Obama gets attacked on race by … Jesse Jackson?

posted at 7:31 pm on July 9, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama has another data point for his contention that he will get attacked on the basis of race, but as with Ralph Nader, his antagonist comes from the Left.  An open mike has Jesse Jackson on the defensive, apologizing for spontaneous comments deriding Barack Obama and the tone he takes when talking to black voters, especially in churches.  Jackson apparently offered such an obscene comment that no one wants to even paraphrase it for the record:

BLITZER:  Reverend Jackson, why did you say these things?  Because it’s so crude, we can’t even repeat it on the air right now, what you said on this open mike. What was going through your mind?

JACKSON:  Well, when I was asked about it, there was already some kind of (INAUDIBLE) reaction.  The appeal in black America is record levels of unemployment, home foreclosure crisis, records of murders, and all kind of reprehensible actions for black America.  A million blacks are in jail even as we talk today and 900,000 young black men.  So we have some real serious issues, and not just moral issues –

BLITZER:  Well then let me interrupt, Reverend Jackson.

JACKSON:  — Structural inequality.

BLITZER:  Reverend Jackson, are you suggesting that Senator Obama isn’t concerned about these issues?  Is that what you are saying?

JACKSON:  Not — by any means (ph).  He has dealt with it more effectively than anyone else has.  Each time he gives one of these message at a black church, it appears to be targeted and the media takes it and runs with it as a solution to a structural crisis — you know — his moral behavior.

Jackson may have done Obama a bit of a favor.  Mainstream America has long distrusted Jackson, and anything that puts distance between him and Obama can only help support Obama’s status as a member of the new generation of black politicians.  He didn’t do himself any favors by attacking Obama; it will underscore his identification as a mostly discredited has-been.

Let’s not forget that Jackson attacked Obama before on race — in terms very similar to that of Nader.  Last September, Jackson made headlines for accusing Obama of “acting like he’s white”.  That came in response to Obama’s seeming disinterest in Jackson’s race-baiting cause du jour, the Jena 6.  Apparently, Jesse still has that same criticism.

So what exactly did Jesse say this time?  Rumor has it that he made a castration reference, which would have caused a wildfire if it came from anyone else.  Tune in to Hannity & Colmes tonight, where they will play the tape — with the appropriate redactions, of course.  Maybe by that time, the media will have thoroughly researched their Roget’s Thesauruses for appropriate euphimisms.  (via Michelle)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

We Conservatives tend to not get too excited by words as the libs do.
I really don’t think the poster intended it in the literal sense; however, probably not the best choice.

carbon_footprint on July 9, 2008 at 11:46 PM

The way it was phrased was very wrong. Mentioning shot and a Presidential candidate in the same sentence is questionable.

Am I wrong?

AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

I always knew this campaign was gona devolve into some serious nut-cuttin’.

Just didn’t think it would be The Right Reverend Jackson starting it. On his own party’s candidate at that!

soundingboard on July 9, 2008 at 11:58 PM

AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Why don’t you or your father do it? Do you notice how the thread has staggered to a halt since you started posting on it?

a capella on July 9, 2008 at 11:59 PM

AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM

a capella on July 9, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Why don’t we do what?

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Am I wrong?

AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

He didn’t mention them in the same sentence so much as he said “he should be shot”. It may just be a manner of speech, but it’s stupid in this context.

You are right, from my view. Quit it, jdun.

Jaibones on July 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM

In the words of General Anthony McAuliffe at the battle of Bastogne, Nuts.

Johan Klaus on July 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Is he nuts or something.

Johan Klaus on July 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Has anyone checked Dkos or DU to see how many people are saying FOXNews aletered the audio?

SouthernGent on July 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

“And remember, b!tches back in 45 minutes, or Milt cuts your balls off!”

Bachelor Party

omnipotent on July 9, 2008 at 7:44 PM

I just bet my balls… and shook on it.

Ed Morrissey on July 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Terrible movie that I will always watch. Hanks at his riffing best (on the heels of Bosom Buddies)
Best movie.line.ever.
“I hope you die, you bastard!”

juanito on July 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Jessie, ping-pong balls are very light. Nothing there, there…

Entelechy on July 10, 2008 at 1:19 AM

SouthernGent on July 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

I did a quick check at Dkos and they seem to be convinced that this will help Obama. Reasoning seems to be that rejection by and distance from the old-school “black leaders” will increase Obama’s credibility with the rubes the leftists aim to hoodwink in the general election.

They’re all about the manipulation over there. A bit disconcerting to say the least.

Gilda on July 10, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Jacksonian decojonification!

(dedicated to my e-friends baldilocks and aengus :)

Entelechy on July 10, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Love Child Envy?

Kini on July 10, 2008 at 3:47 AM

I’m not supporting Obama, again it takes one to know one. LOL And a memory hole? I wouldn’t know about such inappropiate talk, coming from you I suppose it’s akin to a glory hole?
AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Ahem… sorry to be inappropriate but “memory hole” refers to a “hole” into which an item disappears from memory, as in when an item one might expect to be reported by the media simply disappears. (help me out, other commenters, if I’m being unclear about this term or you have a better definition).
cs89 on July 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Wow.

Well, no worries cs89; you’re right of course.

And, for AprilOrit’s benefit, since that’s got to be the most, um, creative definition of “memory hole” I’ve ever seen, it’s a reference to George Orwell’s 1984, only there the hole was a literal one in the wall leading down to a furnace, used by government propaganda officials, where the destruction of undesirable evidence took place.

I respectfully suggest that AprilOrit read 1984. Like soon, like twice, seriously. Then she wouldn’t 1) take perfectly respectable cultural references and turn them into something, um, really weird, 2) blame others’ “inappropriateness” for her own unfamiliarity with cultural references, and 3) miss the benefit of the many, many more references in our culture to the concepts found in the novel, such as (only a partial list)

“he loved Big Brother”
Two Minutes’ Hate
Room 101
proles
Newspeak
“Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia”
Ministry of Love
“Ignorance is Strength”
Emmanuel Goldstein
telescreen
thoughtcrime
doublethink
doubleplusungood

If you don’t have time for the novel, at least use Wikipedia in the future, please. But…Wikipedia really doesn’t do these concepts justice, plus it’s an awesome novel; I think you’d enjoy it.

inviolet on July 10, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Daddy isn’t really sure what’s funnier, you having me voting for Obama or you indulging me on adulthood.

And for the record, he doesn’t ahre the same opinion as your brother.

AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 11:14 PM

My congratulations. You are the cleverest poster here. Until tonight, I truly thought you were on the up and up, some amazingly sheltered and naive provincial jewish kid from NYC.

Your use of fictional characters like Daddy and Grandma are amazing. Your Shirley Temple one minute, and then mentioning glory holes in the next–all the while “Daddy” is sitting right beside you “supervising” your internet session.

LMAO!

You are good. No, you are great, and funny, and you had me hook, line and sinker.

Now I wonder who you are. You’re probably one of the clever regulars here having fun and playing out an alternate personality– I would guess somebody like CyberCypher. Is “Daddy” your collie? Or maybe you’re AP having some fun with the regulars.

AprilOrit I love you. Your name probably means something else if you unscramble the letters.

I love your other characters: The gay hairdressers and your sister’s fiance– the upcoming wedding stuff was great! The twins, Mommy campaigning, the catholic cousins–you must be a novelist or screenwriter. Your “family” sounds like Everybody Loves Raymond.

I say it again. April Orit I love you. Without a doubt you are the funniest poster at HA.

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

AprilOrit on July 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

So you think JJ’s comment threatening physical harm to a presidential candidate is ok, but a comment(made in jest) about shooting Mccain if he doesn’t win, isn’t?

He didnt mean it in the literal sense, but with Jesse who knows? He sure made the hand gesture.

All in all, the point to me is..Jesse and Sharpton are the 1st ones out there marching in protest and raising hell, calling “off with their heads” if Imus or anyone else makes a remark about blacks, but Jesse says this and all should be forgiven! They are both hypocrites and racist as far as I can see. Jackson is a so-called Reverend!! He shoudln’t even think it!

Can you imagine if Bill Clinton said this? or Hillary?

becki51758 on July 10, 2008 at 7:10 AM

It was a reference to castration. I heard it played on Fox this morning.
This is a pretty good transcript, seeing as how Jesse talks like he has a mouth full of rocks.

abcurtis on July 10, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Jackson would require Michelle to return them first…

sabbott on July 10, 2008 at 7:55 AM

The story on The Factor had a talk show host claiming that the Rev Jackson is not the spokesman for Black America anymore, since the Rev Sharpton is. Why aren’t Black Americans standing up and distancing themselves from these idiots? Claiming to be the spokesperson of a large block of voters based on their skin tone is racist, plus these two Revs are shake down pimps. Who cares what these con men think or say?

Hening on July 10, 2008 at 7:59 AM

The slogan that should be coined from this?
“Hey Rev., Michelle has already beat you to it!”

carbon_footprint on July 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Is there anything that sustains the influence of Jackson and Sharpton more than FNC? As much as I otherwise support FNC, it gives these two race mongers a platform to broadcast their ignorance on everything from Iran to global warming. It’s disgusting, and it discredits FNC to use buffoons like this for informed opinion in fields about which they know nothing.

petefrt on July 10, 2008 at 8:34 AM

I knew that it was going to be just a matter of time before Jesse Jetstream Jackson, Chicago’s Very Own Loudtown’s Biggest Loudmouth, would do himself in with his own big fat overblown ego!

It is even nicer to see him do it oh so magnificently, almost majestically……on Bill O’Reilly’s show….watched by millions!

pilamaye on July 10, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Jackson would require Michelle to return them first…

sabbott on July 10, 2008 at 7:55 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Alden Pyle on July 10, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Jackson would require Michelle to return them first…

sabbott on July 10, 2008 at 7:55 AM

You beat me to it!

carbon_footprint on July 10, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Funny that Jesse Jackson’s son has thrown his dad under the Obama bus!

Did Obama promise him a position in his cabinet?

becki51758 on July 10, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Is “Daddy” your collie? Or maybe you’re AP having some fun with the regulars.

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Dad, I always thought she was a lefty troll. This new “I’m an automatic GOP vote” persona is disorienting. I’m going to call her Sybill.

Jaibones on July 10, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Hening on July 10, 2008 at 7:59 AM

They can’t distance themselves. They are Black America. Aside from the very few Black conservatives and a Bill Cosby here and there, the Revs are representative of Black America today. They are simply the “go to” watered down versions of Rev Wright.

Until they know for sure Obama is a risk to their “victimology empire”. Jackson does want to cut his cojones off.

The indoctrination of Black America over the last 50 years is in some sense no different than what the PLO does to their kids. They both enslave for different reasons and objectives–but the key point is they enslave.

The best thing that could happen to Black America would be Thomas Sowell as required reading. Every single book.

Now there’s something Obama should say. In fact I would like to know if Obama has read any of his works.

patrick neid on July 10, 2008 at 9:14 AM

I’m going to call her Sybill.

Jaibones on July 10, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Sybil. Freaking perfect!

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 9:19 AM

“I promise not to hurt his weaner, I just want his nuts,” -The Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Akzed on July 10, 2008 at 9:28 AM

What is lost here is that old Jesse has a point. I am no fan of him but when Obama went to Atlanta, he did talk down to his audience. When someone asked a education question, he gave a lecture about staying in school. And in a state with a growing Hispanic population, he tells his audience to learn to speak Spanish. When you fear you might lose you job to an Hispanic, you do not want to be told to learn Spanish.

jeannie on July 10, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Is “Daddy” your collie? Or maybe you’re AP having some fun with the regulars.

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Jaibones on July 10, 2008 at 8:57 AM

That has always been my stance, ask anyone here, including AP.

You guys are very unkind and very nasty.

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM

patrick neid on July 10, 2008 at 9:14 AM

I had an opportunity to interview Cosby after one of his performances along with folks from other local papers. When he entered the room, he did a sweep of faces and asked why there were no Black reporters. Some people laughed thinking he was kidding. When he turned around and walked away from the interview opportunity it became clear that he was not kidding, and he is a racist as much as any other. I grew up with Jello Puddin’ Pops and Fat Albert so Cosby was an icon to me until that moment. There was no color until he brought it into the situation.

Hening on July 10, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Jackson is a racist who can’t stand the thought of not being center stage.

Every other word that comes out of his mouth is “black”.

And by the way… men of God don’t speak like that. Of course, he’s not man of God. Never was.

madmonkphotog on July 10, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Jesse Jackson talks down to Hymietown.

Akzed on July 10, 2008 at 9:40 AM

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM

You’re pretty good, but just overdid the character a bit. Moderate it a bit and you’ll be fine. I’d probably leave father out next time.

a capella on July 10, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Laura Ingraham’s on this at the moment.

I would note that Obama to date has castrated Wright so far as popularity in America towards coddling that black segment as being “tolerant”; and now via Jackson’s own thrust, Obama MIGHT unwittingly castrate him as well so far as popularity in America towards coddling that black segment to which, ironically, Michelle belongs.

This occasion is going to be a ping-pong tournament match watching the Oba-one’s contortions as he flips and flops from pot to kettle from pan to fire, playing against himself. How will bobama-hobama take Gaddafi’s advice: “nothing worse than a black man with an inferiority complex in America” when it comes to changing what he can’t in order to win?

As per noting that bobama can’t apologize nor can he accept an apology, there’s a first time for everything–and this time’s momentous to FOLLOW ’cause it ain’t over till the fat mama sings. (Hillary gonna chime on in?)

maverick muse on July 10, 2008 at 9:50 AM

You guys are very unkind and very nasty.

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM

This from the woman who just compared memory holes with glory holes?

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM

In Jackson’s apology, he said that he was concerned that Obama was blaming blacks for moral failings, when the real problem is “social injustice” that requires a government solution. In other words, it isn’t a lack of personal responsibility that causes so many blacks to be having children out of wedlock, or selling/using drugs, or going to jail for murder and various other felonies; instead, it’s systemic racism. And Jackson is upset that Obama wasn’t calling for more government pay-outs and more affirmative action/racial preference programs for blacks to rectify that. But the sad truth is, Obama believes in those things just as much as Jackson does. That’s the real story here, and the one that won’t get any coverage in the MSM.

AZCoyote on July 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Clarence Paige of the WaPo straightened it out on TV last night. Jesse does not want UhhBama delivering a message that all you have to do is work hard and have faith to get ahead in America according to CP. That would indeed be dangerous to Jesse the poverty pimps hammerlock on victimhood politics. How dare UhhBama leave the plantation! Jesse the slave master, whishes to cut the nuts off that uppity Negroe. You cant make this stuff up, just incredible entertainment.

Lunkinator on July 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM

You guys are very unkind and very nasty.

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Aren’t you the nut who said that gays are important and of value because they do your hair, nails and cook your food?

right2bright on July 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Lunkinator on July 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I thought the black radio commentator who was on at the same time as Page was an absolute riot. Talk about genuflecting at the feet of Jackson,..he couldn’t spin fast enough to make it all go away but he tried.

a capella on July 10, 2008 at 10:35 AM

right2bright on July 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Guess I missed that one. Serves me right. That’s what I get for skipping over her posts,…missing some great entertainment.

a capella on July 10, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Lunkinator on July 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I was so hoping that O’Reilly would have asked Paige what he thought as a “journalist,” instead of just a spokesman for JJ.

What the hell was that?

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Hening on July 10, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Both Jackson and Sharpton are the MSM designated “black leaders.” It’s the MSM that puts the microphones under them. No black person or group of black persons chose them as a “leader.”

Therefore, it’s up to the MSM repudiate Jackson; he’s their creation.

BTW, I don’t have to repudiate anyone I didn’t vote for, marry or give birth to. Got it?

baldilocks on July 10, 2008 at 10:47 AM

You guys are very unkind and very nasty.

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Says the woman who throws around slurs like “white trash”–an epithet against both white and black people.

baldilocks on July 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Anyone consider the possibility this is an act of orchestrated political theater? I’m calling victimology hoax on this one.

Why else would the black father of a black Illinois Congressman publicly stab a black Illinois Senator in the back? Accident my ass!

This is Jesse’s Don Imus moment– the CBS tool who single-handedly blacked out MSM coverage of Petraeus’ April Congressional testimony.

Now Jesse falls on the sword of his own tattered reputation to do the only thing he can to promote the Obama ticket– attack Obama, rally the base and distract voters from Obama’s recent series of gaffs.

Terp Mole on July 10, 2008 at 11:39 AM

In defense of April Orit.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Hening on July 10, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Well I just hope it was a larger misunderstanding. Cosby, to my knowledge, was the first modern black liberal to talk about personal responsibility in the Black community.

patrick neid on July 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM

My theory is Jackson knew he was being recorded: http://electjeff.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/jesse-jackson-knew-he-was-being-recorded/

He misses the limelight!

JeffreyLloyd on July 10, 2008 at 12:23 PM

patrick neid on July 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I’ve heard other personal anecdotes along the same line. I’ll give him credit for bearding the lion in his den, but Cosby appears to have a large antiwhite chip on his shoulder. He’s smart enough to know black separatism won’t work, so is sending the right message, but I have no illusions about his attitude towards whites.

a capella on July 10, 2008 at 12:28 PM

I always knew this campaign was gona devolve into some serious nut-cuttin’.
soundingboard on July 9, 2008 at 11:58 PM

Could have been staged for a reason.

wise_man on July 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM

In defense of April Orit.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Thank you so much, your honesty, your fairness and your balance is greatly appreciated. :)

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 2:08 PM

You guys are very unkind and very nasty.

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM
This from the woman who just compared memory holes with glory holes?

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM

I thought it was something dirty. And everyone knows I am not supporting Obama, it’s been discussed on numerous occassions.

I just don’t like bullies and smear merchants and I will call them out.

AprilOrit on July 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM

In defense of April Orit.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I’m confused as to how equivocating being on the “Far Right” and being a hypocrite is somehow a defense.

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM

In this thread, she has been accused of being a child, a troll, an Obama supporter, a writer of fiction, and a sock puppet, to name a few.

Those are all undeserved smears, leveled at a long time HA citizen who deserves to be asked, with polite benefit of the doubt, when it looks like some of her comments are contradictory or provocative.

She has a clear track record of responding/clarifying.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Maybe Jesse, uh Jaxsson needs a new pair.
Jealousy, my favorite sin.

Christine on July 10, 2008 at 3:56 PM

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Well, she also had no clue what an “assault rifle” actually was, but pontificated on them anyway. That in and of itself was enough to throw her record off the track, and into the lake.

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2008 at 4:09 PM

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Well if I know Hot Air, plenty of people provided information to set her straight. This place is an encyclopedia. It can also be a circus and a dogfighting pit. Everybody has to ask themselves if they want to be a student, a teacher, a clown, or a pit bull.

There’s a bunch of people here whose reputation could be chucked into the lake because of a few instances of fighting out of ignorance or stubbornness. I’m not prepared to do that to someone who demonstrates, through their larger body of contributions, that they are fundamentally decent.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 4:32 PM

The Jackson testicular tragedy is another example of drive-by media double standards. Nobody’s watching anymore for this reason.

Mojave Mark on July 10, 2008 at 5:56 PM

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 4:32 PM

it’s a love fest…I have to admit see has held her own more than once over time…but I think….

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

might be on to something….umm

jerrytbg on July 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM

She has a clear track record of responding/clarifying.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 3:45 PM

I beg to differ. For example, the Dobson thread a few weeks ago… she did everything but respond/clarify.

But, whatever.

cs89 on July 10, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Here’s my new Jesse Jackson Obama Balls Logo

Enjoy

bucktowndusty on July 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM

it’s a love fest…

jerrytbg on July 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM

haha, yeah, I’ve got to admit I have a lot of affection for folks here in HA. And I would defend any one of my buddies here the same way.

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Here’s my new Jesse Jackson Obama Balls Logo

bucktowndusty on July 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Best one I’ve seen. AWESOMELY FUNNY!

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 6:36 PM

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM

that is why you’re respected by most. I‘ve only been posting for a short time but have been reading for much longer. Sad to say that I’ve made an a$$ of my self more than once so I admire those who hang in there and defend themselves. Heh! Life goes on.

jerrytbg on July 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Considering Jesse Jackson’s recent comments about Obama, I found the following Drudge headline to be a tad ironic:

UPDATE: No missing parts or tampering found on Obama plane

[emphasis added]

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM

baldilocks on July 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Huh?
Are there any words out there that can not be taken as black epithets??

carbon_footprint on July 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Baldi, I respect you but please explain how “white trash” is an epithet to a black person?

carbon_footprint on July 10, 2008 at 10:59 PM

RushBaby on July 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM

jerrytbg on July 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM

I have made a fool of myself on several occassins – like with the gun issue, Madison C is correct.

But please you guys stop accusing me of supporting Obama, I am not. In fact I shared about it in detail that awful weekend I discovered my twin brother was supporting him. I was hurt and beside myself with indifference, as were my parents. We were even further preplexed when he brought my older sister into the Obama camp. My parents were really very upsetwith her becuase they didn’t expect her to do something so irresponsible at her age, is the way my parents put it.

I have an extremely close relationship with both of my parents, call me Miss Co-Dependent, my brother does not and he doesn’t care what they think. I do and believe me I have never voted Democrat in my life, my father would freak out at me because I would have to level with them and tell them the truth.

For the last time I am proudly voting for John McCain and I believe he will be our next POTUS.

As for Jeseie Jackson he’s a race baiting moron who doesn’t deserve any additional attention IMHO. He’s a rabble rousing troublemaker.

AprilOrit on July 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

I don’t know how to take what you said, but I am sorry if I upset you. My father didn’t see the glory hole comment, I would never write something like that in front of him and it was a filthy comment. I should have never made such an inappropriate analogy and I apologize for my laspe of judgement. I was trying to be NY street smart, I thought it would go over your heads actually and you wouldn’t know what I meant.

My parents are more along the lines of the characters in Six Degrees of Seaparation, Stockard Channing & Donald Sutherland, but jewish. And my cousins are very Irish Catholic and are along the lines of Denis Leary’s family in Rescue Me.

What can I tell you….again, sorry to have upset you. :)

AprilOrit on July 11, 2008 at 12:40 AM

I don’t know if it was staged or if he got caught on tape by accident but both he and the Clintons do not want Obama to be POTUS.

P.S. I’ve always thought AprilOrit was Teresa from Captains Quarters.

Domino on July 11, 2008 at 1:17 AM

I was hurt and beside myself with indifference,

AprilOrit on July 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM

??????

cs89 on July 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM

Anyone else wonder if this was done intentionally to provide Obama some distance and cover?

And settle some white people?

drjohn on July 11, 2008 at 6:57 AM

I was hurt and beside myself with indifference,
AprilOrit on July 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM
??????

cs89 on July 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM

He’s my twin and my closest sibling, please do not give me a hard time. I could not understand how he do something so foolish as to support a Democrat.

AprilOrit on July 11, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Jesse Jackson has done enough TV interviews in the last forty years to know better than to make a comment like this while wearing a microphone. Is it a coincidence that this interview occurred on Fox News? This had to be staged, and whoever planned it knew Fox News would run with it. Any way you slice it, this is a win-win for Obama – it deflected attention away from his stupid “French” comments, took attention away from John McCain for a few days and enabled Obama to issue his gushing acceptance of Jackson’s apology.

sgt_rich on July 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM

JiangxiDad on July 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Don’t think this is the case. Most interesting possibilities are:

Rip Tailor
Roil Tapir
Air Lip Rot
Prior Tail
Liar to Rip
I Oral Trip.

Anyone with these names would probably kill her parents, not venerate them.

PS: Anyone interested in anagrams should google http://www.anagrammy.com/. It’s a wonderful site.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 11, 2008 at 4:20 PM

baldilocks on July 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Huh?
Are there any words out there that can not be taken as black epithets??

carbon_footprint on July 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM

You have disappointed me.
You must be drinking or just trying to rile up people.

carbon_footprint on July 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM