Video: Surf’s up for the most ethical Congress evah

posted at 1:05 pm on August 5, 2008 by Allahpundit

Welcome ridicule from Freedom’s Watch, which, unlike MoveOn, knows how to keep things light without turning their message into something indistinguishable from an opponent’s parody. My one criticism is that future spots in this vein should quote today’s Politico article early and often. Make sure the public knows that not only do the Democrats intend to do virtually nothing about drilling, they’re actively engaged in a charade designed to protect themselves so that they can do even less next year. Hopefully Gingrich’s group has something on the way.

Comments

A bit too unserious. The GOP needs a gut punch not to tickle the funny bone

William Amos on August 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

GET SOME!

mad saint jack on August 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Love it. Too bad the liberal reps forgot what their job really is.

john1schn on August 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Scariest part? Hillary on roller blades.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 5, 2008 at 1:11 PM

ninjapirate on August 5, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Too many phallic symbols to count.

fogw on August 5, 2008 at 1:14 PM

fogw, are you saying that our political phalli are on display, more naked than ever?

William, caution is very good. I wish Obama wold be ahead by a few point into Nov. 04. However, that map doesn’t mean anything at this time. I recall looking at such, in vain, in 2004.

Entelechy on August 5, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Remember when the MSM and fellow travelers were having a hissy fit because Mr. Bush was taking just way too many vacations; like the President is ever on vacation?

davidk on August 5, 2008 at 1:18 PM

And, forgot, that photoshop of Murtha, thank you whovever did that. I laughed myself silly this morning over it.

Entelechy on August 5, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Entelechy, you of all people know exactly what I am saying.

fogw on August 5, 2008 at 1:20 PM

They should have showed Obama more — on his bike, in the gym and lounging in his cushy ‘O-Force One’ chair.

Dusty on August 5, 2008 at 1:22 PM

That’s a pretty good one.

Bob's Kid on August 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM

William Amos on August 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

I disagree. humor is the strongest negative you can have for elites. ridicule is the best weapon for elite snobs.

unseen on August 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM

ha, nice

trailortrash on August 5, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Nice touch throwing in Feingold.

steveegg on August 5, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Hillary hasn’t had a body like that since 1969, lol (if ever)

gmoonster on August 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM

fogw on August 5, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I forgot the /rhetorical ?

Hang in there. It’s not as bad as it looked a few months/weeks ago. I’m hopeful, still. Regards to you, the misses, and the special one,

Entelechy on August 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM

A better closing would have been “Just exactly what are THEY doing for their paycheck?”

GarandFan on August 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Kerry windsurfing had me LOL. I should have seen it coming. They could have used the original and just bobbleheaded it.

shick on August 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Entelechy on August 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I am hopeful as well. I think you may have misinterpreted by barb the other day when I said half of the electorate are dumb as rocks. While there’s no denying they are, I did not mean to imply I thought their legions of dumbness would pull off a victory for Obama.

McCain can pull this off. But I’ve got issues with the better of two evils as well.

My oldest son will be shipping out again next month, for parts unknown. My second oldest has moved out your way, living in Costa Mesa now. Expereienced his first earthquake last week and wasn’t exactly thrilled about it.

cheers, my friend.

fogw on August 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM

My attitude is if you want to be voted into office, you GIVE UP the right to a vacation until your term of office is over and you have done the job you were voted into office to do first. If people don’t want Term Limitation in Congress, maybe this would be the next best thing to insuring politicians only serve one or two terms in office.

pilamaye on August 5, 2008 at 1:52 PM

A bit too unserious. The GOP needs a gut punch not to tickle the funny bone

William Amos on August 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

I think a mix is a good idea.

drjohn on August 5, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I think you may have misinterpreted my barb the other day when I said half of the electorate are dumb as rocks. While there’s no denying they are, I did not mean to imply I thought their legions of dumbness would pull off a victory for Obama.

Thanks for the clarification. We agree, then.

Same here. I could cry, but I’m a realist, not an “arrogant optimist”, as my other friend The Race Card would say. Just kidding you TRC. You can call me anything and I’ll smile.

cheers, my friend.

fogw on August 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I jumped under my office desk, something I hardly ever do, as we Californians just ignore most of them. This one was short, but intensely felt. No biggie though. He’ll get used to them in no time. Let me know when you come out this way. We’ll celebrate the victories.

Entelechy on August 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM

hahaha

becki51758 on August 5, 2008 at 2:43 PM

This is great stuff!

DCJeff on August 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I guess “Speaker of the House” is not a national job. I called Pelosi’s office once and was told that since I’m not from her district she won’t take my comments or respond.

E9RET on August 5, 2008 at 6:28 PM