Obama on the Britney ad: “You need to ask John McCain what he’s for, not just what he’s against”; Update: Another weak Obama rebuttal ad

posted at 6:43 pm on July 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Breitbart. Consider this a complement to former McCain aide John Weaver unloading on him this afternoon for the campaign’s descent into goofiness:

The ad’s premise, he said, is “childish.”

“John’s been a celebrity ever since he was shot down,” Weaver said. “Whatever that means. And I recall Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush going overseas and all those waving American flags.”

Weaver remains in contact with senior McCain strategists and, for a while early this year, regularly talked to McCain.

The strategy of driving up Obama’s negatives “reduces McCain on the stage,” Weaver said.

“For McCain to win in such troubled times, he needs to begin telling the American people how he intends to lead us. That McCain exists. He can inspire the country to greatness.”

He added: “There is legitimate mockery of a political campaign now, and it isn’t at Obama’s. For McCain’s sake, this tomfoolery needs to stop.”

Ramesh Ponnuru agrees, as do I, but with the caveat that today’s ad was actually the one effective thing they’ve done lately. (CNN notes that Obama himself — back before he’d even been elected senator — once compared his overexposure to Paris Hilton’s.) The problem is that it follows a line of spots that were either stupid, dishonest, or borderline incoherent; that’s why some GOP analysts are worried about Maverick’s negative turn lately. It’s not that attacks are bad per se, it’s that McCain has a solid brand of his own that he’s neglecting or even devaluing by hitting Obama in such petty ways. Which is strange, given that his very first ads of the general campaign were the most glaringly brand-oriented clips any candidate’s run.

Presumably he’s doing all of this now, during the summer when attention spans are lower, in preparation for a return to brand-building after the convention. Per tonight’s new CNN poll, there’s no evidence (yet) that it’s hurt him. But note: “There is some danger for McCain in making these charges. Forty percent say he is attacking Obama unfairly, while only 22 percent say Obama is unfairly attacking McCain.”

Update: Remember what I said last night about the feebleness of Obama’s ad team? Feast your eyes on what they came up with as a reply to McCain’s now nationally famous Britney ad.

Comments

Everyone sing Koombaya! Seriously, McCain’s not going to win by out-inspiring Obama. If he’s going to win, it’s going to be by painting Obama as an inexperienced empty suit with a far-left agenda.

amerpundit on July 30, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Hmmm…the Dems have “for” nothing for years. All they’ve done is deride Bush as a failure & the Republicans for their “culture of corruption”.

jgapinoy on July 30, 2008 at 6:50 PM

amerpundit on July 30, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Yes, all McCain has to do is tell the truth about Barry.

That’ll scare the HELL out of middle America.

omnipotent on July 30, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Did BHO follow this by detailing, for the first time and without contradicting himself, what he’s for?

Didn’t think so. The Germans evidently know what he’s for (as per the ‘symbol’ quote and extended context) so I guess that’s good enough. :sigh:

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Obama responds to McCain’s disappointing attack ad with…an attack ad. This is the second time he’s used a picture of McCain with Bush by my count, and he already attacked McCain on energy.

He wants to reduce our dependence on foreign oil? By opposing domestic drilling?

amerpundit on July 30, 2008 at 6:53 PM

McCain’s ad is now over 260,000 views.

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 6:54 PM

I don’t know about “weak.”

Obama’s ad makes Fudge Haus McCain look like Old Man Potter.

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 6:55 PM

McCain is for illegal aliens.

He is a supporter of global warming junk science.

He is for reaching across the aisle to the opposition (in this case more of a detriment)

He supports curtailing political speech.

He’s got a problem with capitalism (doesn’t like ‘Big Oil’)

He Hearts the Goracle

He supports hamstringing the economy (what do you think ‘Cap and Trade’ is?)

His biggest plus is he doesn’t think of himself as “The way, the Truth and the Light”

McCain can also find his way to a military hospital to say “Hi” as well.

“Nose Plugs, Harch?”

catmman on July 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Obama tried to create an ad telling what he was “for” but his team just couldn’t make running away from Iraq like a scared little girl look right.

Cicero43 on July 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Obama’s ad makes Fudge Haus McCain look like Old Man Potter.

Maybe you should take some of your beloved candidate’s advice and tell us what your for and not what your against.

This come from a political Party whose whole claim to fame right now is “We are not George W. Bush.” And now that the Democrats have power in Congress, can someone please tell me a single thing they have done?

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:01 PM

I like the picture of McCain with Bush and the use of the word “old” while saying McCain is attacking him.

If I were McCain, I’d do an about face right now and remind everyone that I’d been trying to get Obama into townhall meetings, but Obama refuses. I’d remind everyone that it is Obama trying to keep away from substantive debate.

MayBee on July 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Juvenile? I strongly disagree.

Care to back that up, Allah? Juvenile means something specific. If you mean to say the ad is just not effective, then say so.

The fact that Obama is more focused on his own celebrity than the issues resonates with real people, who sort of resent the fact that Obama isn’t so much asking for our votes rather than expecting them.

The pump add that you labeled as “stupid” is I think the perfect message with a killer tag line, “Don’t hope for more energy; vote for it.” McCain should put that on bumper stickers and get that out there. It will win him the election.

Nessuno on July 30, 2008 at 7:04 PM

MayBee on July 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Never mind the fact that Obama came out and attacked McCain on energy long before these ads.

amerpundit on July 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Ramesh Ponnuru agrees

Ponnuru’s hardly an objective critic. The ads (with the exception of the German techno one) are actually pretty good, as evidenced by Obama’s quick yet ineffective “rebuttals.” The “Britney” ad spent the bulk of its time dealing with energy exploration and taxes, positions that McCain’s been fairly clear on, if not 100% with many conservative activists. Obama’s trying to change the subject (understandably), and you and Ponnuru are somehow buying into his spin.

Big S on July 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Sure…………

Democrats Vote for Vacation, Ignore Gas Price Relief

……… how about that for a campaign ad, John?

Seven Percent Solution on July 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM

And Obama is attacking McCain today, with his “They are going to tell you I’m scary. That I don’t look like other Presidential candidates. That I’m risky”

He’s accusing McCain of trading in racism. That is an attack of the worst sort. Is he getting called on it?

MayBee on July 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Did I not say, both here and in the earlier post, that I thought the Britney ad was effective? It’s his other ads that have been lame.

Allahpundit on July 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Hussein O.=Shah of Meltdown

saved on July 30, 2008 at 7:14 PM

We’re talking about campaign ads, terry.

Flip-Flopper Emeritus.

And it sure doesn’t help to have the McCain press corp pointing out McCain’s ads are lies.

I see a Bob Dole like showing for McCain this November.

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM

I agree… McCain has a nuclear weapon there. I can’t understand why he doesn’t beat Obama into a pulp with it.

DaveS on July 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM

So, let me see if I understand this, Obama’s answer to what he is for consists of:

1) a $1000 middle class tax cut (though the definition of middle class keeps changing) – and he seemed to have left out the big tax hikes he’s more for than the illusory tax cut. … details …

2) he will take on big oil. Is “take on” some policy recommendation?

3) develop alternative fuels (I’m not sure even 8-10 years is enough for that).

4) breaks the grip of foreign oil (no sense of how, unless one believes that we won’t be using any oil while he’s working on those alternative fuels)

Even lefties will be befuddled by this – except that they’ll love that overarching “take on oil companies”.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Fine. How about as a Obama supporter you try to represent your candidate well and his ultra clean campaign by not attacking McCain’s age every chance you get?

Deal?

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM

MayBee on July 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

I think that could be a good move.

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Different audiences, Allah, different audiences.

For the first time, I think, Drudge liked a McCain ad enough to promote it.

Personally, I like this one better:

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Time to pounce on this, if needed, is after the conventions.

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Ah… no, they don’t.

Real American’s are hardly paying attention right now. And if they were, they really don’t care about this.

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Can we dissect this ad, and say that Obama calls McCain “old” and “failed” ?

lorien1973 on July 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

I think it’s McCain’s sanity that Obama’s attacking, not his age, terry.

Every time McCain opens his mouth, he casts doubt upon it.

Hiring a bunch ov Rove rejects to run his campaign didn’t help either…

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Actually, his message is alot simpler than that. And is emblasened on the top of every web page at his site: “I’m asking you to believe”

He wants people to have faith, not to think, just believe.

It is a religion, or very religous like.

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Watch and learn, grasshopper.

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Can we dissect this ad, and say that Obama calls McCain “old” and “failed” ?

lorien1973 on July 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

The ad begins “He’s practicing the politics of the past….”

Hence, John McCain is old and is the past.

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Considering what Obama stands for — reverse racism, lying, inexperience, far-left ideology, defeat at the hands of our enemies, arrogance, one-worldism, a new kind of elitism and dealing with traitors for starters — I think any candidate who clearly doesn’t share his mindset is preferable.

And I believe reminding the masses that their Messiah has feet of clay — red clay, to boot — is probably a good idea right now.

If McCain were to proclaim that he stands for American and honor — which he does — would send Osama Obama and his disciples into a frenzy.

Plenty of time for that when the two meet in a debate. If Obama doesn’t weasel out of the debates.

MrScribbler on July 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM

I think it’s McCain’s sanity that Obama’s attacking, not his age, terry.

Every time McCain opens his mouth, he casts doubt upon it.

Hiring a bunch ov Rove rejects to run his campaign didn’t help either…

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

I again I was talking about you and you calling him old. In your very first comment in this thread you called him, “Old Man Potter.” Are you going to tell me you haven’t been attacking McCain based on his age>

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

If McCain was Obama’s age, terry, he’d just be called …lazy.

Be grateful McCain can use the excuse of being old for his lack of effort…in anything he does.

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

You’re absolutely correct, bnelson. I might be doing more damage by trying to analyze something that should not even be given the benefit of the doubt as to its seriousness. I’m still undecided on this tactical issue, though.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Every time McCain launches a lame attack on Obama, Americans remember McCain had promised to run a clean campaign. alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM

He has run a very clean campaign, sparkymcfunkylunch. So clean that most of us on the right have been wanting him to really take off the gloves. He praises Obama for the advancements he’s made in the academic and political world. He rhetorically hugs San. Fran Nan. and AlGore. He slaps the entire Tenn. RNC for the whole Hussein flap, and then smacks the NC RNC for the Jeremiah Wright issue. McCain has bent over backwards to show that he is going to run a positive campaign. But I know you won’t see it that way because…well…I think we all know why.

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Obama promises the adoring masses with his straw-man “enemy” Big Oil by “taking it on”? What??!!?

Oil has been good to and for our country, as well as for the world, offering cheap energy that has promoted effective producation and delivery of food and fuel. It has raised the standard of living in ways that people cannot even imagine.

Obama offers nothing more than feel-good strokes via platitudes and slogans. There ain’t no meat on that con-man’s bones. His adoring, unthinking masses must confuse words with deeds, and he sorely lacks the latter.

The Rock Star had better check himself into rehab pronto if he thinks that he can tax the productive into poverty via his nebulous rhetoric.

Obama: There is no there there.

onlineanalyst on July 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Ok. I’ll be grateful that instead of calling him a sloth you are tacking cheap shots at his age. This sure is a squeaky clean campaign. It’s so squeaky clean can also see through the not so subtle attempts to make a man seem unqualified to be president because he might be “confused” and “losing his bearings.”

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Obama continues “the failed policies of the past”. Picture Jimmy Carter juxtaposed with long gas lines and even/odd day fillups, hostages taken and incarcerated in Iran because of spineless lack of assertiveness, legislation that hampers energy independence and growth at the expense of vague environmental claims and lawsuits, taxes and double-digit inflation that threatened economic security home ownership for millions, etc.

McCain’s ads could write themselves to demonstrate the contrast of his optimistic vision for America with the clown’s claims to be Lord Bountiful king of the world.

onlineanalyst on July 30, 2008 at 8:05 PM

John Weaver, for years one of John McCain’s closest friends and confidants, has been in exile since his resignation from McCain’s presidential campaign last year. With the exception of an occasional interview, he has, by his own account, bit his tongue as McCain’s campaign has adopted a strategy that Weaver believes “diminishes John McCain.”

With the release today of a McCain television ad blasting Obama for celebrity preening while gas prices rise, and a memo that accuses Obama of putting his own aggrandizement before the country, Weaver said he’s had “enough.”

The ad’s premise, he said, is “childish.

- The Atlantic

MB4 on July 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM

terry,

It’s disingenuous of you to be calling for a clean campaign when it’s the McCain camp that’s been running ads they(and everybody else) know are lies.

McCain chose the gutter.

His mental state is now front and center.

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM

If he’s going to win, it’s going to be by painting point out the self-evident truth that Obama is an inexperienced empty suit with a far-left agenda.

amerpundit on July 30, 2008 at 6:48 PM

A slight edit.

McCain has no need to “paint” Obama as anything. All he has to do is tell the truth about Obama and make sure people are listening.

Professor Blather on July 30, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Now edit the mistakes in my edit … but the point remains: if America understands what Obama is – he will not be elected.

Professor Blather on July 30, 2008 at 8:16 PM

His mental state is now front and center.

I’m really curious do Obama supporters get their talking points from the same place. I just read another blog someone saying basically the same thing just one minute ago. Weird.

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM

that’s why some GOP analysts are worried about Maverick’s negative turn lately

I think that it’s much more a case of his McChildish turn. Some say that as one gets very old one returns to an ever more childlike state. They may be right.

MB4 on July 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Keep feeding the trolls and they keep coming.

Buford Gooch on July 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM

terryannonline on July 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM

I don’t know where Obama supporters get their “talking points”, but I get mine straight from Juan McGoofy himself, he just keeps dropping them in my lap, so to speak that is.

MB4 on July 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM

McCain is for illegal aliens.

He is a supporter of global warming junk science.

He supports curtailing political speech.

He’s got a problem with capitalism (doesn’t like ‘Big Oil’)

He Hearts the Goracle

He supports hamstringing the economy (what do you think ‘Cap and Trade’ is?)

catmman on July 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM

In other words, a near perfect nominee for the kos democrats if they didn’t already have one.

MB4 on July 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Did you catch my comment at 7:52? Did you follow the links and read the stories? Now, I’m no fan of McCain, but he has done a lot to try and run a clean campaign.

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM

I’m still undecided on this tactical issue, though.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 7:50 PM

At this stage in the campaign, you do a number of things, two of which are:

1) Introduce your candidate
2) Sew doubts in your opponent

bnelson44 on July 30, 2008 at 8:40 PM

alphie:

Oh please, Obama does not even know that his state of Illinois borders Kentucky. Or maybe he was just confused when he made that comment. Maybe it is premature senility.

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 8:50 PM

The right bitches that McCain is not dirty enough and the left complains and whines when he goes even a little negative.

There is no pleasing some people.

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM

MB4 and catmann:

McCain is not for illegal aliens, his policy on global warming is nowhere near as scary as the man the Paulbots are rooting for {Obama} and he has no problem with capitalists nor does he heart the Goracle. I know that you and catmann are pissed that your guy did not win the nomination, but it would be nice if the Republican candidate only had to fight the other party, instead of constantly defending himself against people who are supposed to be conservatives.

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM

We don’t give a crap what you look like Barry. That’s your hang-up, not ours. But yes, we do think you’re scary. A man who thinks he can grow our economy and create more jobs by raising taxes on U.S. corporations (which already pay some of the highest tax rates in the world) is extremely scary. A man who wants to engineer his own version of “social justice” by increasing taxes on people who work and produce and invest and save, so that he can “redistribute” their wealth to people who aren’t interested in getting up off their butts — yes, Barry, we think that’s scary too. A man who wants to tear down borders between countries and invite every Third-World criminal who hasn’t already set up residence here in the U.S. to come on in — Barry will not only give you amnesty, he’ll also sign you up for all those new entitlement programs he’s itching to set up (“universal” health care, “free” college tuition, etc.). A man who wants to pay for his cradle-to-grave socialist benefit programs by gutting our military, scrapping our best weapons, and eliminating spending on new weapons development. Yep, Barry, we think that’s scary. Actually, “scary” doesn’t even begin to cover it.

AZCoyote on July 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM

That says a lot about McCain, and none of it’s good.

flenser on July 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Obama and the Media “Bush bad, Bush Bad, Bush, Bush, McCain is Bush’s 3rd Term, Bush is the Devil, Bush, Bush, Bush, McCain is Bush”

Chakra Hammer on July 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM

That’s a lot of lies to pack into one sentence, Terrye.

Link.

“I respect Speaker Pelosi. I think she’s one of the great American success stories,” McCain said during an interview with The Chronicle prior to a fundraiser at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco.

“We talk about (New York Sen.) Hillary Clinton and her inspiration to millions of Americans. Speaker Pelosi has been an inspiration as well” in a role that is “in many ways … more powerful than the president.”

And McCain also had high praise for the 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore and his advocacy on the issue of climate change. McCain recently raised eyebrows in GOP circles by calling “doable” Gore’s suggestion that the country could become entirely energy independent through use of renewable resources within 10 years.

“I agree with his goal,” the Arizona senator said Monday of Gore’s idea. “I may disagree with all the ways of getting there. But I again want to emphasize my respect for the former vice president’s leadership on this issue and his continuous leadership. And I am in no way trying to get into a fight with him.”

You were saying?

flenser on July 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM

The phrase “inspire the country to greatness” is the telling thing here in my opinion. This is Obama’s schtick. Can you just imagine a debate where the two men argue back and forth “Well, I’m more inspiring than you are!” “No, I’m the most inspiring”! Of course, Obama’s been saying it longer so that will probably give him dibs with the moderator. They will finally have to resort to rock, paper, scissors!

jeanie on July 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM

MB4 and catmann:

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Like I told you before, McCain could literally piss on your head and you would think that you were receiving holy communion.

MB4 on July 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM

jeanie on July 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Excellent analysis.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 9:26 PM

MB4:

That is bs and you know it. McCain is more qualified and more conservative than Obama and yet all you do is complain that McCain is not good enough for you. The fact that I would rather see McCain win than Obama does not mean I want anyone to piss on my head, it just means I am not going to bite off my nose to spite my face. Like some people I can think of.

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 9:32 PM

flenser:

McCain is not for illegal aliens. He might not be Tom Tancredo, who got his ass handed to him in the primaries, but he is not for illegal aliens.

However, Obama, the man some conservatives would just as soon see become the president wants to break down those walls, give drivers licenses to illegals and national health care to illegals. He also accuses ICE agents of terrorizing communities.

So it seems to me that if hardliners on immigration really care about this issue they would try to keep Obama out of office. If they care.

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM

McCain is not for illegal aliens.

Terrye on July 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Sorry, Terrye, but he certainly is. I’m probably still going to end up voting for the guy (unless BHO totally self-destructs by the convention), but he panders more to illegals than he ever did to me.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Why is Obama allowed to use the word “old” in ads targeting McCain?

I thought Obama was above negative politics based on how a person looks.

He’s going to get a free pass on it, too, from the liberal media. Shame on him.

daryl_herbert on July 30, 2008 at 9:55 PM

The news just reported someone in O’Bama’s camp said”

“He(McCain)has been a celebrity since he was shot down

Note that implies the celeb treatment began, not with his release and triumphant return home a hero, but at check-in to the Hanoi Hilton!

Bob Mc on July 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Not from Barry’s camp apparently, but a low blow if that’s what he meant:

John Weaver, for years one of John McCain’s closest friends and confidants, has been in exile since his resignation from McCain’s presidential campaign last year. ><

“John’s been a celebrity ever since he was shot down,” Weaver said

Bob Mc on July 30, 2008 at 10:15 PM

You need to ask the Child Emperor Romulus Augustus what the fruck he’s for, aside from all the empty rhetoric about “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for”.

Entelechy on July 31, 2008 at 1:34 AM

It doesn’t really matter what Obama says or does as long as McNumbnuts goes around praising Gore and Pelosi the Republicans have a candidate that is stuck on stupid!

sabbott on July 31, 2008 at 7:28 AM

it’s that McCain has a solid brand of his own that he’s neglecting

So mccain should sit back and run a campaign like Bush 1 ran against clinton? Yep, that will be effective. While the liberal media machine does all the work and we get pres barry in a landslide. Right.

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2008 at 7:56 AM

If McCain was Obama’s age, terry, he’d just be called …lazy.

alphie on July 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

But, of course, alphie has nothing to do with the Obama campaign, officially.

Obama posturing as being above attacks is one of the most cynical ploys I’ve ever seen. His campaign is vicious, devious, and has been attacking nonstop for months. And alphie knows it, and approves.

I don’t think McCain will be a great President, but I do think he’ll at least be an honest one. Obama will be an unimaginable nightmare, after whose tenure our country will be a second-rate, neo-socialist nation under the thumb of UN bureaucrats — one of which will probably be Barack Obama.

(Unrelated to this topic, please visit my political/cultural blog, “Plumb Bob Blog: Squaring the Culture.” Thanks.)

philwynk on July 31, 2008 at 8:48 AM

It seems so many never got the message or point of the ad with the Paris Hilton comparison, so let me try to explain. Paris is famous for her TV show and Sex video. So what exactly is Sen. Obama is famous for besides just running for President? What has he done that deserves 10 times the amount of media coverage that Paris gets? I have an idea for you, how about listing Paris Hilton and Sen Obama accomplishments side by side and see how they compare.

JeffinSac on July 31, 2008 at 8:52 AM

JeffinSac on July 31, 2008 at 8:52 AM

I’ve always said Obama is the Paris Hilton of politics. He’s famous for being famous.

abcurtis on July 31, 2008 at 10:27 AM