Jindal for GOP convention keynote speaker; Update: Or Huck?

posted at 8:05 pm on July 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Ruffini calls for a groundswell, which shouldn’t be too difficult. So obviously is this a good idea that I assumed Jindal had already been named. But then, this is the party that didn’t see the Ted Stevens catastrophe coming from four years away. Assume nothing.

A charismatic young politician, a keynote springboard to national fame — we’ve seen this movie before and it ends happily (thus far). Exit question: Anyone not think this is a no-brainer?

Update: Surprising grumbling in the comments about his history with exorcism and vote on creationism.

Update: You can use the keynote either to promote a new political talent or to showcase a dynamic speaker who can use the time to sell the party’s message ahead of the election (or, in the case of someone like Obama, both). Jindal fits the bill on the first point, but as much as it pains me to say it, the best we can do on the second is probably Huckabee. He’s not popular enough within the party to get the slot, in all likelihood, but there’s no better communicator on the right at the moment and it’d be a sop to evangelicals miffed at the fact that he’s left off the ticket. Worth considering.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Creationism-mania!

lorien1973 on July 31, 2008 at 8:07 PM

geez Allah, us Alaskans didn’t even see it coming until a year ago.

upinak on July 31, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Obligatory:

¡JINDAL!

MB007 on July 31, 2008 at 8:10 PM

I think he’s going to need a better picture. Kind of a bad haircut there…

ctmom on July 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM

I figured this was a done deal.

amerpundit on July 31, 2008 at 8:12 PM

The GOP needs to cast out a few demons.

ninjapirate on July 31, 2008 at 8:13 PM

As long as he brings the crawdads then I’m cool with it.

Limerick on July 31, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Maybe he can pay for the bloggers’ internet with that pay raise he just got :P

lorien1973 on July 31, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I could never support an anti-science religious fundamentalist politician. I’m all for religious people in general and I really like and have a lot in common with many of the fundamentalists types here, but I wouldn’t want them to be president. No offense, guys…. :)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Not for me, Palin or Huckabee: On yhas more experience than Jindal, the other came in second during the primaries.

A Thompson Supporter

clover_dave on July 31, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I want to be sure to know when to watch. Does he do an exorcism at the start or at the end of his speech?

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM

I would rather it be Palin speaking, but Jindal is good, too!

It's Vintage, Duh on July 31, 2008 at 8:18 PM

The GOP needs to cast out a few demons.

ninjapirate on July 31, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Can we watch it on TV? Will it be like an exorcism?

upinak on July 31, 2008 at 8:18 PM

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM

…and if so, who going to run for President in McCain’s absence? :)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:19 PM

…and if so, who going to run for President in McCain’s absence? :)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:19 PM

How busy are you this fall?

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:20 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Oh, Please!! What is it with you people who say other’s can have a diffent opinion but then make a blanket statement like that. Isn’t he Catholic? I have never heard of a fundamentalist Catholic. You can barely go to LittleGreenFootballs anymore because of this stupid subject. It’s like tic tac toe, it’s faith on both sides, no varifible winner. Jindal belives that the people in this country can do anything and everything they set out to do and I AGREE!!!!

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I would rather it be Palin speaking, but Jindal is good, too!

It’s Vintage, Duh on July 31, 2008 at 8:18 PM

With everyone saying she is under investigation due to a rogue trooper, I am not sure WTF is going on up here.

upinak on July 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM

I think Larry Craig should get the slot.

malan89 on July 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM

How busy are you this fall?

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:20 PM

I’ve sometimes wished I could run for office but I have a hunch that the conservative electorate isn’t ready to support an atheist yet. ;(

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:23 PM

I love this guy. I believe Rush Limbaugh when he said that Jindal will be the next Reagan.

jencab on July 31, 2008 at 8:24 PM

Will he be curing cancer from the stage? Can he do it through TV?!11

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:25 PM

I would rather it be Palin speaking, but Jindal is good, too!

She would be good to hammer home the energy/drilling points. It’s really a shame our nominee is against drilling in ANWR. We could really use that issue right now.

malan89 on July 31, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Will he be curing cancer from the stage? Can he do it through TV?!11

Ummm….yes and yes.

malan89 on July 31, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Not so surprising given our history of pessimism on anything that isn’t Palin! or Fred!

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Ummm….yes and yes.

Yay!

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:27 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:23 PM

To bad Mark Twain isn’t still alive to campaign for you. Not that even with his help you would win, but it would be a blast!

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:27 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:15 PM

We’re only talking about having him be a speaker at the convention- not nominating him as Emperor of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Hollowpoint on July 31, 2008 at 8:27 PM

his intro for mccain a month back was bad. he’s not a sharp teleprompterist. is taht a word?

DrW on July 31, 2008 at 8:28 PM

A guy who says an act of exorcism can cure cancer is a major speaker at the convention. What could be wrong with that?

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Now Ed might have been caught by surprise by that, but you AP.

lol.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:29 PM

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM
…and if so, who going to run for President in McCain’s absence? :)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:19 PM

Well we know it won’t be Huckabee, ‘cuz he’d be vanquished too.

AZCoyote on July 31, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Science doesn’t belong to any nation, it’s a method of deducing the nature of the universe. We can either engage in the process or we can hide our heads in the sand and deny the reality that surrounds us. One leads to prosperity and the other destitution.

And yes, anybody who is anti-science based on religious grounds is a fundamentalist no matter which religion they belong to.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:30 PM

upinak on July 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Well, when you’re running against both Dems and corrupt Republicans, you’re bound to have people after you. Here’s a good post on the investigation and the complaint.

It's Vintage, Duh on July 31, 2008 at 8:31 PM

not nominating him as Emperor of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Hollowpoint on July 31, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Yup, I think that Juan has the Goracle in mind for that position or at least something similar like Imperial Master of Global Warming Science..

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM

jencab on July 31, 2008 at 8:24 PM

I don’t see how; Reagan was a strong supporter of science. For example, SDI.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Will he be curing cancer from the stage? Can he do it through TV?!11

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:25 PM

If you put enough $$$ in the collection plate all things are possible my son.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:34 PM

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:28 PM

I think that it would be fine, just as long as the demons he casts out don’t come over to my house.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:37 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Reagan wanted creationism taught alongside evolution in public schools.

amerpundit on July 31, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Will he be curing from the stage?

freevillage on July 31,2008 at 8:25PM.

freevillage: Are you suffering !

canopfor on July 31, 2008 at 8:38 PM

I don’t see how; Reagan was a strong supporter of science. For example, SDI.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM

If Bobby Jindal was put in charge of SDI he would rename the missiles, Exorcism I, Exorcism II and Exorcism III and replace their fuel with Holy Water.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM

I like GovBob a lot and look for him to have a bright future in national politics.

But if he brings a dead chicken, a tambourine, a bottle of
7-Up and a voodoo mask on stage with him at the GOP Convention, he loses me.

Or if he’s introduced on-stage by this dude. Seriously.

Mike D. on July 31, 2008 at 8:41 PM

I thought it might be Lieberman to talk about taking stands and national security. It could be Palin to talk about energy. I do not mind Jindal attending an excorcism. When I was in college, if someone invited me to an excorcism I sure would have gone to see it– and I am not into ghosts, demons, or faith healers either.

KW64 on July 31, 2008 at 8:42 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Well maybe I missed it but I don’t believe that he is anti-Science. Where are you from, do you not realize that almost EVERYBODY goes to church in the South, and the further south you go the bigger the majority. So he is suppose to blow off his citizens so that you won’t think he is a backwards moron? He didn’t stop evolution from being taught in the schools but just the mere mention of the fact that other people believe other things means they should be banished. Faith is faith whether it be in God or evultion. Good to see so such an open mind. I am not even sure you can believe in science without an open mind to all the possibilities. All things are possible.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Holy Water…

MB4 on July 31,2008 at 8:40PM.

MB4: That Holy Water must be some b#tchin fuel,
and you just solved the gasoline,fuel problem!

What say you? :)

canopfor on July 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM

This isn’t anti-religious sentiment, its anti-Catholic sentiment. Pretty typical actually. Its a miracle anybody ever supported Giuliani with the way you protestants feel it is your right to attack every single aspect of Catholicism.

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 8:46 PM

I’d still prefer Romney as Keynoter, but if he gets the VP slot, then Jindal. Otherwise, Jindal, Palin, Steele in that order after (or before, I guess).

Dusty on July 31, 2008 at 8:46 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Is it your view that a Christian, by nature, cannot hold the scientific method in as high an estimation as atheists? Is it your view that science and Christianity are fundamentally at odds with each other? If so I’ll have to break it to a lot of my friends that they are not professional scientists or that they are backslidden Christians. Science appeals to both empiricism and rationalism, neither of which, in themselves, is against Christianity nor any of Christianity’s claims. Really, I’m always amazed that with the participation of many brilliant scientists over the years, who were also Christians (devoutly so, not just being part of their climate), that there are those who, in a knee-jerk reaction, claim that if you think ID is possible then you’re a science hater. Say it with me: Jindal wont destroy science.

Weight of Glory on July 31, 2008 at 8:48 PM

freevillage: Are you suffering !

No. My grandfather has died from cancer. My other grandmother is currently suffering from cancer. Not that Jindal is in any way responsible, of course. But there are real lives at stake here. And he’s not the only one who spits this kind of garbage.

Just yesterday (believe it or not) I came across a thread on another forum where a guy was asking how he could help his friend. His friend lost his teenage daughter to cancer few years ago, and they just learned their remaining child has the same disease, and at a terminal stage. One moron actually suggested that the parents read a book on “spiritual causes of cancer” and tell their daughter she only had limited time to accept Jesus Christ.

If nothing else, this is cruel and morally wicked. So I do think any idiot like Jindal who tells people they have to face this horrible disease because they haven’t been sufficiently cleansed, needs to feel some kind of pressure from rational people.

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Susan’s sister and a woman named “Louise,” who Bobby says was “a member of a charismatic church,” pinned Susan down and prayed loudly and desperately. They yelled things like, “Satan, I command you to leave this woman” and commanded “(all) demons to leave in the name of Christ.” Susan continued shouting. Bobby tried to remain calm, though at one point, he thought he could be having a stroke. Bobby tried praying, but he became exhausted.

Susan attempted to escape, and during the scuffle, “Alice,” the student leader for Campus Crusade for Christ, “entered the room for the first time, brandishing a crucifix.” They had tried calling a “rival” Christian group to help, but the preacher “denied” their request for help and told them to not to “confront the demon.” Alice made Susan even angrier. Susan tried lunging toward the door. Bobby began repeating the Hail Mary over and over again.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Reagan wanted creationism taught alongside evolution in public schools.

amerpundit on July 31, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Reagan wasn’t right about everything.
Other than teaching that creationism is scientifically WRONG in every measurable aspect, there isn’t anything else to “teach” about it.

Tman on July 31, 2008 at 8:54 PM

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM

I don’t see anything about his ability to govern in there. Is performing exorcisms illegal?

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

What say you? :)

canopfor on July 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Olay?

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

or that they are backslidden Christians.

They are.

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

They are.

freevillage on July 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

This is the EXACT same kind of argument that the Islamic fundamentalists use to justify murdering people. Are you okay with that?

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 8:57 PM

I would rather it be Palin speaking, but Jindal is good, too!

It’s Vintage, Duh on July 31, 2008 at 8:18 PM

She’ll be busy preparing for her VP speech

ConservativePartyNow on July 31, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Jimmy the notable,

Yeah, what is that all about? It is the oddest thing. People can trash a particular denomination because of _____fill in the blank but Catholics are treated like they aren’t even Christians. I remember my mother-in-law getting all breathless because a Catholic boy asked my teenage sister-in-law to a picnic held by folks stationed on a naval vessel in Virginia. Gave her a acceptable form of WTF is your problem. I am sure it made no difference.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:59 PM

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Is baying at the moon, instead of say going to an oncologist, to cure/treat cancer illegal?

Do you see anything about that which would affect some peoples judgment as to that person’s fitness?

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Its just general bigotry that’s passed from generation to generation. People go back in time and look at something like the Protestant Reformation and assume that because they belong to a protestant faith, they must be better than those damn corrupt catholics and that eeeevil pope. I mean, I was raised catholic, so I can’t be sure that’s the reason, but I know that’s an argument that I’ve seen used before.

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 9:04 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Miracles (if they exist) are singular events that are out of the ordinary. As they are outside of what’s ordinary, they are not reproducible and, therefore, can’t be measured. If something is not reproducible and measurable, it is outside the realm of science. This means that science can neither prove nor disprove it.

Believing in things outside of the realm of science does not make you anti-science.

JadeNYU on July 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM

amerpundit:

Reagan wanted creationism taught alongside evolution in public schools.

See? Even Reagan made mistakes now and then. :)

irishspy on July 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Okay, I see what you’re saying. But the article at TPM says that they did the exorcism because they believed his friend was suicidal, not to cure her of her cancer. It just happened that after the exorcism, after she went back to the doctor, there was no traces of cancer.

So no, his religious practices did not interfere with the normal procedure of treating cancer.

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Maybe not that time. Drunk drivers don’t kill anyone most of the time.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Jimmy the notable/freevillage

Well, there are enough nuts to go around that we shouldn’t be looking for things to find fault with our fellow man. That being said may I let freevillage know how truly sorry I am not that his friends have suffered so much sorrow. I just can’t imagine and I wish I knew something that would comfort them or lessen their pain. I guess only time will help and I am sure they are thankful for your support. And although I know it doesn’t really mean much to you I hope you will understand that my prayers for them will be sincere and meant with only the kindest intentions. While there is no excuse for the truly miserable people that relayed such an awful message I hope you will admit that people of faith don’t have a monopoly on that sort of thing.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 9:14 PM

No.My grandfather died from cancer…

freevillage on July 31,2008 at 8:52PM.

freevillage: My grandfather raised me,his own daughter
wanted an abortion,which sparked a 30 year
family row.

My grandfather was my world,he died of lung
cancer!

Republicans should not be lumped in with
religious zealots,or snake handlers!

Tolerance should be used,accept for the
Jihadys that want to take you to their
paradise,against your will!:)

canopfor on July 31, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I think Larry Craig should get the slot.

malan89 on July 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM

“The slot?” I’d think Larry would be better suited for getting “The Shaft.”

ErikTheRed on July 31, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 9:14 PM

That they don’t.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 9:16 PM

So, some Web site has a poll about Jindal for GOP speaker…

Anyway, McCain’s calling the shots now and he has given absolutely no indication whatsoever that he would approve a conservative keynote speaker.

logis on July 31, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Me thinks I found the problem!

We need a mass exorcism on the
Liberal Democratic Party,that
way,they will be right as rain,
again! Haha :)

canopfor on July 31, 2008 at 9:21 PM

It wasn’t a shock to me who brought up the nonsense.

Topsecretk9 on July 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM

The slot?” I’d think Larry would be better suited for getting “The Shaft.” ErikTheRed on July 31, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Well done.

Dead Hand Control on July 31, 2008 at 9:30 PM

JadeNYU on July 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for that sentiment. I don’t go to church but everywhere I look I see miracles. Be it God or science I am just so greatful for the experience. There is a lot more beautiful in the world than ugly.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM

All things are possible.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM

In the spirit of exploration all things are rhetorically possible, but in reality some things are not possible.

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.” -Tyler Durden

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Why is that surprising? His support for a bill that will allow ID/creationism to be taught in schools, dressed up like it’s real science, will lead to further deterioration of La. public schools and education. Businesses will not locate here because the public schools are not good enough for their employees, and because they cannot find sufficiently educated employees.

I tend to not be all that concerned about the exorcism bit; this was years ago, if I understand correctly, and about the same time as his conversion to Catholicism. Unless I hear more about this, I think it can be chalked up to youthful idiocy combined with youthful exuberance.

reine.de.tout on July 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Some of you are so anti-Christianity that any sign or mention of it on our fellow conservatives is enough to denigrate them to lower-than-Hillary status.

Freedom of religion be damned! I’m not votin’ for Mr. Intelligent Design!

/sarc

HYTEAndy on July 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM

First of all, even in the south there are plenty of people who go to church every Sunday who are also pro-science. Second, science is not a democratic or legal process, it’s a method of reason and logic. Remove reason or logic from science and it is no longer science, even if the electorate votes that it is.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Surprisingly, I vote for Huckabee.

SouthernGent on July 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Weight of Glory on July 31, 2008 at 8:48 PM

No, there are plenty of religious scientists too. But it’s a fact that anti-science fundamentalists do not hold the scientific method in high esteem. Quite the contrary.

No, it’s the Creationist movement, those trying to pervert science to their own religious ends, that claim such.

I agree with most of the remainder of your paragraph, but anybody who thinks that ID is science doesn’t know crap about science regardless of their education and whether or not they call themselves scientists.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

o great, all we need is a dude that has a history of casting out demons as if the real world is a bad movie.

You know, nothing good has come from New Orleans since Andy Jackson killed a few brits and saved the country. Since then, avoid the whole state of Looseriana. This dude aint ready for prime time.

Plus he is a creatonist….and a guy who casts out devils. Yeah…sounds like Huckabee without stapled stomach surgery.

Roger Waters on July 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM

I am sick to death of Huckleberry Hound. I would like to see someone like Walter E Williams give it … along with an economics lesson.

crosspatch on July 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM

I joked about his exorcism but that’s actually a net+ with me. :p

ninjapirate on July 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I think I literally hate Huckabee.

davenp35 on July 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM

jimmy the notable on July 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Your question was addressed to MB4, but speaking for myself I don’t have a problem with Jindal’s participation in an exorcism so long as he doesn’t try to impose his religious views on others through the power of the government. I said as much in that thread at the time. However, his signing of the ID bill demonstrated to me that he suffers from that affliction.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 9:58 PM

I was just thinking last night Jindal would be a good keynote speaker. Man if my hunches still prove true, Crist is veep.

JetBoy on July 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

I think I literally hate Huckabee.

davenp35 on July 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM

You may be in good company as Jesus may well feel the same way.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

JadeNYU on July 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Aside from the fact that I don’t believe in super natural miracles I actually agree with everything else you said. However, anybody who promotes warping the minds of children by lying to them that ID is science is most certainly anti-science.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

If McCain keeps spouting off about “bipartisanship” or keeping the spirit of not wanting to alienating a demographic, we MAY end up with

Juan Hernandez

or Al Gore himself

I’m just being bi-partisanly practical here…

catmman on July 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

HYTEAndy on July 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Since there aren’t any known atheist conservative politicians and I’m a conservative I don’t have any choice but to vote for religious conservatives. The issue for me is whether or not they support science and the Constitution.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 10:15 PM

The GOP needs to cast out a few demons.

ninjapirate on July 31, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Amen

Maxx on July 31, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Jindal is good. He is simply too young and inexperienced, just like “The One.” Let him speak. God willing, he will explain the common sense truth of Darwin and rise in the conservative ranks over the next four to eight years.

Star20 on July 31, 2008 at 10:32 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Exactly. And just as science is a method of reason and logic, belief in the Creator is faith.

And there are many people of faith (myself included), whose faith is strong enough to take joy in the wonders of science, while understanding the difference between the two.

reine.de.tout on July 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Yea except for my children, my wife, my family, my friends, my food, my music, yea nothing…we just a bunch of ignorant hicks. On the other hand…kiss…

Bobby Jindal has accomplished a lot more than you have.

Jindal was a Hindu, but converted to Catholicism in high school.[5] He has also offered his religious testimony before Baptist and Pentecostal congregations.[6] He attended public school at Baton Rouge Magnet High School and graduated when he was 17. Following high school, Jindal enrolled, and eventually graduated, from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, with honors in biology and public policy. Afterwards, he received a master’s degree in political science from New College, Oxford, as a Rhodes Scholar.

Governor, Rhodes Scholar, Honors Biology from Brown University, what would he know about evolution eh? What is it that you have accomplished? Sorry I can’t hear you. He won in Louisiana campaigning as a conservative when all you secularists were declaring that Republicans had to accept acting like a Democrat to win.

So then you may at your leisure list your accomplishments.

PierreLegrand on July 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM

PierreLegrand on July 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM

’twasn’t me.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2008

Quoted
For
Truth

or, QFT.

Spot on, dude.

Krydor on July 31, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Roger Waters on July 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Um, do you have anything substantive to say, or is your intellect so limited you can only spew insults?

reine.de.tout on July 31, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Huckabee? Hell no!!!

Winebabe on July 31, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Come on Allah, you know Huckabee isn’t the most articulate conservative… He would need to be a conservative first! Fred! is our best bet as far as being articulate and conservative.

John_Locke on August 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM

I see Jindal as the hope of the future of the Republican Party. He’s the perfect choice.

Connie on August 1, 2008 at 12:03 AM

think I literally hate Huckabee.

davenp35 on July 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM

You may be in good company as Jesus may well feel the same way.

MB4 on July 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

anyone who would speculate what Jesus “feels” doesn’t probably think highly of Jesus. I’m guessing Davenp35 didn’t have this in mind.

Topsecretk9 on August 1, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Fred! is our best bet as far as being articulate and conservative.

John_Locke on August 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM

You want to know what would be absolutely fantastic? Fred introducing Jindal. Handing the keys to the next generation.

Connie on August 1, 2008 at 12:41 AM