Freedom’s Watch ad: Twiddling Thumbs

posted at 2:15 pm on July 14, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Freedom’s Watch timed the release of their new ad well.  They can catch the tailwind created by George Bush’s lifting of the executive order banning off-shore drilling and remind people where obstructionism really exists opposing increased domestic production.  They didn’t get caught twiddling their thumbs:

Along with the Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less effort at American Solutions, the grassroots anger at Congressional inaction appears to have made some Democrats very nervous. Will they continue to argue for higher prices as a policy goal, or will voter anger assert itself? Keep up the pressure …

Comments

When Reid is the democratic Senate Majority Leader, what does that say about his followers. People letting a talking cadaver lead them have to be mentally challenged.

volsense on July 14, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Homer is smarter than San Fran Nan and Searchless from Searchlight combined.

omnipotent on July 14, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Sweet. Run it now. Everywhere. Especially in Michigan.

I went back to my hometown in MI this weekend. It is really bad there, folks.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM

I wonder what Matt Groening, Al Gore bud and greenie extrodinaire thinks about this ad ;-)

bspoogeferd on July 14, 2008 at 2:23 PM

This is all part of the Democrat strategy of rationing freedom. Get used to it!

stonemeister on July 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love it just love it . so by November will congress approval ratting drop under 5%?

Mojack420 on July 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Nice!

CP on July 14, 2008 at 2:33 PM

That is why Republicans should not lose a lot of seats this November. We could even win the majority of races if Republicans actually get their head out of their behind.

BroncosRock on July 14, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I’m still waiting on the ‘older whiney sounding guy’ spoof saying ‘Harry Reid makes us sick.’

saus on July 14, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I.

LOVE.

THESE.

PEOPLE!!

CurtZHP on July 14, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Homer Simpson is by far the best commentator of the bunch in that commercial. :)

irishspy on July 14, 2008 at 3:06 PM

I’m John McCain and I distance myself from these racist attacks against my good friends on the other side of the aisle that I have crossed on many an occasion to work with on behalf of the American people. I hereby issue orders from my campaign that these attacks stop immediately!

sabbott on July 14, 2008 at 3:12 PM

John McCain – wrong man for the time!

The Dems should get crushed this year over energy alone. But, alas we have Juan representing us this year.

DerKrieger on July 14, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I would run this ad in every major city and state in the country, with special emphasis on San Francisco and Las Vegas, where the residents can see their favorite liberals Pelosi and Reid in action. Or in this case, INACTION! As in NOT DOING DIDDLY-SQUAT!

pilamaye on July 14, 2008 at 3:20 PM

I would have added the 06 campaign promises form the donks on lowering prices of oil and gasoline.

jukin on July 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Who needs Obama? We got all the change we can stand when the Dems took control of both houses of Congress.

flipflop on July 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Good ad, but I hope every ad in the future emphasizes the point that it is the Democrats who have been in charge of Congress for the last two years, and unless we want more of the same crap we’ve been getting, we need to vote every one of them out of Congress in 2008.

AZCoyote on July 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM

sabbott on July 14, 2008 at 3:12 PM
And there’s a climate crisis that we need to solve and I’m appointing ALGORE to be my energy secretary!

flytier on July 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Talking cadaver is so right on!!!!!!!!!! I watched this idiot live right before I had to go back to work, and thought, “This moron just lost the commiecrat party a lot of votes…” He’ll still be talking about conservation and research into renewables as he’s being replaced in the senate by a Republican…If Boxer and Pelosi bite the bullet it’ll make my year…Talking Cadaver-classic….

adamsmith on July 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Democrats.

A Gnu Direction.

fogw on July 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Now the “by the time we get that first drop of oil” excuse has reached 14 years. By the time we get to the election they’ll be claiming there’s no such thing as oil underground.

oakpack on July 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM

This ad is awful. There’s too much information being crammed into 54 seconds.

gabriel sutherland on July 14, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Ah, Democrats.

D’oh!

Kimmer on July 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM

A Democrat Homer Simpson:

Mmmm, Power… D’oh!

steadyrock on July 14, 2008 at 4:56 PM

I can not say this more simply – I’m angry. I intend to work over the next several months to ensure that the Americans that I know understand that it is the fault of Democrats that we have remained unable to tap the resources of our nation and take control of this potentially desperate situation.

This is not a new issue, but it gets larger every day. Today, I ate lunch in a near empty restaurant. The waitress told me that business has been way down since gas went up. This is going to ripple through our economy like a tsunami.

Wise Golden on July 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Leaders like Reid amnd Pelosi have got to go. It is time to flush the incumbents from office. With a rating of 9%, how can anyone not demand a change and the leadership in Congress is the best place to start. Higher taxes and judicial appointments who will override the wishes of the American people are not the change we need. McCain is not the first choice, he is the only choice.

volsense on July 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I am so sick of these crap weasels in Congress. Either they’re completely incompetent or they’re purposefully doing this to the country. They must go!

jdawg on July 14, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Too cute by half.

Get to the point, hammer it clearly, knock off the cartoon crap. Half of the public watching that will see Nancy promising to reduce prices, and think, “ooh, I’d better vote for her/them.”

=====

When Dems took control, gas was $X per gallon.

Today, its over $4 per gallon – up over Y%.

And the Dems are doing everything they can to make sure the price keeps going up.

If you want higher gas prices, vote Democrat.

If you don’t, vote Republican.

Choose wisely – voting mistakes can be costly.

=====

Period, done.

Midas on July 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM

I know my senators would like to lift the moratorium that is preventing us from mining oil shale in Eastern Utah and Western Colorado. Oil can be produced for about $50 per barrel and the jobs and economic development would be all American instead of Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and the Royal Family.

We have been brainwashed by our media and the environmentaloids. They are frightening our children with their dire scenarios, and if we don’t put a stop to this nonsense, there really won’t be a future for our kids.

flataffect on July 14, 2008 at 10:08 PM

The future of these United States is bright, we have all the resources we need, we have the technology, we have the ingenuity, we have the workers…

but then we have the anti-American Democrats!
Vote the bums out for a better future!
Drill here, drill now, pay less!

dhunter on July 14, 2008 at 10:55 PM