Yawn: Olbermann compares right-wingers to jihadists

posted at 11:03 pm on May 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

Whenever I post about him, inevitably half a dozen angry comments follow demanding to know why I keep posting about him, as though he’s too inconsequential to warrant five minutes of precious blog energy. Newsflash: I posted an eleven-year-old soccer video today. Content is content. But after watching this I’m reconsidering those comments, not because he’s not worth my time but because he’s so shameless that he’s basically impervious to charges of hypocrisy. No one on television takes greater (or rather, more histrionic) exception when the left is labeled soft on terror, yet no one but no one is quicker to equate his own opponents with actual terrorists. Fox News is “worse than Al Qaeda” and as dangerous as the Klan; the Republican Party is “the leading terrorist group in this country right now”; Michelle and the “lunatic fringe” are “fascists” and “the people in this country who most closely share the mentality of the terrorists.” Ironically, the only evildoers in the Olbyverse who don’t seem to be guilty of terrorism are … actual terrorists themselves. His show is one long serial exercise in questioning the patriotism of people he disagrees with, yet heaven forbid that the cause of Progress ever suffer the same indignity. So here he is, either oblivious to his own rhetoric or fully aware and fully indifferent, hammering away on the bloggy equivalent of the 9/11 hijackers or Nazi camp guards or whichever demon he’ll use tomorrow to demagogue conservatives. Exit question for Time magazine: Is Olby still merely approaching self-parody or has he with this at last attained full-fledged self-parodic nirvana?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This guy is nothing other than a white version of Louie Ferricon.

Keith and Louie sitting in a tree, waiting for a spaceship to rescue thee;

First came Liberalism, then came fame;

Then came hatred filled with shame.

Keemo on May 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Wait…this guy somehow places himself next to Murrow?

That’s like a week-old Big Mac that’s been sitting in the dumpster being next to a piece of filet mignon.

What a worthless tool.

MadisonConservative on May 29, 2008 at 8:34 AM

Olbermann spreads disease, so he’s worth noticing. But please don’t let NBC and it’s parent GE ever get away with not being mentioned prominently.

BOYCOTT GE. Write letters to GE. GE is more vulnerable than you think. Equate Olbermann and liberalism with GE, over and over.

JiangxiDad on May 29, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Why are people attacking Rachel Ray for a scarf, how about her horrible cooking….she puts way too much EVOO and chicken broth in everything.

Newsflash: I know thw stylist, it was not a keffiyeh, it was a small black and white paisley scarf with uneven fringe.

People need to tell the fashion police to relax and get the food police to take over….

AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 8:41 AM

I could only watch ten seconds of his crap

tblot on May 29, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Michelle: Sorry you have to take this public crap. Thanks for what you do. Sincerely.

JiangxiDad on May 29, 2008 at 8:43 AM

… as though he’s too inconsequential to warrant five minutes of precious blog energy.

He’s not even worth a comment.

Hey, wait a minute …

Tony737 on May 29, 2008 at 8:43 AM

Olbermann is a seriously sick, piece of dog crap. He does however appear to represent quite nicely his bosses at GE and NBC.

rplat on May 29, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Olby’s recent advertisers ……

Advil, Mercedes Benz, Coffe Mate, AT&T, Vehix.com, GMC, Aleve, Ortho, MinWax, Hotels.com, Dannon, CDW, Michelin, Lazy Boy, UPS, Avis, Ocean Spray, Lunesta, Marriot, Citracal.

Time to make douche squirm a little and hit him in the pocketbook. Avoid purchasing these products, send the sponsors an email expressing your outrage, tell them you’ve sropped buying their product and have told all of your friends to do the same.

Oh, and ask them if they ever watched this lunatic perform.

fogw on May 29, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Time for a petition to have Olbermann removed?
Time for a boycott of all GE products?
Time to ask Obama if he agrees with his buddy, Olbermann?
Is Olbermann the face of modern day Liberalism?
Is Olbermann the mouth piece of the DNC, or would that position belong to Howard Dean?
Will Olbermann be issued the seat next to the moldy peanut man at the DNC convention, or does that seat permanently belong to the fat man Liberals fondly refer to as Michael.

So many unanswered questions…

Keemo on May 29, 2008 at 8:55 AM

fogw on May 29, 2008 at 8:51 AM

I knew there was a reason I switched to International Delight.

ZK on May 29, 2008 at 9:05 AM

I do like how Olbermann jumped on D’D for caving in so quickly.

RMC1618 on May 29, 2008 at 9:11 AM

A bit off topic, but that cover picture makes Olberman look like an (original) Oompa-Loompa in a suit. And my apologies to all the Oompa-Loompa’s that may be reading this!

saukeye on May 29, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Olbergoebbels. The name says it all………

adamsmith on May 29, 2008 at 9:24 AM

Warner Todd Huston on May 29, 2008 at 2:13 AM

Heh. I’m still a little confused.

BadgerHawk on May 29, 2008 at 9:36 AM

AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Absolutely on the first part, but; chicken soup [broth] is good for mostly everything that ails you, according to my sainted Mother.

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 9:48 AM

I tend to compare Olby to floaters. Hey, all this one needs is a wee pair of glasses…

GeneSmith on May 29, 2008 at 9:50 AM

This guy is nothing other than a white version of Louie Ferricon. Keemo on May 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Naw, Farrakhan knows to keep his mouth SHUT. I haven’t heard a peep out of him in years.

Olberdouche lives up to his name DAILY. I blocked pMS-NBC on my tv 2 years ago and haven’t missed it since.

Mazztek on May 29, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Please stop giving this guy any publicity. How any sane human being could watch this moral exhibitionist run amok is beyond me. This is fanaticism raised to the nth degree. Our world is in trouble when a fanatic like this gets any attention.

Charles Martel on May 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Charles Martel on May 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM

“You can’t handle the truth !”

Got it right this time.

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 10:56 AM

How did “Countdown to No Ratings” with Keith Olberdouche get a copy of “What Happened” before it was released? I heard a Fox News Radio reporter this morning that asked a bookstore and could not get one.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on May 29, 2008 at 11:15 AM

“Olbermann is a perfect example of why “public flogging” should be practiced in certain situations.”
Keemo on May 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM
I think all we need to do is set him up with a hot chick who can get some ‘footage’ of his puny manhood and leak it to the media. But, since that won’t happen, (he only ‘dates’ ‘Pump me up Polly’), the Clockwork Orange treatment would work for me:’show’ him his own show for days on end.

I’m sure that being called a “facist” by this tool is a badge of honor for dear Michelle. If only he had the stones to have her on his show so that she could lay waste to his pompous…ego.
You don’t need to explain AP, you done good here, even tho my breakfast came back up when I saw his face.

Christine on May 29, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Allah, I, for one, hope you never stop posting on Olbermann. Back in college my buds and I used to watch wrestling and obviously phony TV evangelists for comic relief. (Of course, our herbally enhanced senses of irony helped keep the fun rolling) Today the Keith does it for me – and he’s so out there that there’s no need for any sort of enhancement! YOU GO, OLBY!!!!

mugged on May 29, 2008 at 11:53 AM

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Fox News Alert – Earlier today MSNBC Left Leaning Wackjob Keith Olbermann was a guest on Rachel Ray’s morning talk show where he suddenly took ill. He was hospitalized at 11:38AM this morning in critical condition from food poisoning due to rancid chicken broth and bad chorizo….he was taken by ambulance to St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in greenwich Village. We are awaiting a news conference at 3PM EST. The Food Police questioned Ray extensively at her studio on 9th Avenue and 17th Street over Chelsea Market, more to follow.

AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM

I’m just waiting for that loon to drop dead of apoplexy on-air. Ratings bonanza!

mojo on May 29, 2008 at 3:17 PM

AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I luv your posts.
You’re just too cute for words!

Very intelligent and cognizant, to boot!
Those are compliments

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I luv your posts.
You’re just too cute for words!

Very intelligent and cognizant, to boot!
Those are compliments

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Thanks so much!! My biggest beef with Rachel Ray is way way too much Olive Oil and too much processed meats. I love meat, and a big protein – meat eater, but she uses a ton of unhealthy meat products in her cooking, like that Spanish crap, that chorizo.

I wouldn’t feed that to my 2 Shih Tzus.

Olbermann looks like he would eat her cooking, oil, sausages and all.

AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM

you know what us right wing jihadists say…its all fun and games until someone has their head blown off by a browning hi power.

elduende on May 29, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Good God, I just heard that Scotty Boy is on with Olbermann tonight, unbelievable.

I guess McClellan has become a Left Wing Fringe loon, or moving in that direction.

AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM

“ Thanks so much!!…” AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Thank you so very much, for your kind words!

I’ve oft’ been accused of nefarious innuendo, insipid stupidity and downright skullduggery, most base and evil, by others.

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 8:38 PM

“AprilOrit on May 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM”

Olby’s ratings will be through the roof after that post!

J_Gocht on May 29, 2008 at 8:49 PM