Video: Impeachment nuts scream at Pelosi at book tour appearance

posted at 8:53 pm on August 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

There’s nothing more fun than when the Democratic leadership meets its base. The audio’s spotty so here’s a transcript of the protester’s calm, carefully considered charge:

“Who gave you the right to take the constitution and shove it down the toilet? Who gave you the right to take impeachment off the table? Nobody told them to do this,” Thottam shouted at Pelosi moments before Secret Service agents removed him from the packed auditorium and turned him over to officers with the Los Angeles Police Department. “One million Iraqis are dead. Five thousand Americans are dead. You have destroyed the First, Second, Fourth, Fifth and Eighth Amendments.”

Color me surprised: He doesn’t sound like a guy who’d miss the Second. Pelosi’s peevish reply, tragically not captured on the video: “I have complete comfort with the frustration. I’m from the streets.” Yes, really. I never know how much to sympathize with Democratic pols confronted by the dregs of nutroots America hollering for a pullout from Iraq before the situation can improve any further, but if you find yourself identifying with her, revisit the video of Paul Kanjorski describing their cynical plan to get elected on the promise that they’d stop the war knowing full well that they couldn’t. They raised these cretins’ expectations knowing they couldn’t meet them; now they have to deal with the disappointment. Should be a fun convention.

Comments

The Second?

Hmm, I guess he meant the SCOTUS ruling that it was an individual and not a collective right.

Anyway, this sure sounds like an Olbermann “Special Hystery, er Commentary”.

SteveMG on August 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Hysteria.

Darn it.

SteveMG on August 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Picture this x100 at the convention. What do you do when you’re a nutty ol’ dude who really, really misses Jerry Garcia, and you can’t even get massively-unpopular Congress to turn the U.S. into your own personal commune?

This, apparently.

emailnuevo on August 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM

the dregs of nutroots America

the dregs of nutroots America = the dregs of America

Sorry, these useful idiots so disgust me sometimes that I can hardly stand it.

petefrt on August 14, 2008 at 9:00 PM

One million Iraqis are dead. Five thousand Americans are dead.

A million Iraqis and 5,000 troops. Wow.

amerpundit on August 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Shows you where her priority is…on her lousy book.

If she is from the streets I have some swampland in New Mexico she needs to buy quick…what a loser, can’t even lie well.

Harry Schell on August 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Can anyone catch what she was saying about Republicans?

onlineanalyst on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Did she really say that the republicans were keeping her from having a vote on the war? Is she psychotic or does she really think Americans are that stupid? Must be the second because all democrats can’t be psychotic.

peacenprosperity on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Moonbats coming home to roost.

funny

Sammy316 on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

“One million Iraqis are dead. Five thousand Americans are dead.”

Hey, that’s quite the kill ratio for our men. Sounds like a victory to me!

Tony737 on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Can anyone catch what she was saying about Republicans?

onlineanalyst on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Pelosi
“I take an oath of office to uphold the constitution of the United States. Don’t tell me I don’t do that,” she snapped. “Why don’t you go picket the Republicans in Congress that will not allow us to have a vote on the war?”

William Amos on August 14, 2008 at 9:15 PM

“One million Iraqis are dead. Five thousand Americans are dead.”

Or did he mean that Saddam killed a million Iraqis? In that case, he’s got a good point, out Troops removed this man and now he can’t kill anymore people. Thanks for bringing that up, sir.

Tony737 on August 14, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I’m from the streets.” Yes, really

If she’s from the streets then I must be from the dirt streets that cover vehicles in mud when it rains.

terryannonline on August 14, 2008 at 9:15 PM

“I take an oath of office to uphold the constitution of the United States … AND I’M TRYING TO SAVE THE PLANET!!!”

Tony737 on August 14, 2008 at 9:18 PM

The Streets of San Francisco.

redrock on August 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM

A million Iraqis and 5,000 troops. Wow.

amerpundit on August 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Well, may has well aim high! Sounds like that Lancet study…

As much disdain I have for that woman….Mizzzzz Pelosi, I can’t stand these tools who interrupt someone while they are speaking like that. Be it troofers, impeachahollics, various hippy-types…you never see conservative Republicans do it….and if I did, I’d give them crud for it too.

Free Speech doesn’t include disruption.

JetBoy on August 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM

She’s from the streets? Eeeewwwwwwww!

To paraphrase Tom Hanks in ‘Bachelor Party’

- “Nancy, you’re a HOOKER!”

Tony737 on August 14, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I can’t stand these tools who interrupt someone while they are speaking like that. – JetBoi

Roger that, but it’s funny when their own ankle biters go after THEM! hahahaha

Tony737 on August 14, 2008 at 9:28 PM

“(Trenchtown rock) You reap what you sow,”
“(Trenchtown rock), and everyone know now!”

Tman on August 14, 2008 at 9:28 PM

“Don’t taze me, Bro!”

(Somebody’s gotta say it.)

davidk on August 14, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Reap. Sow.

Sekhmet on August 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Reap. Sow. – Sekhmet

Yeah. I was thinking Dr. Nancy Frankenstein. “It’s ALIIIIIVE!!! … uh oh, it’s comin’ after ME!”

Tony737 on August 14, 2008 at 9:35 PM

It seems to me, Democrat activists can be divided into three basic groups: socialist-authoritarian wannabees (the smart group), wild-eyed lunatics divorced from reality (the might’ve-been-smart-before-they-went-nuts group), and finally, the simple-minded knee-jerk populists (the never-were-and-never-will-be-smart group.) This last group being by far the most common.

RBMN on August 14, 2008 at 9:42 PM

My wife does event management and was working with an environmental group a couple of years ago. One of the attendees at an early planning meeting (just a hanger-on… nothing to do with the event) worked at a local preserve here in S. Florida and he cornered my wife to discuss the event. She asked if he was volunteering. His reply was “I can’t… after the election, we are all going to be very busy working on the impeachment of Bush and Cheney”. He was wearing his cute little bush hat with khaki shorts and shirt and she said he reminded her of Jack Nicholson sticking his head through a door shouting “Here’s Johnny!”.

CC

CapedConservative on August 14, 2008 at 9:45 PM

and… not that we have our share of wackos here but my pool guy honestly believes that drilling for oil “hurts” the earth….. Sometimes, all you can do is stare…

CC

CapedConservative on August 14, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Is she psychotic or does she really think Americans are that stupid?
peacenprosperity on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Ummm..she’s in a room full of people that came to see her…

So it would probably be a safe assumption that at least 95% of them ARE that stupid.

Just sayin’

BigWyo on August 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Do you really think the DemCon will be disrupted by the nutroots? If it’s organized like NYC in 04, they won’t get a chance to move a muscle in protest.

DrW on August 14, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I’m actually looking forward to the Mother Sheehan race against Pelosi for her seat. Now THAT will be a circus!!!

MsUnderestimated on August 14, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Should be a fun convention.

“Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh……………”

(hide your camera)

Seven Percent Solution on August 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM

They’ve been poisoned with Pelosium 212.

BDavis on August 14, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Goes Around, meet Comes Around.

backwoods conservative on August 14, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Not so much. Pelosi hasn’t so much as bothered to show up for a debate in her home district for 20 years; I see no reason why she’d start now. She regularly wins with about 80% of the vote; the remaining 20% is split between the Republican candidate and whoever’s running to Nancy’s left.

Even if Sheehan takes all of the Green vote and the far-left fringe, she’ll at best get 25-30%. She’s out of fashion; remember her book signing? Add another 10% for the token Republican candidate, and Nancy may drop to a 60% winning vote count, and that’s if she never even acknowledges her opponents between now and November.

Alex_SF on August 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Whoops, forgot to quote MsUnderestimated above.

Alex_SF on August 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Denver! Denver! Denver!

Come on Nancy, you’ve encouraged these people, now just sit back, relax and enjoy.

GarandFan on August 14, 2008 at 10:16 PM

“I have complete comfort with the frustration. I’m from the streets.”</blockquote>

ahem,ahem ah ah…excuse me, I was choking on my popcorn.

OK that was satire right?

Topsecretk9 on August 14, 2008 at 10:23 PM

“Why don’t you go picket the Republicans in Congress that will not allow us to have a vote on the war? – Pelosi”

Isn’t that her job as Speaker of the House? To call a vote? The Speaker of the House can not call a vote because the Republicans won’t let her?

After the Speaker is elected, he or she, along with an advising committee, is responsible for appointing Committee Chairs and assigning Members of the House to their respective committees that they will serve in during their term. When the House is in session, the Speaker is in charge of upholding the rules of the House, calling bills up for discussion and/or a vote, recognizing Members who wish to speak on a bill either from the House Well or to ask a question from their seat, and bring order to the House.

Guardian on August 14, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Did anyone say “chickens coming home to roost!”?

Sammy316 on August 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Darn.

Good show old chap!

wise_man on August 14, 2008 at 10:31 PM

One million Iraqis = LIE.

1000000 divided by 1600 days = 500-600 per day.

Go find me just 3 articles in the past 4 years with 500 dead – I bet you CAN’T do it. More Lies from the Loony Left.

DavidM on August 14, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Yeah, “Nancy P” from the hood…

d1carter on August 14, 2008 at 10:56 PM

More Lies from the Loony Left.
DavidM on August 14, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Yes. But they do count all the deaths from Saddam’s former henchmen(people that the former henchmen killed, not Bush) and deaths from terrorists/insurgents(people killed by the terrorists, you know, the same people we were trying to stop) … AND the bodies of the terrorists/insurgents that we killed who deserved to die because they were the bad guys – as their ‘Bush death totals’.

wise_man on August 14, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Oh to have been there, heard it and bathed in it’s glorious insanity

Kini on August 14, 2008 at 11:13 PM

There’s nothing more fun than when the Democratic leadership meets its base

Haha, I’ll drink to that!

Richard Romano on August 14, 2008 at 11:29 PM

I wish I’d been there. I would have enjoyed screaming at Pelosi.

jeanie on August 15, 2008 at 12:09 AM

The Streets of San Francisco.

redrock on August 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM

A Quinn Martin Production.

juanito on August 15, 2008 at 12:19 AM

His numbers are way off, but a 2000-1 kill ratio in a war would have to be some kind of record, right?

wordwarp on August 15, 2008 at 2:39 AM

Golly gee whiz, I hope this is a preview of the Denver convention.

clancy_wiggum on August 15, 2008 at 3:45 AM

Where was the pie? Where are the things being flung at the honored guest?? Oh, wait… that only would have happened if she were from the right side of the aisle. Silly me.

Captain Scarlet on August 15, 2008 at 6:07 AM

I used to drive past some clown’s house who had a “Impeach them both!” yard sign on his lawn.

And every morning I screamed, “he’s not getting impeached!”, out my car window.

Strangely enough, the sign came down after I did that a few times.

Worthless jackasses.

NoDonkey on August 15, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Let these people speak! Lots! Often and loud! Let them have a voice at the DNC convention! Let America see what the left is all about! Don’t silence them!

sabbott on August 15, 2008 at 8:27 AM

I love the sweet, sweet smell of schadenfreude in the morning.

She laid with those dogs, she deserves the fleas. Not that Pelosi will learn anything from this.

Anna on August 15, 2008 at 9:19 AM

“I’m from the streets.”

Pelosi’s father, Thomas D’Alesandro, Jr. was a congressman from Maryland (1939-47) and mayor of Baltimore (1947-59). Her brother, Thomas J. D’Alesandro III, also was mayor of Baltimore from 1967-71.

Yeah, she’s a regular urchin.

Akzed on August 15, 2008 at 9:19 AM

With all of the lights and verbal heat, Ms. Pelosi appears that she is melting on the subject of ‘anything’.

MSGTAS on August 15, 2008 at 9:43 AM

“I have complete comfort with the frustration. I’m from the streets.”

Yeah, where the streets are lined with gold that lead up to where Gulfstream is parked.

Sheesh. There’s a few people in that audience that are 1) probably unemployed, 2) government educated and 3) in need a few mood stabilizers.

This just shows that Liberalism is a Mental Disorder. You never hear of a conservatives behaving this way. We would rather debate and use logic to trample their kooky ideas.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 15, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Why does NanzyP rate Secret Service protection?

GeneSmith on August 15, 2008 at 11:03 AM

They have had votes on the war. And both Republicans and Democrats have continually voted to continue funding. They never should have stopped teaching civics. With the poor fund of knowledge available to most people almost anything you say makes sense (as long as there is an implication that Bush is stupid and evil).

snaggletoothie on August 15, 2008 at 11:46 AM

One million Iraqis dead in about 2000 days translates to about 500/day. If that were the AVERAGE how could a suicide-bombing that kills 50 be big news?

It couldn’t — the 1 million figure is OBVIOUSLY false. This is an example of what John Allen Paulos termed “innumeracy” (illiteracy with numbers.)

Just another example of how these people are just, plain DUMB.

Pythagoras on August 15, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Alex_SF on August 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Not if Operation Chaos gets organized around this election. Whoo hoo!!! What a hoot–Senator Cindy Sheepdip.

smellthecoffee on August 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Gene Smith – “Why does NanzyP rate Secret Service protection?”

As Speaker of the House, she’s next in line if something happens to the occupant of the Oval Office and the Veep. Presumably that’s the reason for Secret Service protection – but who protects the Republic from Madam Speaker? Two years, and they haven’t done much to balance the budget, or solve the economic and energy problems. Nothing to show for all her work. Thank goodness she doesn’t represent my district.

Orson Buggeigh on August 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Ah, when the monsters turns on the mad scientist.
They deserve each other. Olympics nothing; bring on Denver.

RobCon on August 15, 2008 at 2:01 PM