Open thread: Montana and South Dakota; Update: Hillary doesn’t really want VP spot? Update: CNN, NBC say Obama clinches; Update: Hillary seeking meeting with Obama? Update: No decisions tonight, says Hillary

posted at 8:32 pm on June 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

Face it, you’re sad. I’m sad too.

I compared her before to King Kong near the end. No need to hold the tears back. ‘Twas Clenis killed the beast.

Update: Vote GOP, ladies!

Senator Clinton has earned great respect for her tenacity and courage. The media often overlooked how compassionately she spoke to the concerns and dreams of millions of Americans, and she deserves a lot more appreciation than she sometimes received. As the father of three daughters, I owe her a debt for inspiring millions of women to believe there is no opportunity in this great country beyond their reach. I am proud to call her my friend. Pundits and party elders have declared that Senator Obama will be my opponent. He will be a formidable o ne. But I’m ready for the challenge, and determined to run this race in a way that does credit to our campaign and to the proud, decent and patriotic people I ask to lead.

Update: Serious question re: the vice presidency. If she was interested in that, why didn’t she press for it last month? Her leverage now is near zero, with some fundraisers already ready to abandon ship and others doubtless soon to follow after he’s declared the presumptive nominee. All she can offer him at this point is the promise not to throw up roadblocks in his way to the convention after he’s already begun the general campaign, but she’s not going to do that anyway for fear of jeopardizing her goodwill in 2012 (or 2016). She’s got no cards left to play. What now?

Update: Needless to say, expect something in the way of a victory speech from Obama tonight.

Update: Dude, McCain/Clinton. It’s time. Especially if the alternative is McCain/Huckabee.

Update: A fait accompli: CNN and NBC finally join the AP in reporting that Barry O’s clinched enough delegates to win the Democratic nomination. Congrats to Democrats for nominating the first major-party black candidate in American history.

Update: Will the big tete-a-tete come tomorrow?

Update: She’s rocking on, at least until tomorrow. I wonder why.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Obama should just make the MSM his VP choice…

Y314K on June 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Actually it’s worst then that… It’s Carters 30 year stale Socialism in a world economy stage…

President Obama = The castration of the USA…

That’s why Terrorists are coming out the woodwork for Obama…

Y314K on June 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Sorry I messed up the blockquotes.

Definitely worth repeating.

hillbillyjim on June 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM

I do not look at Drudge anymore. And when I see a black queen of England, an African French or German leader, a black or native Canadian Pm, an aborigine winning the highest office in Australia and so on and so forth then these people can talk about what racists we are.

Imagine, someone who does not look white running Russia. No, I don’t think so.

Terrye on June 3, 2008 at 11:12 PM

It’s bread and circuses, and it’s “healing the world” and “stuffing pockets with do-gooderism” at our expense, and the decojonification of the U.S.A.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Terrye, it’s not his color. There is so much emptiness in that suit, that the color can’t even be close to an issue. If he would be for this country and its good, and not such a socialist/Marxist/globalist, with an anarchyst wife, I could care less of his/her color.

This is not a matter of racism. This man is dangerous to this country due to his beliefs, lack of judgment and experience, and nothing else.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM

decojonification

OUCH!!

hillbillyjim on June 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes, and, for good measure, Yes.

hillbillyjim on June 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM

It’s an open thread, so I can go OT a bit here. Remember that “Internet Party” video from a few weeks ago? Here’s the sequel.

malan89 on June 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Good evening, proud Virginian hillbillyjim – hope you’re hanging in there. VA is fine by me, btw. Do come by this parlor more often. Always enjoy it when you do. Regards,

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Entelechy:

I agree with you, it is not his color. My point is that for a good deal of the rest of the world, it is just that. This is a test America must past to prove that we have overcome not only our horrible racist past, but our fondness for capitalism as well.

Terrye on June 3, 2008 at 11:25 PM

C’mon Hill don’t drop out…

I’m hoping you’ll drag it all the way out to a third party run.

SaintOlaf on June 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Seriously, if it is going to be a landslide democrat win…who would be the better president…Hillary Klinton or Mubarak Hussein Ubama bin Laden?

SaintOlaf on June 3, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I hope there’s an invisible /huge sarc in there.

Barack Obama is a shiny token mascot and nothing more. The party of huge government, Jim Crowe, the KKK, corrupt unions, and failing inner cities is just putting Barack on a pedastal while actual black men and women get screwed day in and day out by socialist policies and achievement welfare (affirmative action).

The Messiah is a cheap, ignorant, empty suit not fit to represent dogs, never mind Americans of any color.

BKennedy on June 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Perhaps his presidency will lead to a split in Black America, giving black conservatives a new voice?

Its entirely within the realm of probability.

Saltysam on June 3, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Terrye,

I understand your point. The rest of the world always want the U.S. to be perfect, pay for everything, sacrifice it all, be criticized, bla, bla, bla, while they are corrupt and wanting, and pontificate. I know them well, from all continents, believe. Ignore them.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 11:40 PM

“American Idol” is such a befitting name for the times of this country, or where the collective ‘minds’ of the people of this country are.
Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM

I agree… Except I spell it differently:

“American IDLE”

LegendHasIt on June 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM

It’s bread and circuses…

Just.

Wow.

hillbillyjim on June 3, 2008 at 11:45 PM

I am still waiting for the list of accomplishments by Obama… The one’s McCain is distorting…

Y314K on June 3, 2008 at 11:50 PM

queue Jeopardy music…

Y314K on June 3, 2008 at 11:51 PM

PRAGMATISM !!!!!

hillbillyjim on June 3, 2008 at 11:54 PM

I know them well, from all continents, believe. Ignore them.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 11:40 PM

How can I put this delicately? Let’s just say that they have “cigar” envy.

Sigy on June 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Hang in there, E.

Worthy goals and all.

oh, yeah, I almost forgot: PRAGMATISM !!!!!

hillbillyjim on June 4, 2008 at 12:08 AM

hey hillary, Unity 08 might still be in the market for a candidate….

chasdal on June 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM

he’s not himself you see.

Sigy on June 3, 2008 at 10:30 PM

I can’t describe the cold chill I felt when I read those words. If he becomes President, those words will be his ultimate legacy.

And this generation’s legacy? That it produced a majority willing to elect a cipher in its selfishness.

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 12:28 AM

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?

Sigy on June 3, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Alice Obama in wonderland – how befitting the lines, just about any, are for these times.

hillbillyjim, it’s harder every day. It might be a worthier cause to take capital, talents, and energy and go help a developing country. But that sounds like a far leftie, which to me is poison.

How can I put this delicately? Let’s just say that they have “cigar phallus” envy.

Sigy on June 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Though, in Bill Clinton’s case, the two are interchangeable.

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 12:31 AM

RushBaby, Alice in wonderland words all over, and how easily they fit. Cipher is the perfect word. History will punish us for this and we deserve it for not being serious.

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Though, in Bill Clinton’s case, the two are interchangeable.

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Well not quite interchangeable for him any longer. These days he pretty much just goes with the cigar.

Sigy on June 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Updated for 2008: Through the Perfumed Hole.

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 12:41 AM

To the tune of “Its the End of the World”,

Meanwhile,back at Team Hillary,after HilRod downs,oops
I mean drowns herself in fine Canadian whiskey,as in
Dr.Evil,one by one Hillary brings in her staff to swim
with freaggin lazer equiped sharks,and ponder pay back,

as in how to silence Slick Willy,who has besmriched and
debauched Hillary’s campaign and final descuss the “Fairy
Tale comment,now that HilRod has nothing to loose!haha .

canopfor on June 4, 2008 at 12:42 AM

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Sigy on June 4, 2008 at 12:44 AM

If only Obama would have bitten that poison apple,
Hillary would be set,accept that her incompetant
husband could’t MAN UP even for this small task!

canopfor on June 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM

her incompetant husband could’t MAN UP even for this small task!

canopfor on June 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM

I don’t reckon another first lady will attempt to run for Pres. What an ugly chapter in American politics. Bill Clinton single handedly vindicated everything the VRWC has been saying about them for years.

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM

I’snt it lovely ?

J_Gocht on June 4, 2008 at 12:57 AM

I don’t reckon….
RushBaby on June 4,2008 at 12:52AM.

RushBaby: Just like,at the end of a Horror movie,
the mask falls off,and HILLARY was the
VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY KABALL,all
along!! Ha ha :)

canopfor on June 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM

I’snt it lovely ?

J_Gocht on June 4, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Sigy on June 4, 2008 at 1:02 AM

canopfor on June 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM

It was all an act all along. The vaunted Clinton Machine turns out to be a tinker toy with a sputtering battery, dramatically lit to cast a ferocious writhing shadow on the wall.

We must remember this lesson and never be intimidated by a leftist politician ever again.

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Nicely done, RB.

techno_barbarian on June 4, 2008 at 1:16 AM

techno_barbarian on June 4, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Thank you. Glad you’re reading, because I look at the poster you made every day. I wish you would post the link to it again; I downloaded it and neglected to make a note of the link.

To all my friends, goodnight. Tomorrow, we embark on a new paragraph in this ridiculous chapter of history.

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 1:22 AM

RushBaby, your wish is my command. techno gave permission to distribute freely. Thanks techno.

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 1:25 AM

Good night RB. Tomorrow will be interesting; it’s promised by the Clintons.

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Entelechy on June 4, 2008 at 1:25 AM

De nada. And thanks.

Got another poster or cartoon idea, now that Obambi’s almost officially the Chosen One. Might take a little time to knock it out though. I’ll post a link when it’s done.

techno_barbarian on June 4, 2008 at 1:31 AM

Forget about the “R” word, get ready for the “D” word -Depression!

OldEnglish on June 4, 2008 at 4:55 AM

Guess which organization really does have 57 states.

Red Pill on June 4, 2008 at 5:47 AM

Follow the link and realize that Russia is an observer, but China is not.

I think Obama is backed by the Russian Communists, while Hillary is backed by the Chinese Communists.

Red Pill on June 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM

I like the symbolism, but can’t quite agree. It wasn’t always just a paper tiger, even if it’s reduced to one now, and the MSM could have sustained it even longer if they wanted to. The Clintons were our own cult of personality, like the Kims in Korea, or Ceausescus in Romania. The media did the same with the Kennedys, and are doing it with the Obamas. Some large part of our population is susceptible to this, or worse– they may need it just as they need celebrities. (Can Texas and Oklahoma exist as an independent country? It may come to that.)

JiangxiDad on June 4, 2008 at 6:31 AM

JiangxiDad on June 4, 2008 at 6:31 AM

American Idol

Red Pill on June 4, 2008 at 6:34 AM

RedPill-

Seems like neither of us noticed this was already covered above:

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM

I agree… Except I spell it differently:

“American IDLE”

LegendHasIt on June 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM

JiangxiDad on June 4, 2008 at 6:56 AM

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Very poetic, but naive.
Just because someone loses, doesn’t mean they were not effective. It may mean the machine they were up against was bigger and badder.
She ended up with all but 1/2 the votes, she was up against, (and us conservatives will feel it) an emotional machine driven by anger, and guilt. She had the horsepower, not the emotion. The day of the “we are women hear us roar” has passed; replaced with “we are black,hear (feel) our anger”.
I am afraid that we may have to wait until another Carter episode, where “anger” is replaced by anguish, the anguish of an incompetent “savior”.
And like the result of most “affirmative action” job placements, this one will be a failure.

right2bright on June 4, 2008 at 7:15 AM

It’s a significant milestone considering that only 50 years ago there were “white only” drinking fountains, and 20 years ago the thought of a black man having a solid chance of actually winning was almost unthinkable.

Hollowpoint on June 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Baloney. 20 years ago would have brought us to the George Herbert Walker Bush presidency. We were no more racist then than we are now. We would have elected a Colin Powell, and the dems never congratulated us for making Condi Rice Secretary of State, and certainly would not have congratulated us for nominating her for the Presidency.

Of course, unlike Barry, Powell and Rice actually have resume’s which qualified them for the Presidency.

Buy Danish on June 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM

If Hillary becomes the VP she is only one suicide heartbeat from realizing her dream.

Be careful Senator Obama; be very, very careful

somedays on June 4, 2008 at 8:13 AM

“somedays’ yep. Vince Foster could tell us all about it now couldn’t he? To add to your statement, and I’ll repeat it again, SHE’S STILL TWITCHING, DON’T TURN YOUR BACK ON HER! She’ll keep grasping. You don’t want her in any Speaker of the House job either. The female barrier in that job is already knocked down so that would be an easy walk-in as well. Stay on it gang and don’t give up until everyone of her 2nd and 3rd tier possibilities are gone and then and only then can you be safe that she won’t rise from the crypt. If she hasn’t shut down shop yet, then she doesn’t plan to any time soon, and I wonder why? hmmm.

johnnyU on June 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Not Speaker of the House,but President pro tempore of the Senate.

NaCly dog on June 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM

I, for one, am glad Obama is going to be the nominee. Because he is such an emty suit, has no substance or plan, I think he will be easier to beat in Nov.

kcd on June 4, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Be careful Senator Obama; be very, very careful

somedays on June 4, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Two excellent reasons it ain’t happening.

kcd on June 4, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Buy Danish on June 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM

And that, my friend, is the number one disqualifier for the libs.

kcd on June 4, 2008 at 9:46 AM

‘Twas Clenis killed the beast.

That, and her game plan to use FL & MI to encourage Democrats to vote in the Republican primary for McCain. That move cost her the outright win of the Democratic Socialist nomination.

But it ain’t over until she decides it’s over. And clearly, she has decided that it ain’t over yet. She will do whatever she thinks is necessary for her to win the presidency and serve her third term.

But she won’t be the next President of the United States…

Red Pill on June 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM

“Senator Clinton has earned great respect for her tenacity and courage.”
John: WHO respects HRC besides you and her supporters?
It’s obvious to the Obama supporters and the conservative base that you’ve got ‘courage’ mixed up with chutzpah. And, you said that you don’t want a Demo for VP? You’re so liberal, you won’t need another one on the ticket.
But, I must admit that John does really well for a 74 year-old guy who’s had Stockholm’s syndrome for the better part of 4 decades.

Christine on June 4, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Man, this has more twists and turns than a mountain road with hair-pin turns. I thought that HRC would want the VP spot for the reason that somedays and others hinted at but this changed my mind, again…”It ain’t gonna happen! Two reasons: 1) Michelle “my belle” Obama, will NOT compete with Hillary in the Whitehouse. 2) NO WAY Barack will compete with Billy Jeff in the Whitehouse. Two excellent reasons it ain’t happening.
kcd on June 4, 2008
The very idea of this happening boggles the mind. Cheney running the WH from the Vice Presidency is one thing but the Clintons in that spot would give a deeper meaning to ‘the shadow government’ or the ‘Odd Couple(s)’. The world is crazy enough as it is…this would be beyond bizarre.

Christine on June 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Hillary has man hands.

Hening on June 4, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Hillary has man hands.

Hening on June 4, 2008 at 1:31 PM

kcd on June 4, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Hillary has man hands.

Hening on June 4, 2008 at 1:31 PM

OOps! I meant to add: And Bill has “Roman” hands. He-he-he

kcd on June 4, 2008 at 2:43 PM

canopfor on June 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM

RushBaby on June 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM

I wouldn’t go that far. If the Clinton Machine seems hollow now, it’s because a very big chunk fell out of it recently: The Main Stream Media.

Before, the Clinton Machine could always count on the MSM to amplify their message and minimize their faults, like a good sound man for a band. If the media ever got a tad critical, Clinton could bite his lip and make some patently absurd statement that no one had ever been so criticized by the media before, and rather than snickers, an eruption of editorials and commentaries would ensue where the media examined their collective navels about how they were abusing the president, and resolved to do better.

Now, not so much. There’s a new crush for the MSM, and his name is Obama.

At first the support was tentative, because everyone knew Hillary was inevitable. But as she looked more and more … evitable, well, the MSM just followed their heart.

We do have a golden opportunity now to get a feel for how Bill and Hillary might have been treated by a more nonpartisan media.

I know I’m watching with great anticipation…

theregoestheneighborhood on June 4, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Are you all, like Allahpundit still sad?

I think it’s time to move to a serious ’08 campaign with serious issues and serious policies… I hope to see all of you there.

mycowardice on June 5, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Great final Update listed. I’ve heard that Strata-Sphere wrap up before from Beto Ochoa.

When Obama’s CHARACTER is actually scrutinized, Berry assassinates himself, and that’s suicide. Hence, the sheeple’s willing suspension of disbelief, to Hillary’s great dismay.

Regardless of how he treats Hillary now, good or bad, Obama’s destruction of Alice Palmer PROVES he is no friend of either female or responsible African-American. Berry is no more than a slave catching carpetbagger, having sold himself to The Machine to forever play their Pinocchio strung up by the MSM/DNC Machine, Pinocchio’s board of writers, choreographers, directors.

The day will come when they turn their tables on Berry, America’s weakest link, “Obama isn’t the man we knew 20 years ago”. After inflicing great misery upon us all, eventually America will shout in unison to Berry: YOU’RE OUT!

Let it be sooner than later.

maverick muse on June 5, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Hillary, the Energizer Bunny

Little BoPeep has lost her sheep
and can’t know where to find them.
Leave them alone and they’ll come home
wagging their tails behind them.

Hillary’s going to use this siesta well to her advantage.

I noted Rove’s address to ORGANIZE, McCain’s bane. After all the years of plotting, McCain had best not play the dog who let his bone go to the mirage in the river. If McCain is to prove himself NOW the finest chief executive candidate, he must align his forces and quit trying to be all things to all people all of the time. Choose wisely, and never vainly repeat the mistakes of your predecessor requiring your own personal experience as your only teacher, John. Keep your enemies close but at arms length, never within your ranks, never with your confidence, never entrusted with opportunity to sabatage! Stick to your guns and your military prowess, and leave the organization in the hands of the best organizer ever (Mitt?). Does John have the guts to win or end up his own one-GOPman-show wet dream?

maverick muse on June 5, 2008 at 7:31 AM