The Ed Morrissey Show: Kevin McCullough; American Solutions’ “Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less”

posted at 1:30 pm on June 30, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Today, on the Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), Kevin McCullough joins us from the Musclehead Revolution to discuss Barack Obama’s condom stand at Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church, as well as Wes Clark’s idiocy from yesterday. In the second half, we’ll talk with Princella Smith at American Solutions regarding their “Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less” campaign. In fact, here’s Newt Gingrich talking about this initiative from earlier this month:

Now you can join the conversation in the chat room! Be sure to register at Ustream to participate in our raucous live-chat sessions…

Opening animation from TG Studios.

Comments

THIS SUCKS! I wish I could join in. Damn filters!

upinak on June 30, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Personally, I think a good many Americans could be won over by this, if certain reasonable environmental concerns were addressed. For example, is anyone here going to admit that strip mining was good for the vegetation and the water supply in West Virginia?

Anyone from West Virginia wanna take this one?

manwithblackhat on June 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Is the page messed up for anyone else? I don’t have access to chat or the video stream.

Canadian Infidel on June 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM

No big McVain fan here; however, this helps me with the struggle for who will get my vote in November. It helps too that Obama is such a Marxist! It’s gonna be a long four years.

It would help greatly if McVain had not swallowed the whole “Weather as ‘Climate Change’” and Drill in ANW[A]R…

For example, is anyone here going to admit that strip mining was good for the vegetation and the water supply in West Virginia? good luck!

manwithblackhat on June 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM

No one ever admitted that the Valdez spill did not destroy the environment in Alaska. The people in Valdez are very helpful with explaining and showing that even most clouds have a silver lining and will show proof that Exxon Mobil is not satanic…..

Branch Rickey on June 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM

03:23 jeff_from_mpls : like the ending of Get Smart, a nuke goes off when Beethoven’s 9th ends –

That must make the deceased Maestro pleased in Heaven. :-(

Branch Rickey on June 30, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Branch Rickey on June 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Thanks. I was talking about West Virginia. Can someone there assure me the coal companies are not satanic? (I mean, if that’s the barometer we’re using here…)

manwithblackhat on June 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Please check this first person account by John McCain from 1973:

Obama doesn’t have JACK that’s close to this man

originalpechanga on June 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Obama doesn’t have JACK that’s close to this man

originalpechanga on June 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Except Barry’s got HOPE. Heh

Branch Rickey on June 30, 2008 at 4:25 PM

You know, I really like Newt Gingrich, and I think he’s a great thinker. But I need to have him explain to me why he gives a rat’s behind about oil speculators.

Oil speculators cannot control the price of crude. They can’t even affect the price of crude. The only way a speculator could affect the price of oil at all is to buy the oil and hold it off the market. When they purchase a block of oil on a commodities market, they can’t just sit on it — they have to accept delivery of the commodity, and they have to pay for the shipping. For this reason, speculators have to dump their holdings quickly — within days. There isn’t enough storage capacity in the world to allow oil speculators to actually control the price of crude. Unless somebody wants to postulate Dr. Evil’s empty ocean into which he’s pouring all the world’s crude oil…

Buying futures doesn’t affect prices, either. Those are just options to buy at some price within a certain period of time. They have no impact on actual crude prices whatsoever.

The spike in crude prices is about three things: Asian demand vs available supply, political instability in key regions, and the strength of the dollar. You want oil prices to drop quickly? The only thing that can be done is to strengthen the dollar. Period.

Drilling for oil is the sensible policy alternative for the 5-to-15-year horizon.

Anybody who says we need to keep oil production low in order to spur alternatives, should be shot at sunrise without a trial. The alternatives are already under development, and have been for decades, without artificial shortages. The only reason they’re not on the market yet is that fossil fuels are still significantly cheaper and more readily available.

(Unrelated to this topic, please visit my political blog, “Plumb Bob Blog: Squaring the Culture.” Thanks.)

philwynk on June 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I like McCain’s stance on nukes. Build 100 new nuclear power plants. Yes!

Mojave Mark on June 30, 2008 at 6:26 PM

philwynk on June 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Thanks. I’ve been hearing on the news about how futures trading affects the price of oil, and from the sound of it, I’d get better odds playing the ponies.

manwithblackhat on June 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM

I really like your intellectually stimulating, Tech challenged talk show. I really like listening, my only advice is to get your communication software working and please see what you can do about improving that audio.

Dollayo on July 1, 2008 at 8:46 AM