Video: Maxine Waters threatens to nationalize America’s oil industry

posted at 9:26 pm on May 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

Befitting the catastrophic stupidity of this idea, she doesn’t even know what the proper term for it is. I’m sitting here telling myself that Shep and the Foxies must have taken this out of context somehow since it would seem rather newsworthy and yet there’s not a single article about it on the wires that I can find. Go figure. But here you go, one of the most alarming collectivist ad libs by a mainstream American politician since the last creepy thing Hillary said, whatever that may be. Viva Chavez!

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

She is a great counter-argument for both affirmative action and gerrymandering.

The woman is profoundly stupid. Her IQ cannot possibly top 80-90, and she is absolutely unfit to even work behind the counter of a DMV. But here she is, elevated, protected.

She is a semi-autonomous sock-puppet for the socialist elite, and that is what counts.

Spartacus on May 23, 2008 at 10:36 AM

This story should be in red letters in every paper coast to coast, but look at this search, not a single paper has bothered to report this.

Can you imagine that? A senator threatens to nationalize all US oil companies and there isn’t even one newspaper that sees that as newsworthy? If there was ever an example of agenda driven news reporting (or a lack of coverage as in this case of something they don’t want you to know because they are exposed by it), this is it.

Maxx on May 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM

can we get the pitchforks and torches now? All 535 of those people are idiots and deserve to be tar and feathered in the media. shouldn’t we have an education requirement for Congress. I mean at least a 6th grade education or something.

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Now there’s a child that should have been left behind! Holy crap, I… I… I’m just dumbfounded.

HotJavaJack on May 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Yes Sir, we here in the PRC can produce some reeelll winners. Welcome to La La Land.

N4646W on May 23, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Remember, Waters represents a district (and I have seen this first hand), that when para-medic truck has a siren on, people run out of their house and throw oranges at the para-medics as they drive by. So they (as of a few years ago) would never turn the siren on. When a grocery store was built, the chain bought land and built a police sub-station across the street from the store.
This is a tough neighborhood, and they love her, she riles them up, she whips them up in a frenzy…meanwhile, her drop-out rate of children, and out of wedlock children, and murders, robberies, must be near the top of areas in the U.S.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM

I’m shocked! I tell you _shocked_!!! A liberal Dem wants to nationalize the oil industry? Congress needs to get off their ecological asses and clear the way for drilling off shore and ANWAR and other “no-no” locations.

swampy on May 23, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Well, I saw this live last nite and was just aghast….I figured that this AM it would be all over the world about the stupidity of poor ol’ Maxine and she would be catching hell, as is so deserved…Can you imagine the government taking over the “big nasty oil” industry??? They would immediately shut down the few refineries that can’t keep up with demand now….It’s worth repeating….ya jus’ cain’t fix stupid!!

b4lucy on May 23, 2008 at 11:06 AM

At least she was smart enought to realize that ‘socialization’ was too close to socialist/communist and thereby stopped herself. We know what they want to do, they just can not say it publicly (yet). The danger is real.

Bring down the auto industry, oil industry, pharmaceutical industry, financial/mortgage indsutry, tobacco (and their subisdiaries: snack & food industry), McDonalds, Walmart, Microsoft. Did I leave anything out? At the same the federal govt has undermined the education system since it became involved (thank you Johnson & Jimmy Carter)and the national defense (borders, Iraq, War on Terror). Waters, Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, Reid and others, are working so hard to see the country go under – and they appear to be succeeding.

jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

they don’t want the country to go down, just everything it stands for. they want to remake the country in a different image. they don’t understand that what AMerica stands for warts and all is what makes it america. they think they can have all the furits of AMerica without the warts. It isn’t possible but I guess we are all going to find that out very soon.

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM

At least she was smart enought to realize that ’socialization’ was too close to socialist/communist and thereby stopped herself. We know what they want to do, they just can not say it publicly (yet). The danger is real.

jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

I think if Obama loses, they will reorganize themselves as open Socialists. I have doubts that many Democrats are are so against the idea. They will be promised a W. European style cradle-to-grave (ponzi scheme) social system, and the voters may well bite.

JiangxiDad on May 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM

The Democrats already have the Film industry nationalized towards their agenda, where do their profits go?

kirkill on May 23, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Why in the name of all the Dark Lords aren’t the Republicans clubbing the Dems over oil (and energy), like drunken Eskimos on a baby seal rampage?

Congress’ approval is at 11% you numbnuts! Fight!

Iblis on May 23, 2008 at 11:15 AM

kirkill on May 23, 2008 at 11:14 AM

what profits? The film industry like the newspapers are not making as much as they use to for some “unknown” reason.

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM

How about a constitutional amendment guaranteeing Americans private property rights? Any way to enshrine economic freedom/ capitalism into the Constitution in the same way religion is?

JiangxiDad on May 23, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Congress’ approval is at 11% you numbnuts! Fight!

Iblis on May 23, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Heard it from the minority leader. The REP are petrified of making the 2008 Congressional election a national election. therefore they will not attack the Democrates on national issues enmass but run individuals campiagns. they REP congress members have elected like rats on a sinking ship to be everyman for himself. It’s now about incumbency protection than American protection. heard this aon hannity radio show yesterday.

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 11:22 AM

JiangxiDad on May 23, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I think the 4th amendment could be used. Unreasonable search and seizure. Also a redifinition of the commerce clause or a more fundemental reading of it by the supreme court could change alot ot this crap and put congress back in its cage where it belongs.

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM

These are the people Liberals want running our country, our Healthcare, our schools. Until we stand up and fight against these people we are going to continue a downward spiral and they WILL destroy this country, make no mistake about it.

saltydogg14 on May 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Bring down the auto industry…
jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Labor unions have almost taken care of that one already.

Blacklake on May 23, 2008 at 11:27 AM

I grew up in this district and live there now (with a break for a military career) and I’ve never seen nor heard of such a thing. If this did happen it was very localized. And the emergency vehicles turn on their sirens all the time.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM

This part is true, but it stands on its own horrible strength. You don’t need to mix it in with the above.

baldilocks on May 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Orwell 101.

Someone needs to ask Mad Maxine if she got her idea from Baba Wawa’s friend (the one Baba apparently hasn’t slept with) Ooogo Chavez or has Peanut Carter been counseling her on economic policy (and Five Year Plans, naturally)?

viking01 on May 23, 2008 at 11:31 AM

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Sorry don’t know enough to respond intelligently. Hope you are right. But a constitutional amendment attempt may provide the publicity necessary to make the question of our fundamental national economic characteristics part of a national debate.

Wouldn’t you love to hear McCain and others speak about socialism vs. capitalism? I think people coming here/living here ought to be made to understand that the socialist alternative exists elsewhere– and that they are encouraged to go to it.

JiangxiDad on May 23, 2008 at 11:34 AM

The weak link spills the beans. Socialists R us on parade.

Speakup on May 23, 2008 at 11:52 AM

baldilocks on May 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM

I didn’t grow up in the neighborhood, but I spent 10 years working there, every day. ABC market, Paul Codimer the owner, is the one who bought the land for the police sub-station. In that 10 year period I lost 6 managers to robberies; and in Inglewood (still the 35th), Mary (one of the sweetest woman in the world) the owner of Franks market was brutally killed by a shotgun blast. I will never forget the blood from her fatal head wound on the broken bottles behind the liquor counter.
I personally saw the people come out of the apartments on Figueroa street (between Gage and Florance), and not the only time,and throw the oranges (and around 61st street wasn’t the worst). Fire departments had “lookouts” from the police department as they were putting out fires. And when the medics turned down a street, the sirens went silent.
I am white, and I can’t tell you how many threats were made to me, how many rocks were thrown at me as I was driving, how many guns were fired (not at me, but 2 of my salesmen had bullet holes in their cars), attempted robberies (three), and a couple of armed guards rescuing me once from a near beating (by a several 16 or so year old “kids”, 6′ 180 lb. kids)
After the Rodney King riots, the streets were a mess and filled with anger.
So many good people, captive by the thugs that roamed the streets. So many great families, men, woman, children, trapped by low expectations of their leaders.

The anger and hatred against “the man” whipped up by people like Maxine Waters, Julian Bond and others were criminal.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM

unseen on May 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Bringing the country ‘down’ so they can rebuild it. The historical examples would be Russia, Germany, and China, where fledgling democracies/capitalist states were overturned by revolutions. The difference here is an established democracty/capitalist state turning over the reigns to the socialists – voluntarily?

jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Because the Republicans have become invertebrates. They apparently checked their spines at the gate before flying to the capital to screw the public.

When do we get our country back? How far does the insanity go until the people actually take arms and regain control of an out-of-touch electorate?

cannonball on May 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM

baldilocks on May 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM

BTW, I am quite a bit older then you (at the end of Mayor Bradley term), so our experiences will not match up.
But the thing that struck me with sadness, is the state of the inner city schools. They looked and acted like prisons. Very little grass, all asphalt, high fences, and poorly kept. How the leaders could “house and educate” their people in such conditions always confused me.
I hope living there, you can make some effort to move the people in the right direction. Educating their youth is the most important. Such a great resource lost.
But you have to fight someone like Waters, it is best for her to have as many people as uneducated as her. Someone like you would be a real threat.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM

cannonball on May 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM

We’re about to find out :)

JiangxiDad on May 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM

After the Rodney King riots, the streets were a mess and filled with anger.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Nice place. Anyway, the first time I saw Maxine Waters was on CSPAN way back in the day, and she was ranting about how the CIA brought crack cocaine into her district, blah blah.

I wasn’t surprised in the least to hear Jeremiah Wright’s rants, as I had heard the same or worse from a member of congress, oh, 15 to 20 years ago. I was surprised to hear that a smart ambitious guy like Obama supported the crap for 20 years, but……who am I to question the Obamassiah anyway?

funky chicken on May 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM

The people of the 35th District of California should be proud. This is what you get when you put people in office for reasons other than their ability to do the job.

coldshot on May 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM

On the oil nationalization….shrug. Let the government screw it up for a while since the oil companies aren’t doing much for anybody but their investors.

We won’t have the “big oil” boogieman to scream at, and I’d rather watch the feds F up oil than health care.

If the feds and/or the Sauds are gonna have to fund refinery construction, isn’t that a step toward nationalization anyway? Why should my taxes pay for the oil companies’ refineries?

funky chicken on May 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM

funky chicken on May 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM

The Saudis and Bush were willing to invest in the new refineries (and expect to receive a payback on the investment), and still the idiots in this country were not willing to permit them. It was an exercise in just how stupid we are, that even if a third party pays to install additional capacity in the US, it will not be allowed.

Think_b4_speaking on May 23, 2008 at 12:53 PM

HotJavaJack on May 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Think_b4_speaking on May 23, 2008 at 12:54 PM

It is important to remember (as Maxine Waters let slip) that the goal with respect to big oil, global warming, universal health care, tobacco legislation, is NOT to improve health, climate, prosperity, or standard of living. It is to move towards a tipping point of no return, where elections, the market, and freedom can not be recovered through peaceful means. We can see this developing now as the Democrat party will not relinquish power – regardless of the wishes of the people or elections for that matter.

jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Did anybody see the blonde lady behind Rep. Waters laughing to herself as she stammered for a less fascist word than “socializing”? She must’ve been thinking “whoops! Cat’s outta the bag now…”

Viewtifulgare on May 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Too bad Waters mama didn’t believe in abortion.

kcd on May 23, 2008 at 1:49 PM

coldshot on May 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I had that attitude, until I spent some time there. There are really good, honest people. They are working everyday to make ends meet, they don’t have time to analyze like some of us, and many are barely educated. They are blinded by the hate filled speeches that are supported by the media, their leaders, and liberal educators.
They are convinced (by their leaders) that they are the forgotten people. Yet it is their leaders who have forgotten them. The hatred of conservatives is hardly believable, and all fostered on the fear that conservatives (or the white man) will take everything away, and they don’t have much. The many that do not buy into this, are intimidated, shouted down, or worse. If the leaders would lose their hate for 10 years, things would dramatically change. If they relinquished control of the school districts for 10 years, education would soar, but then they would have a lot less liberals, a lot less democrats, and that is not a good exchange for them.
Building a better society, and losing votes is not an option they would ever consider.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM

It’s like I’m watching Atlas Shrugged play out before my eyes. And more than half of me wants to watch him shrug, watch Ellis Wyatt light those dericks, platforms and shale fields afire. Cheer him on and watch the cockroaches in Washington gnaw their grubby little fingernails off and panic like cattle.

WE WOULDN’T HAVE THAT DAMNED OIL IF IT WEREN’T FOR THOSE MEN.

spmat on May 23, 2008 at 1:52 PM

jerseyman on May 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM

I am afraid that you may be right,the leadership of the liberal party will destroy a nation to stay in power. They have destroyed the black community, the family to keep power.
Taking over the oil companies is a no-brainer, they wouldn’t even think twice about it.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Did everyone notice the people behind the Congresswoman laughing at her? She is a mess. She has been in congress too long. That was a classic video…

D84 on May 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Maxine: Somebody told you today that you were being discussed on the blog Hot Air. It’s late at night and you’re reading this in bed. Please remember,

YOU ARE A DICK!

JiangxiDad on May 23, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Her and Barry O. will get along famously. I’m going to eat my lunch now. As much as I want.

Sefton on May 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM

baldilocks on May 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM

I feel for you. I am represented by Keith Ellison; I live in MN’s 5th District. I’m just waiting for him to jump on board enthusiastically with this idea.

foxforce91 on May 23, 2008 at 2:53 PM

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM

It seems the good, honest people of the 35th District of California have elected Ms. Waters eight times in a row since 1992. She averaged 83% of the total votes in those eight elections. I have to believe that she is what they want.

coldshot on May 23, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Sefton on May 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Not if they get to it first, you won’t!

Merovign on May 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Oh, and Maxine Waters should move to Cuba or North Korea, see how bountiful the products of state-run industries are. (China’s industries are no longer principally state-run – and to that extent their productivity has increased.)

Anyone else remember US Steel? The government decided that manufacturers were price-gouging, so the state set up its own steel production facility – which charged ten times as much as the “gougers” and was, of course, late in doing so.

Either that, or she could just jump off a bridge or something.

Merovign on May 23, 2008 at 3:24 PM

She’s a complete idiot, and yet keeps getting elected, over and over and over and over…

Which tells me that her constituents are idiots too.

misterpeasea on May 23, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Maxine Waters: Keeping the C-Word alive well into the 21st century.

vanderleun on May 23, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I don’t want to get on a bus that Maxine Waters is driving.

moxie_neanderthal on May 23, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Jackass liberals.

Black Adam on May 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I have to believe that she is what they want.

coldshot on May 23, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Very few vote percentage wise, only the vocal vote. Many of these people are just trying to get by. Any formal opposition would be met with a powerful money machine. She, and the other very liberals, would never let her lose. It would be hopeless to run against her. Nobody really runs against her.
Everything is not as simple as it seems. Where would they be able to raise the million needed to unseat her?
And, this statement, is of no consequence, she is taking on “the man”. The single woman with three kids doesn’t have time to get involved, she is trying to make a living and keeping her kids alive.
Here is her nemisis
And I believe she lives in Hancock Park, I don’t think that is part of the district. A very, very, exclusive area of L.A. Probably nothing under 1 mil, and most over 2 mil.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I have to believe that she is what they want.

coldshot on May 23, 2008 at 3:16 PM

baldilocks would have more to say then me about that. She lives in that area.
Anything I know is dated, I haven’t been around there for ten years.

right2bright on May 23, 2008 at 4:47 PM

AUDACIOUS.

But actually, tax payer subsidies and bail-outs have been providing corporations (global, not even national) ALL OF THE BENEFITS of nationalization while depriving the tax payers of any benefit as “owners”.

So, no to her stupid proposal.
BUT AN ABSOLUTE NO TO BAIL-OUTS & SUBSIDIES!!

maverick muse on May 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM

I don’t know what’s more amazing; the fact that she actually made an empty threat to steal someone’s corporate property and money, or the fact that she made her political ideology as a liberal some sort of good reason for making the threat, in the first place. I’d've been tempted to tell her to kiss my butt, on camera, personally.

Virus-X on May 23, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Controversies
Waters was named in 2005 and 2006 as one of the “most corrupt” members of congress by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. They said, “Her ethics issues arise from her exercise of this power to financially benefit her daughter, husband and son.” They said that Waters’ daughter Karen charges other politicians to appear on mailers sent to constituents in Los Angeles showing her mother’s support for the politician. Karen has received $450,000 in fees from this endeavor and Waters’ son Edward has received $115,000. Waters’ husband Sidney benefited from his wife’s connections with his hiring as a political consultant by a firm, Siebert, Brandford, & Shank, seeking government investment. Sidney Williams earned $500,000 from this consulting, which consisted of introducing Siebert to politicians his wife had supported. Sidney and Edward Williams also benefitted when they won a contract to run a Los Angeles golf course, with the decision made by a county supervisor who had won a close race after Waters’ endorsement and from which they made financial gain of between $140,000 and $400,000. Citizens for Ethics says this violates House ethics rules for family members’ financial gains.

Los Angeles riots of 1992
Waters has been criticized for her comments regarding the Los Angeles riots of 1992. In defense of the people that looted stores and damaged property, Waters said “If you call it a riot it sounds like it was just a bunch of crazy people who went out and did bad things for no reason. I maintain it was somewhat understandable, if not acceptable. So I call it a rebellion.” She also said it was “a spontaneous reaction to a lot of injustice” and “The anger in my district is righteous. I’m just as angry as they are.” She responded to the mass looting of Korean-owned stores by saying: “There were mothers who took this as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes. They are not crooks. Everybody in the street was not a thug or a hood.”

Black Adam on May 23, 2008 at 5:15 PM

She’s got that Clintonesque finger wag going on…

CynicalOptimist on May 23, 2008 at 5:22 PM

What a joke she is.

RobCon on May 23, 2008 at 5:30 PM

The look on her face was pretty funny… you could tell she screwed up, and I like the giggling in the background from her peers on the bench.

These people are idiots.

cannonball on May 23, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Media is steering clear of this one. Maxine is the crazy aunt who people politely ignore (liberal people that is).

RobCon on May 23, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Gee, and I thought South Central Los Angeles demanded high standards of their elected officals.

RobCon on May 23, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Would Republicans and anyone else who think Maxne is a freak get their ration of gasoline at the local gulag in commrade Waters America?

RobCon on May 23, 2008 at 5:38 PM

For the record, she said “liberal” Ed, and she said it twice. The phonetics of the word “member” are substantially different than the word “liberal,” there was no mistaking what she said. So we should not cave into liberals and pretend she said “member.” She said “liberal” twice and that’s a fact.

But the fact that she called herself a “liberal” twice is of no great consequence, after all, who didn’t know that she was a raging liberal? What was so substantial about her statement is that she also admitted her a communist/socialist tendencies in the very same statement, albeit only by a slip of the tongue.

Actually that’s no big news either for people who are truly attuned to the real nature of Democrats. Nevertheless, she was caught flatfooted on this one and we should rub Democrat’s noses in it at every opportunity.

Thank you comrade Maxine Waters for making it all so clear.

Maxx on May 23, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Nationalize the Oil Companies?

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!

$200/barrel oil will be processed with the efficiency of the Airline Screeners and delivered with the speed of Katrina Relief at the price efficiency of the Post Office!!!

And no problem with drilling: the government will replace all of the steel drills with Nerf Drills to make them quiet and safe.

/SARC

landlines on May 23, 2008 at 6:51 PM

And the lack of media coverage is just the kind of complicity we’ve come to expect from the pathetic trolls who (wrongly) call themselves “journalists.”

Merovign on May 23, 2008 at 7:20 PM

if you saw this clip and laughed, or thought she was not well spoken, or felt sorry for maxine; you are a racist.

custer on May 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM

This incident is Exhibit A for we need to elect some decent representatives and not just settle for electing a Republican president.

Gas prices have been spiking this long, and all Congress wants to do is interrogate the oil executives about it. How about taking steps to increase the supply of oil? How about reducing regulations for new oil exploration and refineries? How about allowing at least limited drilling in ANWR and off the Gulf Coast? How about clearing away the regulatory dead tape and offering tax incentives for nuclear power?

Instead, we get posturing for the camera and threats to penalize the oil industry or even take it over.

Unfortunately, the Democratic party is so in the pocket of environmentalists that the only real hope for solving the problem is electing more Republicans.

Hopefully not RINO’s.

theregoestheneighborhood on May 23, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Since finding new sources of energy is out of bounds I’m sure the Obama administration will start mass imports of camels from the middle east to serve in transit and to replace those gas guzzling trucks diesel trains in interstate commerce.

These same animals can help advance medicine and fulfill a campaign promise by providing universal access to the camel urine treatments made popular by some 7th century medicine man who also pretended to be a prophet for some moon god.

Annar on May 23, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Ahh…liberal America! This is not fringe liberalism folks! This is liberalism taken to it’s natural end! These greedy oil companies have no right to exist and extract “profit” from the collective and it’s time that the head of the “collective” stepped in and did something about it for the good of the “collective”! The “collective” knows best and shall grant all power to the State for the good of the Collective!

sabbott on May 23, 2008 at 8:28 PM

“Resistance Is Futile.
You Will Be Assimilated!”

coldshot on May 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM

I had the impression that she used the word “socialize” and then realized that it was the wrong term. Thus, there was a moment of silence as she tried to find the right word, nationalize, only to give up and just describe what she meant. In any case, whatever the term, it describes government theft of private property. I guess that congressmen/women reflect the values and education of their constituency.

NNtrancer on May 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM

OH! Now I finally understand why the liberals are so angry about Iraq and have been saying it was “stupid” to go to war for oil. They figure, let’s just steal the oil right here at home. Why go all the way to Iraq? That would be a hassle. Thanks, Maxine! Now I understand what you and your supporters mean when you scream “no WAR for oil!”

Sean A on May 23, 2008 at 10:51 PM

You know what’s actually scaring me is that these people have even a chance of whining winning, the fact that there are actual people out there who will vote for these bovine excrement for brains, and the fact that I actually know a few….

CynicalOptimist on May 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Oh… and another thing… I’d tell her not to point and shake that boney appendage at me… there’s no telling where it’s been…

CynicalOptimist on May 23, 2008 at 11:38 PM

I’ve just finished watching this video again for at least the fourth time. I just can’t get over it, this woman is a disgrace and a traitor to America. People were talking about this at work today, this has caught a lot of people’s attention. Hopefully a few of them will wake up.

Maxx on May 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM

The people in her district will keep voting for her, they deserve what they get. Sadley we will have to suffer along with them because that is how it works. A very sad day in America in my opinion, this is the beginning of the end. Thanks Libs RIP USA

TroubledMonkey on May 24, 2008 at 12:13 AM

But, of course! Government can do anything better and cheaper than the private sector. I’m sure Ms. Waters could give us numerous examples of government efficiency from her East LA district alone.

drewas on May 24, 2008 at 12:24 AM

This is the reason democrats can’t control congress and the presidency with no checks and balances.

Dollayo on May 24, 2008 at 1:09 AM

The looks on the faces of her fellow legislators was worth it.

darwin-t on May 24, 2008 at 7:26 AM

The woman is dumb as a brick, but a lot of laughs to watch. She is a perfect example of “dazed and confused.” Truly amusing.

UnEasyRider on May 24, 2008 at 10:52 AM

When the oil companies are nationized, how long before they will start drilling in ANWR and off the coast of Florida?

jerseyman on May 24, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Wow, just wow! She really hatched a turd on that one. What an arrogant so and so. I’m telling you we’re screwed, blued and tattooed. California needs a good kick in the teeth.

ronsfi on May 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM

I’ll bet her wig is made of petroleum distillates.

Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your brains!”

profitsbeard on May 25, 2008 at 2:47 AM

RobCon on May 23, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Not so much.

Jaibones on May 25, 2008 at 9:42 AM

It’s a good thing I was wearing my Karl Rove approved thought control beannie or I would have lost intelligence listening to her.

aikidoka on May 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM

All can be explained by the collision of warped countercultures.

Waters has obviously been smoking Pelosi’s botox.

viking01 on May 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Now there’s a child that should have been left behind!

HotJavaJack on May 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Umh. She was left behind.

Hammie on May 26, 2008 at 1:46 AM

She just can’t be that stupid can she? Who voted for this nitwit and why are they still allowed to vote!?!?!? The best part were the her colleagues sitting next to her laughing.

And PLEASE, to everyone in the news, stop trying to explain what other people meant to say. Maybe if moron Maxine thought before she opened her fat mouth she wouldn’t have “mis-spoken” and might have come up with nationalized on her own. (Though socialized energy could ensure that this numb-skull get re-elected.)

PatriotPete on May 29, 2008 at 10:57 AM

what What WHAT! I just want to know how she is going to solve the high cost of gasoline.

The great lie is that oil componies are ripping the United States of America for exssive profites. Yet at the same time the taxes are at least twice as much at the pump as private investment profits. If the price of a gallon of gasoline is not driven by taxes then why when gasoline prices in the U.S. = $3.10 per gallon why does that same gallon cost $7.56 per gallon in England.

What about the folks who work in the oil industry? Do they not pay income taxes? Do they not pay property tax? Do they not pay sales tax?

If congress wants to impose “A WINDFALL PROFITS TAX” on oil companies who will the tax? You and I will pay the tax.

Now that I am done talking facts I would like to talk about what I think. I think that the reason gasoline seems expensive is that the U.S. does not have a good energy program.

The total lack of a policy of energy independance cost money and american lives. Oil is not the answer.

TomLawler on May 29, 2008 at 4:12 PM