Video: Pregnant Gloucester teen says there was no pact

posted at 5:36 pm on June 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

Or rather, there was a pact but it wasn’t entered into until after the girls were pregnant. Or was it?

[School principal Joseph] Sullivan first told the Gloucester Daily Times the district was worried about a surging pregnancy rate in March; other officials have also made it clear that a number of the 18 girls who tested positive as being pregnant at Gloucester High this past school year became so intentionally, with the idea of being moms together — and raising the children together.

Sullivan’s the one who pushed the “pact” angle with Time, though. Pay close attention to the blonde woman in the glasses at the beginning of the segment; that’s the mayor of Gloucester, describing her interrogation of Sullivan as to where/when/how he came to believe there was some sort of ex ante pact warranting global media coverage. Exit quotation: “His memory failed.” Hmmm. Click the image to watch.

gloucester.jpg

Comments

Lying tart!!

madmonkphotog on June 24, 2008 at 5:39 PM

The descent.

The_Freeze on June 24, 2008 at 5:39 PM

This publicity is eating at the liberal city and policy.

jencab on June 24, 2008 at 5:41 PM

This interview by Cuomo is pathetic.

He asks if they picked out a name as if there’s no problem here, and help legitimize the acceptance of an unwed teenage mother.

Next, he asks if there was a pact to get pregnant. The skank replies that there wasn’t. And then, a most assinine response by Cuomo, he acts relieved that there wasn’t, so again, hey no problems here, what’s all the fuss about?

What an errant ignoramus.

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Since the world now knows who are these hussies, no aid of any kind should be given to them from any government. If their parents were not speaking out about this “coincidence” this past weekend, they should not have a voice when aid is cut off from the irresponsibility of their parenting.

madmonkphotog on June 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Must be true, she is trust worthy.

Wade on June 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM

OMG, that accent cracks me up!

Chakra Hammer on June 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM

That City Journal piece on this was pretty good. You can give them all the sex ed and birth control you want, but if 15-years old girls want to get pregnant, they will get pregnant.

Vote Sauron 08 on June 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM

The girl in the story was on BC and got pregnant anyway.

Liberal answer is “we need more money for BC.”

And the GMA guy just fawning over these two dipsticks?!

WHATTHEHELLISWRONGWITHPEOPLE!!!!!!!!

catmman on June 24, 2008 at 5:45 PM

I didn’t know the city allowed trailer trash into school.

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 24, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Fox said one “couple” wouldn’t speak unless they got paid.

amerpundit on June 24, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Offers from Dr. Phil in 5…4…3…2…1…

flipflop on June 24, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Hey! This middle-class white girl is not the target of birth control by the leftists. So its not a problem.

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 24, 2008 at 5:47 PM

They really talk like that?

For reals?

LOLZ!!!

PS – And yes, I qualify my statement with the understanding that I’m from Texas and some, uneducated and misguided folks (it’s sad really), think WE talk weird…

catmman on June 24, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Question: What Color were those girls?

Answer: White

Rebuttal: Figures.. Now we know.. :}

Chakra Hammer on June 24, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Chloe Jade….nice.

Seems like the issue of “the pact” is a diversion from the real issue of “the pregnancies”.

Babyarm.

m0nkeyb0y on June 24, 2008 at 5:53 PM

As a student pastor, this whole story breaks my heart. I know some parents and dopey guys I’d like to slap around.

danarchy on June 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Is this the one that let the homeless dude impregnate her?

pseudonominus on June 24, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Wow! Having a baby is so cool! You even get to be on TV and meet Chris Cuomo and stuff!

DelD on June 24, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Jane you ignorant slut.

Warner Todd Huston on June 24, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I hear the girl who hooked up with the homeless guy had a baby shower. She received a Playskool shopping cart, a sample sized bottle of Thunderbird and a little sign that says “will work for teething rings”.

GoodBoy on June 24, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Video: Pregnant Gloucester teen says there was no pact

Amazing…through it all, not a peep from their parents?

byteshredder on June 24, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Another welfare queen in the making. Lucky for her she lives in a state that encourages that kind of thing.

Nahanni on June 24, 2008 at 6:06 PM

…Please, somebody explain. Why is it so important whether these girls made a pact, or didn’t make a pact? Why is this story even in the news?…Seriously, I do not understand..(honest)..

Ben Here on June 24, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Nahanni on June 24, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Free HealthCare.

Chakra Hammer on June 24, 2008 at 6:09 PM

One thing’s for sure: This can ALL be blamed on Juno.

jimmy the notable on June 24, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Hmmm…I remember back in the day, this kind of thing was kind of something to be just a little bit embarrassed about…or maybe just a little bit concerned…

Now you can be on National television, grinning like an idiot…Discussing how this should have been ‘A fond memory’….

I wonder if she’ll still recall it as a fond memory 10 years down the road while she’s working the swing shift at Denny’s….

BigWyo on June 24, 2008 at 6:15 PM

True. Not a pact.

Cliques. The perennial high school social network.

Apparently, this new millennium calls for something other than jocks, freaks or geeks:

Breeders. Under age, under educated, ill prepared, and overly stupid, teen breeders.

So, tell me again when the state’s CPS troopers will march in to these gub’mint schools, and round up all these at risk, under age, breeding teen girls?

Or is this not Texas?

locomotivebreath1901 on June 24, 2008 at 6:16 PM

So treating this one like a friggin’ celebrity is the answer…

geeeeshh!

singlemalt_18 on June 24, 2008 at 6:19 PM

In a small town, many, many teens just decided to get pregnant all on their own?

Absolute B.S.

Weebork on June 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM

I still don’t get the Juno angle that the news keeps referencing.

Just because a movie about teen pregnancy is popular does not mean that it glamorizes teen pregnancy.

I’m about as big of a stick in the mud as you can be and I don’t think Juno is the kind of movie that’s going to get kids to run out and get knocked up. Am I missing something?

JadeNYU on June 24, 2008 at 6:27 PM

The mayor of Gloucester also denied Monday that there was evidence of a pact and blamed the increased number of teen mothers on a lack of health education funding

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

misterpeasea on June 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM

“…ruined what should be a beautiful memory for you.” Are you friggin insane. I have not seen anything on TV as depressing as that in…well…forever maybe. Wrong in so many ways.

Dirthead on June 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM

I’d offer her a pamphlet.
“So You’ve Ruined Your Life”

Coronagold on June 24, 2008 at 6:33 PM

yea, let’s shed some spotlight to them kids. let’s tell the other kids that it is ok to get pregnant and its cool co’z you might be on tv. yea lets do that.

gr8inferno on June 24, 2008 at 6:35 PM

THIS is why 18 year olds and younger should never vote. Brain dead piece of ….whatever. And big surprise, the mayor throws the principal under the bus so she can spout her left wing dope the kids with BC pills mantra.

MNDavenotPC on June 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Those kids on the video are idiots (yes, the boy is 20, but I stand by calling him a kid), and the moron interviewing them is nothing but an enabler. He was not only condoning their behaviour, but outright praising it.

I couldn’t finish the whole thing. I have my brain to protect. I graduated high school in 2000, and I remember 1 girl getting pregnant that I knew personally, and that was at the end of our senior year. Maybe all the other pregnant girls dropped out or aborted, but they were not a common sight. Camden-Wyoming, Delaware is the town where I went to high school (suburb of Dover). I hope things haven’t changed, it’s a great school.

Anna on June 24, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Well, according to Obama there “punishment” will happen in 5 months.

Maybe Obama needs to have a sit down with these young ladies.

jharada on June 24, 2008 at 7:05 PM

I am so glad I brought my girls with me to work in the church nursery with the infants and toddlers, wherein they changed diapers, dealt with crying, played with the endlessly energetic, etc.

I am so glad my girls have a MAN for a father who did whatever it is girls need so they didn’t look to any teenybopper boy or homeless 24-year-old to provide them with “something to love” which in fact will demand all their time, attention, patience and nerve.

These girls haven’t a clue what they’re in for. A more ignorant, uneducated, unprepared bunch there never was in the history of the world.

Mommynator on June 24, 2008 at 7:07 PM

1. What kind of life is the newborn going to have?
2. How old is the mother to be doing this? Where’s all the rape charges on the father?
3. Who’s going to take care of this child and all the things that will ripple down as a result of such stupidity?

It just gets me that all the new things they present in school to educate girls that this crap still happen. If the girl would have been raped in a broom closet she’d be such a big victim and all that, but to run off and hump some dude just to make a baby out of wedlock and everything else, makes me just want to go throw up some place. That doesn’t make you a woman there girlie. It makes you a stupid child creating a child thats going to have so many friggin psycological issues it won’t be funny, let alone the burden on the parents and everyone else.

johnnyU on June 24, 2008 at 7:12 PM

“the drama that’s grown out of what should have been a beautiful memory for you.”

What kind of moron are you, cuomo. She’s a little girl! Don’t you get that you stupid son of an elitist commie. What the hell did you learn in growing up with that ggrrreeeaaattt communicator as a father.
Jees.

peacenprosperity on June 24, 2008 at 7:13 PM

“Chloe-Jade…” Oh my god! could they be any more pretentious and yuppie like!?

Here’s a name for their kid…. BASTARD!

Or better yet, BASTARDO… that way it sounds exotic!

clawjockey on June 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM

I smell a reality show in the making!

Tony737 on June 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM

The stupidity that leaked out of cuomo’s facial orifice was excruciatingly vile.

PappaMac on June 24, 2008 at 7:16 PM

What brilliant young minds.

The dredges of society rise to the top of the media.

Grafted on June 24, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Oh yeah, the two of them need to talk about the lovely McDonalds career future they’ll have. Friggin stupid white trash. Having kids isn’t a fashion statement. Go collect baseball cards ya little punk.

johnnyU on June 24, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Whether or not a pact was made is irrelevant. When I was in school, she would have been considered a slut and be hanging her head in shame instead of appearing on TV.

The interviewer exemplifies the issue when he says this publicity ruined “what should have been a happy memory” WHAT IS HE SMOKING? The liberal crack pipe, thats what.

jman on June 24, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Or better yet, BASTARDO… that way it sounds exotic!

clawjockey on June 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Period…Dot…BINGO!!!!

BigWyo on June 24, 2008 at 7:45 PM

What is with these idiot kids?

Who the hell do they think is going to take care of the infants?

Who is going to pay for their care and upbringing?

THEM? With their 10th grade educations?

Good God.

drjohn on June 24, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Is it taboo to mention that the girls who give it up easiest and choose to keep their babies are the overweight, painted, snotties…? I guess it gives them status as being desirable ‘women’. Geez…! The Liberal cure for ugly-fatness… Spread your legs.

Rugged Individual on June 24, 2008 at 8:05 PM

As long as taxpayers aren’t forced to pay for any aspect of this, then how is it anybody’s business?

Of course financing didn’t get addressed in that lame interview. They focused on a pact. Who cares?

nottakingsides on June 24, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Anna on June 24, 2008 at 6:45 PM

I had the exact same reaction. I stopped after the interviewer alluded to their “beautiful moment” being ruined. Douche.

SouthernDem on June 24, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Well, at least now I have a face to attribute to the bumper sticker that says, “Keep working. Millions on welfare depend on you.

Send_Me on June 24, 2008 at 9:41 PM

I’m 50+ female from small town USA. I just don’t understand most reactions. I was sexually active at 16, used contraceptives until I chose to become pregnant by my husband. I’m no angel, but I wasn’t a slut either. I was and still am a “conscious decision maker”.

My reaction … sad. Just sad for the young people making such bad decisions.

Why is this “News”? Catholic school where contraceptives are not provided upon demand; School nurse resigns because not allowed to provide contraceptives. I didn’t receive contraceptives from my school. I went to the local “health clinic”, told an blatantly obvious lie about my age and paid for the pill using my babysitting money.

Pact or no pact, what is the difference? As a “pact” it got media attention and subsequently our attention.

Agenda? Someone with a problem with the Catholic position on contraceptives which the media is more than willing to advance.

MsDollie on June 24, 2008 at 9:57 PM

“Chloe-Jade…” Oh my god! could they be any more pretentious and yuppie like!?

Here’s a name for their kid…. BASTARD!

Or better yet, BASTARDO… that way it sounds exotic!

clawjockey on June 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Maybe they should just abort the kid?

As you can see, it’s not the kids fault that the parents are idiots..

Chakra Hammer on June 24, 2008 at 10:51 PM

It’s Bush’s fault.

Seriously.

Well, now we know…

Dorvillian on June 25, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Well, like, duh!

km on June 25, 2008 at 12:16 AM

Pact or no pact, you’re still stupid, girl.

No sympathy from me. And don’t expect a baby shower gift from me, either.

(Dang! I waited until I was thirty-three – Yes! 33! – until I finally got pregnant with my first child. What? Is that the age of these girls’ mothers? Would not be surprised!)

newton on June 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM

I’ve been pregnant out of wedlock before…..

With a job and a healthcare plan at a Fortune 500 company, and solid plans in place with the father of the baby to commit to the child and myself—-the commitment to myself having been apparently secured a few weeks before the conception, and the marriage having taken place before the birth. I’ve been a single mom due to divorce before, someone would have to be crazy to do it deliberately.

Sekhmet on June 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Or better yet, BASTARDO… that way it sounds exotic!

Il Bastardo Obeso! Come here wee man!

Sorry. Had a ‘when Mike Myers was kinda funny’ flashback. Good grief, that girl was dumber than a box of rubber dog cr*p. Has someone announced a lawsuit on the school yet? I’m not paying much attention to this story, but it seems like someone needs to pay out some big money to these poor traumatized girls.

austinnelly on June 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Even though you can tell both these two KIDS are really soaking in that 15 minutes of fame with relish, neither of them has a clue as to what is waiting for them just around the corner.

Just another example of the type of quality lifestyle you can expect from a Liberalism Gone Wild state like Massachuetts. I surprised something like this didn’t happen in Vermont first.

pilamaye on June 25, 2008 at 7:22 AM

“One thing’s for sure: This can ALL be blamed on Juno.

jimmy the notable on June 24, 2008 at 6:11 PM”

One more thing’s for sure. If the media’s pushing it, the government wants it. In Ruskie, they have weekend screwfests for the slavs to try their luck at making little ugly ass baby slavs. They get double door refrigerator for first little Ivan and Washer Dryer combo for second. Muslim get bus fare to Azerbaijan. I keed. I keed. Wait, no I don’t.

pc on June 25, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Yes, let’s turn them all into pariahs and drive them to an abortion mill instead. Jackass.

Darth Executor on June 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Okay. I’m now officially interested.

Nonfactor on June 25, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Offers from Dr. Phil in 5…4…3…2…1…

flipflop on June 24, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Dont forget Oprah and Maury. I think they’d be good candidates for the Jerry Springer show.

abcurtis on June 25, 2008 at 9:28 AM

We can stand back and make fun of the misguided girls, their parents, school, and so on. But the fact of the matter is, they have decided to have the babies. In our culture, especially in a socialist democrat state like Massachusetts, they are encouraged to have abortions. Thankfully, for whatever reason, they chose life. Granted, they should have been taught better morals and not get pregnant in the first place. But the deed is done and at least an innocent wont pay with their life for a teen age girl’s stupidity. At least as far as we know. It aint over yet.
And yes, dnarchy, as a minister, I agree with you.

abcurtis on June 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM

One other thing. As Darth Executor said, let’s not make them pariahs and drive them to abortion mills. There’s too much of that now.
These girls need to be shown that even though they messed up, there is still forgiveness. The days of throwing an unwed mother and child out in the blizzard are gone. If, and I stress IF, we are truly a Christian nation, the let’s show some Christian love and help these girls. Their parents and their ministers (if they have one) need to rally around these girls and not condemn them. Maybe somebody might recommend adoption. I know plenty of childless couples who would love to adopt an infant. There are always alternatives to abortion.
The fathers of these babies should be found and held accountable for their children. The boys probably arent much more than children themselves, but they have taken on adult responsibility. The girls should not be held accountable alone – it takes two to make a baby.

abcurtis on June 25, 2008 at 9:43 AM

My reaction … sad. Just sad for the young people making such bad decisions.

MsDollie on June 24, 2008 at 9:57 PM

I’m with you, MsDollie. There are too many Pharisees willing to take them out and stone them. As one who has made bad decisions myself (let’s see a show of hands of those who have never made a bad decision… ok – I thought so) I find myself in sympathy with the girls for not having the good sense to wait, wait until they get an education or a skill, or a husband to help out. Stupidity is it’s own malady.

abcurtis on June 25, 2008 at 9:53 AM

What is with these idiot kids?

Who the hell do they think is going to take care of the infants?

Who is going to pay for their care and upbringing?

THEM? With their 10th grade educations?

Good God.

drjohn on June 24, 2008 at 7:57 PM

That’s the problem – nobody was thinking.

abcurtis on June 25, 2008 at 9:57 AM

That’s because the schools all teach relativism now. There was a time when the schools backed up the parents and vice versa. But now we live in a non-judgmental age. How dare we judge these girls?(I’m being sarcastic) Every person does what is right in their own eyes because that is what is being taught. Nobody is allowed to judge right from wrong now. People like “judge not lest ye be judged.” That’s the only scripture they know and that’s out of context. In an earlier post I mentioned how some of us are like Pharisees judging the prostitute. They had no right to judge her because they were guilty of the same thing of which they accused her.
Whenever people use Matthew 7:1 out of context, they always leave out John 8:10, 11:

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

That’s the key – learn from your mistakes and go and sin no more. It is the actions of the girls that should be judged not the girls. How long do we hold those deeds against them before we forgive? The rest of their lives? What will that accomplish?
My point is this – the deed is done. There is no place for condemnation. While we do not have to condone out of wedlock children, neither to we have to call them bastards. Our responsibility is to see the same thing does not happen again.

abcurtis on June 25, 2008 at 10:15 AM

In Ruskie, they have weekend screwfests for the slavs to try their luck at making little ugly ass baby slavs. pc on June 25, 2008 at 8:35 AM

That is very offensive to this Slavic woman. I humbly ask AP to look into this matter.

Anna on June 25, 2008 at 11:28 AM

I think the best way to deal with this issue is to hop on the Internet and spew some vitriol all over a group of minors. After all, nothing motivates teens to carefully consider the consequences of their actions like derision from a bunch of random keyboard jockeys.

Further, I’m sure the unborn children will be very much uplifted by having access to a written account of dozens of people mocking their mothers. It’s like having a little spittle-flecked derision preserved in amber – a present for later!

Please people. The deed is done. There’s no good in ranting about it now and a lot of potential harm to be done.

I’m all for discussing ways to change behavior for the future, but now’s the time to cut out the high moral dudgeon and get on with the business of helping kids sort out a difficult situation.

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 25, 2008 at 4:39 PM