Caught on film: Yeshiva students pull Obama’s prayer note from the wall

posted at 3:25 pm on July 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Believe it or not, even though the culprit has already been identified as a yeshiva student and even though Carl at Israel Matzav identifies these guys as yeshiva students, there are still dark anti-Obama theories floating around suggesting that they’re plants, hired by the campaign as a false flag op to dig the note out and hand it off to the media. Which makes an already stupid accusation miraculously even stupider: Imagine the thought process that would lead an otherwise rational campaign team to conspire on publicizing a prayer, when revelation of the conspiracy would be a thousand times more costly to them than any benefit they’d get from the publication. Proponents of this crap are one short hop away from Trutherism at this point. Stick with Tapped’s analysis, which supplies a useful comparison with Pope John Paul II’s prayer in 2000.

Comments

why was obamamessiah pray written on a zig zag ?

Mojack420 on July 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Oh, I’ve totally lost interest in this story. The prayer won’t come true, regardless of who did what with what.

mjk on July 30, 2008 at 3:33 PM

OOOPPPSSS…there it is!

1GooDDaDDy on July 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Turn’s out Obama put a cork in the wall. He thought he was in Holland.

Cicero43 on July 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I’m generally confused about what I’m watching. Were all those guys trying to find Obama’s prayer or was it just the kid at the end? And…um…did anyone else see a really small small guy run across the screen or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

All this hype about his stupid note, yet nobody cares for him hanging posters on the Kotel plaza. If anybody else tried that stunt they would be arrested on spot.

Aristotle on July 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Why’d he write a note to himself?

Alden Pyle on July 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

But, but, what about the guy praying on the grassy knoll?

/conspiracy nut off

ReubenJCogburn on July 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Sorry Allah, that film didn’t prove anything at all. It ‘purports’ to show the young man taking BHO’s prayer, but we never saw it, had no way to be sure what note he removed, so wtf? I guess I am a ‘truther’ of sorts coz i don’t see anyway to prove if or if not it was all a huge publicity stunt. Doesn’t really matter though, it was just a generic prayer anyway and no matter what the release says it said he would never get my vote. i am curious though as to the point you are trying to make here?

dustoffmom on July 30, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I knew it!!

It was the JOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

misterpeasea on July 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Don’t care how much BO prays for my vote – no way, no how.

IrishEyes on July 30, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Disgusting. Khatikhat mefager!

AlexB on July 30, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Why’d he write a note to himself?

Alden Pyle on July 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Todo list?

shick on July 30, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Why’d he write a note to himself?

Alden Pyle on July 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

I knew it!!

It was the JOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

misterpeasea on July 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM

ROFLMAO!

TheBigOldDog on July 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

I aw it 1t 0.56. . It’s a Jewish Leprechaun in black running of with the note of gold!

TheBigOldDog on July 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Whatever happened looks totally planned.

TheBigOldDog on July 30, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Here’s the really weird part for the conspiracy minded:

When you go to the Western Wall and put your prayer in, there are literally HUNDREDS of little pieces of paper, all folded up and stuffed in every conceivable corner. I put my prayers in there and if I tried, I wouldn’t have been able to find it even half a minute later.

So how did this Yeshiva kid find the prayer? Was there a big sign that said “Obama’s prayer here?” Was it marked with a big “O”? What????

mjk on July 30, 2008 at 4:25 PM

TheBigOldDog on July 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Ha!

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Weight of Glory on July 30, 2008 at 4:28 PM

You have no idea how hard I laughed when I saw it.

TheBigOldDog on July 30, 2008 at 4:30 PM

I’m just inclined to think that the prayer was probably written or revised by Obama and some of his staff, with a view to the prayer’s probably becoming public by some means. The hotel stationery is meant to convey the authenticity of the document, and the inoffensive, boilerplate contents sound like they were cobbled together in committee.

Kralizec on July 30, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Todo list?

shick on July 30, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Note to self: Free the Israelites.

Cicero43 on July 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

This literally makes me sick.

- The Cat

MirCat on July 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Note to self: Free the Israelites.

Heh. He’s about 60 years too late for that one.

That’s my thought too. Which makes them extremely uninformed about the tradition of leaving prayers at the Western Wall. Which really doesn’t surprise me.

mjk on July 30, 2008 at 4:53 PM

cobbled together in committee.
Kralizec on July 30, 2008 at 4:32 PM

think anyone who argues contrary to you on that is certainly deeeeep in the Obama scuba tank of love.

saus on July 30, 2008 at 4:54 PM

As I said, I’m sure everyone saw this coming.

It’s really interesting, because I wouldn’t have known what an outrage it would be to report the contents of the note. It’s obviously a cultural thing. At Shinto Shrines, people hang plaques with hand written prayers and wishes written on them and it is perfectly acceptable to read them.
I did see one once that said “I want to rule the world” and it just cracked me up. I don’t think Obama’s ever been to Japan, though.

MayBee on July 30, 2008 at 5:01 PM

From the video info section:

Seconds after Obama left the stones, some of his entourage stepped up to the wall (seen dressed in suits) while young men began gathering notes in their hands in what appeared to be the search for Obama’s freshly placed personal note. He is joined by others who unwrap notes and read them.

Karmi on July 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

“Mr Ahmadinejad, tear down this wall!!!!”

Hening on July 30, 2008 at 5:41 PM

“…when revelation of the conspiracy would be a thousand times more costly to them than any benefit they’d get from the publication.”

Huh? The guy has corrupt, racist, socialist and terrorist associations up the wazoo; he lies, he gaffes, he flip-flops, he’s arrogant; he refuses to admit he was completely wrong on everything with regards to the war effort; he gives the impression that he thinks he is the messiah of America and the world… and none of that has cost him, as he still leads by 9 points on the last poll.

Any other politician would have been run out of politics altogether with even a few of those things. Nothing hurts this guy among his supporters and even if there were something bad, his loyal orgasmic supporters in the mass media would simply cover for him.

I don’t see how anything could cost Obama at all. What’s more, he knows it too. And his campaign knows it. Thus, they all know they can conspire to do anything – even this situation with the prayer.

This is not to say that they did setup this situation with the prayer. However, I find it difficult to believe that people really think there is anything that would hurt Obama. He is Hopenchange and nothing he says nor does matters to those who support him – nor to ‘undecideds’ who haven’t been paying attention to all the previous criticisms of him and are simply wowed by his messianic speeches and rhetoric.

Michael in MI on July 30, 2008 at 5:47 PM

What did he stick in the wall? A copy of his birth certificate, with a prayer, please add seal:) Can I get a witness, oh sorry that’s different wailing….

Dr Evil on July 30, 2008 at 6:33 PM

What does this video prove?

Obviously they clear the wall of prayer papers to make room for new ones.

This looks to be the daily cleanup and defrag to make room for the new day.

Guess they take them somewhere and either archive or respectfully dispose of them.

As pointed out before to pick the Obama one out of the wall to publish would require somebody awful close to Obama’s position to watch where he put it and the Secret Service would have been looking at them close to follow their actions.

CommentGuy on July 30, 2008 at 10:27 PM

hmmm, interesting. The video is “NO LONGER AVAILABLE”

jdsmith0021 on July 31, 2008 at 9:48 AM