Does anyone know what Obama thinks any more?

posted at 10:00 am on July 3, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

The last frontier of flip-flops approaches for Barack Obama, and even his surrogates can’t seem to guess which way the wind blows on any given day.  In three different appearances over the last two days, David Axelrod, Susan Rice, and Claire McCaskill all offered competing visions of Obama’s policy on Iraq.  First, we have Axelrod, Obama’s chief strategist, insisting that his January 2007 plan was still operative yesterday:

John Roberts: Let me turn to Iraq. It looks like we’re seeing a little bit of a modification of Senator Obama’s approach to troop withdrawals in Iraq. Susan Rice, his foreign policy adviser, recently said, quote, ‘He will redeploy our forces responsibly at a rate that our commanders say is safe and sustainable.’ David, to the best of my knowledge, he hasn’t talked about consulting commanders on withdrawal. Is this an indication that he may not stick with that original timetable he’s been talking about of 16 months to get all the forces out?

David Axelrod: John, with all due respect, on this, your knowledge doesn’t extend far enough. The fact is that, Senator Obama introduced a plan in the United States Senate in January of 2007 that called for a phased withdrawal, with benchmarks for the Iraqi government to meet, that called for strategic pauses, based on the progress on these benchmarks, and advice on the commanders on the ground and he’s always said that he would listen to the advice of commanders on the ground, that that would factor into his thinking. He’s also said we have to be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in. So he’s been very consistent on this point.

However, on the same day, Senator Claire McCaskill — Obama’s campaign co-chair — told MS-NBC that advice on the ground wouldn’t deflect Obama from his commitment to withdraw troops or change his plans at all:

Monica Novotny: In this week’s New Yorker, George Packer writes about Obama’s original withdrawal plan in the context of what we’re now seeing as a relative stabilization in parts of Iraq. He writes about Obama, ‘He doubtless realizes that his original plan, if implemented now, could revive the badly wounded al Qaeda in Iraq, re-energize the Sunni insurgency, embolden Moqtada al-Sadr to recoup his militia’s recent losses to the Iraqi Army, and return the central government to a state of collapse. The question is whether Obama will publicly change course before November.’ Will he?

Sen. McCaskill: No. He will not.

The day before, Obama’s foreign-policy adviser Susan Rice insisted that Obama will be flexible and change direction if conditions on the ground warrant it:

He has said that the best military advice he’s received leads us to believe that we can safely withdraw our forces at the pace of one to two combat brigades per month, and depending on the number of combat brigades he inherits, our best estimate is that that could be accomplished in roughly 16 months. That’s not a deadline. That’s a timetable, and obviously if Senator Obama has said on numerous occasions, he will listen to his commanders on the ground, he will follow and heed their advice as he decides how at the strategic level we must proceed. So he will do this very carefully and responsibly as he always said but he will do it.

What does it say about the candidate when even his closest advisers have no consistent idea what he represents? Barack Obama has now committed so many reversals, obfuscations, and rhetorical parsings that he now stands for nothing — only himself. Even his surrogates can’t get his story straight; how are voters supposed to decide what he believes?

Comments

The politics of cognitive dissonance…

max1 on July 3, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Obama-flipflop-a-rama-lamadingdong

whitetop on July 3, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Does it matter? I can’t see that anything he has said or done has hurt his standing with his followers.

Sue on July 3, 2008 at 10:07 AM

People either aren’t paying attention, don’t want to hear it…or could give a rats behind.

tomas on July 3, 2008 at 10:07 AM

If Obama wins in November, Bush needs to bomb Irans nuke facilities in December. Nothing like having him “tested” right off the bat.

He can seek Wesley Clarks guidance.

roninacreage on July 3, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Ditto. He is, afterall, the “Magic Negro” so nothing he says or anyone else says will matter to the ObamaNation.

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 3, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Obama is the changiest changer there ever was.

Guardian on July 3, 2008 at 10:09 AM

He thinks Jimmy Carter got a lot of votes pretending to be someone he wasn’t during the immediate runup to the election. So what if he looks pro-security voting for immunity. 8 years is a plenty of time to get his Congress to reverse it.

pc on July 3, 2008 at 10:11 AM

I understand the sentiment, but the last thing we need is Obama tested. I don’t want to be a casualty of his flunking the test.

Sue on July 3, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Even devout worshipers will become disenchanted with someone holding four or five positions on a subject, with video backup killing any attempt he makes to smooth it out.

And then there was a video of one female campain rep saying in a video interview that hussein would probably do something completely different after getting elected than what he said during the campaign and that he couldn’t be held to statements made during the campaign. I’d sure like to get that video and all the rest to make a nice hussein montage.

dogsoldier on July 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM

How ’bout Israel bombing them right before the Nov. election, like a bunch of people think? That would force Obama to make an actual stance. Of course, I really doubt the Israelis could give two craps about the American election. We’ll see though….

mjk on July 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I have the option to analyze the information once it is made available to me. The problem is this administration has been so secretive, and indecisive, that we are not sure what path we are even taking now. So for us to make a firm commitment without seeing all the facts would just force us to make the same mistakes that have been made the past 8 years. I am committed to removing our troops, but not at the detriment of our security.
In the past several weeks I have had to make adjustments in my campaign, based on revealing facts that have been with held by the most secretive administration we have ever had. I am planning a trip myself to the middle east to make my own assessment, I can’t rely on this administration to get anything right. That is the change the American people want, decisions based on facts, not rumors, and not based on self serving interests. We will change the course of America with sound judgments, in the open, and not in behind closed doors. We will change the failed policy that this administration, and John McCain wants to continue. In all due respect, and I do honor his service, but John McCain wants to continue the failed policy of the Bush administration…end of Obama’s speech

right2bright on July 3, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Obama has two things in common with David Dinkins:

1. Alliances with radical elements who helped the candidate but which hamstring the executive. This is not unusual (though not universal either) among black Democrats elected to executive responsibility.

2. The lack of a clear and consistent policy which subordinates understand and implement. This aspect has nothing to do with race. NYC gov’t became paralyzed under David Dinkins. People in his administration could not use initiative, they couldn’t stick their necks out – and Dinkins was the kind to get angry when they did. So they had to wait, wait, wait, till something specific came from Dinkins, lest they get thrown under the bus or at any rate bopped by it.

ForNow on July 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Guardian on July 3, 2008 at 10:09 AM

He’s a Changeling!

Brat on July 3, 2008 at 10:22 AM

dogsoldier on July 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Barry’s merry band of Kool-Aid drinkers don’t have time to be bothered with facts and evidence.

fogw on July 3, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Maybe Obama will throw himself under the bus.

darwin on July 3, 2008 at 10:24 AM

right2bright on July 3, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Unless of course, it affects my poll numbers, than anything I say is completely irrelevant. What I said about Jerusalem being the undivided capital of Israel, I didn’t actually mean if you don’t like that. I meant it was a neat place that Israel has some claim to.
What I said about negotiations with Iran I didn’t mean. Unless of course, you want to negotiate with Iran.
What I said about NAFTA being bad is not what I meant if you support NAFTA.
What I said about withdrawing the troops and John McCain wanting them there for 100 years, I of course misspoke. And my wife doesn’t know how this conversation helps her kids.
The bigot pastors I only know and hang out with because it’s my culture to hang out with bigots.
I’ve never actually passed any legislation, unless you want to believe that I did.
I have no idea who’s in charge in Gaza. But I’m kind of sure they might possibly, perhaps be bad. But I’m open to changing my mind about that if the poll numbers ask me to.

I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message. Unless you disapprove of it, then someone on my campaign overstepped their bounds and they are fired.

mjk on July 3, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Obama’s swerve to the right is like a car in England on a slick road, hoping to find better traction on the other side.

Soon as the slick part ends, it will get back onto the left side of the road and stay there, unless it encounters another requirement to expediently swerve to the right again.

I think you can take what Obama has done and his fellow travelers to make a good bet on where he plans to go if he wins.

His words and posture now are deceptions, if not as promoted by the Koran, then at least from the classic politician’s tome, “Fool Enough of the People For Now, or Tomorrow is Another Day”.

Harry Schell on July 3, 2008 at 10:26 AM

His multi-directional politics and the fact that the vast majority of his supporters are unphased by it, demonstrates to me that his popularity has all to do with sparkle and nothing to do with substance. Just look at the issues that have surfaced that emphasizes his lack of character and depth and yet, the Dems still treat him like a God. For the life of me, I don’t know why. Surely, the white lefty doesn’t feel so guilty that he would throw blind faith at Obama because of his skin color? At least we’re now starting to see some effort by the MSM to expose his emptiness. The fact that John Roberts would even ask some tough questions shows change. We wouldn’t have seen this a few months ago.

Syd B. on July 3, 2008 at 10:30 AM

These are not the close advisers that I know. Their inartful responses are being twisted by the radical right wing racists who would have you cling to your guns and seek religion. My campaign has, and always will be, based upon change. So when you hear from those who are afraid, lacking any hope, remember that what I say right now is what I believe and if it differs from yesterday, it is because I am the candidate of CHANGE! You can HOPE on that!

el hombre on July 3, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Well, he did promise change.

BobK on July 3, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Seems logical. Since the Obamassiah doesn’t know what his position is until he’s in front of a particular group, why should his underlings know for sure.

GarandFan on July 3, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Maybe we need to ask Susan Rice what is the difference between a deadline and a timetable. Isn’t a deadline the last line of a timetable?

And if Obama has (supposedly) said on numerous occasions (except those when he said the opposite) that he would listen to “his” commanders on the ground, why doesn’t he listen to General Petraeus?

This is the stuff of which great ads are made, if somebody at the RNC is awake enough to make them.

Barack Obama has taken campaign rhetoric to new heights. Doublespeak has now become triplespeak. But it’s change!

Steve Z on July 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM

If you were to place everything B.O. has had to say about anything and everything since this campaign began into one single capsule summation, the general impression you are left with is that he is for anything and everything and he is against anything and everything, depending, of course, on what particular group he happens to be addressing at the time.

pilamaye on July 3, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Obama4dogcatcher.com is still an available domain name.

That’s what I think.

profitsbeard on July 3, 2008 at 10:42 AM

But, the music is so beautiful…Don’t bother me with the words…Dude.

franksalterego on July 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I find this whole discussion racist and a distraction from the real issues! Obamessiah.

dhunter on July 3, 2008 at 10:59 AM

When he said change, he meant change on a daily basis, sometimes mid sentence.

What Obama has decided is good for America, may not be what Obama decides is good for America the next time you ask him.

He is very consistent on his suggestion for change, often times changing before fully defining the change he was defining, and never fully defining his vision of change because that may change.

We’re Fu*ked ’08!

cntrlfrk on July 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM

cntrlfrk on July 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Hope and change – hope you don’t noticed that I changed my mind.

peski on July 3, 2008 at 11:08 AM

doesn’t matter He’s the MAHDI..and whatever he says is, by definition, correct.

right4life on July 3, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Consider it the free-for-all approach. Speak very vaguely about your own policy, then have your surrogates each give completely different versions of it, so everyone in America will hear something they like.

Obama’s policy is one-size-fits-all because it’s malleable according to whoever is listening. It’s all about winning the White House, less about actually informing the public what that would entail.

Groovy.

Seixon on July 3, 2008 at 11:12 AM

It comes to mind, the Goolsbee-NAFTA snafu was in February and that, along with what now appears to be Obama’s attempt to hit every last bump-of-his-own-making in the road, I’m thinking that no one ever really knew what Obama thinks, including Mr. Empty Suit, himself.

When one spends most of your life being Mr. Mirror, one never bothers to have more than one thought.

Dusty on July 3, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Sorry, there’s a flaw in what I just wrote. I know, as most people do, what he thinks. He thinks he should be President.

Dusty on July 3, 2008 at 11:15 AM

we need the whitey tape, come on John, let it out…. just leave a copy on any bar frequented by armed services or any other good guys (make sure no cameras are around)

max1 on July 3, 2008 at 11:15 AM

How can you expect Obama’s advisers to know what Obama’s position is on any given issue, when Obama himself doesn’t know?

Obama’s on every side of every issue. He’s for gun bans; no, he’s against them. He’s against gay marriage; no, he’s for it. He’s against NAFTA; no, he’s for it. He’s against the death penalty; no, he’s for it. He wants troops out of Iraq in 16 months; no, he’ll rely on the commanders on the ground, and may leave troops in Iraq for years. . . .

Obama’s a craven politician who will say anything and everything — no matter how dishonest, contradictory, absurd, etc. — to get elected. The only consistent “principle” (if you can call it that) that guides this man is his life-long ambition to be president.

AZCoyote on July 3, 2008 at 11:22 AM

this clown is just like clinton: the only thing that matters is what is being said right now, anything else is irrelevant. what might have been said before has been misinterpreted or misunderstood. tomorrow’s message need not relate to today, because today will by then have become inoperative misunderstanding.

me being in chicago, i look forward to having the machine vote my ballot several times for the candidate i should be supporting. its so convenient

billypaintbrush on July 3, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Only the possum knows the truth. And he’s not telling.

NeighborhoodCatLady on July 3, 2008 at 11:28 AM

And he’s still going to slaughter McAmnesty who has to “reorganize” his campaign because it is an utter failure at this stage! Nice job RNC!

sabbott on July 3, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Obama is just saying what all Democrats want to hear. Since they only hear what they want to, all he has to do is agree with everything and then disagree with it before he agrees again. This is just super since most liberals have the attention span of a goldfish.

They want to substitute law with “good feelings”. A pat on the head appeases all of them. He fits the bill. He’ll make them feel “good” about their vote. They deserve everything he gives them.

Rogue Traveler on July 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Does anyone know what Obama thinks any more?

Sure, he thinks he can do or say anything to get elected and no one will call him on it. So far he has been mostly right in this line of thinking.

TooTall on July 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM

tomas on July 3, 2008 at 10:07 AM

Tomas is right, his followers just don’t care. Nothing’s going to break through to them. Nothing.

We can preach to the choir all we want. He’s all about Hopeandchange™.

Grantman on July 3, 2008 at 11:34 AM

This post deserves an image on the FP, it deserves the left hand column in fact.

I advise caution in America, Israelis deal with suicide bombers, but you people may be in mortal danger when the nutroots’ heads start popping spontaneously in public, duck & cover and keep the children in those plasticky type ‘finger painting smocks’ I remember from when I was a kid at all times when at the mall, or outdoors.

If you see an individual behaving strangely, muttering to himself, or someone who’s head is spinning like the girl in the Exorcist or that guy at the customs area on mars in Total Recall – IMMEDIATELY proceed to the nearest exit.

saus on July 3, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Ed: “Barack Obama has now committed so many reversals, obfuscations, and rhetorical parsings that he now stands for nothing — only himself. Even his surrogates can’t get his story straight; how are voters supposed to decide what he believes?”

To repeat my comment in the thread on the Muslim organization suit the judge threw out:

Not a problem. The glazed-eye followers of Obambi don’t care about his positions on anything. It doesn’t matter what he says; they just love to hear the sound of his voice, reassuring them that Hope, and Change, are on the way. Obambi will bring the Millennium, the glorious New Day of Hope, and Change from the bad old days of today. When Obambi is President, there won’t be any more need for elections, or politics, or wars, or armies, and the unrepentant Republicans will be cast aside to grovel in the dust beneath the feet of the Anointed One.

MrLynn on July 3, 2008 at 11:36 AM

In lieu of stating his principles, which honestly are often inexpressible things, I’d settle for a few solid, principled policy positions. How about one. Does “if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything” ring any bells? Oh yeah. That’s the old politics. Positions are out. Obama is in. He transcends everything. He is the Obamessiah.

Paul-Cincy on July 3, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Obama transcends:

- race (and did he mention he’s black?)
- dirty tricks (John McCain is half senile, his military service is no qualification)
- politics (his record is as left-wing as there is)
- positions (that’s a fact — he doesn’t have a firm position on anything!)

Paul-Cincy on July 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM

It’s not about facts man. It’s about feeling… ya know?

BHO will suffer from 1,000 little cuts before November. We’ll hit Obama saturation point and quite a bit of this enthusiasm will wane.

Mojave Mark on July 3, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Reminiscent of James Carville back in ’92 – in love with Clinton’s mystique but confused about what he stood for, if anything – whining, “Where’s the sacred ground?!”

whitetop on July 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM

These are the folks who will decide this election.

>”Yes, we can!” isn’t floating their boat. Nothing much is, from either candidate.

They aren’t uniformly conservative or liberal, and they don’t fit strict Republican or Democratic orthodoxy. They aren’t typically engaged in politics, and they don’t much care about the campaign. And like so many others, they are extraordinarily pessimistic.

“To me, it’s not about the party, it’s about who is the best person for the job,” says Pam Robinett, 47, from Wellington, Kan., who always votes. Then again, “they’ll all lie, cheat and steal to get what they want.”

Talk about a tough sell.

Entelechy on July 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Must have goofed up the link.

”Yes, we can!” isn’t floating their boat.

Entelechy on July 3, 2008 at 12:07 PM

billypaintbrush on July 3, 2008 at 11:25 AM

“I could no more disown what I said or did yesterday than I could my own white grandmother. They’ve said I only care about what I’m saying right now. I categorically reject that view. My church? I don’t have a church. My pastor Rev. Wright? I don’t have a church, how could he be my pastor? The pastor at Trinty, my former church? No. The retired pastor at Trinity? Yes, he was the former pastor of my former church. Twenty years listening to Rev. Wright? Let me, uh … uh … (looks at the floor for 5 seconds), reaffirm what I just said, to be clear. He’s the former pastor of my former church. I have no relationship with Rev. Wright. That’s what I’m saying right now, and that’s the only thing that matters. Next question.”

Paul-Cincy on July 3, 2008 at 12:07 PM

I have a headache.

KrisinNE on July 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Does anyone know what Obama thinks any more?

I’m afraid that can’t be explained because he’s not himself anymore, you know.

Sigy on July 3, 2008 at 12:15 PM

This isn’t the me I’ve known in the past.

misterpeasea on July 3, 2008 at 12:19 PM

He stands for NOTHING. This much we know.

SouthernGent on July 3, 2008 at 12:22 PM

I don’t think the positions (in this instance) are as contradictory as you’re making them out to be. As I read it, Adviser #1 says “he’s not changing from his original plan, which included consultation with generals”. #2 says “he’s not changing from his original plan”. #3 says “his original plan said consultation with generals”. Sounds consistent (again, in this instance) to me.

PurpleWombats on July 3, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Hey, as long as the EU is happy, that’s all that matters.

argos on July 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Sounds consistent (again, in this instance) to me.

PurpleWombats on July 3, 2008 at 12:25 PM

You cheated. You must reach a verdict first then analyze the evidence only after the sentence has been carried out.

Sigy on July 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Ed, we know what Sen. Messiah Barack stands for. CHANGE! But come on. He can not sell his socialism at face value to the masses. To feloow Democrats of course. But there is the great middle that is already taking a second look. His lack of national exposure and experience are all there for the world to see.

righty64 on July 3, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Obama’s inconsistency has become so consistent, it has become boring. Maybe that’s his plan . . . if it’s boring enough, people will stop paying attention!

reine.de.tout on July 3, 2008 at 12:50 PM

He’s a Changeling!

Brat on July 3, 2008 at 10:22 AM

You’re joking but that’s exactly what he is. He’s the Mother of All Ciphers.

baldilocks on July 3, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Does anyone know what Obama thinks any more?

Yes . . .Obama thinks the moon is made of green cheese.

Texyank on July 3, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Of course, I really doubt the Israelis could give two craps about the American election. mjk on July 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I think they care a lot. Heck, a lot of American Jews, who should have been a gimme for Obama, are starting to have doubts. He’ll do worse in the constituency than any Dem in recent memory, I believe, and not because of his social policies, (Jews are the ones who spend like a Episcopalians but vote like Peurto Ricans, remember) but because of his flip-flops on Israel. Israel did not do well with Jimmuh, and getting hassled all the time by Obama to stop defending herself against terrorism and to just hope for change instead–that will be a problem. Another concern would be Obambi’s ambassador to the UN. Maybe he’ll give that post to Jesse “Hymietown” Jackson, or similar. Not being able to count on support from the US in the Security Council could present difficulties to Israel as well. Israel needs a POTUS that won’t get wobbly when “international opinion” gets its dander up. That is NOT Obama–he is all about wobbling.

smellthecoffee on July 3, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Nobody cares right now about all the flip-flops, unfortuneately. They just want the chance to vote for the “first post-racial candidate for president.” But there’s a crash coming, as Krauthammer predicts. Next winter, after he’s inaugurated and it becomes clear he’s in over his head, there’s going to be a lot of disappointed and angry people.

WasatchMan on July 3, 2008 at 2:23 PM

I hope you’ll indulge me in a flight of fantasy

billypaintbrush on July 3, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Clinton Interview With Jim Lehrer – 01-21-98
LEHRER: You had no sexual relationship with this young woman?
CLINTON: There is not a sexual relationship. That is accurate.

What is Lehrer had asked a followup, “Did you have a sexual relationship with this young woman in the PAST?”

How would he answer. Yes? No? I don’t know? If he says Yes, would he have been hounded out of office? Would it have been President Gore? Would Gore have then been prez from 2000-2004?

The big question — do we want another word parser like Clinton as prez? And make no mistake, Obama is a champion word parser.

Paul-Cincy on July 3, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Just like Hillary Clinton, Mr. Hussein Obama will say whatever polls indicate is best to say for his popularity among liberal and (he hopes) centrist voters.
It’s not that he doesn’t have strong political principles, he does. It’s just that they’re far too leftist to let the electorate hear them. So, again like Hillary Clinton, he’s into the politician’s equivalent of fauxtography.

DavePa on July 3, 2008 at 2:35 PM

John Roberts, with all due respect, on this, your knowledge doesn’t extend far enough.

LMAO..
I wonder when these TV people will start to throw Obama under the Bus.. ?

Chakra Hammer on July 3, 2008 at 2:50 PM

smellthecoffee on July 3, 2008 at 2:05 PM

My brother who lives on the coast in LA is a bit more moderate than me, but he was telling me that the cult like Obama can no wrong thing was in full effect with the circle of Jewish voters around him, he actually told me it was a bit frightening.. You cannot even discuss Obama’s faults, policies etc, no one even knows what Obama is about they just fawn like meth heads. So I hope you are right but if LA jews are anything to go by, more work is needed. Of course my bro would never vote bamby but community organizing is in dire need becuase those Liberals are possesed it seems.

I say McCain gets 30-35% of the hebrews nationwide, which would be good and a bumb over bush.

saus on July 3, 2008 at 3:25 PM

You would think that at some point people would notice the fact that this guy does not seem to know what he is doing.

Terrye on July 3, 2008 at 3:59 PM

“That’s not a deadline, that’s a timetable”

WTF???

LtE126 on July 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM

They finally found out what was on Obamas Ipod..
1) Dancing with the Mullahs
2) Rock the Akbar
3) The Rezko shuffle
4) Revolutionary Guard Boys Choir
5) Oh Israel, My Rotting Stinking Corpse

malkinmania on July 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I wish I could say that the Obama cult is a new phenomena, but the Marxists have been swooning over frauds and false utopias for a very very long time already. What he says doesn’t have to make sense or be right, it just has to soothe their superior souls.

Maquis on July 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Maquis on July 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

It doesn’t even have to be politics. It can be a religious leader, a business leader, a used car salesman, even a prospective spouse with a line of BS. Charisma goes a long way in the US. Obama is the most charismatic politician on the national stage.

Paul-Cincy on July 3, 2008 at 5:29 PM

If Obambi were simply a charismatic Pied Piper leading his glazed-eye, imprinted ducklings to the ballot box, that would be bad enough. Conceivably he could have a cabinet of grown-ups who could keep him from making a total fool of himself in office.

But I suspect Obambi is a Manchurian Candidate, a puppet of the insidious Stalinists and Maoists (and Black Liberationists) who have infiltrated Chicago politics, and found sympathetic useful idiots in Obambi and his wife.

Obambi’s mentor in Hawaii was an aging Communist (whose name I forget); his ‘community organizing’ was an invention of Saul Alinski. He is closely associated with the Ayers family of ’60s radicals and terrorists. If he were elected, we could end up with people in power who believe the principles of our Constitution should be discarded and the Republic destroyed, in favor of a United Soviet States of America the World.

But how do we alert the somnambulistic American public to the danger?

Time for some 527 organizations to take up the cause. “Chicago Veterans for Truth”?

MrLynn on July 3, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Just as I have beens saying for months.

If anyone thinks Obama is taking the troops out of Iraq, they’ll also believe Jeremiah was a bullfrog.

drjohn on July 3, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Fauxbama thinks whatever puppet-master George Soros tells him to think….Buying a country is hard work, just ask Soros…………..

adamsmith on July 4, 2008 at 10:36 AM

The Clintons may have mastered triangulation, but Obama is working on docecahedronation!

drunyan8315 on July 4, 2008 at 4:50 PM