Video: Hillary sure sounding like she’s ready to rock on a bit further

posted at 9:57 pm on June 2, 2008 by Allahpundit

Mutiny was in the air during the conference call with her top donors this afternoon, but cooler heads prevailed. It sounds like she’s merely going to “suspend” the campaign, not drop out, just in case, well … you know.

Or is she? Today on the plane:

Exit question: Does this sound like a woman getting ready to bail? Quote: “Tomorrow is the last day of the primaries and the beginning of a new phase in the campaign. After South Dakota and Montana vote I will lead in the popular vote and Senator Obama will lead in the delegate count. The voters will have voted and so the decision will fall to the delegates empowered to vote at the Democratic Convention.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Limerick on June 2, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I like the fact that the candidates have to visit the flyover states. Popular vote would mean only the major metro areas would count for anything. I don’t see how Indy can think that’s “fair”.

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Yeah, I really don’t want Barbara Boxer and Maxine Waters given the keys to my house.

Limerick on June 2, 2008 at 11:34 PM

We need to improve those schools.

Scrap the public school system and privatize the entire thing. That’s the only way. Criminalize teacher’s unions while you’re at it. Check out this old John Stossel report on it. Great stuff.

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:35 PM

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Totally off topic there. Apologies. But, seriously, if you don’t already support privatizing education (or at least establishing wide spread voucher programs)…watch the report. It’s very enlightening.

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hillary is like the gal who doesn’t get invited to the prom but insists on going anyway as she just knows that the other students just have to want to elect her prom queen even though they have locked all the doors and she has to go in through a window.

MB4 on June 3, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Limerick, thanks for the big states population stats. It’s interesting that Cali is approx. the same as Canada.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Indy, independent dear one, we are not a democracy, and shouldn’t ever be one. Our republic has worked, and will continue to do so for a while. We need to wake up and protect it, but this is not its problem.

Entelechy on June 2, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Indeed.

“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Red Pill on June 3, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Indeed Red Pill. Nice way to remind us too!

For tomorrow, the lefties wish it were this easy.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Indeed.

The Democratic Socialists do want the popular vote to determine the President…ever heard of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact? Their plan is to just keep chipping away year after year until they get what they want.

I think that is an abomination and unconstitutional. While it is true that Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution gives each state the right to decide how to allocate its own electoral votes, it is implied that the states do so within their own state.

The minute you talk about “Interstate Compacts” (between the states, not within a single state) you are in the domain of the Federal Constitution (not the domain of state constitutions) and if you want to change the Presidential election rules you have to do so by amending the Constitution.

The Constitution delegates authority to the states to decide how to allocate its own electoral votes, but the states can’t then delegate that back to a national level before coming back to the individual state and then reporting back to the national level which electors were chosen.

In IT terms, the people in favor of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact are trying to insert an illegal (unconstitutional) subroutine call into the process.

Red Pill on June 3, 2008 at 12:19 AM

I don’t see how Indy can think that’s “fair”.

malan89 on June 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM

I don’t see how anyone, calling themselves a conservative, would reject federalism, because that’s the essence of his argument.

Saltysam on June 3, 2008 at 12:24 AM

I have been saying this since she was tossed off of her throne back in January…she ain’t goin’ anyplace. If she doesn’t get the Big Nod, she will ensure that Obama loses and loses hard.

Snooper on June 3, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Snooper, I’ve thought so too, because she’ll have to run in 2012 again. If he wins, she can’t run against him.

Though, I have this fear that they’ll both appear in NY tomorrow, for the ‘dream ticket’, just to end it now. She’d be poison for him, and so would be Bill.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Indeed Red Pill. Nice way to remind us too!

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Thanks, Entelechy. I appreciate that.

Check this out…

Watch the two videos of Barack opening Senate sessions. Snopes says the videos show Barack reciting the Pledge, but it’s difficult to tell if you can actually hear Barack’s voice saying the Pledge. His voice is clear and loud both before and after, but not during.

If he’s not pledging allegiance to the flag, then he is also not pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

Red Pill on June 3, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Snooper on June 3, 2008 at 12:26 AM
Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM

It ain’t over until Hillary says it’s over. Even then, it ain’t over…if she were to “suspend” tomorrow, all she has to do is make sure Obama falls hard between now and the Democrat convention…where the super delegates can change their mind and make her the nominee.

Red Pill on June 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM

“My political obituary has yet to be written.”

HIllary Clinton’s presidential aspirations ended Tuesday.

/done

Akzed on June 3, 2008 at 12:59 AM

“My political obituary has yet to be written.”

I was inevitable in my own imagination.

Entelechy on June 3, 2008 at 1:02 AM

“My political obituary has yet to be written.”

If it wasn’t for that vast right wing, Romulan, Klingon, now also vast left wing, Loque’eque, Cardassian conspiracy I would surly be on my way to be President!

MB4 on June 3, 2008 at 1:13 AM

In related business news trading in Wide Bottom Pantsuits Inc (trading symbol WBP) has been suspended on the New York stock exchange after it’s share price dropped from $10.25 to .25 cents.

MB4 on June 3, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Limerick, those eight states represent nearly 50% of the US population, not 33%. btw you need to add at least 2 million each to TX and FL.
Pretty soon GA will join the “10 Million Club” with NC and NJ not far behind.
Here’s the latest US Census estimates

infidel65 on June 3, 2008 at 4:12 AM

Uh, reports are surfacing of an explosive tape of Michele obama. This wont be over for a bit. The MSM is rabidly desperate to have it over, but it isnt going to happen.

The harridan will fight fang and claw all the way to Denver and beyond.

dogsoldier on June 3, 2008 at 6:40 AM

dogsoldier on June 3, 2008 at 6:40 AM

I heard Rove has a copy of it.

jerrytbg on June 3, 2008 at 6:54 AM

Too soon for Hillary’s obituary?
Sunday morning with Tim Russert
Meet the Nation forum dictated
that Hillary get out of the race
OR ELSE HER CAREER WOULD BE RUINED.

maverick muse on June 3, 2008 at 7:14 AM

The DNC will burn Hillary at the stake.
Like the Phoenix, she’ll follow Lieberman’s example.

Speaking of Lieberman, DAMN his fuel tax increase!

If McCain links any further to Lieberman, ARGH!!!!

maverick muse on June 3, 2008 at 7:17 AM

Rush needs to call out the troops for CHAOS in Montana!

ctmom on June 3, 2008 at 8:23 AM

My wife the former linguist calls Hillary’s mien “deservitude.” I think that sums it up nicely.

DrSteve on June 3, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Good one, DrSteve and wife. Hillary! epitomizes the entitlement mentality. Her only rival for that title is Michelle Obama.

onlineanalyst on June 3, 2008 at 8:45 AM

She isn’t campaigning on the “ground” anymore so she doesn’t need to overhead and costs of ground troops or managers.
Certainly she would scale back, back to her close and influential campaign managers.
The fight is taken from the streets to the hallways. No longer hand to hand combat, now she has moved into bombing and strategic strikes.
She knows one good torpedo can sink Obama’s ship.

right2bright on June 3, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Run as an Independent, Hillary! I’m a conservative and given a choice between you and McCain I will vote for you! At least you have a pair!

sabbott on June 3, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Ah, sistah…your political ohbitchyouwary is being written every day but the death comments don’t serve you unless you’re doing your worn out ‘victim’ schtick.
As far as the growing Debt is concerned, maybe she should sell some of those expensive pantsuits and don the WalMart line. She used to be on their board, so she should get a new wardrobe, for free. There’s always Bubba’s underwear…$$$$!

Christine on June 3, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Call me crazy but I keep looking at that screencap and I can’t help it but I have to admit she looks kind of pretty, actually. Does anyone else see that? I mean, all politics aside…

pleaseandthankyou on June 4, 2008 at 12:12 AM