Disgrace: Beckel blames right-wing “crackers” for his own Michelle Obama smearmongering

posted at 3:48 pm on June 16, 2008 by Allahpundit

We’re egregiously late on this story, I know, but I wanted to build on LGF’s and MM’s posts by putting Beckel’s statements then and now side by side in a single clip. It’s no exaggeration to say that, except for Larry Johnson himself, no one on the left did more to perpetuate the Michelle Obama “whitey” nonsense then Beckel taking to the air on “Fox & Friends” a few weeks ago to say how worried he was about it. You’ll find that footage in the second half here. Do note how credulous he is, and how he takes pains to say that he’s hearing it from multiple sources, quite in contrast to his slimy, self-righteous insistence in last night’s segment that he was all about the debunkery. It’ll live forever on YouTube, Bob. Good work.

This leaves us with how many Fox News Democrats who are still watchable? KP, Juan Williams, and maybe Estrich in very small doses? Two and a half, then. Super.

Update: Sevenload’s a tiny bit glitchy for me at the moment. If you’re having problems, watch it at YouTube.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

It must be swell to live without a shame bone.

ronsfi on June 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Sorry, AP; Powers has gone into full-bore shill mode. That and after her disgusting article in which she claimed that McCains POW service makes him less capable when combined with his age, I can’t stand to watch her anymore.

Just you wait- she’ll be jumping on the “conservative bloggers spread the ‘whitey’ rumor” bandwagon any day now.

Hollowpoint on June 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Off topic, but KP… hot dem…

bernzright777 on June 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM

BECKEL: Well, I’ll tell ya what. Let these crackers and right-wingers prove it before they put it, before they come out…

Nice! I wonder if he actually know what “cracker” actually means or is he just being a complete jerk and playing some Obama wannabe talking down to the disgruntled workers of small towns.

This leaves us with how many Fox News Democrats who are still watchable?

If you want to concider them watchable… I sure won’t.

upinak on June 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Beckel and the dems are pushing this story… why are they so worried about it?

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Hollowpoint on June 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM

I agree, the women is just a ticking time bomb.

upinak on June 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Beckel was the guy shouting from the rooftops that all his friends saw it and said it was going to be rough on Barack and the sort. I took his word about this over the rest because I figured, why would be want to screw Obama, but he might have just been hittin the old teddy sauce.

Rbastid on June 16, 2008 at 4:00 PM

It’s odd that the dems are the ones that can’t leave this thing alone.

I’m beginning to think there actually is a tape out there, and they are just doing the standard pre-news damage control by pointing at the ‘conservative bloggers.

cntrlfrk on June 16, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Isn’t The Obamassiah for a new kind of politics? He will denounce this guy, right?

rbj on June 16, 2008 at 4:02 PM

It must be a real pain for lots of these pundits on television having to live with video records of their statements. Bob must wish for the good ol’ days when these goldurn bloggers didn’t pay such close attention to what he actually says.

MadisonConservative on June 16, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Beckel and the dems being so worried about it make the story appear to be true.. (like they are feeling and acting guilty, and now Beckel is now using words like Cracker to try and desensitize the public or something..)

—–

Absent any evidence i won’t believe it..

I still think Both Barack and Michelle think to much about their race… (I would think that of a white person that went to an ALL WHITE Church that preached White Liberation Theology)

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Rush had a field day on this today. He isn’t all that happy and he does have audio and video to give the truth. Don’t mess with Rush, he won’t give in to anyone who says he lies.
L

letget on June 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM

cntrlfrk on June 16, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Also, the “cracker” word to desensitize the public since that word is probably harsher than “whitey”???

who knows… i really don’t care about it, why they seem so concerned about it, really makes it appear to be true.

Ish.

(They also blamed the Republicans for Michelle saying “this is the first time in my life that i’m proud of my country”)

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Clearly Fox should fire him. He used their airtime to spread a smear, and now he’s using their airtime to lie about it and to blame the smear on others for referencing what he said.

jl on June 16, 2008 at 4:11 PM

What about Dick Morris? He’s always good for some anti-Clinton schtick.

Beckel is just disheartening.

VolMagic on June 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Huh. It’s almost like they’re trying to craft a unified message or something.

Nah…I’m sure it’s just an innocent mistake on everyone’s part. Nothing to see here!

Slublog on June 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM

So now we see their gambit. Float out a false rumour, make it enticing, seemingly accurate, let the right wing media run with it (MSM won’t even if it is true)…then hang the right wing media for perpetuating what they began.
And Obama states how terrible it is that his wife, how angry he is, that his wife is being dragged through the mud.
Fool me one, shame on you…fool me twice shame on me.

right2bright on June 16, 2008 at 4:17 PM

My…ahem…”crackerness” (no offense) has been greatly exaggerated.

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 4:19 PM

My…ahem…”crackerness” (no offense) has been greatly exaggerated.

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 4:19 PM

baldilocks, you’re part “cracker” you should be deeply offended. As I am. :}

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:22 PM

People who wear suspenders with a tie are just plain stupid.
Dan Rather, Larry King, this a$$wipe and a host of others.

redrock on June 16, 2008 at 4:24 PM

How come Beckel can use the Racist “C” Word on TV and not get fired?

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Obama and his Democrat cohorts like Beckel certain have an interesting definition of “post-racial.”

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Let’s ban the C-word! If crackers like Beckel would only stop using it! Have some self-respect, all you crackers, and stop calling one another crackers!

Akzed on June 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM

she probably said cracker too, and BB is definitely trying to soften us up to it

max1 on June 16, 2008 at 4:29 PM

So I guess by his own standards, Bob Beckel is a “cracker”.

SoulGlo on June 16, 2008 at 4:30 PM

baldilocks, you’re part “cracker” you should be deeply offended. As I am. :}

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:22 PM

How are you?

It’s always offensive when someone uses racial slurs in the manner that Beckel has–whether I have any of the specified DNA or not.

A certain regular poster here–a white person I believe–used the phrase “white trash” in a similar manner the other day, for which she should be banned. The term is racist; putting down both whites and blacks. But I don’t make the rules around here.

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Akzed on June 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Down with the C-Word… >:D

And the W-Word.. (Whitey)

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM

So I guess by his own standards, Bob Beckel is a “cracker”.
SoulGlo on June 16, 2008 at 4:30 PM

On what basis have you concluded that Beckel has standards?

Akzed on June 16, 2008 at 4:35 PM

This is the first of what I expect to be many efforts to marginalize the cnservative blogosphere in this campaign. Democrats are desperate not to have any “Dan Rather moments” this year and they are trying to preemptively smear conservative bloggers and talk radio so we can’t nail them on anything the way we did with Dan Rather. I suspect they may be plang another Dan Ratehr-type attack on John McCain, but they ned to make sure we can’t debunk it right away like we did with the TANG memos. One way to do that is to be able to say over and over again “you can’t listen to those guys (and gals) — they are the ones who kept talking about the Michelle Obama tape that never existed. They are not credible.”

We’ll see if it works. Hard to blame them for trying, I guess. We did totally screw up their strategy for beating Bush in 2004.

rockmom on June 16, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I concider myself a Ritz cracker actually.

Buttery, Fluffy, and you can put spreadables on me.

upinak on June 16, 2008 at 4:39 PM

letget on June 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM

The lumbering leviathan of political levity spent the first forty five minutes of his daily wingnut gum bumping session this morning; trying to play Pontius Pilate and wash his chubby soiled hands of any bigoted remarks he supposedly “only repeated, what others said first” concerning “Michelle my belle” on his radio show last week.

Doesn’t wash with me Rotund One…!

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 4:39 PM

Tool.

MarkJudge on June 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM

rockmom on June 16, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Oh heck they are going to blame Bush even years after wards. They aren’t right in the head.

upinak on June 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM

baldilocks, i had a very long response typed out about the word “white trash” however..

I’m tired of talking about racial stuffs.. UUUnnnggg..

It gets tiresome after a short while.. this election cycle is teh sux.

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM

All this cracker talk is making me hungry.

Cheez-Whiz anyone?

hillbillyjim on June 16, 2008 at 4:51 PM

‘I shit pieces of guys tougher than you, pal.”
– Frankie

mojo on June 16, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Beckel = Pfleger

“This is not the Bob Beckel that I knew…..”

PappaMac on June 16, 2008 at 4:55 PM

The suspenders must be reducing the blood flow to his brain.

MB007 on June 16, 2008 at 4:56 PM

KP, Juan Williams, ???

And KP?
That is SURELY NOT the KP we used to know. She’s barely watchable.

shooter on June 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Ya’ll are too thin skinned ’round here. What’s offensive about Beckel’s tactics here isn’t the words he used, but the fact that he thinks we’re all stupid enough to fall for his tricks.

And from some of the comments, ya’ll are hyperventilating over the wrong things.

Ms. Baldilocks (4:33) I would ask you to reconsider your position on the racist insults stuff. The people who [would, do, are] use[ing] that tactic do so just to stir up trouble.

The question is, why do you permit them to get you all stirred up. Like some of the comments on some of the other threads where the subject of the post is a female, good looking or not, the agents provocateur start posting comments about what they would like to do to said female solely to discredit said female, or this blog.

Think of the generic insult the same way the ‘typical’ New Yorker thinks of the eff bomb. Kinda like short hand. Its not that they are trying to insult you, they are trying to intimidate you.

rockhauler on June 16, 2008 at 4:59 PM

BO says this is not the Bob Beckel he knows. And how does this help Michelle’s children? It’s just more distractions.

Sefton on June 16, 2008 at 4:59 PM

hillbillyjim on June 16, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Is it Pepper Jack?

upinak on June 16, 2008 at 5:03 PM

I got hopping mad when I heard his rant and couldn’t believe that Bret let him ramble on and on with his lies!

He actually said that Right Wing Bloggers have come out with these type of outrageous tactics (as if!) and he basically just shook his head back and forth as he said it to emphasize his lie.

Domino on June 16, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Wow, you know, sometimes I actually like Beckel (at least compared to some of the other regular Dems on FNC), but this performance gives new meaning to the word “douche”. What a disgraceful SOB.

RightWinged on June 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM

rockhauler on June 16, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Perhaps. When it’s a joke–a funny one–I’m less uptight about such things. This person wasn’t joking, however, and neither is Beckel. They’re using the terminology to condescend, divide and to kiss up to Obama and to their idea of blacks and how all of us allegedly view whites. They want to separate themselves from the “bad whites,” i.e. those who don’t want to see Obama become president.

Call it Pflegerism.

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Don’t forget, this is the same Beckel who sank into prostitution a few years ago and wanted his name kept out of the scandal when it blew up in his face. Sound familiar? Hit-n-run Beckel is just another in the pantheon of complete libtard lowlifes. All his “predictions” have been wrong and he’s spent the past 6 months insisting that there would be a dream ticket of Obama and HRC–absolutely, he told us. Wrong again. Beckel is the same hit-n-run doofus who set up the Dem’s Superdelegate system and now stands around while others plug up the dyke he constructed out of cheap cronyism.

Western_Civ on June 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Does that make Bob Beckel a “right winged cracker?”

EJDolbow on June 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Call it Pflegerism.

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 5:17 PM

That’s kinda my point.

How is that different from a typical politician going to a special interest group and pandering for votes? Tell’m what they want to hear, ask for money, then stab’m in the back later. Is that not as insulting as a racist slur? At least the racist is being honest; he doesn’t like you, and wants you to know it.

I can live with someone who hates me to my face, but living with a knife in your back is plain uncomfortable.

(presuming said hater is just spewing hot air, and isn’t really trying to kill me, eh?)

rockhauler on June 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM

I’m just glad Beckel’s a Dem-O-rat. When he’s on TV, he fills the whole screen! /Sarcasm

byteshredder on June 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM

rockhauler on June 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM

eh..

It’s a lot easier when you can clearly identify your enemy…

The surreptitious or clandestine racists are teh suckyest ones.. :}

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 5:52 PM

I’m a Neo-Libertarian, and I like Bob Beckel. The only problem is someone needs to tell him it’s not his daddy’s democratic party anymore. It’s been hijacked by marxist “environmentalist” nutjobs who want change, as in the destruction of liberty and freedom in lieu of government control…………communist government that is………

adamsmith on June 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM

adamsmith on June 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I’m a Neo-Libertarian also(I like the term Republitarian better), and Beckel screwed up on this..(he’s usually not as bad as most Democrats however.. , he’s in bed with them, so he has their stink all over him)

Chakra Hammer on June 16, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I am not a cracker. I am a Crisp Baked Saltine-American!

Get it right!

Sekhmet on June 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Geraldo Beckel Yea ! ! That’s the ticket. It was his
evil twin Geraldo Beckel that started the rumor.

Texyank on June 16, 2008 at 6:26 PM

That’s kinda my point.

rockhauler on June 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Yeah. And my point was that it’s not harmless namecalling. (Yeah, I didn’t spell this out.)

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Call it Pflegerism.

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Oooh, nice one!

surrounded on June 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM

baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I don’t think we’re disagreeing here, and I don’t think either of us is failing to understand the points being made. But it appears we are both clinging to our chosen point of view.

You want the last word? (Ah’ll be back.)

rockhauler on June 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Sekhmet on June 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Sekhmet, you’re an Egyptian goddess or my Momma taught me wrong?

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Mr. Beckel or any other person is welcome to call me any names they like. They don’t have to power to insult me. The thing that I thought was really odd about this whole thing is that I had been following the rumor on LGF for a while. They always attributed the story (including links) to a Mr. Larry Johnson and they always completely doubted it was true. When I tell you I listen to the radio all day long, I am not kidding, and I wondered why I wasn’t hearing anything about the rumor. That is until Mr. Beckel talked about it on Fox and Friends, which I actually saw live. I just attributed it to the fact that he was a Hillary supporter despite his reluctance to say who he favored. It would seem to me that he’ll have a little trouble playing this off, he has heard of video hasn’t he?

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2008 at 8:14 PM

MarkJudge on June 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Is…”Tool” somethin’ like “Michelle my belle”…?

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Off topic, but KP… hot dem…

bernzright777 on June 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Forget it, she only sleeps with Democrats.

And from what I can tell, she’s kinda silly and shallow. I know Allah’s got a crush, but it ain’t her brain he’s lusting after.

misterpeasea on June 16, 2008 at 8:29 PM

MarkJudge on June 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM

My thought would be…

“Tool” is a strawman, and…

“Michelle by belle” is a red herring…?
You say!

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Hey Allah,

I TRIED –
I was watching that episode and I posted about Beckel’s little announcement here at hotair(on another thread)right after he finished talking. I did need to take two minutes to pick my jaw up off the floor.

ragnell

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Rbastid on June 16, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I still think that this whole scenaro might have been cooked up for the purpose of undermining the credibility of the conservative blogs. Beckel made a point of announcing it on Fox..so who gets blamed?– Fox..

Because he’s the one that gets to speak on Fox–a conservative media news source.

Johnson blogged about it for weeks and who gets blamed?–bloggers..
and then its easy to preface “bloggers” with the word “conservative”.

A half lie is easier to swallow.

Rags

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Huh? I didn’t take the term “Crackers” to mean anything racist…but rather “nuts”. Like they’re cracking up. Calling them crackers as in white didn’t even fit the context.

By the way, Kirsten Powers is so hot, I’d probably watch her toss kittens into meat grinders. I’d just try to avert that part from my view.

TheBlueSite on June 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM
“…Did any other democratic media spokesperson announce the rumor on another station? Why Only This particular democratic operative?”

The lumbering leviathan of political levity said… “Pump Úp the Vallum” last week.

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 9:17 PM

I am not a cracker. I am a Crisp Baked Saltine-American!
Get it right!
Sekhmet on June 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

A Trisket? a Carr Wafer? BBQ Nachos?
Oh dear, I’m having an identity crises

rags

Call it Pflegerism.
baldilocks on June 16, 2008 at 5:17 PM

You nailed it. I’ve always associated the term with certain types of people who use it to villify Appalachian and southern people, with the purpose of devaluing their culture and values. Which made for a moment of irony watching Bob Beckel(who likes to style himself as pro-blue-collar, a man of the people) turn about and use elite-speak to disparage bloggers.

It’s also an attempt to connect the word “cracker” or “hick” or “Redneck” and all their assorted stereotypes with the conservative bloggers. In other words, “don’t listen to those ignorant,racist people”

I watched the whole discussion, and was stunned that the Other fox analysts(such as Bret Barr) did not give a decent rebuttal. One of them sputtered something, but no one apparently knew the whole story, or if they did, they weren’t able to articulate a response. Fox needs to get its act together.

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM

“…A Trisket? a Carr Wafer? BBQ Nachos?
Oh dear, I’m having an identity crises
Rags”

Hey Rags, I got first “dibs” on “Sekhmet”… I referred to her as a Egyptian goddess!

“…I watched the whole discussion, and was stunned …”

Interesting, very interesting…”stunned”!
the usage of the verb stunned!

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 9:51 PM

and this should bother me because..?

the usage of the verb stunned!

It must be a generational thing

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 9:59 PM

“…oh! lol- Ragnell is a literary name from Chaucer, and the charecter is female, like me.”

I always conjured that was a possibility.
I must pay more respect to my lucid dreams.

It’s not generational, it’s phenomenal.

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 9:59 PM

I could recommend a reading…

“Lucid Dreaming”…Steyphen LaBerge, Ph.D.

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM

CRACKER

OneEyedJack on June 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM

I wish I was a Cracker.

I am sort of a Whitey which makes me someone who can pass for Honkey

I am not a Wasp so that makes me some kind of low down North American Whitey Honkey

I look in the mirror every day and say: Honkey, You look good today. Hope no one finds out you are a poor excuse for a Honkey.

Beckel is not a Cracker either. Or is he a self-hating Cracker disguised as a political pundit?

entagor on June 16, 2008 at 11:14 PM

J_Gocht on June 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Remarkable. I stopped in for some political discussion and Sir Galahad showed up.

rags

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM

All this Dem to do about the possible “smearing” of Michelle Obama is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. It just makes the charge inevitable(and more fun!)

jeanie on June 16, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Bob Beckel was supposed to have found Jesus after his prostitution scandal. I guess bearing false witness is too ingrained in a democrat’s DNA.

If Cal Thomas does not very publicly disassociate with this bald faced liar I am not sure who to trust in their business.

MoCoM on June 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM

MONDALE 84′ BOB!

mondale 84′

Teddy on June 17, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Michelle is having a discussion with Bob Beckel on Fox right now about something unrelated to the Cracker comment.

She has resisted the temptation to stray off topic so far…

forest on June 17, 2008 at 8:22 AM

Well, she couldn’t resist a little jab in the end.

Beckel had to admit that he doesn’t blame “right wing bloggers” for the high price of gasoline.

forest on June 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Sir Galahad, indeed.

That was very nice of you…I think?

J_Gocht on June 17, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Time has changed its article to pin the tail on Larry Johnson.

Meanwhile over at Times comment section at Swampland, the spinmasters are in full cry. One pro-Hillary comment had some interesting accusations. Note the timeline information on when the rumor first appeared. It’s always so very interesting to watch the Hillary and Obama supporters “out” their opponent’s campaign tactics.

“. According to you quoting THEM, Obama claims the rumor started on the internet in the end of May from a pro HIllary blogger, Larry Johnson. But then Michelle Obama acknowledges she was already asked about the rumor in April. HEEELLLOOOO Then the rumors started getting back in midMay and they questioned Michelle a 2nd time about the possibility of the rumor. Both of those dates are different than the end of May discussing the rumor on Larry Johnson’s site, No Quarterusa.net NOWWWW, even worse is Obama is trying to claim no tape exists, but when Larry Johnson first acknowledged the story, Obama had his bloggers on wide scale messaging. Except their first instructions were, get this, “the tape in question does not have Michelle saying ‘Whitey’, it has Michelle saying …priceless….’why’d he’ AND, WORSE, they actually gave sample phrases of how one may write it themself, how “we” might saying it…”why did he”, and then how Michelle Obama actually supposedly said it, ie “why’d he”…..NO JOKE. I know Booman is on the payroll and posted this first……then it started appearing everywhere, because, as we know, Obama didn’t just start paying supporters to go to his events early in the days of New Hampshire[say what?-rags], he’s been paying bloggers to guise themself as a neutral/pro Obama volunteer blogger[what a surprise-rags]………NOT.”

Ragnell on June 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM

That was very nice of you…I think?

Normally, I’m always nice–unless I am seriously provoked

I like to debate, however, and there are some who don’t consider pointing out weaknesses in an argument as “nice”.
To which, I would reply: “Nice” does not equate “passive”

rags

Ragnell on June 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Ragnell on June 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM

So it all boils down to the ageless question…What do women want?

Lo the answer may be this…

“Wommen desire to have sovereinetee
As wel over hir housbonde as hir love,
And for to be en in maistrye him above.” (Chaucer, 139, ll, 1044-1046).

Yet finally it is determined….

“Women desire sovereinte; for that is their liking;
And that is ther moste desire;
To have the rewlle of the manliest men,
And then ar they welle, thus they me did ken,
To rule men. (Anonymous)

“Finally bothe the knights and their ladies live happily evermore… “ [for] happiness, which comes as [a] direct result of granting sovereignty, or power in the relationship to the women [that they love].”

One is never to olde to learn something new…!

J_Gocht on June 17, 2008 at 8:40 PM

J_Gocht on June 17, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Ragnell (or Ragnelle) also appears in The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnell. [No author known]

Whereupon, she gives Gawain the option to choose

170
And then bespake him gentle Gawaine,
Said, “Lady, thats but a skill:
And because thou art my owne lady,
Thou shalt have all thy will.”

Then she said, “Blesed be thou gentle Gawain,
This day that I thee see,
For as thou see me att this time,
From hencforth I wil be

(so, perhaps, I merely have a good sense of humor)

rags

Ragnell on June 18, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Ragnell on June 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Ragnell on June 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Ragnell on June 18, 2008 at 1:12 AM

I would agree too them all…exemplary in debate, intellectually aggressive with a fine sense of humor.

I also might add, well written.

J_Gocht on June 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM