New Florida Democrat ad: Hey, McCain’s rich — and so’s his wife

posted at 5:45 pm on August 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

Oh my. The One was quite insistent last month about “civilians” not being dragged into the campaign, wasn’t he? Well, we’ve been through this tapdance before with McCain: State party attacks candidate’s wife, party nominee refuses comment lest he be forced to play “referee” for everyone on his side, and all’s well. Like I’ve said before, the market is perfectly capable of dealing with this tactic. If the Dems want to chance a backlash by needling Maverick’s “sugar mommy” a tiny bit, so be it. No need for histrionic faux outrage of the sort the left specializes in, although of course Team McCain’s obliged. And right on cue, here it is.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Class warfare is an ugly proposition, and those who engage in it should tread very lightly.

P.S. I’m actually going to display a lack of knowledge here… Alphie calls him “John F. McCain.” However, I thougth his middle name was Sydney. Is it not? Or was Alphie thinking of John F. Kerry?

Please correct me if I’m wrong about that point.

MsUnderestimated on August 22, 2008 at 10:45 PM

alphie thought he was being clever, hence the confusion.

Terrye on August 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Please correct me if I’m wrong about that point.

MsUnderestimated on Aug 22,2008 at 10:45PM.

MsUnderestimated:I think,Alphie was besmirching and
b#sterdizing,John F Kennedy!!!!!

canopfor on August 22, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Ah, it’s all making sense now. Thanks, Terrye & caopfor.

(Pssst! Where do folks like alphie come from? By the way he/she acts, I would think a more apros pos name would be “omegie,” wouldn’t it? :-P)

Ms.U

MsUnderestimated on August 22, 2008 at 11:18 PM

oops! caopfor = canopfor.

Sorry for the typo, my friend.. not besmirching ANY good person’s character here.

LYLT

MsUnderestimated on August 22, 2008 at 11:19 PM

If they make a commercial attacking Michelle Obama, I think they should work some Klingons into the bit somehow.

SilverStar830 on August 23, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Aren’t ads supposed to gain votes not lose them? Did the DNC not remember how many wealthy Democrats fly south every winter to spend time in their winter homes? DNC keep up the good work offending those in your own party!

mrbigmax on August 23, 2008 at 2:28 AM

So much for the candidate’s wives being off limits.

SoulGlo on August 23, 2008 at 3:39 AM

Who is/was richer? Obama now or McCain at 40-something? How many houses does Biden have? One huge compound at least!

Ordinary1 on August 23, 2008 at 10:58 AM