Obama will bring a speech he made in 2002.”

Awesome. No matter how much I hear it, just awesome in its 200% proof b*tchiness.

It might very well be that she intentionally gave John McCain killer ad material as insurance for her 2012 run should she lose to Obama. Never underestimate the Clintons.

amkun on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

If Hillary continues her half-hearted support of Obama, this will come back to haunt Hillary and tank her in 2012 because Democrats will remember when her and Bill could have put their shoulders to the wheel for the nominee and chose not to. Thinking she gets the 2012 nomination is wishful thinking. Of course, no doubt they don’t see it that way. The continually unfolding depth of Clinton ambition makes Obama’s achievement all the more amazing to me. No doubt Hillary IS awake at 3AM, but wondering what the hell happened.

okonkolo on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Don’t cross the Clintons”
RobCon on August 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Dozens learned the lesson the hard way.
Tony Soprano on August 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Or just, you know, killing them.

pseudonominus on August 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Seriously: If Barack Obama is elected, Hillary Clinton knows she will never be President. She’s worked her whole life, put up with all of Bill’s abuse and humiliation, even made those stupid New Yorkers think she cares about them….for this? Anyone who thinks she is just going to let that dream die does not know this woman at all. She’s going to playt every card she has left before Wednesday night and she isn’t going to lift a finger after that for Obama. Neither are her biggest supporters like Ed Rendell.

rockmom on August 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Buckaroo on August 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM

I’m sure there are plenty of woman out there who are more qualified to be VP than Obama is to be president. See the list of female Republican governors:

While Obama made a decidedly dumb move in picking Biden, don’t underestimate McCain’s ability to be a “maverick” and do something even dumber like picking his buddy Lieberman.

Dagnar on August 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM

This is getting better by the minute.

I have enough popcorn but I’m going to have to make a beer run very soon.

Old Hippie Vet on August 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM

SoCalInfidel on August 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Wow. Do you think that ANY self-respecting conservative would actually vote for a Clinton (much less McCain?).

thePajamaPundit on August 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM

okonkolo on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I don’t think so. The “party regulars” all supported her. Obama’s people hijacked the party and they will be gone back to wherever they came from if he loses. Hillary will come back in triumph to pick up the pieces of a party shattered after blowing an election that it had in the bag.

rockmom on August 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Not biting, but nice try.

Mr_Magoo on August 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM

okonkolo on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Agreed. She will be the spoilsport who ruined Obama’s chances. Not much chance of her getting the 2012 black vote in the primary. The best chance in years for taking back the White House, and the Clintons blew for the Dems? Payback.

Wethal on August 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Do they have enough Gitmo cells in Colorado to hold the amount of leftists that are going to riot once Billary takes over the nomination?

TheHat on August 25, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I had a helluva time trying to figure out what PUMA stands for: Party Unity My Ass. How I missed that one, I’ll never know.

lionheart on August 25, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Dear Lord, for the popcorn we are about to enjoy, we are most sincerely thankful.

Well-Armed Lamb on August 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Aristotle on August 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Hadn’t thought of that. Good point. It would be a lose-lose for them, wouldn’t it?

a capella on August 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM

What a freaking circus.

Badger40 on August 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM

I have just enough faith in JSM and the RNC that they will pick someone from, er, the GOP and not joe l.

“List_of_female_state_governors_in_the_United_States”

ok, I see Palin, Lingle, and Rell. MAYBE the base could live with Rell but surely not enthusiastically, & I doubt they could with Lingle.

/jus’ sayin’ …

Buckaroo on August 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Romney was also very careful to never attack McCain personally and always said how much he honored McCain’s service to America. I think there was much more substantive policy difference between them than there was between Hillary and Obama, so the attacks would not be as useful.

rockmom on August 25, 2008 at 1:59 PM

I don’t think so. By the time Obama/Biden are toast, the “turncoats” will be on their knees begging the Clintons to come back. To many, they will say, “Depart from me! I never knew thee.”

Mr_Magoo on August 25, 2008 at 2:00 PM

She will have done her damage enough soon to then leave Denver pretending to “work hard for Barack.” That’s where she can have clean hands and others will do her work. Up until the convention here she’s just fighting for her peeps and it can’t really be held against her. Plus, in 2012 few will see Obama in a positive light. Oh wait, wasn’t he supposed be the first black messiah but crushed our hopes and dreams? That bastard!

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 2:00 PM

They fully seated Florida and Michigan… puts Hill closer and definatly gives her an edge in the popular vote…

IF the SuperDels are having second thoughts… if she does NOT push too hard (except through surrogates), the floor vote could get very very interesting…

Remember, most of the Delegates are only locked in for the FIRST vote… so its all up to the Super Delegates staying bought…

Romeo13 on August 25, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Hillary ain’t gonna give it up. Obama did not come thru and pay her campaign debt off, so she and Bill will have to pay up if she runs in 2012.

I can hear her now. “I support the Party’s nominee for President of the United States.”

GarandFan on August 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM

OT: Housing sales up 3% last month. Good news for our side!

Mr_Magoo on August 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM

If you think about it–thus eliminating the trolls–Hillary needs McCain to win for her to have a shot in 2012. If Barack wins and is popular, she’s out. If Barack wins and is the disaster we expect, she runs against a fickle public that’s now angry at the Dems and wants change.

Patrick S on August 25, 2008 at 2:03 PM

How many ads is this now, that McCain has used clips from Hillary? Three? Four? More/

Anyone hear any objections to this, from the Clintons at all?

ToddonCapeCod on August 25, 2008 at 2:05 PM

okonkolo on August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I disagree. Obama is a cult of personality fad. If McCain wins big this year, democrats will sit back and regroup…and the grown-ups in their party can oust Howard Dean and the rest of the loonies. Hillary will be their standard-bearer.

funky chicken on August 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM

After Hilary’s impressive showing toward the end of the primaries, I still cannot wrap my head around why so many delegates jumped so early to Obama. Why? Why does the MSM love this dude so much? As the ad and many others have noted, he is breath-takingly close to the presidency and has no experience. Was the disenchantment w/the Clintons so enormous that they had to jump? I still don’t get it.

It has to be that tingly feeling. Apparently, Chrissy wasn’t the only one who felt it. He was just the only one candid enough to admit it!

JAM on August 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Hopefully McCain now says “You know how people say I can’t raise my arm above my shoulder? Hand me that damn hammer!”

Seriously: Seriously: If Barack Obama is elected, Hillary Clinton knows she will never be President.

Even more seriously: If Barack Obama is elected, Hillary Clinton knows no Democrat will be President for 20 years!

drunyan8315 on August 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM

“List_of_female_state_governors_in_the_United_States”

/jus’ sayin’ …

Buckaroo on August 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Besides governors, there are female Republican senators he could choose from as well. Liz Dole would be a kickass choice. As a senator, she sits on the “Committee on Armed Services” as well as the “Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs”. And she also served in both the Reagan and GHB administrations.

Dagnar on August 25, 2008 at 2:12 PM

She doesn’t have to. She’ll start running for 2012 (you can argue that she has already) as soon as McCain wins.

When it became clear that Obama was going to win, she began laying the groundwork for the “see, I told you so” campaign.

crazy_legs on August 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM

JAM on August 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

As in all things… follow the money….

Romeo13 on August 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I’m just glad Barack was arrogant and didn’t step aside for a Clinton-Obama ticket. Win or lose he would have stayed a rockstar just going for VP first and not trying to rush America to the altar. Now we figured the guy out before saying “I do” and “Ommm, all hail the great one.”

Romney was smarter and more humble. McCain should reward him for it and that ticket makes sense.

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 2:15 PM

JAM – it’s race. Period. The superdelegates were too afraid of sticking with Hillary and being branded as racists forever.

Obama’s campaign very skillfully played the race card to get him this far. They mau-maued the caucus attendees with threats and cries of racism and appeals to their white guilt. This has been documented on some liberal blogs. It explains why Obama did so badly in most of the primaries. They were able to take Bill Clinton’s words out of context and pull the jujitsu of playing HIM as the race-baiter. This was all planned out by Axelord and Plouffe. What they did not count on was Hillary actually refusing to fold after Super Tuesday.

rockmom on August 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM

JAM on August 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

This was a classic case of mass groupthink and brainwashing, with some messianic fervor thrown in.

The case study should be used in political science courses for many decades to come, unless everyone is in the same trance and stays there.

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM

econavenger on August 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Bottom line is, as a country, we have more historical guilt about racism than we do about sexism.

Dagnar on August 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM

pseudonominus on August 25, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Optimus Prime would be AWESOME.

Lily on August 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Operation Chaos is entering the final stages.

Rove, you glorious bastard!

Mew

acat on August 25, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Romeo13 on August 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM

That was enlightening! She won in every congressional district listed. Sometimes by 3:1 margin and that Congress member/Super still backed Obama? Unbelieavable!

JAM on August 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM

First post on Hot Air…

As a Canadian I love watching American politics. Does it get any better than an election for President? I love the passion for politics Americans display. Mr. McCain is a little too liberal for my tastes, hoping Conservatives will ‘take one for the team’ and vote him regardless.
Mr. Obama and his party make me nervous, they are a little too much like the Canadian socialist governments I have had to endure since the ’60′s.
Just for the record…not all Canadians are socialist pussies. It just seems that way.

Canuck1955 on August 25, 2008 at 3:50 PM

It is where McCain wants Conservatives to take it that gives more than a few a little pause…..

Jim M. on August 25, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Canuck1955 on August 25, 2008 at 3:50 PM

They just vote that way :P

lorien1973 on August 25, 2008 at 4:08 PM