Video: Kanjorski gets testy when confronted about Dems’ Iraq deception

posted at 4:27 pm on June 11, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Freedom’s Watch. First came the admission that their midterm posturing about stopping the war was nonsense; then came the credit-seeking celebration of that fact, as it was only the Democrats’ impotence that made the security gains of the surge possible; and now comes the obligatory, post-viral lament that he was taken out of context. He’s really on a roll, isn’t he? The hand on the camera lens is an especially nice touch.

Comments

What a cretin.

Blacklake on June 11, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I bet the DEMS are so proud of him. Grrr.

Oink on June 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM

There’s gotta to be a good Twain quote for that guy.

gmoonster on June 11, 2008 at 4:35 PM

This is our government.

*sigh*

MadisonConservative on June 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM

More please.

Merovign on June 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM

denydenydenydenydenydeny…

jgapinoy on June 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM

We pay his damn salary. UGH!

sheesh on June 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Politicians are scum.

Jaibones on June 11, 2008 at 4:39 PM

I bet the DEMS are so proud of him. Grrr.

Oink on June 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Probably truer than you think.

Harpoon on June 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM

In the iPhone era, why “quote” someone when you can play the bloody video right in their face?

No more “taken out of context,” here’s you in living color, you pompous pinstriped weasel.

Next stop: Murtha.

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM

There’s gotta to be a good Twain quote for that guy.

gmoonster on June 11, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Try this on for size:

…I never can think of Judas Iscariot without losing my temper. To my mind Judas Iscariot was nothing but a low, mean, premature, Congressman.
- “Foster’s Case”, New York Tribune, 3/10/1873

trubble on June 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM

I wll be so happy to see this jerk replaced by a real American hero, Lou Barletta!!!

rockmom on June 11, 2008 at 4:45 PM

The bus is coming round the mountain,
Here it comes!
The bus is coming round the mountain,
Here it comes!

(continue chorus)

Limerick on June 11, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I bet the DEMS are so proud of him. Grrr.

Oink on June 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM

You were being sarcastic, the problem is…they are proud of him, no one will denounce what he said or did.

right2bright on June 11, 2008 at 4:48 PM

citizen journalism
-cell phone video
-video editing software
-and the internet…

…Oh November is gonna be a WONDERFUL time!!!

scottm on June 11, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Arrogant douchebag.

What else did you expect?

Kanjorski – District 11
Murtha – District 12

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on June 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM

I was wondering if we’d ever get an update on this guy. Thanks HotAir!

Tony737 on June 11, 2008 at 4:53 PM

The mayor of Hazelton PA Lou Barletta is running against this clown.

Campaign site

Might be a worthy cause to support.

mred on June 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Hey Kanjorski, put your helmet on because dollars to doughnuts some version of this will be the next political ad fired at your sorry butt.

moxie_neanderthal on June 11, 2008 at 4:56 PM

There’s gotta to be a good Twain quote for that guy.

gmoonster on June 11, 2008 at 4:35 PM

“A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape.”

“A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.”

Shy Guy on June 11, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Oh how I pray that Brit Hume picks this up for The Political Grapevine, by tomorrow if not today… and then O’Reilly takes it really mainstream. Evil SOBs. The only thing I’m curious about, though, is why it turns in to the Paris Hilton video at the end?

RightWinged on June 11, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Next stop: Murtha.

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM

You bet! I just love seeing the veins bulge and Murtha slobbering all over himself.

Rovin on June 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM

I guess eventually people will have to tote around laptops or ipods or something to show these people video of their own words

apollyonbob on June 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM

This person is the poster-boy for corrupt politicians. He’s human bile as far as I am concerned.

Claypigeon on June 11, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Flip Wilson’s Reverend Leroy of the CHURCH of WHAT’s HAPPENING NOW:

A LIE is as good as the truth, if you can get someone to BELIEVE IT

I think it applies

originalpechanga on June 11, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Who is the woman in the video? Look how big her eyes get when he starts to quote the Senator. She doesn’t know whether to stand with him or back away.

Bicyea on June 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM

…I just can’t count the ways that I am so grateful for the new media.

Ok: TWENTY BILLION ways. Something along those lines.

He’s right too: Anyone who was an astute viewer of politics would know it was a bunch of horse hockey they were shoveling to their clueless electorate.

“We’ll end both the war and corruption! F&%k Bush!”

“…Ok not really. Thanks though!”

DAAAARRRRrrrrrrump!

Oy

ChipDWood on June 11, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Bicyea on June 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM

She’s a syncophant, hanging on to the coattails of someone powerful. She’s a nobody. But strangely enough, there’s a moment when the Senator looks to her, as if to say, “what’s going on here? I’m important, aren’t I?” It was priceless.

They are both part of a dying teetering system that is going the way of the dinosaur due to the new media.

JiangxiDad on June 11, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Crank.

He’s busted and he knows it.

I see many people now adopt this behavior when they are stone cold wrong and presented with the proof. They get indignant, aggressive, irrational and confrontational. They are afraid their power and privilege will be usurped.

So they throw a fit to avoid having to say they were wrong.

Ego and pride. Nasty things they are. Ego and pride.

It’s a sign of weakness and deep character flaw. He never should have been in the position of leadership or governance of people in the first place.

We need to have even closer scrutiny of our elected officials, especially the local ones. They should be required to display competence, leadership, and governance skills before they are allowed to run for office, much like any other job where the employer requires an applicant to take tests and exams to prove they can perform the functions of the job.

Might weed out some of them from the start. And save us from the childish displays we just watched in that video.

Et tu Brute on June 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Saw it with Murtha and Reid et.al. VERY typical among Senators. I can barely stand any of those fake waxed dummies.

They warn us of an “imperial” Presidency. I’d say we have an “imperial” Senate. Out with the lot.

JiangxiDad on June 11, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Is this the same guy outed by Chris Wallace and Greg Jarrett this past weekend in their “Earmarks” report…I could be mistaken, but I think this is the guy who funnelled about $10 million to a family business that has just gone bankrupt, with no assets.

Blaise on June 11, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Comrade Democrats are going to have big problems in the 21st youtube century. It was fine when the drive-by parrot could make it so, but now the drive-by parrot can’t do much except feed the ignorant. As more people get their news online, the parrot will just roll over.

tarpon on June 11, 2008 at 5:37 PM

I love it, you quote them word for word, and they still deny they said it. I guess Clinton does have HIS legacy after all. I guess it’s better than a stained dress.

Everyone, minus the MSM tools, knew this was what they wanted. They are just too incompetent to get the job done.

I love seeing them get their rears handed to them on a plate.

jdsmith0021 on June 11, 2008 at 5:53 PM

“A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.”

Shy Guy on June 11, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I like that, is that a Twain quote?

abinitioadinfinitum on June 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM

apollyonbob on June 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM

I agree, that should be done. Unfortunately these guys would just slam the lid shut.

ORrighty on June 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM

That’s just one look into the Belly of the Beast that is our ‘government’. The old elitist twit should retire before he pops a blood vessel in his gray matter. But, he won’t.

That aide looks terrified, like the conservatives were going to assault her. Cowards all.

Christine on June 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM

It was satire

Wade on June 11, 2008 at 6:10 PM

What a dissapointing person. That quote was correct word for word.

Dr. Manhattan on June 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM

I’d go to the police, and see if I could get them to charge the guy with battery. Bet that’d make his day.

Virus-X on June 11, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Hmmm … note that Judge Alex Kozinski didn’t get testy when confronted with the interesting contents of his web site.

corona on June 11, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I think that ‘citizen’ journalists should start using hidden cameras and see if they can catch more absurdity when the politicians don’t realize that there is a camera filming the conversation.

TDBURN on June 11, 2008 at 8:02 PM

It was satire

Wade on June 11, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Botched joke defense?

Works (heh) for Kerry, I suppose.

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 9:18 PM

He has to go, but the people of Wilkes Barre/Scranton are too GD stupid to do it. At least my Dem rep is not a dishonest piece of crap, he’s just a socialist. Oh yeah, that’s MUCH better, isn’t it?

RWLA on June 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM

His statement should be played on speakers outside the building as he comes and goes to work.

p40tiger on June 11, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I’d have all sorts of fun with this… First, I’d call the police and press charges for assault. Second, I’d make as many copies of this video as I could and deliver them to ever Republican Congressman and sympathetic Democratic Congressman I could find. Third, I’d take another few copies to every local news organization I could find.
Good work, buddy.

Send_Me on June 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM

I like that, is that a Twain quote?

abinitioadinfinitum on June 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM

WikiQuote: Mark Twain. Handy site. :)

Shy Guy on June 12, 2008 at 1:43 AM

Typical White Democrat

Kini on June 12, 2008 at 2:00 AM

We’re gonna need a bigger tree, and some more rope

Viper1 on June 12, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Next stop: Murtha.

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I was thinking the very same thing. Basically every phone out there, and certainly any smartphone, can EASILY play a video of this scumbag’s original speech to stuff a sock in his bold faced LIES.

Or maybe the old man needs to up his ginko biloba intake to help boost memory function.

MannyT-vA on June 12, 2008 at 8:28 AM