Video: Boos and cheers as Hillary endorses Obama

posted at 3:09 pm on June 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

Six-plus minutes for your enjoyment/disgust, the first half of which are devoted to praising His Holy Name. Mark Hemingway was there and was struck by the booing, but you don’t have to take his word for it; it’s clearly audible here, sufficiently so that even more leftish commentators felt moved to acknowledge it. Still not convinced? Just follow LGF’s link to Hillary’s website and scroll through some of the comments. He’s not overselling it when he calls them “amazing.” And after Obama went and posted such a flattering web graphic, too.

The second half is the hear-me-roar material, without which this extended identity politics orgy of a campaign wouldn’t have been complete. I think she means it, though: Watch her facial expressions and the emphatic little nods, which seemed to me authentic and almost unconscious. Hillary 2012: Woman Warrior? We shall meet again, oh yes.

I leave you with this image as the exclamation point on her campaign. May it live in your heart as it will, forever, in mine.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I dedicate this song to Hillary!

SouthernGent on June 7, 2008 at 10:34 PM

AP. . You.. You. . . . . . . .You bastard. My eyes are
forever flamed with that pic branded to back of my head.
I can’t shake that dang pic. . . .

Texyank on June 7, 2008 at 11:27 PM

No problem — I wasn’t bent out of shape, or anything! But, it isn’t delivered as a liquid, it isn’t administered intravenously, you can’t get any effect from “inhaling the vapors”, and you don’t simply take it “as needed”, as it takes a while to build up in your system to therapeutic levels.

Lee on June 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM

While tablet form is the usual way of delivering Lithium with a slow buildup to therapeutic levels over time, when you have an emergency such as getting Hillary Clinton ready to make a speech praising Barak Obama, the man she hates, the uppity upstart who derailed her coronation, one must use more drastic measures. In such an emergency it was necessary to crush up about 2 weeks of tablets and funnel them into the IV port and then do a bolus infusion. It worked out well did it not? She was able to give her speech and did not die. With most patients one would not want to take the risk but I made a calculated risk/reward assessment and determined that anyone who could survive withering fire in Bosnia and be the best person in the whole wide world to take life and death calls at 3:00AM would be able to make it.

Sigy on June 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Hillary 2012: Woman Warrior? We shall meet again, oh yes.

And if Obambi loses, he’ll be back toothis time with a few years of actual experience.

Tony737 on June 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I leave you with this image as the exclamation point on her campaign.

Hilarious! You know he’s only looking like that because it’s gonna be hell to live with her after this.

diaphanous on June 8, 2008 at 4:04 AM

I’d be surprised if he picks her as a vp. I think he’ll wait for a little and pick his own..otherwise he’ll look like a whipped man..even more than his wife makes him look!

diaphanous on June 8, 2008 at 4:06 AM

It’s always been amusing to me in politics how people can go from foes to friends to try to fool people. The people who fall for it are even more amusing. I’m amazed how many people still think that a mere man (or woman) could fix all that is wrong in the world. If that were possible, God would never have sent Jesus. Yes, I’ve even had to explain this for some Christians that seem to see obama as some kind of messiah!

diaphanous on June 8, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Half of America actually takes Obama/Clinton seriously. That is the most damning indictment of the public school system I can imagine.

Half the country has proven itself to be economically, historically and politically ignorant, to put it mildly. How did we get here?

Halley on June 8, 2008 at 8:35 AM

I loved the 7th comment down in the first thread:

It’s not Hillary’s fault if we don’t unite

It’s just because what BO (pus the media) did to Hillary is unforgivable

[sic]

That should be our new rallying cry: PUS THE MEDIA !!

ss396 on June 8, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Clearly, the Clintons are disappointed. But the endorsement is absolutely impeccable. I’m amazed how professional she is. No wonder I always thought she was the best of the two Democrats.

freevillage on June 7, 2008 at 6:16 PM

An “Impeccable” endorsement? I think not. Watch it again, closely. Her face shows disdain, obvious she doesn’t mean it, and is forced to say it. Watch her lips during the first 3 minutes of HA’s link. When speaking of Obama, she was insincere and full of arrogance and disgust.

It ain’t over till it’s over.

Sloan Morganstern on June 8, 2008 at 9:10 AM

“You humbled me with your commitment”…should be ‘you enabled me with your commitment’.
Yes, equal opportunities, equal pay, and equal respect–if they are earned, you pious feminazi.
My bucket runneth over.

Christine on June 8, 2008 at 12:39 PM

I seriously suspect that you think certain food items have partisan quality to them. Complete detachment from reality.

freevillage on June 8, 2008 at 1:47 PM