The sadly obligatory “Bigfoot carcass photo hits the web” post; Update: Close-up photo added

posted at 11:10 am on August 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

The HA news priority totem pole looks like this: Politics at the top, then terrorism, then robots, then “The View,” then tabloid cryptozoology, and finally, of course, UFO sightings. Although given the action in this area lately, I’m thinking it might be time to reorder.

Here’s the photo. No word on the cause of death but I trust we’re all on the same page: Chupacabra.

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, who run Bigfoot expeditions, claim they made the astonishing discovery in the woods of north Georgia, in the southeast of the US.

The pair and “the real Bigfoot Hunter” Tom Biscardi, who has endorsed the find, plan to front a press conference in California, presenting DNA and photographic “proof.”…

“We trekked for a day a half … what kind of lunatic would be out here in a monkey suit? I saw the thing, I touched it,” said Mr Biscardi, who has been searching for Bigfoots since 1971.

The hunters say several Bigfoots were spotted walking around close to where they found the body but refuse to reveal the location in a bid “to protect the creatures”.

The press conference is tomorrow, thereby guaranteeing two glorious days of this heaven-sent filler content. Their website’s down but you can see a cached version (sans pics) here; the ‘Squatch is allegedly 7’7 and weighs more than 500 lbs., so I know you’re as curious as I am to hear how two guys managed to hoist him into a cooler and cart him away. Thus far, Whitton and Dyer have refused to let anyone see the body except for another bigfoot hunter who’s been involved in hoaxes before — but lest you doubt them, check out this surveillance footage from the expedition that’s, er, leaked out onto YouTube. Exit question: In light of “Rickmat’s” condition, can we officially pronounce this case closed?

Update: There’s a closer shot of the head here. The guy who sent it thinks it’s a bear. With mange.

Comments

“Bigfoot body found in US”

Does this help or hurt our nation’s image?

kc8ukw on August 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Is anyone else surprised that 2 guys from North Georgia even know what DNA is?

lorien1973 on August 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Personally, I’ve always wanted to discover a new form of life. Then kill it.

lorien1973 on August 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Is ‘Bigfoots’ the plural of Bigfoot? Or would it be Bigfeet? Let’s try it: Several Bigfeets milled around aimlessly as two unarmed dipsticks dressed the carcass in a dress and lampshade and preceded to take novelty pictures. No, that doesn’t sound right either.

austinnelly on August 14, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Is it really Bigfoot? Or is it David Schwimmer? He’s disappeared off the face of the planet and is unusually hairy.

mjk on August 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Bring it to Denver. Obama will raise it from the dead.

Urban Infidel on August 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM

lorien1973 on August 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Of course they know what DNA is; inbreeding is a tricky business…I’m kidding..I lived in Georgia as a child..I kid because I love…

austinnelly on August 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Urban Infidel on August 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Or make it a campaign advisor.

austinnelly on August 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Heh. Good video.

Badger in KC on August 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM

When I was a kid my Dad made my brother and I watch “Legend of Boggy Creek” with him. Ever since that day my biggest fear has been Bigfoot. They found this in Georgia, I’m in South Carolina. Way to close for comfort.

KelliD on August 14, 2008 at 11:20 AM

I guess I should have photographed the Bigfoot I caught before I grilled and ate him. Mmmmm good eatin’!

robblefarian on August 14, 2008 at 11:20 AM

But now the group are hatching plans for a secret expedition to capture a LIVE Bigfoot.

So…protect the creatures, then…go grab a few ALIVE to go on tour in cages.

Just like with that cloned baby that wacko cult said they had in Europe, I’ll wait for the presser.

JetBoy on August 14, 2008 at 11:21 AM

What? No picture of his feet??? His friggin’ name is BIGFOOT! You gotta have pictures of his enormous feet or it’s just another Chewbacca costume filled with pig guts.

SilverStar830 on August 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Yikes!!

If you don’t hear from me for a while, you’ll know what happened.

Bigfoot on August 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Bring it to Denver. Obama will raise it from the dead.

Urban Infidel on August 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Obama/Sasquatch ’08

My collie says:

We can dream, can’t we?

CyberCipher on August 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM

If I find a 7′ tall dead thing in the woods, I ain’t picking it up and carrying it home.

It’s one of the rules I live life by.

lorien1973 on August 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Ya know Lorien, us southerners do know about things like dna.

thekingtut on August 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM

They won’t be producing the body at the press conference. Thus, this is a fake. The dude in the pic looks fake. No body for reporters to see, then its a fake.

Sorry guys, chalk this up as another hoax with a BUTTLOAD of press.

Vincenzo on August 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM

THe woods of north Georgia… the same setting as Deliverance… coincidence ???

elgeneralisimo on August 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Bigfoots, Yetis, crazy looking dogs, aliens from outer space…you never see these things in NYC here….

OK, nevermind.

JetBoy on August 14, 2008 at 11:33 AM

THe woods of north Georgia… the same setting as Deliverance… coincidence ???

elgeneralisimo on August 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Does it squeal like a pig?

Funny video.

davidk on August 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Anyone seen Janet Reno or Helen Thomas lately? I’m just sayin’

sabbott on August 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Wasn’t there this weird story going around last year about some 10,000 lb wild hog that somebody shot in the woods in that part of the country? I think some kid claimed to have killed. I have no idea if it was true or not.

Blake on August 14, 2008 at 11:36 AM

The HA news priority totem pole looks like this: Politics at the top, then terrorism, then robots, then iPhone posts, then “The View,” then tabloid cryptozoology, and finally, of course, UFO sightings.

Corrected.

Beo on August 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Ha! Funny video. I thought you were gonna Rick Roll us.

BJ on August 14, 2008 at 11:39 AM

The worst part is that Bigfoot will never have to pay for his crimes:

George Antrobes on August 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Craptozoology..

BigWyo on August 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Oops. Here’s the link to Bigfoot’s horrible past:

George Antrobes on August 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM

austinnelly on August 14, 2008 at 11:16 AM

This reminds me of Bilbo’s party in the begining of Fellowship of the Rings, in which he refers to a clan as “Proudfoots” but a member of the clan corrects him, feet on the table, by saying “Proudfeet!”

I’m still not sure which is right…

ynot4tony2 on August 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM

You cant fool me. Thats Khaled Sheik Mohammed. Amnesty International is going to be very upset about this.

Lunkinator on August 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Obama to give a press conference demanding full withdrawal of troops from Georgia once the Russian Bigfoot is captured.

cntrlfrk on August 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM

How does this affect Michelle Obama’s children? I suspect that it does not. So why are we talking about it?

connertown on August 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM

I know everyone thinks that the people who study this are kooks, but the Bigfoot Field Research Organization is actually pretty straightforward and reputable, and they debunk plenty of hoaxes. Here’s the link to their website, detailing this one.

It’s a freakin’ gorilla costume.

Badger in KC on August 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Dammit.

Badger in KC on August 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM

I heard Medved talking about this yesterday. He had a guy on who said the pics were of a Bigfoot costume. Looking at the pics, I’d say he’s right.

Golden Boy on August 14, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Faaaaake.

Seixon on August 14, 2008 at 11:53 AM

hahaha funny stuff.

becki51758 on August 14, 2008 at 11:53 AM

God that was a funny post, Allah. You’re still the funniest writer on the web.

Baphomet on August 14, 2008 at 11:58 AM

A tribe of Bigfoots (Bigfeet) milling around in the hills of Georgia? Perfectly reasonable.

But a redneck in a monkey suit? IMPOSSIBLE! So, of course, there was no reason to even bother checking that theory out before they shot him and stuffed him in a freezer.

logis on August 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM

The real question is, what does PETA have to say on this issue?

Zaire67 on August 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Corrected.

Beo on August 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Actually I think iPhones comes in just behind politics.

NotCoach on August 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Exit question: In which category do we put news about Rosie O’Donnell?

Karl on August 14, 2008 at 12:09 PM

I want to believe!

tbradshaw on August 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM

You guys crack me up!

RushBaby on August 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Interested parties should check out the Bigfoot Research Organization to see their take on this, and it’s about as pretty as that alleged bigfoot.

NNtrancer on August 14, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Badger in KC on August 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I’m actually a member of a similar organization: Bigfeet Of Georgia United Society – and I say it’s the real thing!

sleepy-beans on August 14, 2008 at 12:17 PM

ynot4tony2 on August 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Yeah, that scene in LoTR was what made me think of that too..

tbradshaw on August 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I might not be remembering right, but as many myths as X-files had Mulder and Scully take on, I don’t think they ever did a bigfoot episode. That tells you right there how overdone it is.

austinnelly on August 14, 2008 at 12:20 PM

I am curious what they are selling. What kind of bizarre theater will unfold at the news conference tomorrow.

ronsfi on August 14, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Its a hoax?!?

If the BigFoot body is a hoax, does that mean that…

Aliens are not looking at us through our windows, and…
Chupacabra vampire dogs are not running around in Texas, and…
(gasp!) … that Barack Obama is not the messiah???

AverageJoe on August 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Hard to tell from those pics. I surely WANT to believe the story… But, yeah, it’s probably a bear.

Lawrence on August 14, 2008 at 12:27 PM

I just saw the “evidence”. This is about as real as that recent video that one goof said he shot of the Peeping Tom alien that was looking through his window.

Some people just HAVE to have their 15 minutes of fame, I swear!

pilamaye on August 14, 2008 at 12:29 PM

“Hmmmm, 7’7″, 500lbs?” [puts .30-06 back in rack, picks up .458 WinMag]

innominatus on August 14, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Yeah, I caught a bigfoot once. But it kept clogging the damn toilet, so I let it go.

Damn dirty monkey!

madmonkphotog on August 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM

It’s a hoax. Everyone knows that all the Bigfoots(feet) in these parts reside in the Coastal Plain, where they feast on monstrous feral hogs. BTW, I don’t understand how robots could possibly rank higher than UFO sightings. Mirabile dictu.

RedWinged Blackbird on August 14, 2008 at 12:48 PM

I hope these bigfoot stories don’t point to history repeating itself.

In the 70s we had bigfoot stories all the time.
In the 70s we had the worst president ever – Carter.
In the 70s we had the Misery Index.
In the 70s we had high taxation.
In the 70s we had windfall profits taxes.

Look out for movies about truck drivers and songs like “Convoy”.

BowHuntingTexas on August 14, 2008 at 12:49 PM

7′ 7″… hmmm… I give it two years until we see them in the NBA. They’ll skip college ball… too much of a zoo for them.

CC

CapedConservative on August 14, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Right. Uh-huh. Okay, shall we move along?

Brass Pair on August 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM

It doesn’t look like a bear, though. Bears have a fairly long snout, and that seems to have almost none.

Not saying it’s real or anything, but even a hoax has to be made from something.

Tanya on August 14, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Kinda looks like my third wife’s cousin Billy Bob…..
I gotta make a phone call!

Bubba Redneck on August 14, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Pelosi’s gang is coming back from vacation to enter Sasquatches into the protected species category from coast to coast. No Shale.

marklmail on August 14, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Anyone seen Janet Reno or Helen Thomas lately? I’m just sayin’

sabbott on August 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Or Rosey O’Donnell…….

Sabbott: Very, Very Very funny post!!!!!!!

Bubba Redneck on August 14, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Bear? No way. If it ain’t an actual Sasquatch, it is fake. I can’t imagine that that photo is a bear with mange.

nailinmyeye on August 14, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I wondered why Patrick Ewing wasn’t at the Olympic Basketball games.

marklmail on August 14, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Halloween costume, ha ha!

RushBaby on August 14, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Whatever it is, is isn’t a bear. I’ve eaten bear, and it is tough to beat (when wrapped in bacon and grilled).

I suspect this tastes like polyester and hand lotion.

And desperation.

Lots of.

Bob Owens on August 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Found one of those in a culvert last week. Recycled it.

whitetop on August 14, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Looks like the one that played the drums in that “Standing on the edge of night” video. Only less animated.

iurockhead on August 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM

CC

CapedConservative on August 14, 2008 at 12:49 PM

So easy, a sasquatch can do it? Call Geico, new add idea.

iurockhead on August 14, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Gee, if the photo is hosted on the Coast to Coast website it has to be real… right? After all, George Noory is so well known as a bright beacon of truth in a world full of evil skeptics.

nosliwelyk on August 14, 2008 at 2:40 PM

A bear with mange? That’s so yesterday. Once again, I suggest you see the Bigfoot Research Organization for more on mangy bears.

NNtrancer on August 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM

By the way, McCain might consider a Sasquatch for his running mate. It might pull in the coveted Sasquatch vote in Washington and Oregon, putting them in play, and would also represent a committment to real diversity.

NNtrancer on August 14, 2008 at 4:28 PM

North Georgia, huh? Who killed it, the Russians?

jgapinoy on August 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I think I went to college with that guy.

Meryl Yourish on August 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Shouldn’t we be more worried about what killed a 7′ 7″, 500 pound thingummy? I mean, that would be a much bigger thingummy, wouldn’t it?

TexasDan on August 14, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Blake on August 14, 2008 at 11:36 AM

The kid that shot one was 11, and I thought in Alabama or South Carolina or some such. Anyway, that hog was real, but nowhere near 10K lbs. I saw a picture of the boy leaning over the dead hogs back with a pistol in his hand. The hog measured a little over 9 feet tail to snout if I remember right.

Anyway, I saw a follow-up article from that saying since the story ran on the kid shooting the hog, he and his family were getting death threats from animal rights wackos.

The other hog you are thinking of from Georgia was Hogzilla, and that was debunked as a hoax.

Here’s a CNN report on it on Youtube

or you can go to monsterpig.com.

91Veteran on August 15, 2008 at 12:48 AM

CC

CapedConservative on August 14, 2008 at 12:49 PM

With a Geico endorsement since the Cavemen were too busy whining to their shrink.

91Veteran on August 15, 2008 at 12:56 AM

those don’t look like bear teeth to me…

homesickamerican on August 15, 2008 at 3:11 AM