Video: The obligatory “Daddy Yankee endorses McCain” clip

posted at 3:40 pm on August 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

A treat for the kids at Cindy McCain’s alma mater. I won’t pretend to know who DY is, but I will let you in on a secret: A certain member of the Hot Air staff is an avowed reggaeton fan. Not-so-blind blind item of the day!

While Maverick trots out his celebrity pals, the biggest celebrity in the world plots to surprise the Denver faithful with a celebrity almost as big as he is. Can the Boss work the same magic for Obama that he worked for John Kerry in 2004? Conservative America trembles, my friends. Exit question: How long before social cons start complaining to McCain about the lyrics to “Gasolina”?

Update: The boss is not impressed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

deathNtaxes on August 25, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Nope. Don’t like those, either.

And that is why many don’t understand conservatives.

progressoverpeace on August 25, 2008 at 8:47 PM

I know what you mean. Politics makes cynics of us all I think.

Terrye on August 25, 2008 at 5:57 PM

I just finished watching the local news here in Phoenix. Apparently, the school kids were expecting a civic lesson from McCain, but “SURPRISE! Daddy Yankee is here and guess what he supports me!” As the video shows, the young latinas were breathless, but as the news report shows some of the school kids were not happy – two who were shown on the news report said that they expected to discuss the issues. Having seen the news, I must return to my original gut feeling that the whole thing was staged…

Mr_Magoo on August 25, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Honestly, I am floored by the stupidity about a dang endorsement. And conservatives wonder why most minorities are reluctant to join the Republican Party and why they automatically brand conservatives racists and bigots.
So by reading some of the responses on here not happy with DY’s backing of Sen. McCain, the only celeberty endorsements he is allowed to have is by rockNroll stars or country singers?! Man get over it and just be happy he is being endorsed by someone that appeals to the next generation of voters.

deathNtaxes on August 25, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Not a bad point really. Obama can have Madonna and Bruce Springfield. I have a feeling I’d rather drink a beer with this Daddy Yankee guy and his wife anyway.

It’s just a bit of silly fun….too bad overmoralizing scolds like Ms. Malkin get so upset. And worse that bigots have to come out and make conservatives look like haters.

funky chicken on August 25, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Mr_Magoo on August 25, 2008 at 9:12 PM

High School kids wanted a civics lesson? Er, I taught that age, and any kid who said they wanted a civics lesson was an Obama supporter. LOL trust me on this.

Even if they hate this Daddy Yankee guy, they got to spend an hour being silly. And no teachers are gonna make them write a paper overnight about what they learned.

funky chicken on August 25, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Since when did Puerto Ricans needed amnesty? It would behoove you to learn which islands fall under U.S. territory.

It would behoove you to watch the video. Near the end Daddy Yankee endorses McCain because of his work “for Hispanics” and “on the immigration issue” i.e. amnesty.

And it is wrong for latinos to even talk about immigration? Are all these things code for the ever constant amnesty charge that goes along with any discussion that is any way associated with immigration and or hispanic people or culture or music?

John McCain’s work “on the immigration issue” is a reference to his Amnesty Bill in the Senate.

aengus on August 25, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Some people should lighten up…I mean, Obama picked PLUGS! Short of McCain being caught on youtube with a threesome, I think we have this one in the bag.

javamartini on August 25, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Does Michelle ever get tired of being outraged?

amkun on August 25, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Hmmmm….

Way to stick with the meme.

“The Boss” and Bon Jovi are both vapid, vacuous, has-beens, looking for a free ride, with the cover of working for their professed “convictions”.

Kinda like Barry O! and Joey B.

Now that’s continuity!

RocketmanBob on August 25, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Having watched the video, I have to say that I really like McCain’s reaction when he’s happy and excited. He’s like a kid in a candy store.

amkun on August 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM

AP, aren’t you a social con?

jgapinoy on August 25, 2008 at 11:23 PM

I think that the endorsement is great and the Conservatives should lighten up. We need to reach all groups and this helps to at least get some young voter to listen to a conservative message then I am for it.

oped01 on August 26, 2008 at 12:07 AM

jencab on August 25, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment. Unfortunately your comment had no connection to mine. Either you misread or interpreted my statement or more likely, just wanted to disagree with me.

I will be glad to educate you and point out your BS if you’d like.

The Race Card on August 26, 2008 at 6:21 AM

Rompe!

The Race Card on August 26, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Does Michelle ever get tired of being outraged?

amkun on August 25, 2008 at 10:39 PM

she’s 4’9″ and weighs 62 pounds. she could run for three days on one bite from her morning danish. so she works it off by being hysterical about immigration.

eh on August 26, 2008 at 9:11 AM

the following are the only acceptable works of popular music. any deviation sets the “real” conservative on edge.

actual conservatives can continue to enjoy the full range of human experience with lust and color.

eh on August 26, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Talk about a buzz killer – look’s like B-Ho ain’t the only suicidal candidate running…..

Liberty Card on August 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM