New McCain ad: The media’s got a crush on Obama; Update: The Daily Show on “Barack O’Boner”

posted at 12:18 pm on July 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

If the soundtrack doesn’t put you in the mood, no worries — there’s an alternate version at the campaign website. Funny and shrewd in how it uses the press to endear McCain to the base, but this makes two ads in two days touching on Obama’s popularity. The left smells jealousy, and in this case it’s no wonder: Poor Maverick’s been jilted by his true love in favor of a younger man. Don’t worry, John, they’ll come back to you! (Well, no, they won’t.)

Update: Stewart and crew pile on.

Comments

If McCain wins the election will the MSM notice?

elduende on July 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Better believe they’ll notice – I can see the headlines now:

“America still holding on to racist past” or “America not ready” or “Inequality still alive in America”

Rick on July 22, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Is Tucker Carlson gay?

HotAirExpert on July 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM

“Words mean things”

1GooDDaDDy on July 22, 2008 at 3:02 PM

The comments at youtube are priceless!

abinitioadinfinitum on July 22, 2008 at 3:18 PM

We already know a few around here who’ve got an agenda, no matter what you’ll say.

Reminder, the topic is how much the media is in the pants of Obama. It’s really a fun topic. Focus on it.

Entelechy on July 22, 2008 at 3:32 PM

BROC OBAMA

abinitioadinfinitum on July 22, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I think it is time someone went after the press. Their numbers suck, people don’t like or trust them and pointing out that they are doing their best to cram Obama down our throats because they have a hard on for the man is not a bad idea.

I realize that the Paulbots and the lefties want Obama to win, for different reasons of course, but the rest of us might prefer McCain.

Terrye on July 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM

The MSM is so sure of Obama’s win, that a loss could play out like the award-ceremony scene in Zoolander:

(scroll to about 1:00)

Damn, I love that movie!

Anyway, the main difference with reality is that our society is so youth-centered that we expect the young upstart to “upset” the seasoned veteran every time.

Mephistefales on July 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Thank you, Jon Stewart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Katie Couric makes out w/ BO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HotAirJosef on July 22, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Someone tell that idiot Chris Matthews that Huckleberry Finn has been banned from school reading lists for years because of the “N” word.

UnEasyRider on July 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM

GO STEWART! He is on a roll.
Let’s see how much more he will cite in his show of this love affair with Obama.
I want to see McCain attack Obama and the media more often.

jencab on July 22, 2008 at 4:32 PM

If McCain wins the election, will Couric wear black from then through inauguration day?

oakpack on July 22, 2008 at 5:30 PM

So far the McCain campaign looks like Dole redux. Maybe a contest to find out what pharmaceutical product he’ll endorse after the blowout results are in would be in order.

Will the networks cover the Republican convention? After all they are running up big bills for the Eurobama three ring circus and medicine show as well as the two site Dhimmicrat coronation so the economy of putting the GOP on for 10 minutes late night cable coverage could ease their financial situation.

Annar on July 22, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Uh, guys, about Katie…apparently the spark has gone out of her romance with Obama:

Katie Couric: Closet PUMA? – Tuesday, July 22, 2008 @ 4:35:25 PM

I always thought Katie was pro-Hillary, but never thought she was anti-Obama. Look at how she gets annoyed at his prevarications over the surge in Iraq:
Couric: But talking microcosmically, did the surge, the addition of 30,000 additional troops … help the situation in Iraq?
Obama: Katie, as … you’ve asked me three different times, and I have said repeatedly that there is no doubt that our troops helped to reduce violence. There’s no doubt.
Couric: But yet you’re saying … given what you know now, you still wouldn’t support it … so I’m just trying to understand this.
Obama: Because … it’s pretty straightforward. By us putting $10 billion to $12 billion a month, $200 billion, that’s money that could have gone into Afghanistan. Those additional troops could have gone into Afghanistan. That money also could have been used to shore up a declining economic situation in the United States. That money could have been applied to having a serious energy security plan so that we were reducing our demand on oil, which is helping to fund the insurgents in many countries. So those are all factors that would be taken into consideration in my decision– to deal with a specific tactic or strategy inside of Iraq.
Couric: And I really don’t mean to belabor this, Senator, because I’m really, I’m trying … to figure out your position. Do you think the level of security in Iraq …
Obama: Yes.
Couric … would exist today without the surge?
Obama: Katie, I have no idea what would have happened had we applied my approach, which was to put more pressure on the Iraqis to arrive at a political reconciliation. So this is all hypotheticals. What I can say is that there’s no doubt that our U.S. troops have contributed to a reduction of violence in Iraq. I said that– not just today, not just yesterday, but I’ve said that– previously. What that doesn’t change is that we’ve got to have a different strategic approach if we’re going to make America as safe as possible.

HT: Amspec blog.

Wethal on July 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM

I liked the ad, needs to be complimented by one showing McCain’s strengths against Obama’s weaknesses.
Daily Show clip was great as well, nice to see Ed Helms back.

thisaintnopicnic on July 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Were those supposed to be jokes? I thought that they were documentary videos.

Physics Geek on July 22, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Preachin’ to the choir. Like only those that read the blogs get the leg thing at the end.

– The Cat

MirCat on July 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM

The Daily Show clip was hilarious!

HawaiiLwyr on July 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM

And this is even after Obama’s uh, uh, uh interview. Very strange. Because the persona I’ve seen Barack display reminds me of the classic Shelley’s poem (with apologies to Shelley):

“My name is Uhzymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my works. Ye Mighty, and despair!”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Gramscian Marxist Obama won’t be happy until he’s God-Emperor of Dune.

ebrown2 on July 23, 2008 at 9:39 AM