Stay, er, classy, Madonna: Concert video compares McCain to Hitler, Obama to Gandhi

posted at 12:01 pm on August 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

I’m desperate enough for content this slow news morning that I can just manage to pretend to care. Besides, I challenge you to come up with a better example of mindlessly conformist leftist nonconformity than Madonna lazily belching up yet another “conservatives = Nazis” meme. I think you’ll agree, it’s even more shocking and transgressive in its eighth thousandth permutation.

This’ll barely raise an eyebrow nationally, partly because her act is staler than Marilyn Manson’s was when the Onion dropped this on him but also for the same reason Howard Dean’s insinuations about Republicans never seem to get much buzz. Some smears are simply more equal than others, a fact that would become instantly apparent if some country star dared show a clip juxtaposing Obama with, oh say, the Weather Underground. Exit question: Does a person who says of ritualized rape, “It’s not my place to judge that tradition,” really want to start a who’s-more-like-Hitler contest? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Kid: Mommy, what’s a Madonna?

Mother: Ya know those old ladies in the grocery store that try to dress like their grand children. . .

- The Cat

MirCat on August 24, 2008 at 4:02 PM

LOL.

Excellent commentary, AP.

Django on August 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I always turn to Madonna for biting, hard-hitting social commentary and thoughtful analysis on current events.

Only fools read National Review and listen to that Limbaugh guy.

Keep drinking the kool-aid, pop culture dimwits.

Black Adam on August 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM

If it wasn’t for teenage mexican girls and teh gheys, Modanna would have never sold one record I would still be a virgin.

LtE126 on August 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM

The Race Card on August 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM

She really re-invented herself this time.. instead of being edgy and comparing Bush to Hitler.. she’s comparing McCain to Hitler..

always the trendsetter..

To really enjoy Madonna, watch the South Park episode, ‘Kenny Dies’..

DaveC on August 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

BDS has officially transitioned to MDS.

Entelechy on August 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Entelechy on August 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Isn’t that taken? What’s the rule-of-thumb for acronymical naming?

Hell yeah I made up the word “acronymical.”

The Race Card on August 24, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Madonna is nothing more than a pig with an Oscar de la Renta gown, Jimmy Choo shoes, and Tiffany jewelry. Nope, the fake British accent doesn’t help.

If anything, she reminds me of the pigs in “Animal Farm”.

newton on August 24, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Napoleon had a lot more going for him than Madonna. He at least had the potential to become many tasty servings of bacon.

funky chicken on August 24, 2008 at 4:41 PM

TRC, just for you, it’s McCDS then :)

Entelechy on August 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I did attend two Madonna concerts in Dallas YEARS ago. Had a blast. She really did put on a good concert. Now, she’s dirt. And I grew up.

mimi1220 on August 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM

McCain should love this. He should say her friend Gwenyth Paltrow put her up to it, you know – the young taking advantage of the elderly.

Marcus on August 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM

The shocking part to this story is that she considers Mugabe a bad guy. I would think he’s the type of dictator the Lefties would want to invite to their cocktail parties.

Jim-Rose on August 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM

FYI…she opened her international tour in the UK (Wales).

So apparently, she’s decided to follow the nutroot tradition of trashing her own country abroad.

Also, it appears that the MSM has picked up the story, though I doubt it will create much buzz.

The Ugly American on August 24, 2008 at 5:12 PM

You are all missing the nuance.

Meatheads.

VolMagic on August 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM

McDS?

Jim Treacher on August 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM

This’ll barely raise an eyebrow nationally …

Madonna likes to portray herself as being a courageous, rebellious, artist, but truth is she’s a coward. Y’know, putting on a thorny hat and crucifying herself during a concert. Mocking the crucifixion of Jesus. She takes advantage of Christianity’s forgiving nature for profit knowing the most she’ll get for a stunt like that is passing criticism. Of course, things will be different when she bows before God at judgment time. There is a coming judgment folks. It is coming soon! But y’know, if she’s so provocative and risque why doesn’t she mock Islam? Let her challenge the tolerance of Muslims around the world same way she does Christians. If she’s such a rebel. If she is so courageous. Really, Christians oughta thank that lady, ahem, uh, woman. She keeps proving Christianity is the true “religion of peace” in this world. Madonna .. [thinks for a few seconds] .. that there is one lost woman. Please pray for her my friends.

apacalyps on August 24, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Does comparing Obama to Ghandi mean that Obama wears a diaper, drinks his own urine, and thinks the Jews should go quietly to the slaughter?

deewhybee on August 24, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Her own high school alma mater is so ashamed of her, when the marching band’s half time theme was a tribute to the 80s, they conspicuously left out any of her songs – preferring Michael Jackson’s Thriller instead.

Her brother said the whole rags to riches story was indeed just a story. Apparently she’s a liar according to her own brother…she fits right in with Pelosi et.al.

Candy Slice on August 24, 2008 at 7:28 PM

She’s a man, baby!

drjohn on August 24, 2008 at 8:20 PM

And she lives in England now, not the U.S., so WTF is she doing even mentioning a U.S. election?

rockmom on August 24, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Madonna’s about as edgy and subversive as a bran muffin.

ZK on August 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Always remember that trash stinks. She stunk in the 80′s, she stunk in the 90′s, and she stinks now. She keeps trying to recyle herself but she’s not blue can material. She decayed a LONG time ago.

Wileygrl3 on August 24, 2008 at 10:05 PM

There was a radio news clip with interviews of folks in the U.K. that had just seen her concert and I swear to goodness I have absolutely no idea what they said. We all speak English, right?

Cindy Munford on August 24, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Cindy Munford on August 24, 2008 at 10:09 PM

If you’re hearing them say “Madona” and “good” in the same sentence than OF COURSE it sounds like simple minded gibberish. lol.

Wileygrl3 on August 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Oh please — as if anyone with a functioning cerebral cortext is paying attention this slut anymore? She’s a fright.

D2Boston on August 24, 2008 at 10:49 PM

If the Left thinks McCain is Hitler then Obama is Muslim.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Wow good thing a skanked-out old trollop like Madonna is out there to save the people from making a terrible mistake.

‘Cause when it comes to hard hitting insightful political commentary, vapid has-beens are where it’s at.

Not!

G-man on August 24, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Wileygrl3 on August 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM

I promise you, I did not understand one word of it. I would have understood “good” don’t you think? It was surreal.

Cindy Munford on August 24, 2008 at 11:05 PM

functioning cerebral cortext

D2Boston on August 24, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Um….

Oh, skip it…

surrounded on August 25, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Any self-respecting homo in that crowd knows this “song” sucks. She can’t write or sing anymore– she’s shot, and the boyz know it.

Remember Wesley Clark personally consulted with her in her home back in 2004, and left with her public endorsement. I’m quaking in my Pradas thinking she might endorse Obama.

leftnomore on August 25, 2008 at 3:22 AM

And she is relevant because????

golfer1 on August 25, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Watched about 45 seconds. Kept hearing “the time is now” and kept thinking to myself: The time is now to retire, Madonna!

sheesh on August 25, 2008 at 8:11 AM

I read this story in my local paper, and the group including Obama made me think of the old Sesame Street ditty “Three of these things all go together…”

- John Lennon
- Al Gore
- Mahatma Ghandi
- Barack Obama

…hmmm….

3 guys who talk a good game, and one guy who threw off the yoke of British tyranny?

pgg on August 25, 2008 at 8:32 AM

This is actually another gift to John McCain. Madonna is just a bitter aging pop star who still clings to her chains and her leather while hoping upon hope that other aging Madonna fanatics continue to buy tickets. Recent revelations about the Queen of Poptarts hardly prop any opinion Madonna has about politics. Another Obamanation celebrity endorsement, it just keeps getting better!

MeeMa2008 on August 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM

I can’t believe that a person attending a Modonna concert would actually want to spend their hard earned money to see any political statement on stage, much less such a shallow and base one as this!

I hope it backfires!!

Goodeye_Closed on August 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM

I doubt if Madonna would know much about Hitler. She probably doesn’t even know the years Hitler ruled Germany for that matter. Madonna and others who compare the GOP as Hitler use it as a clche. What would she say if conservatives compared Obama to Stalin? Wonder if she has ever heard of Stalin? We know Stalin was responsible for more deaths then Hitler was because Stalin was in power longer.

garydt on August 25, 2008 at 10:37 AM

That picture of her on Drudge is just GROSS. Madonna, cover up. You’re not 20 anymore and even though you’re buff, your body still looks it’s age. Have some class!

hopefloats on August 25, 2008 at 11:21 AM

and thinks the Jews should go quietly to the slaughter?

I don’t believe Hindus have any problems with Jews.

MarkTheGreat on August 25, 2008 at 12:23 PM

“Sweet and Sticky????”…more like “Old and Crusty”. Keep singing, old hag. After a few shots of Wild Turkey and this video, I may actually be able to pull the lever for McCain.

HornetSting on August 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM