Reid goes there: McCain’s “explosive” temper makes him unfit to serve

posted at 5:20 pm on June 11, 2008 by Allahpundit

He’s been going there since early February, in fact, although the frequency with which he’s hammering this point has picked up over the last month as the left’s begun to reorient towards the general election. I’m not surprised they’d push a meme this ugly or stupid, implicitly premised as it is on the idea that McCain might be so deranged from his POW captivity that he’d actually start a war or launch some nukes in a fit of anger. I am, however, surprised that they’d task Reid with doing it, and so early. Makes me wonder if Jake Tapper wasn’t right this morning in reading a subtle attack on McCain’s age into Kerry’s and Susan Rice’s criticism of him as being “confused” about Iraq. The talking point writ large: McCain’s unstable. Why, just ask his Senate colleagues! Exit question recycled from this post: If his temper’s uncontrollable, how has he managed to control it in public without one slip-up during 15 months of grueling campaigning?

Update: Who’s confused?

Comments

Is this the same democrat a*hole who said that “this war(in Iraq) is lost?

Yeah.

wise_man on June 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Well yeah. Reid’s probably right. I’d say the combination of his temper and stubborness should probably disqualify him from ever becoming POTUS.

Zetterson on June 11, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Reid speaks, rocks move up on the intellectual ladder.

fogw on June 11, 2008 at 5:24 PM

I could be wrong (I’m not), but isn’t age discrimination one of the list of minority classes that is listed in anti-discrimination laws?

Age, sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Now the left thinks it’s OK to discriminate against the elderly?

Well, it must be OK to discriminate against BO for his race, then.

Right, lefties?

Good Lt on June 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Does anyone pay this idiot any attention? I can’t believe the good citizens of NV elected this clown. Has NV experienced an large influx of Libs from CA? Mark Levin described the migration of Libs out of the states they have destroyes to new targets as “locusts”. Apt.

DerKrieger on June 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Hahahahah Good Lord, they’re gonna recycle that again? As annoyed as I am with McCain on immigration and domestic oil drilling, his temperament doesn’t worry me much.

funky chicken on June 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Please run for Senate again Reid, your defeat will be the end of your poltical career.

Theworldisnotenough on June 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Pot, meet Kettle.

Et tu Brute on June 11, 2008 at 5:26 PM

yeah, and Dutch Reagan was the ‘fascist gun in the west’ too according to the libbies. yawn. even the donks tune out the esteemed majority leader from sin city.

DrW on June 11, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Keep talkin’, Harry. It’s all good when it comes out of your mouth.

a capella on June 11, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Oh, Please!

Don’t tell me Reid didn’t blow a gasket when he had his a** ripped and handed back to him by Rush!

newton on June 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM

WOW, Comrade Reid is getting his panties in a twit … I wonder how the land scam is going if you want to talk about fitness.

tarpon on June 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Will Reid throw Harry “&%?#@*!!” Truman under the bus for his temper?

jgapinoy on June 11, 2008 at 5:35 PM

What EXACTLY make a leader of Barack Mr. Reid?

originalpechanga on June 11, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Let “don’t-drill-in-Anwar” “cap and trade” McCain defend himself.

Maverick don’t need nobody’s help.

JiangxiDad on June 11, 2008 at 5:36 PM

If we were to isolate Reid’s attributes, it would be impossible not to draw the conclusion that Maverick’s temper is justified having to share the same air with such incompetent, lame-brained, bitchy and weak examples of modern day manhood.

Reid’s idea of rage is when he gets damp and needs to take two Motrins. He’s a token, castrated fop in a hen house of elected Democratic idiocy.

Hening on June 11, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Keep talkin’, Harry. It’s all good when it comes out of your mouth.
a capella on June 11, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Hmm, well yeah. That’s true.

wise_man on June 11, 2008 at 5:37 PM

He’s right, it was just the other day that McCain had that heated discussion with Lieberman on the Senate floor. Oh, wait… that was Obama. Nevermind.

rw on June 11, 2008 at 5:39 PM

This jerk can’t lose his job fast enough for me. Mein gott, I’d rather see Hillary in his place!

raybury on June 11, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Remember “Ashen Piehole”? It’s time to watch Dennis Miller go nuclear on Harry Reid again.

RushBaby on June 11, 2008 at 5:40 PM

McCain’s “explosive” temper makes him unfit to serve

“I wish I’d be alive enough to have so much gumption”

- – Poor Harry Reid

Death is indignant today.

Entelechy on June 11, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Coming from Harry Reid, that is a compliment.

THE CHOSEN ONE on June 11, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Heh. Reid is the perfect Dem poster-weenie.

Like a cockroach or a fungus, he talks tough, and is kinda creepy, but a little sunlight and he dries up and flakes off, or scuttles for cover.

Mew

acat on June 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM

#uck you Harry Reid! I know more about keeping my temper than anyone else in the senate!!!
- John McCain

MB4 on June 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Is Reid married? What type of poor woman has to snuggle up to that half-man every night?

THE CHOSEN ONE on June 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM

I think McCain’s nuts too.

JiangxiDad on June 11, 2008 at 5:47 PM

And Reid’s mental incapacity makes him unfit to serve. So what’s the difference?

xler8bmw on June 11, 2008 at 5:50 PM

This is a new kind of politics! Not that old divisive stuff Obama is against.

MayBee on June 11, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Wow that was sad at best,

Everyone knows of his temper

No only the NYT and they failed at trying to bring out it

He gets upset and is explosive to say the least

We’ve yet to see proof of this, yet we see video of Barry trying to strong arm and start something with little 5 foot 2 Joe Lieberman. Harry is stumbling worse then Barack here, do none of these people know how to talk without a script?

Rbastid on June 11, 2008 at 5:52 PM

John Calhoun, Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, Harry Reid.

Which of the above doesn’t belong?

Moe, Larry, Curley, Reid.

Okay, now which of the above doesn’t belong?

The test gets tougher as you go through it, doesn’t it?

SteveMG on June 11, 2008 at 5:58 PM

We lost the war in Iraq, and the surge has failed.
–Harry Reid

Does anyone, really listen to this liberal, left-wing, nut-job?

byteshredder on June 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I’d expect such dishonorable smear and innuendo from Reid and Kerry, but to hear it from Susan Rice is very disappointing.

petefrt on June 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Zetterson on June 11, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Or it imminently qualifies him.
Who wants a girlie man as POTUS. I want our enemies to say, “watch out, that guy is crazy”.
Carter was a calm controlled man, and our soldiers suffered…Reagan was a “wild cowboy” and our men were released as he was sworn in.
Nothing like a “do you feel lucky punk, well do you?” to straighten out the “punks” of the world.
Now in the past 1 1/2 years, point to an incident that he lost his temper (please, don’t point out where he called the little jerk a little jerk).

right2bright on June 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Rbastid on June 11, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Let’s not forget the story of Obambi having to be physically restrained while in the state Senate.

Les in NC on June 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM

I’ll bet the McCain campaign is already faxing a juicy response to all the networks as we speak. I’m sure it will be along the lines of:

“It is really sad that Senator Obama has so quickly abandoned his pledge to run a different kind of campaign, free of smears and personal attacks. But he is getting very good at abandoning things and people, just like he abandoned his church and abandoned the head of his VP selection committee earlier today. This is not Change we Can Believe In, it is a campaign in complete disarray.”

They had a statement in Wolf Blitzer’s hands last night in response to Barbara Boxer before Blitzer was even finished with the interview.

rockmom on June 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM

I’d rather have a POTUS that explodes occasionally instead of a blatant liar.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on June 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on June 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Oh, and is a spineless jellyfish on the issues.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on June 11, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Give it up Harry. Don’t you know that the election is already lost?

My collie says:

There may be reasons why McShamnesty is not fit to serve, but his “temper” isn’t one of them.

CyberCipher on June 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM

How can he not be ashamed to show his face. He has no shame.

ronsfi on June 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Look!!! Reid’s lips are moving.

jukin on June 11, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Please, Bubba (the Dem’s previous Messiah) had a temper, and flew off the handle all the time (wagging the finger). Was he unfit, Dingy?

Rick on June 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM

So McCain is a hot head…better then a fool.

right2bright on June 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM

What’s wrong with Reid? He looks dead … like someone propped him up and opened his mouth. Maybe he is dead, and his body is being inhabited by an evil spirit.

darwin on June 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM

With Michelle Obama on the loose they (dems) have to try and make McCain look mean, Mishallow Obama is one mean, angry and vindictive woman. She will blow her cork soon. (I cant wait)
And Reid? Well he’s just plain nasty, always. Can that guy smile? or has he had toooo much botox as well.

shooter on June 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM

I’m no fan of John McCrankypants, but he’s a pussycat compared to Hillary, and Reid seemed to have little trouble with her candidacy.

And given the choice between a competent crank and genial walking gaffe machine with intimateconnections to outspoken Ammerica-haters, I’ll take Cranky every time.

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM

I agree with you. Did you know his middle name begins with an S? That’s S for Skittish.

John Skittish McCrankypants.

JiangxiDad on June 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM

What about Billy Jeff’s temper?

Coming from Harry Reid, I’d have assume that he feels anyone who shows any emotion would be explosive.

Even if McCain does has a bit of a temper, who cares?

I’d take that over a silent, sneaky little weasel like Harry Reid any day.

reaganaut on June 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM

See-thru & muy typical. The temper mem continues to be brought up- when’s someone from the press going to call these folks on their accusation for any sort of proof?

ChipDWood on June 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Update: Now, obviously, it would be more than a bit ironic if it turned out that Senator Kerry himself — in the midst of pompously trying to show off his superior knowledge and erudition — got confused about the history of the Sunni-Shiite schism

LOL

abinitioadinfinitum on June 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM

And Reids idiocy makes him unfit for the human race. What a disgusting slug.

rplat on June 11, 2008 at 6:53 PM

But based on his adroit performance in the 2004 presidential campaign, we’re sure that he’d never commit such a gaffe.

heh

abinitioadinfinitum on June 11, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Reid is a weak, limp tool

abinitioadinfinitum on June 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Reid’s backbone makes him unfit to be a man.

TroubledMonkey on June 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM

I’m not quite sure how Dingy can “Go There”…

I’m pretty sure he’s not quite sure where he even is most of the time….

BigWyo on June 11, 2008 at 7:01 PM

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Well since you put it that way.

wise_man on June 11, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Godd%mn this f%^king stupid weaseld&#ked, lame-&ssed, crapulous, empty-pants’ed, micro-scums#%t slobbering little geek makes my blood boil!!!!

(That’s what McCain should gently reply to this traitorous, vacuous jackanape.)

profitsbeard on June 11, 2008 at 7:09 PM

Well since you put it that way.

wise_man on June 11, 2008 at 7:05 PM

VOTE MCCAIN.
HE SUCKS LESS.

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Harry Reid is the rosiest of all rosy hemmoroids. He should be rubbing his pathetic little frame with Preparation H until he shrinks from sight. Goddbye, Harry!

Travis1 on June 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM

From Wiki….

Jack Gordon once tried to bribe Reid. Reid allowed the FBI to tape Gordon’s attempt to bribe him with $12,000, at which point Reid attempted (unsuccessfully) to strangle Gordon, saying “You son of a bitch, you tried to bribe me!”

I can’t imagine a more unlikely candidate to attempt a strangulation.

Limerick on June 11, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Man, I hate Irish people.
They’re tempermental, and drink too much.
We need to deport them.

Rhinoboy on June 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM

In the words of Clint Eastwood, Harry Reid should “shut his face”.

CP on June 11, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Rhinoboy on June 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Outrageous!

*grabs a Guinness, pens a protest poem*

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 8:47 PM

So, Mr. Reid…we should vote for Obama because he brings us change, and is concerned.

Wow. Color me underwhelmed.

ynot4tony2 on June 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM

sulla on June 11, 2008 at 8:47 PM

You sound just like one of them dirty shamrockers…

Rhinoboy on June 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM

McCain must have made him cry way back when on the way to DC and he has never forgotten. Just look at that smile at the end. Vengeance is HIS!

javamartini on June 11, 2008 at 9:43 PM

He also has to share the same air with all the Republican senators hes insulted over the years not to mention the “racist” American public he so despises.

aengus on June 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Its not that McCain is unfit to serve just that he has no intention of serving anyone except himself and (“my friends”) the Mexicans.

aengus on June 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM

I’d rather a guy with some intensity behind his views than a weakling, especially in light of some of the ineptness Congress seems to attract (Harold Reed *cough*). I’d love it if someone responded during a Congressional debate by saying, “I’m sorry, but that idea is a load of horsesh$t, and here’s why,” and not forget the why. I’d much rather hear that than, “I love my esteemed colleague, whom I’ve known for many years, who’s coming over tonight for dinner…” The American people love tradition and cordiality, but not when accompanied by incompetence. In this regard, and few others I might add, I like McCain. If only he could apply this to more of the right things…

Send_Me on June 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM

I’d like to see a little bit of temper out of McCain right now. Is he even alive? Where the hell is he and where is his fight? Obama has given him so much good material to work with and……nothing. McCain…..are you out there?

sheesh on June 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM

“Unfit to serve” is an immediate term that comes to mind when describing senator Reid.

awake on June 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Harry Reid is unfit to serve. Why? I don’t need to explain myself. Everyone knows…

BadBrad on June 12, 2008 at 6:26 AM

The founding fathers would have this guy hung.

Viper1 on June 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Never, ever trust a man with a combover. They obviously surround themselves with yes-men, have a dim grasp of the obvious, and are vain. Next, never trust a man with a perm, same reason, but move vain to the top of the list.

Two rules to live by.