Video: The party crasher

posted at 3:18 pm on July 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Not a segment that’ll do much to enhance Fox News’s reputation with the left, but as a mid-day palate cleanser it’s perfection. Exit quotation: “91 years old — how special.” Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What a way to make her birthday one never to forget! He looked perfectly at ease and perfectly genuine.

He is a gentleman, a gentleman with cojones. Remember when he pulled his Secret Service guy through the Chilean goon blockade?

inmypajamas on July 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM

GW…Killing Terrorists now so your grandkids don’t have to later…Ten out of Ten Dictators agree, anyone but Bush…No greater friend to the taxpayer, no deadlier foe to our enemies…Saddam Hussein dead, Dan Rather fired, Al gore over the edge, Kerry thumped, Nancy Pelosi done, Harry Reid eating some fine tasting Crow, al Qaeda in retreat all over the Globe, bin Laden either dead or…who cares…Not a single terrorist’s attack on US soil since 9-11…Who knew this would be the case on 9-12? Inherited a dotcom bubble, recession, 9-11, Katrina, and now a housing and banking meltdown…He has been a stalwart leader in very hard times. You probably have to go back to Lincoln to find a President who has led the nation thru such trials and travails as GW…What a guy. Godspeed to you Mr. President…

Nozzle on July 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Dude! Can I use that? That really puts it all into perspective.

E-mail this to Mac.

davidk on July 31, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Conservatives have gotten over their hate of Clinton, right? I hope.

terryannonline on July 31, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Which one? The Seahag or the rapist?

91Veteran on July 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Nozzle on July 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Well said.. DAMN straight!!

Frankly, I don’t even think Lincoln can compare to what GW has done for America … the world.

Texas Gal on July 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM

What’s more, I don’t believe for a minute he did this as a publicity stump. I believe he did it for her. He just wanted to make a difference in someone else’s life. What does he have to gain or lose? Nothing. I’ll miss you Dubya!

thedecider on July 31, 2008 at 11:26 PM

This is absolutely charming. This president has a great touch for this sort of thing…

Spirit of 1776 on July 31, 2008 at 4:15 PM

It takes one to know one :)

You’re wrong on the “boring” and on (all) the “women judging other women”. Some women admire other women who’re interesting, even if they mostly prefer men’s company. That’s the case here. In general, though, you are right about men and women seeing women differently.

KP and the conservative lady on the View are way overrated by the HA menhood. KP is smart but something about her is like a nun. It’s that certain sternness and “I’m a bit better than you”. Also, AP is not that partial to this side, and pretty objective, way more than her. In the end, all go out and be happy, or not, to each’s own.

Entelechy on July 31, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Hemmer spoke to the 91 year-old woman like Greg Gutfeld does to his mom on Red Eye.

Damian G. on August 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Probably the last comment since I have been incommunicado all day – but what a great video. I love GWB and I love what Nozzle wrote about him. GWB – you will be missed!

HawaiiLwyr on August 1, 2008 at 1:06 AM

great post and yes, Nozzle, you are absolutely right!

we’ll miss you, dubya.

homesickamerican on August 1, 2008 at 3:12 AM

Damian G. on August 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM

I agreed. He was a little brash and overfamiliar, rather than opening by saying, “Good morning, ma’am, so nice to be able to speak to you. Thank you for joining us. (etc.)” If this had been Dennis Miller he would have been tripping over himself with respectful deference to his elders. I’ve enjoyed many heartwarming conversations he’s had with random elderly callers since he became a radio host.

Captain Scarlet on August 1, 2008 at 7:47 AM

Entelechy on July 31, 2008 at 11:53 PM

I was teasing about the woman-woman thing. I didn’t really mean that seriously :)

KP and the conservative lady on the View are way overrated by the HA menhood.

The point you made following that I yield. As the election has approached, flexibility has decreased imho.

As to the overrated bit, I hate to disagree, but I think that is subjective. I don’t think KP is overrated, because who is her equal on the left? And I think EH (on View) is great because she demonstrates what I consider a default Americanism. Ie without extensive facts at hand, she believes in life, common sense, and a tangible good vs evil. And she does this in the face of several liberals simultaneously. I think she’s great for what she represents.

Spirit of 1776 on August 1, 2008 at 1:11 PM