NYC councilman: Criticism of Mugabe is racist

posted at 4:00 pm on June 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

New Yorkers and longtime HA readers will know exactly which councilman it is. For the rest, it’s Charles Barron, who dabbles in apologizing for the worst socialist degenerate dictators when he isn’t busy calling black cops “house negroes” or fantasizing about slapping white people randomly for his mental health. He played host to Mugabe in NYC six years ago; these days he confines himself to denying that his pal’s thugs are raping and murdering women from the opposition. Don’t view the clip unless your Friday night drinking has already begun in earnest, as you’ll need some sort of sedative during or after. Click the image to watch.

barron-mugabe.jpg

Comments

Of course.

drjohn on June 27, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Obama and this braying ass are racist ignoramuses. Both must have majored in Cartoons in college.

pat on June 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Someone should drop his a$$ in the middle of one of Mugabe’s village raids.

Scumbag sympathizer.

natesnake on June 27, 2008 at 4:06 PM

It’s more alarming that these people keep getting elected.

lorien1973 on June 27, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I’ll never understand why New York continues to vote for this idiot.

SoulGlo on June 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

It’s more alarming that these people keep getting elected.

It makes people feel good to hear that none of their problems are attributed to their own actions.

natesnake on June 27, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Charlie Barron . . .A bigger punk than Olberman
and that’s not easy to do. Way to go Charlie.

I think he’s been banned from the H & C show. ( Could
have him mixed up with the New black panther guy )

Texyank on June 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM

And here’s Barron calling for New Yorkers to vote for Obama on Super Tuesday because it’s in Black History Month. He rallies against Clinton for “giving us” free trade and incarcerating prisoners. Here are the fliers he printed up for Obama, as well as a story about him comparing Jeremiah Wright to MLK.

amerpundit on June 27, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Well, at least this A**hat didn’t change his tune and say something like, “That isn’t the Mugabe I know.” like that other A**hat does all the time on other issues.

BobK on June 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM

SoulGlo on June 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Because he represents a district in Brooklyn that is filled with constituents that are exactly like him…and BTW, he has NEVER slapped any white man and he isn’t going to.

DoctorDentons on June 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM

George Galloway without the accent.

SteveMG on June 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM

His mental health is in question

His racism is not in question

Kini on June 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

I can’t believe I am thinking this let alone keying it but I wish Mugabe would die. Why is it that all these horrible things can happen in Africa and no one does anything? I know that it has to be them that makes the change but it is just so awful. And it make me dislike the U.N. even more and I didn’t think that was possible. And yet Amnesty International wants to tour with a fake Gitmo cell. How does that make sense.

Cindy Munford on June 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

It’s douches like this that strengthen my opinion that libos and Dhimicrats are on the wrong side of nearly every issue.

Claypigeon on June 27, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I get the uncomfortable feeling that a lot of blacks actually feel the same way Barron does (in that they harbor racist feelings toward many or most whites)?? How does a black panther get elected in the first place, unless you at least sorta agree with his racist views? How else do you explain the mainstream racists- Sharpton, Jackson, Boyce Watkins, and so many others that aren’t shunned by society but trumpeted on CNN, FOX NEWS, and MSNBC?

This seems to be a subject no one wants to touch, but I constantly see racism in the media and in person…rarely is it rscism from white Americans, but rather blacks who can’t seem to get the chip off of their shoulder. Maybe I’m watching all the wrong programs on TV, reading the wrong papers, etc?

TheBlueSite on June 27, 2008 at 4:23 PM

SteveMG on June 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM

A tan George Galloway.
/channeling Grover Norquist

carbon_footprint on June 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM

I know this is probably going to sound insane but his constituency can’t possibly agree with his racism can they? I have met a lot of black people in my life and I have never seen this kind of ranting or even anything approaching it. Barron is so extreme that he seems like a parody of himself. Is this his regular shtick or is this an aberration?

Mormon Doc on June 27, 2008 at 4:38 PM

NYC councilman: Criticism of Mugabe is racist

What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
- Dan Quayle

MB4 on June 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Doesn’t this #uckin NYC councilman loon realize that the vast majority of Adolf Mugabe’s victims are black!!! ?

MB4 on June 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Mormon Doc on June 27, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Apparently, you’ve never heard of the Wrong Reverend Wright, and his Manchurian Candidate, Barackichelle HUSSEIN Obama….

dmh0667 on June 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM

MB4 on June 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Great point. But remember, these are democrats. Logic is lost with them.

carbon_footprint on June 27, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Sean Hannity’s fav.

Ian on June 27, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Man, does hate sell or what?
This guy will never lose his position, this is what a large group want to hear…anything to take down the “white man”.

right2bright on June 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM

elduende on June 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Is this the best that his constituents can do?

d1carter on June 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM

dmh0667

I see these people but I just can’t believe they are anything more than race hustlers and I don’t know why they get any kind of platform. Like Hannity and O’Reilly pretending like Sharpton is a legitimate leader instead of a loathsome opportunist. It’s like these people are living 60+ years ago. What is this insanity based on? There are racist white people but they are scorned and derided for their ridiculous notions. There is no institutionalized racism and hasn’t be for a long time. I can’t understand why we continue to give these cretins any of our time.

Mormon Doc on June 27, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Yes, Mugabe took the land back – how has that worked out for the Zimbabweans? The black Zimbabweans?

Grafted on June 27, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Charles Barron really need to move over there with his BFF Mugabe.

Mojack420 on June 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM

The guy is deranged and one has to wonder what kind of people return jerks like this to any elected office. Someone should send him to Zimbabwe and then let him fend for himself.

Speaking of deranged…. this ain’t much better:

“As a native New Yorker i know this is the same type of black marxist muslim anti american filth that vomited and gave us obama and will continue to surround obama if he’s elected.”

elduende

lexhamfox on June 27, 2008 at 5:05 PM

I’d say something but I don’t want to insult lowlifes.

Dusty on June 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM

NYC councilman: Criticism of Mugabe is racist

WHAT A BLITHERING, STUPID IDIOT… New York lefty, race baiting, City councilman Charles Baron lecturing Americans on criticizing Mugabe as being racist, is insulting.

Maybe this stupid ignoramus should go to Zimbabwe and try to run for public office. He’d find himself real fast, laying face down in a urine filled gutter, with Mugabe personally pulling the trigger. DUMBASS!

byteshredder on June 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM

*warning somewhat graphic*
Photo:
Harare, Zimbabwe: A party worker for the opposition Movement for Democratic Change awaits treatment at a clinic.

Urban Infidel on June 27, 2008 at 5:14 PM

AP is correct… it is hard to sit still after hearing this guy’s absurd tirade. I hope someone reminds him of what happened in Matebeleland.

Here is the money quote from Nkomo’s book.

“…nothing in my life had prepared me for persecution at the hands of a government led by black Africans.” (Nkomo – My Life, p.1)

lexhamfox on June 27, 2008 at 5:16 PM

NC License Plate?

- The Cat

MirCat on June 27, 2008 at 5:31 PM

AP? I believe you currently reside amongst the boroughs, but fer godsakes, you certainly are not a local boy.

No one outside of his precinct pays any attention to this flake. Hell, even Sharpton keeps his distance.

If it’s a slow Friday, just put down the mouse and walk away.

TC@LeatherPenguin on June 27, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Is he calling Mandela what I think he is?

P.S. He took farmers land like Castro did, by killing the farmers.

P.P.S. Killing the farmers and giving it to people who don’t know how to grow = starving black babies. But that goes to the abortion argument.

- The Cat

MirCat on June 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Cindy Munford on June 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

It would be too easy to blame the UN in this instance. I’d say the Western world by itself deserves much of the blame for installing Mugabe, starting with Harold Wilson on down..

aengus on June 27, 2008 at 5:59 PM

lexhamfox

I stand by my words.

I will let your “deranged” comment go you’re obviously someone who has no experience with inner city politics. And before you impugn my education I’m a JD.

Now onto the meat of the matter.

If you had lived with the constant race baiting and Nation of Islam thugs running around and openly marxist economic and political policies I grew up with you’d see things much differently. As a latino from the barrio i can tell you that blacks that populate the inner city political machine(where Barron and Obama come form) are the most racist corrupt adherents of machine politics out there.

I, unlike you, recognize the danger obama represents and where he is coming from. I’ve lived it. It is the reason for white flight latino flight and as someone who has lived in Washington DC too, the phenomenon of black flight from the oppressive nature of inner city black politics.

I lived in the inner city where the democratic political machine has long since festered with anti american marxist policies in the guise of victimology and corrupt identity politics.

I would say it is deranged to believe the ongoing sugar coating that is going on to make obama more palatable to non critical thinking americans.

That repackaging is taking place right before your eyes and yet you still think it is deranged to look at where obama came from and see it is the same place Barron is right now.

next time think before you call someone deranged for a comment even if you don’t agree with it.

elduende on June 27, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Yes, please slap me. It’ll be your last.

SouthernGent on June 27, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Let’s ask James Oddo what he thinks of his fellow NYC politician.

joewm315 on June 27, 2008 at 6:13 PM

If Mr.( and I use that term loosely) Barron has a wife, perhaps he needs to witness her having her hands and feet chopped off, then thrown into a shed and then having the shed blow up. Am I being cruel?….. you bet!

MNDavenotPC on June 27, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Poor little man with a big fat inferiority complex… he’ll never be anything but a loud mouth with nothing for brains.

D2Boston on June 27, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Well. There you go. Now we know.

Wade on June 27, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Elduende is right. Though some may see his views as too extreme, he accurately identified the dangers that Barron’s ilk represent. Barron is certainly not unique in his lunacy.

Elduende shouldn’t have to apologize for anything he said in his posts on this thread.

Grafted on June 27, 2008 at 8:23 PM

thanks for the support Grafted.

elduende on June 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I think Imus should have him on for an interview.

wepeople on June 27, 2008 at 9:37 PM

This clip was all just white noise to me…

Skidd on June 27, 2008 at 10:32 PM

“NYC councilman: Criticism of Mugabe is racist”

Call me racist then, Charley.

Kevin M on June 28, 2008 at 4:02 AM

latino flight

Bwahahahaha!

Show me one place outside of Mexico where the Latino population is decreasing. Latino flight…right. So many flee Mexico that the entire Southern US is becoming Spanish-speaking.

Quit making shit up.

***
Charles Barron is a racist.

The Race Card on June 28, 2008 at 5:00 AM

I’ll never understand why New York continues to vote for this idiot.

SoulGlo on June 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Useful idiots. The same people vote Democratic

drjohn on June 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM

aengus on June 27, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I’d managed to expunge mackintosh man from memory, and you had to drag him up again. :)

OldEnglish on June 28, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Mugabe should be hung for crimes against humanity. There, that racist enough for ya?

Akzed on June 28, 2008 at 4:50 PM

The Race Card on June 28, 2008 at 5:00 AM

get a clue.

are you another suburban know it all?

like Whites and affluent Blacks the first thing a Latin Family does when the can leave the inner city is leave this is called Latino flight.

my Family and everyone else i knew growing up that is latino left NYC and black dominated politics as soon as we could. none of us are mexicans.

elduende on June 28, 2008 at 5:10 PM