Hillary: Hey, how about we place my name in nomination? Update: Obama, Hillary do damage control

posted at 7:26 pm on August 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

Not for her own ego gratification, mind you, but to make the people happy. And you know what? Listening to these tools murmur in assent, I think she might be right. They need it for closure, or healing, or unity, or whatever tingly submoronic psychobabble term you care to apply to the diehards in her camp coming to grips with the fact that she ran an awful campaign and got beat by a better candidate. Pay attention to the response from someone in the crowd when she talks about putting her name on the ballot for a symbolic vote and then rallying behind Obama. Quote: “It doesn’t work that way.” Except that it does. You lost, losers. Get over it.

They’re going to have themselves a big march during the convention, too, to protest whatever the hell it is they’re aggrieved about. Exit question: In spite of it all, you still miss her, don’t you?

Update: Ah, here’s that grievance now.

[B]ehind the united front, says an adviser, “it’s not a great relationship, and it’s probably not going to become one.” In private conversations, associates say, Clinton remains skeptical that Obama can win in the fall. That’s a sentiment some other Democrats believe is not just a prediction but a wish, because it would prove her right about his weaknesses as a general-election candidate and possibly pave the way for her to run again in 2012. Clinton is also annoyed that Obama has yet to deliver on his end of an informal bargain, reached as part of their truce, that each would raise $500,000 for the other. “Hillary has done her part in that regard,” says an adviser. “Obama has not.”

Update: A joint statement from the Obama and Clinton camps tries to douse the brushfire started by the flaring of Hillary’s ego:

We are working together to make sure the fall campaign and the convention are a success. At the Democratic Convention, we will ensure that the voices of everyone who participated in this historic process are respected and our party will be fully unified heading into the November election.

Comments

Exit Answer: Nope.

Jack M. on August 6, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Exit Answer: A little.

BadgerHawk on August 6, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Miss whom, again?

TexasDan on August 6, 2008 at 7:31 PM

I’ll never forgive Obama for making me hope Hillary would win.

JadeNYU on August 6, 2008 at 7:32 PM

I’m just glad she didn’t get the nomination. Not because I prefer Obama, I think he’s much more likely to blow it.

forest on August 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Exit question: Not really, ’cause her ghost is still hanging around the place.

Spirit of 1776 on August 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM

I still have hope! You can win, Hillary!

I’m seriously deluding myself wondering about whether a lot of liberals are feeling skittish about nominating Obama and may flip back to Hillary. It’s all about the superdelegates. With the leftward press starting to chatter about his arrogance and inexperience, there could be a nostalgic safety move back to the ex.

elladeon on August 6, 2008 at 7:35 PM

I fear Barry even more than I fear Hillary.

mimi1220 on August 6, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Miss her? That’s like asking me if I miss the way that the ground shook when the dinosaurs roamed the earth.

My collie says:

Maybe THAT’S why McCain is so fond of her.

CyberCipher on August 6, 2008 at 7:37 PM

I am still wondering if the Clintons have an Obama Bomb they will drop right before the convention to force the dems hand and nominate her.

EJDolbow on August 6, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Fear the Clenis machine. Much has yet to be written here, I think.

wccawa on August 6, 2008 at 7:38 PM

There must be millions of Democrat voters who now wish operation chaos had put her over the top.

The blood letting at the convention might be rated unviewable by anyone under 18.

Speakup on August 6, 2008 at 7:39 PM

trailortrash on August 6, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Aaaha, haha, pass the popcorn. It was bound to happen sooner, or later, where every vote would count, to the right person. It’s just a small question of those DNC Rules committee stolen Michigan, and Florida votes.

byteshredder on August 6, 2008 at 7:40 PM

The Democratic Party Convention: Racists vs Sexists. Let the battle begin!

Hollowpoint on August 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM

She is playing this so Obama fails in ’08 so that she really, really is the inEVITAble candidate in ’12.

65droptop on August 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM

You know, ol’ Barry-O Hopenchange has actually accomplished SOMEthing in his career, one thing that was very difficult and I never thought anyone could do: Made me realize that President Hillary just might not be so bad after all.

That being said, while I’ll support McCain (sometimes it feels like only by default), I’m for anything that continues the Chaos, divides the Democrats, and may possibly take votes away from them. If there are Hillary supporters who have had time to calm down, and decide to go for BigO after all, and this stirs up those feelings again, maybe they’ll stay home or come to our side.

JamesLee on August 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Heh. I don’t think so. If the Clintons had something on Obama they would’ve exploited it a long time ago.

terryannonline on August 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Maybe I missed something, but I seem to recall every convention since I was 13 (Reagan/Ford) having a rollcall vote of the delegates state by state.

I assume the R’s will have votes for Romney and Huck cast, why not votes for Hillary?

Clark1 on August 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM

How can I miss her when she won’t go away?

Oldnuke on August 6, 2008 at 7:43 PM

The Clintoons have something up their sleeves, they would not show up just to pass their power to Mr Ears. This is going to get fun, plus she has had no bad press while Mr Ears has been digging deep. Be wary, she has a closer shot to the big chair than people think,

bbz123 on August 6, 2008 at 7:43 PM

She is playing this so Obama fails in ‘08 so that she really,

I have no doubt that if McCain wins this year, Hillary will be our president in 2012.

terryannonline on August 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM

POPCORN.

OMG, SO MUCH POPCORN.

(Apologies for the all-caps, people, but c’mon. POPCORN.)

Well-Armed Lamb on August 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM

They are wringing their hands in hope, laughing on cue.
Is the DNC made up of nothing but infantile saps and giggling groupies just looking for anyone to worship?

RobCon on August 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM

“Hillary has done her part in that regard,” says an adviser. “Obama has not.”

Mr. “I’ve Always Said” not equal to his word? Shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Spirit of 1776 on August 6, 2008 at 7:46 PM

“I happen to believe that we’ll come out stronger if people think that their voices are heard. No decisions have been made.”

Hmmm. Doesn’t sound like, “No way, I’m supporting Obama” does it?

Is there anybody who really believed that the Wicked Witch of Chappaqua was just going to skulk away quietly after the primaries? As Rush said, Hillary will only be dead (politically speaking, of course) when the house lands on her and we see her feet curl up underneath.

My prediction: If Obama continues with his gaffe-a-day campaign strategy, things are going to be mighty ugly in Denver. We may need to tap into the nation’s Strategic Popcorn Reserve to avoid price spikes and supply the vast quantities that will be needed.

Cicero43 on August 6, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Exit question: In spite of it all, you still miss her, don’t you?

Yes and no. No because I know that if HillDog was the nominee, we’d have 8 years of her in charge of the free world. No doubt. She’d win 51% or more in both elections. Yes for the obvious reasons. Oh, and Bill. I prolly miss Bill on the trail the most.

malan89 on August 6, 2008 at 7:48 PM

This is becoming comical.

jencab on August 6, 2008 at 7:52 PM

I think her and OHmama should wrassle for the nomination.

In a pit full of broken glass.

My cash is on The Beast.

Who Really Wants It?!?!?

BigWyo on August 6, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I’m being repressed!

km on August 6, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Exit question: In spite of it all, you still miss her, don’t you?

If every liberal on planet earth vanished tomorrow, I might notice a very brief disruption in coffee service. Within a week, I’d forget they ever existed.

logis on August 6, 2008 at 7:57 PM

“They’re going to have themselves a big march during the convention, too ….”

200,000 Hillary supporters can’t be wrong!

Dusty on August 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM

A sorry sick gathering at the “coffee Klach” for hell.

1GooDDaDDy on August 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Please let David Axelrod’s boy quash this. I want to see angry women in Denver.

SouthernGent on August 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM

LMAO. Barack not keeping his promises? Say it ain’t so!

Dusty on August 6, 2008 at 8:04 PM

I want to see angry women in Denver.

Chaos.

malan89 on August 6, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I want to see angry women in Denver.

Don’t hold your breathe. It will all be a pretty picture.

terryannonline on August 6, 2008 at 8:12 PM

May Operation Chaos continue by all means!

CP on August 6, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Get those popcorn poppers ready!

This is gonna be gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

pilamaye on August 6, 2008 at 8:14 PM

is this the first shoe dropping in the ‘michelle whitey’ tape operation?

yeah, yeah, the source is a turd, i know.

DrW on August 6, 2008 at 8:14 PM

I could only watch a little of it. Too boring and too much whining…

From the get go, one of the femi-wussies “no disrespect for the future president Obama”, heh, just heh…

Then Hillary “…and then get behind Sen. Obama”. Play that back for fun, and see how much faster she says this part.

This ain’t over, oh it ain’t over by far, not this year, not in 2012.

In spite of it all, you still miss her, don’t you?

I do, and you know that many of us do. You just know it.

However, I miss her for her hard-earned substance. Toward the end I grew, very begrudgingly, to respect her.

The dems will regret very much having muzzled her this year.

Entelechy on August 6, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Hillary would sap the very life force out of McCain. Let’s hope for a good bloody fight with Obama getting the nomination at the end of it.

Cicero43 on August 6, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Exit answer: I know I’ll get thrown out of the VRWC for saying this, but I actually like her better than Obama.

It's Vintage, Duh on August 6, 2008 at 8:20 PM

I believe Hillary will have her last laugh, yet.

A HA commenter today said that Michelle O. is in “political rehabilitation”. I found that brilliant. Sorry that I don’t recall the commenter’s screen name.

Michelle
Obama
Political
Rehabilitation
Camp

An unrefined Jackie Kennedy O. will emerge. The fakery will be obvious.

Apologies to the real Jackie, sincerely.

Entelechy on August 6, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Exit question: In spite of it all, you still miss her, don’t you?

If she never spoke again, sure.

ThePrez on August 6, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Well, they succeeded in nominating McCain for us, so at least they have that to fall back on.

Watcher on August 6, 2008 at 8:22 PM

It’s the pant suits, right?

Or is the fact that MoveOn.org hates her?

McCain/Clinton ’08

terryannonline on August 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Strategic Popcorn Reserve

Wonderful! COL (Chuckle Out Loud)

Buford Gooch on August 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM

“she ran an awful campaign and got beat by a better candidate black man who also ran an awful campaign, but had the advantage of being black.”

Fixed.

fogw on August 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM

So Hillary! still has an outstanding campaign debt? And Obama hasn’t helped? Surprise, surprise, surprise! I have no doubt Hillary! is hoping and praying that the Obamassiah fails in November. That gives her entree to come back to the party faithful in 2012 with the opening remarks; “I’m not going to say that I told you so”.

GarandFan on August 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM

If Obambi falls to 30-35% in the polls before the convention, you can bet there will be a floor fight, and a lot of ‘super-delegates’ will be changing their votes. Missus Slick ain’t done yet.

That will probably take some revelation about Obambi that we haven’t heard yet, one the MSM can’t ignore. Hard to imagine what that could be, though. Rev. Wright would have killed any other candidate by himself, but not Obambi, the Annointed One.

MrLynn on August 6, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Tick,Tick,Tick Denver!

I miss Slick Willys debaucherous ways that he
besmirched Obama,and the way that Bill spoke at
HilRods functions,and especially the way Bill
screwed up HilRods campaign!

And Hillary,thats a no brainer,I do miss those
screeching,a cat on a hot tin roof cackles!HAHA

canopfor on August 6, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Exit question: Yeah, a little. Only because she annoyed the living hell out of The One.

I hope her name goes into nomination. I hope it’s a big old public mess. I do. I can’t help it.

Athena on August 6, 2008 at 9:09 PM

You lost, losers. Get over it.

You forgot “sweetie.”

Karl on August 6, 2008 at 9:14 PM

By some freak of cyber nature I got the “video no longer available” message, yet the audio played fine. So I listened to Hillary without a picture.

The difference between Haillary and Obama when speaking extemporaneously is quite stark.

Obama’s mouth is saying “uh..er..uh..” while his mind is searching for actual words while, on the other hand, Hillary’s mouth is busy just trying to keep up with her thoughts.

Hillary should insist on a first ballot vote and then, in the interest of unity, get to join Obama on the podium at the end. She’ll be like Reagan in ’76.

Tuning Spork on August 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM

I just love the timing of this.
I promise not to gloat when she pulls this off…hehehe

jerrytbg on August 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM

You go GIRL!

TheSitRep on August 6, 2008 at 10:14 PM

pass the popcorn…make a beer run. there is going to be a fevvvveh in Denver…

unseen on August 6, 2008 at 10:25 PM

If I didn’t know any better, I’d bet it’s going to be a Hillary Clinton, three point buzzer beater, right over the top of St. Biraq. SWIIISH!

byteshredder on August 6, 2008 at 10:34 PM

The vast majority of BOTH parties are having a serious case of buyers remorse.

But if it is bad now, just wait until the bills start coming in.

That old

No payments due until February 2009!

marketing trick suckered in the suckers again.

LegendHasIt on August 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM

At 2:30 she refers to Barack Obama not by name, but as “my opponant”.

Is there any Hope left?

Tuning Spork on August 6, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I am LOVING this!

Hillary women UNITE! The patriarchal society led by Obama will be defeated!!!!!!!!!!! I suggest they fly one of these at the convention:

(Seriously funny. I warned you!)

Rightwingsparkle on August 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM

I got to 1:49 and had to mute it. Retch.

I hope they all write her in in November; she deserves it.

Jaibones on August 6, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Miss her? I can’t get to my remote to change the channel fast enough whenever she or DH appear on my TV!

Looking forward to some fun times from Denver at the end of this month. The MSM may suppress it so it appears the dems are unified and all kissy-kissy, but I’ve got my trusty sites on the internet to go to, plus lots of popcorn on hand!

TeeDee on August 7, 2008 at 12:16 AM

MrLynn on August 6, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I’ll bet you’re right. Last minute sabotage and character assassination are an old Clinton tradition. If Carville, Begala, Lanny Davis, Sidney Blumenthal and Pellicano suddenly appear out of nowhere expect Obambi to see smears he can’t even imagine while the presstitutes sold out to Obambi go full bore schizophrenic trying to figure out which Democrat they’re still supposed to be brown-nosing.

viking01 on August 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM

This is more than a battle of two people for the nomination for the Presidency. This is a battle for control of the DNC between the Clinton machine and the Daley Chicago machine. If Obama wins then Daley wins the DNC. If Daley wins will HRC be allowed another try in 2012?

maxine on August 7, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Bring on the convention! Popcorn, get your popcorn! You know, because it will be like watching a feature film, starring the fantastic Mr. Obama!

Seixon on August 7, 2008 at 3:41 AM

Does Hillary have a secret?
Well, there is all this stuff about Obama not
being Constitutionally eligible to run,
the forged certificate of birth, dual
citizenship etc. Could just be net flakiness.
The Texasdarlin website has some good arguments
but it may all be nothing.
If anybody knows, I bet Hillary knows.

davem on August 7, 2008 at 7:17 AM

Hillary will NEVER go away!!! She is still planning and will drop a big load of dog stink on the Great and Glorious Leader right before Denver! Muwahahahahahahah!!!!

sabbott on August 7, 2008 at 7:45 AM

I thought that other HA Headline of 1,300,000-however-many it is, was going to say that it was the number of ‘Rat Sooper-Delegates Herself had suborned to toss a monkey-wrench into RatFest08. I’m waiting for the street brawls between PUMAs and Homeys. More Popcorn! More beer!!

GeneSmith on August 7, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Hey, I just thought of something – where’s Howard Dean? Wasn’t 2004 a giant tussle between the Clinton machine (through Terry McAuliff) and the new-media Howard Dean? So where’s he in this street fight?

elladeon on August 7, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Exit answer: Good riddance.

ballz2wallz on August 7, 2008 at 11:24 AM

This is a real crunchy group. When the Wicca ceremony start?

RobCon on August 7, 2008 at 1:39 PM